WWE 2K24

Dave

1 hour ago, Vamp said:

There's also a WCW pack with DDP, Luger and oddly Iron Sheik because somebody remembered he was in WCW I guess.

Oh yeah I see it now.  Pack doesn’t drop until November.  Mr. Perfect and The Great Muta are in it.

Muta’s awesome but the rest you’re paying for guys who have been in the game before - this isn’t even the first time DDP and Luger have been DLC in the last decade.

Plus the tendency is that DLC guys are in the base game the next year, so paying to play as guys in November for 4 months when they probably end up in the next game.

• Like 1

That is an awesome feature.  I honestly struggled finding the motivation completing MyCareer a few years ago because I was getting so sick of tag matches.  Was just ridiculous you had to hit someone with their finisher, then change focus to knock the opponent(s) off the apron, and hope they didn’t jump off the apron first.  If they did jump off the apron there was no point in going for a pin, they would break it up.

On the surface it seems like just a fresh coat of paint but there are so many quality of life changes it makes a huge difference. I've only done 3 exhibitions and 10 weeks of GM mode so far though.

If you're wondering the matches were

Action figure Cody Vs action figure Cena in an ambulance match Cena won

Cactus, Mankind and Dude Love Vs Bray Wyatt, Funhouse Bray & The Fiend in a War Games the Foley Faces won

and Cody Rhodes Vs Stardust in a Casket Match Stardust won

• Like 1

Been having a pretty great time so far as well. A ton of little things do add up, and it has been relatively bug free so far - except for how they seem to have made match ending animations dynamic. I initially liked how Macho Man rolled out of the ring at the end of the Wrestlemania V showcase match, but didn't realize that he didn't make it all the way out...

There originally was music but I don't think the PS5 captures it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I put in some time yesterday and went through the Showcase mode just to unlock the arenas and additional characters. It was a pretty good time overall, though I found myself skipping the cutscenes at one point or another and when you're doing Orton/Rollins for the LOVE of god pay attention to what corner they tell you to do the Punt from - since that requires three finishers stored up and well... apparently if you do it from the north-east side of the ring instead of the north-west side, it isn't going to count and you're going to have to store up 3 more finishers....

Outside of that I've;

• Tested the tag thing - it works! You can go for the pin off a signature, and their partner will come in and block the pin - but then you can just hit your finisher and get the pin proper with no issue once they roll out. Much more manageable.
  • Characters from MyFaction that were unique to that mode are no longer. Action figure Cody, Action figure Cena for instance can be used in other modes. And there are also cards like Sheamus '09 that are called 'Persona Cards' that add those attires to the wrestlers already in the game.
  • Contracts are a thing of the past. When you get a card, you don't need to load it up with consumable contracts anymore. There are Free Agent cards that you can earn that are only good for a few matches - but those aren't the cards you get in packs as far as I can tell, I got one as a tower reward.
  • Played some 8-person I-Want-To-See-The-Entrances matches, and the load time between matchup screen and getting straight into the entrances is pretty much non-existant, so it's a pretty good time overall.

There's a lot of little touches refined down in this version of the game too - animations are really clean, varied and reactive. If anyone has any questions I can answer them as well perhaps!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Are the weird AI heads in the actual game? They went pretty heavy with those for the commercials and they still freak me out

Hahah, not that I've seen - I think that was just for commercials. Most of the characters look pretty good as well with vastly improved versions of some legends like Macho Man, Mick Foley and Kurt Angle. Bayley and a few others seem to be the odd ones out - but as I said before they always seemed to have trouble with Bayley and I have zero clue why. Shawn Michaels '94 also has old Shawn Michaels face which is weird - and I have to see it a lot because he's my highest rated card in MyFaction right now.

• Like 1

I saw they put J&J Security in the game but not really - they're blurred out of the WM31 footage and it's basically just 2 NPCs that are reasonable facsimiles to J&J without being them.  Kinda like how they handled Tyson in a previous game.

Anyway I only say this because it's wild that somehow the only game Jamie Noble ever got to officially be in was Raw 2 in 2003.  The SmackDown games had smaller rosters back then, maybe 50 or so active roster and then legend spots for the rest and Noble, even when he was Cruiserweight Champion, topped off at someone who was probably in the final round of cuts.  The cruiserweight division in general was always underrepresented - Nunzio never got to be in one, Funaki was only ever in SD2, etc.  Used to annoy me having to create the same guys every year.

I was definitely that guy who as far back as HCTP was yelling to get rid of the legends to put in the undercard current roster.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Has anybody done a Royal Rumble yet? That was my favorite thing in 2k22. 

I have as a part of the last thing you can do in the Showcase.

That's where I found out if you go out in a match, you can switch to the new freecam. Pretty neat, because you can put yourself anywhere and watch the match - so I put myself in the front row and finished watching from there. AI matches seem to be pretty spot on and fluid this year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, apsham said:

I have as a part of the last thing you can do in the Showcase.

That's where I found out if you go out in a match, you can switch to the new freecam. Pretty neat, because you can put yourself anywhere and watch the match - so I put myself in the front row and finished watching from there. AI matches seem to be pretty spot on and fluid this year.

As somebody that liked watching the CPU play out a Rumble, thats fucking awesome. 

I think I'd like to get this one but may wait until Christmas and get a new console as well. 

There's actually some really cool stuff in here (and some of their more recent/other videos since the game's release) that I didn't know about - such as stable members not going after each other in Rumbles by default, and Doink The Clown not only having the cast full of batteries as a weapon, but also having the unique 2 Doinks mid-match interference built in.

• Like 1