Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

I missed Gerrard falling over :(

They'll show it on MOTD, I'm sure of it. It was in keeping with the general theme of the post match coverage.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the most entertaining games I've seen in ages that didn't involve Arsenal. Seriously, Liverpool were so laughably bad for the majority of the game I expected a Luton win by the end, but you scraped through, well, I guess you just outlasted them to be fair.

Anfield bound Agger jets in

Jan 11 2006

EXCLUSIVE by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

Danish defender Daniel Agger

DANIEL AGGER arrived at Anfield today to complete a £5.8m transfer from Brondby.

The Danish club gave the European Champions permission to meet the 21-year-old international defender after Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry flew out to Denmark earlier this week.

A fee was finally agreed this morning, allowing Agger the chance to become the second Anfield recruit of the transfer window, subject to a medical.

Rafa Benitez believes the youngster can offer an instant threat to the places of Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher.

• 3 weeks later...

dear rafa

get someone who can finish

love jose.

I defended Crouch when he first started because he actually worked for the team, but now he works against us. His flick-ons are terrible and rarely find any of our players, and his headers have no power and are never on target. Morientes (although he didn't play today) is a waste of space. It's painful watching him knowing that, somewhere, there's an amazing talent but it'll never be realised. Cisse, eh, won't be surprised to see him go in the summer but he wasn't really Benitez's signing anyway - the last of Houllier's overspending on average players.

If we had strikers that could finish (whether it be Fowler, Owen, Defore or whoever) we would've drawn that, beat Birmingham and Man Utd, leaving us with 7 points from the last 3 instead of one.

Edited by therockbox

That was actually hilarious I must confess.

Still, can't complain about the sending off on either point.

Even if he got the ball you can't tackle from behind and even though Robben took a ridiculous dive, you can't raise your hands to a player.

It's a stupid rule, there's raising your hand to someone in a way that's meant to hurt them, and then there's that. I've seen plenty of times where stuff like that hasn't been given at all by the ref.

Tackle wasn't really that bad either, he got the ball and the Chelsea players was going away from goal.

The tackle was two footed though. If he hadn't raised his hand to Robben, I'm pretty sure he would've got away with a booking but he got himself in deeper after the Robben incident.

Must admit, delighted with the win. Chelsea/Liverpool games are never the most enjoyable but after Liverpool had opened up so well, we seemed to grow in confidence after Gallas scored.

Also, as Andy Gray said, the linesman looked like a ball boy :lol: