WWE 2K24

Dave

On 09/02/2024 at 15:36, VerbalPuke said:

Casket match, special referee, and backstage brawl!!

Which is all shit we had in the first two fucking Smackdown games.

similarly, watching the newLegacyInc stream of it, one of the things they were most excited about was being able to throw and catch weapons which, while fun, is once again something that we had in the first two games.

Same thing really with the 40 years of Wrestlemania stuff - based on the artwork, it gives us Hogan, Andre, Rock, Austin, Bret, Undertaker...all people who have been in these games countless times already. 

• Like 4

40 Years of WrestleMania showcase mode is 21 matches in length which feels lazy at a glance but isn't too hard to explain away considering they did basically this same showcase 10 years ago so they'd be having you replay the same matches with the same cinematics.

There's definitely a few token repeats for the more "iconic" stuff but from the looks of things heavy emphasis was put on Mania matches from the last 10 years.  Unsurprisingly no Lesnar shown, he'd presumably be in a few of the 21 matches unless the 21 matches is a lower number than planned if he got scrapped.

Stuff like Eddie/Angle is in too which they couldn't do a decade ago.

The mode isn't really a selling point for me - they can get it as close as they can but there'll always be little things that just make it all feel off. I'm at least happy that those modes have moved away from doing all the forced spots before certain bits will activate IIRC, that was always the worst.

I kinda wish it was a showcase of midcard matches no one remembers, because apart from Rude and Steamboat (who weren't in the last couple of games) it feels like there's nobody really new or different to unlock. 

Really could do with some random legendary tag teams so that I can fill out a retro universe despite hardly ever playing tag team matches anyway...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, apsham said:

The mode isn't really a selling point for me - they can get it as close as they can but there'll always be little things that just make it all feel off. I'm at least happy that those modes have moved away from doing all the forced spots before certain bits will activate IIRC, that was always the worst.

On the contrary, I think these games have really been missing something when they don't ask us to put Road Dogg through a table.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vamp said:

I kinda wish it was a showcase of midcard matches no one remembers, because apart from Rude and Steamboat (who weren't in the last couple of games) it feels like there's nobody really new or different to unlock. 

Really could do with some random legendary tag teams so that I can fill out a retro universe despite hardly ever playing tag team matches anyway...

Goldust vs. Val Venis vs. Road Dogg vs. Ken Shamrock for the Intercontinental Championship at WrestleMania 15, please.

• Like 3

They should replace every problematic wrestler with Post Malone. Like that classic Randy Savage vs. Post Malone match from WM8 or when Post Malone finally won the big one in the main event of WM20! :w00t: 

Post hugging Eddie to end that show still makes me cry :crying:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

They should replace every problematic wrestler with Post Malone. Like that classic Randy Savage vs. Post Malone match from WM8 or when Post Malone finally won the big one in the main event of WM20! :w00t: 

Post hugging Eddie to end that show still makes me cry :crying:

Post Malone v.s Steven Richards, WrestleMania 6 :shifty:

• Haha 3