WWE 2K24

Dave

6 hours ago, Your Mom said:

They should replace every problematic wrestler with Post Malone. Like that classic Randy Savage vs. Post Malone match from WM8 or when Post Malone finally won the big one in the main event of WM20! :w00t: 

Post hugging Eddie to end that show still makes me cry :crying:

Or when Post Malone returned at Wrestlemania 12 and squashed Triple H.

On 17/02/2024 at 18:54, BuddyAwesome said:

They should include Bundy and SD Jones.  Instead we get Post Malone. Really though I hope they bring back the big blue cage for Hogan/Bundy.

Big blue cage has been in for a while, so I'd be surprised if it was taken out. 

Here is this year's soundtrack, hand-picked by Post Malone as per the 2K website:

• Post Malone - Chemical;
  • Post Malone - Laugh It Off;
  • 100 gecs - Hand Crushed By A Mallet;
  • Busta Rhymes - Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See;
  • Colter Wall - Motorcycle;
  • Grimes - Genesis;
  • Militarie Gun - Do It Faster;
  • Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs - Big Rig;
  • Speed - Not That Nice;
  • Turnstile - Mystery;
  • Tyler Childers - House Fire;
  • Yeat - Bëttr 0ff.

A very meh soundtrack as per usual. But usually, I just turn these songs off and have wrestler's themes play in the background. What sucks about that is that most themes fade out after about a minute.

Edited by Hellraiser

On 19/02/2024 at 19:37, GoGo Yubari said:

Pigs(x7) is a fairly savvy choice for the promotion now effectively run by a Motorhead stan.

also, the title of that Pigsx7 song is a Brodie Lee tribute.

Pigs and Colter Wall are some out of the box choices for a wrestling game soundtrack, but not much else really jumps out at me.

• Like 1

The roster list on the 2k24 site doesn't seem to be completely up to date as its missing Drew McIntyre, George Steele, Kurt Angle, and Ken Shamrock who were all confirmed.

In terms of other current names missing the one headscratcher missing is Karl Anderson.  Luke Gallows is in and both guys were DLC last year.  I'd have to assume him not being listed is an oversight on the roster page unless there's a weird contractual thing like when they left off Ciampa and Nikki Cross that one year.

Can't really expect everyone from NXT being in but Mark Coffey not being in is strange given Joe Coffey and Wolfgang's inclusions.  Lyra Valkyria and Von Wagner aren't in either unless the roster on the site wasn't up to date.

Dragon Lee was with WWE well early enough to be included but his omission doesn't surprise me as they're always gonna want to withhold some fun names for DLC.  Carlito is also someone I'd expect for DLC.  Oh and I'd assume they'll do whatever they have to to get CM Punk in as late stage DLC too.

38 minutes ago, The Buscher said:

The roster list on the 2k24 site doesn't seem to be completely up to date as its missing Drew McIntyre, George Steele, Kurt Angle, and Ken Shamrock who were all confirmed.

In terms of other current names missing the one headscratcher missing is Karl Anderson.  Luke Gallows is in and both guys were DLC last year.  I'd have to assume him not being listed is an oversight on the roster page unless there's a weird contractual thing like when they left off Ciampa and Nikki Cross that one year.

Can't really expect everyone from NXT being in but Mark Coffey not being in is strange given Joe Coffey and Wolfgang's inclusions.  Lyra Valkyria and Von Wagner aren't in either unless the roster on the site wasn't up to date.

Dragon Lee was with WWE well early enough to be included but his omission doesn't surprise me as they're always gonna want to withhold some fun names for DLC.  Carlito is also someone I'd expect for DLC.  Oh and I'd assume they'll do whatever they have to to get CM Punk in as late stage DLC too.

I see Karl Anderson and Mark Coffey on the list. 

• Like 1

I think more people are moaning about Brock not being in the game. Although it is kinda weird that people will presumably have to play as him in Showcase mode to complete it, but don't have the option to ignore him in exhibition. But I guess it's too late to take him out of showcase.

Some of the complaints about the ratings are just weird though. I saw someone complaining that Rhea's rating should be 1 point higher. 

The teased DLC looks fun. Looks like they're going all in with the legends this year.

6 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

As someone who no longer follows wrestling, why did they go from three Brocks in 2023 to no Brocks in 2024?

I assume you've heard of the allegations about Vince that caused his resignation? A big part of the most recent stuff that came out revolved around the company trying to get a wrestler to re-sign and the woman in the lawsuit was promised to that wrestler for sexual favours, etc. Although he wasn't named the only wrestler it could've been with all the criteria shown at the time was Brock. He was pulled from the Rumble with Bron Breakker taking his spot, and subsequently from the game as well.

Three Brocks was also due to the John Cena focus I guess, but had he been in this (and he might still be, just only as someone that can be faced in the story mode? Haven't paid too much attention) there would've likely been as many since they need him from different eras for that too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DLC Packs confirmed

Pack 1 (May 15):  CM Punk, Terry Funk, The Sandman, and The Dudley Boyz

Pack 2 (June 26):  Post Malone, Honky Tonk Man, Sensational Sherri, and The Headbangers

Pack 3 (July 24):  Pat McAfee and “Playable Co-Hosts”

Pack 4 (September 20):  Dragon Lee, Kairi Sane, Carlito, Nia Jax, Jade Cargill, Lyra Valkyria, Michelle McCool

- - -

Love that you have to wait 6 months after release to get a bunch of current roster members because I guess people were itching to play as AJ Hawk, Boston Connor, and Ty Schmitt in a video game.

• Like 2