Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

i'm finding it pretty easy, although i am still playing my Utd game.

I've played 3 seasons and won the Premiership in each, the champions league twice, the world club cup, super cup (x2) and the charity sheield (x2)

I'm also the england manager with a 100% record in 4 games.

I've got a seperate huddersfield game going in which i'm 4th in League One.

But yeh.... the game still rocks, and i think it has got a little harder since the patch.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started a game with Chelsea a while back, signed Frey, Rufete and de Jong. Finished 4th in the league, knocked out of the semi finals on the Champion's League by Inter Milan, with Veron scoring the winner <_<

Anyway, now I believe I have made the best squad I have ever done in any CM/FM game and the new season has started off great, beating Copenhagen in the CL qualifier 3-1 away from home, the start of the league seaosn went even better when I thumped Charlton 6-2 at home with new signing Dédé rounding off the win with a superb 25 yarder which hit the post and went in. Here is my squad, tell me what you think. I play a 4-4-2 with a defensive midfielder shielding the back four and the other central midfielder on a free role.

Goalkeepers: Sébastien Frey and Carlo Cudicini

Left Backs: Wayne Bridge, Nigel de Jong and Dédé

Right Backs: Glen Johnson, Paulo Ferreira

Center Backs: John Terry, William Gallas, Ricardo Carvalho, Robert Huth

Defensive Midfielders: Mark van Bommel, Scott Parker, Vincent Kompany

Attacking Midfielders: Frank Lampard, Geremi, Tiago

Right Wingers: Bastian Schweinsteiger, Joe Cole

Left Wingers: Damien Duff, Arjen Robben

Strikers: Didier Drogba, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Mateja Kezman, Carlton Cole

I may sign Puyol soon to replace Ferraira and James Beattie may come in and Cole could go on loan for the season.

What do you think?

Goalscoring wise, Ruud's 74 in 60 odd games isn't a bad record

as for signings, i'd say Van Der Vaart since that's my only signing from my first season who has been a regular first choice. Other than him, i'd have to add Alexander Frei in there as well, since Carlos Quieroz advised me not to sign him, but I did and he pretty much won me the champs league on his own in my third season.

Edit - My team if anyone cares

------------------------------------Tim Howard------------------------------------

Gary Neville------Vincent Kompany-------Rio Ferdinand-------Gabriel Heinze

---------------------------------Daniele De Rossi---------------------------------

----------Cristiano Ronaldo----Darren Flectcher----Rafael Van Der Vaart

------------------------Alan Smith---------------Ruud Van Nistlerooy-----------

Others

Goalkeepers: Roy Carroll, Robert Olejnik

Defenders: Glen Johnson, Mikael Silvestre, Gareth Barry, John Spector, Mark Jones, Steven Taylor

Midfielders: Niko Krancjar, Paul Scholes, Anthony Vanden Borre, Steed Malbranque, Gary Liddle, Chris Eagles, Fabrice Fernandes

Attackers: Wayne Rooney, Alex Frei, Alexandr Kerzhakov, Alessio Cerci, Freddy Adu

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Been as I'm bored, I thought I'd post my Man United team as it was when I ended the game in 2008

GK: Frey/Howard

DR: De Jong/Neville (I was surprised how good Neville still was)

DC: Fredinand

DC: Kompany/Silvestre

DL: Chivu/Dede

MR Ronaldo/Fletcher

ML: Dede/Van Der Vaart

MC: Baptista/Flamini

MC: Milner/Van Der Vaart

FC: Ruud/Saha

FC: Gilardino

My Chelsea team > Gooner4Life's Chelsea team. :shifty:

Actually, they're not all that different...though I play 4-4-2 without any DMCs, and the two wingers pushing up hard.

Goalkeepers: Cech and Cudicini

Left Backs: Bridge and Bouma

Right Backs: Sagnol and Johnson

Center Backs: Terry, Carvalho, Dellas, Bouma

Central Midfielders: Lampard, Parker, Gerrard, Tiago, Makélélé

Right Wingers: Gerrard, Seedorf

Left Wingers: Robben, Duff, Seedorf

Strikers: Kezman, Drogba, Gudjohnsen, Cole

And thus, my First XI is currently looking like this:

GK: Cech

DR: Sagnol

DL: Bridge

DC: Terry

DC: Carvalho

MR: Gerrard

ML: Robben

MC: Lampard

MC: Parker

FC: Kezman

FC: Drogba

*drools over that midfield* ^_^

Guest Red Devil

I decided to leave the Pompy game, i only managed to win 2 matches out of 24 so a lot of draws pissed me off. I've started a new game with Boro and it's looking good. I've made a few quality signings and it's going okay at the momment. 2 wins and 2 losses. Both wins at home and both losses away. I can't belive i lost against Fulham, the ref gave 3 penelties against me, 3 FUCKING PENS aginst me! We saved one but the other 2 give them the 2 - 0 victory. Here's my team so far with the player name first meaning my first choice.

