Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

The dumbest goal i've ever seen since the introduction of the 2D pitch, just happened to me. I really mean dumb, as there have been other stupid goals scored in there. As an example, back on cm4, me and a couple of friends were playing the spanish league. He was valencia and scored a goal which was a defender backpass from outside of the area. The ball was going reeeeally slowly towards the keeper who was going to easily catch the ball... or so we thought. He suddenly fell down (that thing where the circle gets smaller) and the ball passed by him, and went slooowly to the net.

But still.. this was even worse. So, i'm Hornchurch from English Conference South, playing Plymouth from the 2D for the cup, and i have a goal kick. My goalie kicks the ball, one of their defenders heads it behind to the goalie, who just stood watching the ball as it went... to the post... Still, the goalie didn't look to keen on moving towards the ball. I believe he was on the phone or something :shifty: My striker goes to reach for the ball, as well as that defender who had headed the ball back in the first place. The goalie only started to move when both my striker, and the defender were really close to the ball, he would probably get the ball as he was close to it, if at least he hadn't remember to make the run... to the OPPOSITE side. They were lucky cause the defender reach the ball first and passed the ball to his goalie who was on the other side of the area by then. The goalie managed to screw up once again trying to deliver the ball to his left back cause the pass was short. Then it was their left back and my right winger trying to get the ball, then one of those stupid indecisions the players sometimes have on FM happened and my winger stopped for a bit allowing the left back to reach the ball first. Then he kicks the ball just to send it away from danger (he was still near the area on the left side), the ball goes, and goes, and goes... My goalie leaves his goal to catch the ball, but totally misses it and the ball passes a couple inches (on the screen, which would make a really large distance on real life) to his right and to the net.

So this is how after almost scoring the dumbest goal i've seen about 3 times in the same play i end up getting it on my goal, and i'm out of the cup. Just as a curiosity, their dumb goalie is Larrieu, my dumb goalie is Ashley Bayes and their left back who scored was Aljofree.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been playing as Crystal Palace, and the team is totally different, and only Johnson in the side.

Finsihed 16th in the first season, tenth in the second and now ninth in the third season after twenty odd games.

My side.

GK: Bogdon Labont ©

DL: Roger

DC: Cesar Augusto Fawcett

DC: Naldo

DR: Abubakari Yakubu

ML: Adrianinho

MC: Mario Alberto Santana

MC: Shinji Ono

MR: Thomas Hitzelsperger

FC: Andrew Johnson

FC: Lebohang Mokoena

S1: Libis Andres Arenas

S2: Emerson Boyce

S3: Robson Ponte

S4: Joonas Kolkka

S5: Freddy Guarin

Ive done 3 seasons with ADO Den Haag (dutch relegation battlers) . first season i struggled to stay up , the next an improvement finishing 7th . Last season i ruled the dutch league , well i wouldve if Ajax didnt win their 4th consecutive title ! . i finished 2nd and won the national cup . so within 3 seasons i was in the champions league :D bow down before the almighty god

I havn't played the game for a few days and played it today. Still in pre-season I tried to sort out the contract problem. Nobody was budging.

Solution? Few days later Man Utd offer me the managers job so I jump ship to Old Trafford who's financial muscle is superior.

That's loyalty for ya

Edited by The Slickman

For those who don't know the patch will be coming out on Wednesday March 2nd in the form of a 15mb patch only or a 80mb patch/data update. More info at http://www.sigames.com/news.php?type=view&article_id=1101

Second and (hopefully) final patch to be released on Wednesday, with an added early Easter present!

Fans of Football Manager 2005 are about to receive an unexpected gift in the form of a free data update, which will be made available by Sports Interactive and SEGA Europe on Wednesday, March 2nd to co-incide with the release of the second and hopefully final patch for Football Manager 2005.

The data update, which will be available free-of-charge from www.sigames.com, brings the game right up to date by including all changes in personnel that have occurred in the world of football since the game's initial release on November 4th 2004 and the closure of the recent transfer window on January 31st (a total of more than 160,000 change of player, coaching and managerial staff and stats).

"We are very happy to offer our fans this 'thank you' in recognition of the support that they have shown to us and it's great that SEGA has given us the green light to do it," says Miles Jacobson, Managing Director of Sports Interactive. "Football Manager has become the game of choice for all football fans because of the level of realism that it offers its players and this update can only enhance the experience."

The update will be available in a number of forms, combined with the latest (and final) FM 2005 patch in standard, RAR and Torrent format (the patch will also be available as standalone file for those who do not want the update). The patch will be about 15MB without the data, and 80MB with the data. The torrent version will go live early on Wednesday afternoon, with the other versions to follow later in the day. It will be available for both PC & Mac, with seperate patches/updates for Worldwide Soccer Manager. The version being released will not work with the Korean or Czech/Polish versions of the game, and we'll have more information on versions for those as soon as we are given it!

http://www.sigames.com/fm/

There is the full message.

I have heard the update is great.

Can't wait until Wednesday, going to have to start a new Arsenal game now though :(

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Anyone else deleted the pictures from the regens folder? I absolutely hate signing a player only to find some fat twat in a grainy picture in the corner of my screen.

Yeah most brazilian regens are either fat guys or guys who look like they havent left their houses for the last few years.

I tend to find myself just hanging onto my "stars" for as long as possible to avoid having to search for another player amongst all the rubbish that appears.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I'm gonna wait a few days, I've got no intention of downloading it using bittorrent, and trying to get it through their website at the minute is really depressing.