Favorite Guitarists?

apsham

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vai, SRV, Hendrix.. those who have influenced the great guitar players of today.

My personal favourite right now?

Paul Waggoner from Between the Buried and Me.

He works in arpeggios, scales, sweeps, and everything else, while still keeping things simple enough that you don't have to be lumped into a specific type of music to enjoy his shit.

That, and the rest of the band also kicks ass. Their old drummer Mark Castillo rocked all sorts of fuckin' balls.

Edit:

Between the Buried and Me - Camilla Rhodes

Between the Buried and Me - Mordecai

Between the Buried and Me - Fire For a Dry Mouth

[the vocals are pretty blah on this, since it's older, before the singer really developed.. but the ending is crazy fun.]

Oh yeah, and the songs are from their official website, so it's not hax0rz.

Edited by grind your soul

James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett of Metallica, mainly because Metallica are my favourite band and these 2 are the main reason as to why i started playing guitar. Although age is beginning to catch up with them, they are still putting on good shows.

Off the top of my head I'd say Wylde, Morello, Frusciante, Doyle Von Frankenstein, Clapton, Hetfield, Hammett, Navarro, Cornell..

And fucking hell, the list goes on.

Honorable mention to Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer. He's a good guitarist but I find that his riffs are quite repetitive.

Steve Vai

John Petrucci (Dream Theater)

Joe Satriani

Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen :shifty:)

Buckethead

Rob Ramos (Strung Out, just pipping Jake Kiley.He just doesn't seem right on this list though.)

There's also a British punk band called "pmx" who have some amazing guitar work. Stuff's very dificult to come by (I have like 2 songs, which I got off PureVolume), i'm trying to find their official site if they have one, as I know they have an album out, it's just where to buy it)

Edited by YI