The Urban Music Thread

Guest Blade

Guest BacknBlackHoez

anybody hear about Houston!

He suffers from Bi-Polar disorder, and late last night, he attempted suicide by stabbing himself in the eye, saying he was god, and he was going to see his father.

When i read this i thought it was B.S., but its 100% TRUE! there was also a picture released, but was very nasty looking.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody hear about Houston!

He suffers from Bi-Polar disorder, and late last night, he attempted suicide by stabbing himself in the eye, saying he was god, and he was going to see his father.

When i read this i thought it was B.S., but its 100% TRUE! there was also a picture released, but was very nasty looking.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

After being thwarted in a suicide attempt in a London hotel room, R&B singer Houston reportedly gouged his own eye out.

According to sources close to the singer, on Thursday Houston attempted to jump out of a hotel window but was stopped by his security personnel.

He was then locked in his hotel room, where he injured himself. There are currently no further details on the incident, although photographs of his injury are circulating online.

The Los Angeles native, born Houston Summers IV, was overseas for a series of performances when the incident occurred. He scored a hit last year with the Chingy and Nate Dogg-featured "I Like That"  which was also featured in a McDonald's commercial. His debut album, It's Already Written, was certified gold a month after its release in August of last year.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Houston during this tragic time," said a Capitol Records spokesperson.

Edited by BacknBlackHoez

Guest MystikalityIX

That Houston stuff is stupid, guy is a fucking nutcase.

And Game's looking like Gary Coleman's long lost twin in that picture. It won't be long before the whole video gets leaked somewhere.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

10425065.jpg

Tray Dee Sentenced To 12 Years

Tray Deee(far right) , who formed the group Tha Eastsidaz with rappers Snoop Dogg and Goldie Loc, was sentenced to 12 years in prison yesterday (Feb. 2) in Long Beach, Calif., in connection with a 2003 shooting.

The rapper, whose real name is Tracy Lamar Davis, was sentenced in Superior Court after pleading no contest to shooting at an occupied vehicle, prosecutor Cynthia Barnes said. Under a plea agreement, prosecutors dropped two charges of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and one count of possession of a firearm.

Davis allegedly shot at two people in a car but nobody was injured.

Edited by BacknBlackHoez

Master P, Silkk the Shocker in Los Angeles weapons bust

FEBRUARY 1--Geez, what has the world come to when the arrest of two high-profile rappers on felony gun charges is overlooked by everyone but TSG? Master P (real name: Percy Miller) and his brother Vyshonn (rap name: Silkk the Shocker) were busted last Thursday in Los Angeles when cops discovered two handguns in a car carrying the siblings. According to a police spokesperson, the auto, driving adjacent to the UCLA campus, was pulled over because it had no license plates. During the 11:40 PM traffic stop, officers found two loaded gats in the leased Chrysler 300 and arrested the Millers (Vyshonn, 29, was driving, while Percy, 37, was in the front passenger seat). Cops saw one gun near the driver's seat and the other weapon was stashed beneath the passenger seat. Two other passengers were not charged. Hit with felony weapons possession counts, the rappers were each released on $35,000 bond after spending a few hours in the custody of the L.A. Sheriff's Department. Since the arrest report is not a public document, below you'll find booking information on the Millers (Percy is pictured at left, while Vyshonn is at right). Percy, a New Orleans native, is founder of No Limit Records and the father of pint-sized rapper Lil' Romeo, with whom he recently starred in a Nickelodeon series. Vyshonn's most recent release, 2004's "Based on a True Story," sold poorly, opening at only #88 on the Billboard charts.

source:thesmokinggun.com

50 Cent "The Massacre" album art

This hasn't been confirmed, but it matches reports from 50 himself and Sha Money about the kind of artwork the album would have.

massacrefront0ve.jpg

massacreback5dn.jpg

themassacre88pw.jpg

Note the inclusion of 'Piggy Bank' on the tracklisting, and the Candy Shop sign reading "Now Serving * Fat Joe * Jadakiss * Ja Rule"

11996.jpg

Unfortunately, this is supposedly the front cover, not the one above. Apparently Sha Money wants to use the poster as the front cover, and I hope they do.

