Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

My major problem is my hatred of playing with regens, and by the time I reach the Premiership, most of the known players have retired and I'm forced to play with a team of people with generic names.

No, because all "TV" means in FM is that the club gets money from it. International teams don't get money, they can't spend it anyway, so there's no point having the little TV icon next to their name.

But it can be assumed that National TV games are being shown on the releavent TV stations. The national team just doesn't see any of the money.

Edited by TheReilDeal

Started a game with Madrid. Signed C. Ronaldo, Essien and Robinho, according to Perez they weren't high profile signings, se he went out and bought Henry and was also trying to get Baraja but the dumbass president was too late in signing and the transfer window passed.

So now I have Owen, Robinho, Ronaldo, Raul and Henry fighting for two positions. I might have to play a 4-1-5 formation.

Hell, I actually needed Baraja, but not Henry. <_<

No, because all "TV" means in FM is that the club gets money from it. International teams don't get money, they can't spend it anyway, so there's no point having the little TV icon next to their name.

But it can be assumed that National TV games are being shown on the releavent TV stations. The national team just doesn't see any of the money.

Well, I'm gonna start a 'Lower LEague Manager' game in a minute, and Frank has selected that I go with Redditch in the English Conference North...who I've never ever heard of.

Anyone wanna place bets on how long this game lasts? I've only ever gone 3 years, and I've done that twice. But I've started about 15 games which have gone (the longest) to December or (the shortest) about a week in.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Wow, Tottenham suck, I think I might resign rather than wait for a better job, whoever was here previously left the squad in a sorry state of affairs, I made some decent signings but they're still 50% shit.

34 days at the team and I'm out, my career has hit a downward spiral since leaving Juve.

How do you guys set out your tactics?

With Arsenal, I play attacking, wide, quick tempo and things like that, short passing.

And then match everyones individual things with things that make sense and go with their stats but I always do fucking terrible.

How do you do your tactics? Since 5.0.5, nothing bloody works!

Well, I'm gonna start a 'Lower LEague Manager' game in a minute, and Frank has selected that I go with Redditch in the English Conference North...who I've never ever heard of.

Anyone wanna place bets on how long this game lasts? I've only ever gone 3 years, and I've done that twice. But I've started about 15 games which have gone (the longest) to December or (the shortest) about a week in.

How do you guys set out your tactics?

With Arsenal, I play attacking, wide, quick tempo and things like that, short passing.

And then match everyones individual things with things that make sense and go with their stats but I always do fucking terrible.

How do you do your tactics? Since 5.0.5, nothing bloody works!

In my current Chelsea game, I use 2 different tactics. One for home games, one for away games.

For the home tactic, my mentality is attacking, just 2 notches away from all out attack, quick tempo, wide, normal passing, push up defending. And I have specific individual instructions for each player. If a player can dribble, I'll let him dribble often. If he can cross, I'll let him cross often. Unless he's a central defender. And direct passing for central defenders, short passing for midfielders, etc.

For my away tactic, my mentality is normal, slow tempo, direct passing, deep defending. And I play with counter-attacking when I'm away. The above about specific player instructions still apply.

And 26 games into the season, my Chelsea team is still unbeaten. :)

Play to your teams strengths - for example I'm Chelsea currently, so I have the super powerful Didier Drogba upfront, so I use him as a target man and have my two centre backs play direct (long) balls to him. I then have my skillfull midfield use short passing, so overall (bar Terry and Carvalho) my passing is set to short at about 25%. My tempo is about 70% - Quick, as I have players like Duff and Robben on the wing, and I think quick ties in with short passing. My width is set to normal, dead in the middle.

I got sacked with Everton, I liked ambition... which I did, I never bought anyone to stop me from ruining the game and winning everything. I had some beautiful regen youngsters that I was maturing, but never got chance to bring them through. They dropped Carsley and Pistone, and others :(.

I went to pursue the lower leagues. Took over at Wrexham, no money, 9k over a 15k budget, rubbish players, etc etc. I actually dropped from 9th to 17th from when I took over, I can't actually work out why they sacked their manager in 9th. Anyway, it wasn't too bad. I won about 5, drew about 13 and lost about 5. It wasn't that bad.

I've been using trialists pre season and got rid of some of my better players, mainly on free's to help the wage budget.

I've loaned in one of my Everton centre backs, and bought my future goalkeeper for just 10k, Gary Megson must not like him much, and I managed to get a Liverpool youngster, who was on his way to Chelsea but my loan deal somehow went through first.

I'm trying to use loans to my advantage as much as possible, as I don't pay anything for them, and the club is literally broke.

It's awesome.