The Urban Music Thread

Guest Blade

yeah your right....but people can wish right?

on another subject, does anyone even think that Bleeks album will reach 500,000? For his musical sake I hope it does, if not Jay-Z said he's going to drop him.

If that single "Like That" gets promoted a lot plus gets ton of radio play, much like they did for Jay-Z or Kanye West, I could see a gold record for Bleek. I hope he gets there anyway. That single got played in the clubs, barely on radio though. Sounds hot anyway.

50 Cents album was nowhere near as bad as the internet hyped it up to be, the blind hate for anything 50 did cahnged people's views (it happened to me,) and was no where near as bad as it was said to be.

Yeah. I was expecting it to suck. I got into all the bad hype. Then I listened to it, went with that hype. Then I listened to it more, it wasn't that bad. Nothing outstanding, and the overall is about average. But there's some good tracks.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SquadBoy

Still Tippin got played out quick. Paul Wall's "People's Champ" is coming soon, so I will buy that. Mike Jones' album was.. alright. Good Enough, I was sorta dissapointed with the short length (15, 3 minute tracks). I'm just used to the 30 something track mixtapes they did.

What you guys think about the Mike Jones and Chamillion shit? I like both rappers, but I think Chamillion has got Mike Jones. Chamillion is a better rapper then Mike Jones. If Mike Jones and Chamillion were to get into a freestyle battle Chamillion would win for sure.

Guest Blade

I have a high opinion of many rappers especially up and comer Papoose who isn't widly know over here in the u.k. after talkin to some friends who have never heard of them they reckon he is shit cos they would of heard of him but still i belive he will be big what are your opinions guys (and gals)

Guest N9Ne

I like papoose, people say he's vastly overrated but I have to disagree..he's the best out there right now...the kid can freestyle and has proven he can be as lyricial as the best

Guest N9Ne

I've downloaded his Whoo Kid mixtape (saigon) and it wasn't even good...he pretty much jacked papooses alphebetical slaughter with that "the letter p" shit he did....I think saigon is overrated...but that's just me...

Cena freestyled on my local radio station a couple weeks ago, but I dont' have a copy of it...wasn't all that good though.

Out of curiousity, how would you guys rank the members of G-Unit lyrically? Myself I'd go:

Buck

Banks

Game

What about you guys?

Aha.

Aha.

ha.

ha.

I will now discredit fineintent's opinion on anything G-Unit, seeing as he has ranked Game at the top o.o

Yayo

Game

Buck

Banks

Blade, who the hell is Spider Loc?

Since the majority of people here know at least something about rap, let me throw this out there...its been done before, but refreshing is always good. What are the top 10 songs your've been listening to, rap wise? I figure this will help everyone out, as if you havent heard it, you can listen to it in some way :shifty: and will help people find new artists and songs.

Edited by Hellfire