The Urban Music Thread

Guest Blade

In one of the last tracks on the album, he explains why he mentions his name and number so much.

Goes back to when he was trying to get on and he would go up to artists/local promoters with his tapes and they'd say "Mike Jones? Who?" He was gonna change his name, his grandma told him to keep his given name, so he did and gave out his cell number with it. Not a thrilling story, but that's what he gives.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

game was backed into a corner, so he had to do something....I'm with game on this one tho, all the dissis on his new mixtape were good, but there were a bit too much...it's seeming like an obsession now. At least we know game is ready for war, but will G-Unit even respond to any of this? They seemed to love talking shit on the raido (mainly Yayo) but once game struck back 50 probably cried to Dre and EM....give 50 2 years(if that) and he'll be struggling to go Gold, and that's obvious with the way his album isn't even doing as good as GRODT was at this time when it dropped.

I like how now that Game has split from 50, everyone seems to be taking his side. 50's the Triple H of the rap game.

Game is definitely not a better rapper than 50, though his album was better. When 50 wants to, he can put out genuinely good, intelligent rap songs (Ghetto Qu'ran, Many Men, Baltimore Love Song) whereas Game just puts out tracks about how much he loves the Westside/Eazy E/Dr. Dre.

I like how now that Game has split from 50, everyone seems to be taking his side. 50's the Triple H of the rap game.

Game is definitely not a better rapper than 50, though his album was better. When 50 wants to, he can put out genuinely good, intelligent rap songs (Ghetto Qu'ran, Many Men, Baltimore Love Song) whereas Game just puts out tracks about how much he loves the Westside/Eazy E/Dr. Dre.

Game namedrops constantly, but when he drops that sort of stuff he can produce some decent tracks - Dreams, Special, Like Father Like Son. He's pretty decent IMO.

That said I'm supposed to be going to 50/Eminem/D12/G-Unit show in Milton Keynes in September. I really like GRODT, some classic tunes on that one. Game was/is my favourite G-Unit member, but given that I'm not really a fan, that isn't lavish praise.

game was backed into a corner, so he had to do something....I'm with game on this one tho, all the dissis on his new mixtape were good, but there were a bit too much...it's seeming like an obsession now. At least we know game is ready for war, but will G-Unit even respond to any of this? They seemed to love talking shit on the raido (mainly Yayo) but once game struck back 50 probably cried to Dre and EM....give 50 2 years(if that) and he'll be struggling to go Gold, and that's obvious with the way his album isn't even doing as good as GRODT was at this time when it dropped.

Dude, do you even realise that Game has only just/nearly 2 times platnium after going platnium in 2 weeks?50's already 4 times, just in the US.50's living fine, and he will pass Gold for a long time....shit, Yayo's gonna go Plat by association.

And Mike Jones makes me laugh, woith his whole reapting his name and shit, and it actually selling.

Eh, I downloaded Massacre for free off the internet. (Legally, Hot 97 picked up the tab apparently.) And thankfully, that's the only reason I ever bothered getting it. I never would have paid for it.

And well, it's sad when the industry pushes trash like 50 instead of more decent rappers. 50 knows that people will eat up whatever he puts out, and caters to it. Lyrics like what was on "Guess Who's Back" will never be done again because he's basically a sell out. You'll go to the clubs, Just A Lil Bit comes on, whole place starts hollerin. You'll go around college dorms, that's all that's playing. Disco Inferno, Candy Shop, Just a Lil Bit, in that progression.

Sheep don't give a fuck about talent. The industry needs to be revamped, get people who won't sell out quality when making fame and fortune. Like Kanye.

THE Game, who famously feuded with mentor 50 CENT back in March, is now locked in a hate-fest with thuggish rap mogul SUGE KNIGHT. The pair's respective posses rumbled outside marketing maestro STEVE STOUTE's 35th birthday bash at Cabana in L.A. Sunday night after one of Knight's cronies tried to snatch a bling-encrusted chain off Game's neck. The next night, Knight and Game were disinvited from a party for R&B diva CIARA at Geisha House — and security was doubled — after it was rumored the rap rivals would square off again there. Insiders believe it's only a matter of time before the festering feud explodes into violence. Knight, who has aligned himself with the Bloods street gang for years, has long been suspected of involvement in the unsolved murder of Brooklyn rap legend NOTORIOUS B.I.G.The slain rapper's family recently filed a federal lawsuit claiming the LAPD turned a blind eye to the 1997 murder because evidence pointed at disgraced cop DAVID MACK, who allegedly worked for Knight's Death Row Records.

Suge is the last person I'd want to piss off, the man looks like he could kill you himself, not to mention the fact that he is a shady motherfucker that most likely has people on his payroll that would kill you.

Guest Blade

whos checked the new anger management mixtape by clinton sparks and eminem shit is hot and my god Olivia is so fuckin hot i was listenin to g-unit radio pt. 12 and lookin at the front of the cover "so seductive" is next to her so right it is she is so seductive