Most Underrated Actors

Two that by asking just people i generally know and them giving me blank stares i would consider micheal madsen( most likely known by board members as Mr.blonde in reservoir dogs and Budd in Kill Bill ) and steve buscemi. Another one that comes to mind is jason lee as he normally seems to get bashed in reviews and more so when in a kevin smith movie, but i find nearly every thing i've seen him in to be a great performance by him.

I'm definitely with you on Pantoliano, he's been around forever... one of my favorite movies he was in was Midnight Run, and that movie is almost as old as I am.

Tim Roth is another big one, he has great acting range but has never really been truly appreciated.

If we're talking amazing actors who don't get proper mainstream success, Peter Sarsgaard comes to mind. Steve Buscemi and Jason Lee have all had their success, most specifically Lee now with The Incredibles, but Buscemi's been in a ton of hits. If we're talking strictly talent vs reputation, I think Adam Sandler's a lot better than anyone gives him credit for. He was great in Punch Drunk Love, and looks to be much the same in Spanglish.

Johnny Knoxville, because he's a pretty good actor in my mind, but most people will just think of him as "the Jackass guy."

I also like Rock more than most people will give him credit for.

Seth Green is brilliant also, i'm crossing my fingers for another Austin Powers with him as one of the focus points.

Seth Green is brilliant also, i'm crossing my fingers for another Austin Powers with him as one of the focus points.

Yes, because they didn't make Scott Evil quite lame enough in Goldmember.

I'd say Will Smith is a bit underrated.