Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Yea seems odd, must have a ton of people trying to get on to find out if it's out. I hope they have a series of mirrors set up. Anyone know what the patch does?

Few questions I want answering about FM generally:

1) Anyway to lower the expectations of the board? I want to play as Leeds but I got sacked in Febuary for not being near the top. I figured lowering the clubs reputation might do it but I still want that. Any ideas?

2) How much TV revenue does a Premiership club get?

3) If you're Arsenal, is Bergkamp unavailble for away Euro games?

4) What happens if you're a national manager and you ignore the friendly instructions set by club managers? Do they just get a bit annoyed or do they start withdrawing players?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The patch is out!

SIgames.com is awkward, but I found it on their forums.

Without updated data

Patch Without Data

Patch Without Data (Mirror)

With updated data

Patch With Data

Patch With Data (Mirror)

I'm downloading the one without the data because I prefer to keep it realistic.

7%!!! only 45 mins left!!! :D

Started downloading off them, decided to say fuck it and wait when I was told I'd have to wait 5 hours for the one without the data.  I'd rather get a more direct download later then waste an evening trying to get a flipping patch.

It downloaded for me in about 20 mins. Mind you, in total it took me about 45/50 minutes before the thing was fully installed from when I clicked the "download" button.

Yea seems odd, must have a ton of people trying to get on to find out if it's out. I hope they have a series of mirrors set up. Anyone know what the patch does?

Few questions I want answering about FM generally:

1) Anyway to lower the expectations of the board? I want to play as Leeds but I got sacked in Febuary for not being near the top. I figured lowering the clubs reputation might do it but I still want that. Any ideas?

2) How much TV revenue does a Premiership club get?

3) If you're Arsenal, is Bergkamp unavailble for away Euro games?

4) What happens if you're a national manager and you ignore the friendly instructions set by club managers? Do they just get a bit annoyed or do they start withdrawing players?

OK, I'm now loving this patch.A new feature in there is chairmen wanting you t buy big name layers. Here's a screen I found at SIgames about it:

http://www.picsplace.to/5/1032/whats_this_then.JPG

When, the manager of this game signed Veron, he got this message:

http://www.picsplace.to/5/1032/veron.JPG

But if you dn't do what he wants, I've heard about chairman taking things into their own hands, and bidding for players that they want. Also, I've heard about you getting a message at Leeds saying that you need to sign a bg name player as they want to shed their reputation as a selling club.

This all sounds great to me.

EDIT: searchedand found a few screenies of what happens if you don't sign any big name players.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/gr8ma.../Berlusconi.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/gr8madmax/Torres.jpg

And here is the massive amount hebidded for those players:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/gr8madmax/Transfers.jpg

Edited by Jonny D

Those screenies look really good. Now Real Madrid in FM will probably simulate real life by signing a 'galactico' every season.

But do the chairmen interfering in transfers thing only happen in countries like Spain/Italy? Since, in real life, only clubs in these countries have chairmen who do that. In England, the chairmen hardly ever interfere with transfers, at least not to the extent that the chairmen in Italy and Spain do.

I don't have the patch and i started a game a couple days ago with Lyon and the Chairman asked me to buy big name players. How is that a new feature of the patch?

Chairmen interfere in transfers (depending from chairman to chairman of course) in all Latin countries. Not just those two. :P

Edited by Malenko

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

To make it more realistic, if you play as Real Madrid, you shouldn't be allowed to do anything but choose the formations and tactics of your team.

I heard Ken Bates also has a knack of doing this, he better not use up all my transfer budget. In theory it should make a gameplay a lot more interesting.

Michael Carrick is an example that pops to my head immedietly. Apparently Santini never had even heard of him/never knew he had him when Martin Jol and Frank Arneson bought him.