GK: Lastuvka / Scharwzer

DR: Borre / Ostembor(loan)

DL: Quedreue / Kenton

DC: Southgate / Cooper

DC: Ehioug / Riggot

DMC: Boating/ Guarin

AMC: Mo Zidan/ Cerci

MR: Beirofka / Fritz

ML: Downing / Djordvic(loan)

ATT: Cavagnhi (sp?) / Job

ATT: Hasslebaink / Viduka

A lot of wheeling and dealing went on at the start and hopefully this team will take me into the top 6 adn hopefully win a cup.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

GK: Lastuvka/Stekenenburg

DR: Nigel De Jong/Juan/Toure

DC: Sol Campbell/Cesar Bovo

DC: Ledley King/Phillipe Senderos

DL: Ashley Cole/Gael Clichy

MC: Vieira/Oliseh/Marco Donadel

MC: Gilberto/Fabregas

AMR: Wright-Phillips/Ljungberg/Jankulovski

AML: Robert Pires/Jose Reyes

FC: Henry/Van Persie

FC: Nihat/Anelka/Aliadiere

Just take your favourite bunch from those possible line-ups, they've probably played together at one point or another, theres so more backup, but these are the only ones that matter at the minute.

Probably get Robben in when Pires leaves, might get Ronaldinho, I've got over 40 million, but I've got no real need for transfers right now.

Guest Red Devil

I've got a question, with my old Liverpool team which i took to 09/10 and won just about everything the only thing i couldn't manage to do was keep everyone happy. I know there is no way you can keep everyone happy but as Liverpool i used to always play my first XI unless there was an iinjury. It did the job for me but the 15 or so player that got around 6 or 7 matches were pissed at me. The thing i hate about it is they're all under 22 and they're there for teh future but get unhappy if i don't play them. How good are you at keeping your team happy and do you do anything to help keep them happy?

I play my second team in both domestic cups and try to play them in home matches against really crappy teams but away matches are fucking hard even against shitty teams so i need my best team out. Other then that i just play who i think will win me the match and by the end of the end of the season half my squad is unhappy.

I hate the Chelsea board, they keep adidng to my transfer budget, I don't need to spend, but I cannot leave £71m just there in my transfer kitty can I? :(

I was going to get Adriano for £56m but the bastard turned down £120,000 a weke wages, a £6k goal bonus, £5k assist bonus and £6m signing on fee.

He said he felt he deserved more wages and a better signing on fee. How greedy can you get? :angry:

My Arsenal team suck we've been dragged into mid table medicority because Benitez (who got sacked by Liverpool at exactly the same time Arsenal sacked Wenger which was kind of odd) left me with the crappiest team around. I had signed Reyes and Fabregas when at Chelsea so I could only afford to bring back Fabregas. The team he left behind is awful though he got rid of Henry, Viera, Ljunberg, Pires and Edu and replaced them with a load of rubbish. He did make a couple of good buys though such as Downing and Smith (who has been out for 6 months this season).

Have got Woodgate coming in on a free though which is the only highlight of a crap year for me in which I got sacked by Chelsea and Wales after getting Wales a record 9-0 loss against Poland due to having my two centre halves sent off. And my rep went from world class to national which sucks makes me wish I had never taken on the Arsenal job.

Here is my wonderful Arsenal team from the 07/08 season.

GK: Lastuvka/Reina

RB: Hoyte/Lauren

LB: Cole

CB: Campbell/Cygan

CB: Toure/Pavon

MR: Etxeberria/Pennant

ML: Downing/Ji-Sung

MC: Carrick/Fabregas

MC: Baraja/Blasi/Flamini

FC: Smith (Injured)/Saha

FC: Berbatov/Cole

Edited by Sam

Guest The Real Deal

This question is for anyone that played the FM 2005 demo the first demo released.

Can someone tell me why this demo was so slow?

I believe I read that it that the loading times were really slow.

Just got it today. Started a quick game with England to get into it, doing ok.

I right want to play as a club side but I cant decide between Chelsea (to get ito the game with, exisitng squad, money etc), or Sheffield Unitec (because.....points at avatar)

This question is for anyone that played the FM 2005 demo the first demo released.

Can someone tell me why this demo was so slow?

I believe I read that it that the loading times were really slow.

Because it was a beta demo, if I recall correctly. When it went gold demo they sped it up