Talking To Americans

apsham

But they cry whenever someone gets something wrong about their country. Can you name one person outside of Canada that gives a fuck about their Royal Canadian Mounted Police or their "Army". Without us, Canada would still be part of the British Empire. Why do I say that? Well look at the facts: Canada was formed as New France AFTER England came here and colonized. Canada left the British Empire AFTER The U.S. did. Canada are slow bastards that like to say the word eh.

Why should someone that really isn't in a state bordered to a Canadian Province give a shit about Canada?

It's like this: If I lived in Texas, why would I care about Canada's Prime Minister. Just the point, you can't ask all of America to care about Canada.

Well you might not have tobut it might be a good idea to anyway for when you go back to D.C. to "work".

A little something i thought some of the canadians might enjoy :P

Basically this is a series of assessments of 15 year olds in 41 countries, testing maths, science, reading and problem solving.

"Programme for International Student Assessment:Learning for Tomorrow’s World First Results 2003"

Reading:

Canada- Ranked 3rd

USA- Ranked 18th

Science:

Canada- Ranked 11th

USA- Ranked 22nd

Maths:

Canada- Ranked 7th

USA- Ranked 28th

Problem Solving:

Canada- Ranked 9th

USA- Ranked 29th

Source:http://www.oecd.org/document/28/0,2340,en_2649_201185_34010524_1_1_1_1,00.html

Read as much or as little into that as possible kids :kiss:

...but give us one reason why we should care about any other nation but our own?

Guest Ringmaster

A little something i thought some of the canadians might enjoy tongue.gif

Basically this is a series of assessments of 15 year olds in 41 countries, testing maths, science, reading and problem solving.

"Programme for International Student Assessment:Learning for Tomorrow’s World First Results 2003"

Reading:

Canada- Ranked 3rd

USA- Ranked 18th

Science:

Canada- Ranked 11th

USA- Ranked 22nd

Maths:

Canada- Ranked 7th

USA- Ranked 28th

Problem Solving:

Canada- Ranked 9th

USA- Ranked 29th

Source:http://www.oecd.org/document/28/0,2340,en_2649_201185_34010524_1_1_1_1,00.html

Read as much or as little into that as possible kids kiss.gif

Edited by Ringmaster

I really wish there was History or Geography amongst those categories, because those stats would have been hilarious, both Canadians and Americans are pretty much some of the most clueless people I've seen when it comes to those. It would have been nice to see who is actually worse.

Guest Ringmaster

In the Manitoba school system, 14-16 (which I am 15 right now) is when we learn about Canadian history (Senior I) and Geography (Senior II). Right now in Geography we are learning about every region in Canada and the United States, and we are focussing more on Mexico (more because we have a Mexican whatchyamacallit (forget the name) here in Canada.) as well.

Edited by Ringmaster

Are you saying that Canada left the British Empire before the U.S.? Becuase they didn't leave till the 1790's I believe.

Seriously, you should have just stopped talking now. Because If you honestly believe Canada left the British Empire in 1790, than you now NOTHING about Canadian history to begin with. Absolutely nothing.

It's not like you Canadians care about other nations. Ten dollars says most of you Canadians [that aren't Dominican] would be able to name the President of the Dominican Republic.

You clearly don't understand the point of the show.

It is hilighting the fact that Canadians know so much about American history, politics and culture, yet Americans have ZERO knowledge on Canadian history, politics and history. That we are neighbours, that we import and export billions of dollars too eachother and that we are apparently allies in this world and you still are completely oblivious and ignorant to us, and we are so aware and interested in Americans.

Jesus, if you don't know anything about the issues than stop posting in threads that you are clueless about.

Edited by PunkRockPete

I totally agree Media 2.0, and I think that was the main point of the show. To point out the fact that all of the "smaller" countries in the world know so much about America, but America knows so little about the small countries. Perhaps it isn't America's perspective that is disturbing, perhaps it's OUR perspective about America that is disturbing.

But hey, I am reading too far into this.

In other words..basically if it was a 'popularity contest' of all the countries, America would win. (probaly)

Do you know how many countrys out there have sworn off American for various things? You wouldn't get nearly any votes from the Middle East, or other areas that America hasa "helped", the only significant amount of votes would come from America's own population.

In other words..basically if it was a 'popularity contest' of all the countries, America would win.

If by win, you mean come dead last, then yes. How can a nation that is nearly universally despised, win a 'popularity' contest? Just because you know what kind of car someone drives or what they like to eat for breakfast in the morning doesnt mean you like them.

I like how the US gave more money to the tsunami victims than the whole EU combined. And France is still calling us cheap and saying we should give more.

Edited by Jar Jar Beatnik