This is another tracklist that's been posted on various boards, which contradicts the one above.

50 Cent ◊ The Massacre ◊ 2005 Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit/Interscope Records

†1 Intro (Produced by Dr. Dre)

†2 Never Let Up (Produced by Dr. Dre and Scott Scorch)

†3 Melt Down (feat. Eminem) (Produced by Eminem)

†4 Candy Shop (feat. Olivia) (Produced by Dr. Dre)

†5 You Thought (Produced by Dr. Dre)

†6 When You're Helpless (feat. The Game and Lloyd Banks) (Produced by Hi-Tek)

†7 Now and Then (Produced by Dr. Dre and Scott Scorch)

†8 Baltimore Love Thing (Produced by Q-Beats)

†9 Piggy Bank* (Produced by Needlz)

†10 Disco Inferno (Produced by Dr. Dre and Dangerous LLC)

†11 The Massacre (Produced by Eminem)

†12 Unfaithful (feat. Olivia) (Produced by Dr. Dre)

†13 How Much Respect (feat. Young Buck) (Produced by Sha Money XL)

†14 Gotta Love My Style (Produced by Needlz)

†15 Inside and Out (feat. Nate Dogg) (Produced by Hi-Tek)

†16 Pin Drop (Produced by Dr. Dre)

†17 For A Change (feat. G-Unit) (Produced by Dr. Dre and Mike Elizondo)

†18 Trivial Pursuit (feat. Eminem) (Produced by Hi-Tek)

†19 You'll See Me Around* (feat. Tony Yayo) (Produced by Sha Money XL)

†20 Glory (feat. Dr. Dre and Busta Rhymes) (Produced by Dr. Dre)

* track due to change and/or not be on retail

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Never Let Up x2 - 50 Cent

I'mma never quit, I'mma never stop, Never let up, Always be on top

***** fuck with me, I'll make your carrer stop, Never let up, Always be on top

Melt Down x2 - 50 Cent

***** are you ready for the melt down? I'mma have you bein knelt down

Prayin to the sky, I'mma never die Long as i got shady i'm ready we ready (*gunshots)

You Thought - 50 Cent

You Thought!? ***** You Thought!? (2 gun cocks) You Thought!? ***** You Thought!? (2 gun cocks) You Thought!? ***** You Thought!? (2 gun cocks) ***** you aint for this (gunshot)

When You're Helpless x2 - 50 Cent (singing)

When you're helpless what are you gon do??? I cant help but feelin sorry for you

Cuz when you're helpless i aint tryin to overthrown you but fuck you (Lloyd Banks - God Damn)

Now And Then x2 - 50 Cent

(NOW!) I'm the king of the game the massacre's comin

(BUT THEN!) I was selling crack on the streets from the cops i was runnin

(NOW!) I am what'chu wanna be

(BUT THEN!) I admit i was nothin you see

Baltimore Love Thing x2 - Woman Signing

Its a love that i cant deny, I'm tryin to quit but i just cant, why?

I realize that we all gon die, but whyyyyyy????

Piggy Bank x2 - Records scratching of 50 Cent

Put some coins into the piggy bank (scratches of other 50 Cent songs) Ya'll *****s is pussy

The Massacre - No chorus

Unfaithful - Olivia

You're just too unfaithful, i just cant trust, the way that you play me, its love not lust, but i know that i must stop, before i go, but i know that i love you, you know, i know ohhhh

How Much Respect x2 - Young Buck

How much respect do i got in the hood *****? But how much respect do u need to pull the glock trigga? So fuck you (50 - Fuck me?) Fuck you (Nah ***** not fuck me)

Gotta Love My Style - 50 Cent

You gotta love my style and the way that i spit it

Best not to fuck or ***** you gon' get it

Bang Bang like that ***** you pussy like Ja

Bang Bang like that ***** fuck what you saw

You gotta love my style and the way that i flow

Best not to fuck wit it or you'll be hittin the road

Bang Bang like that ***** you pussy as Ja

Bang Bang like that ***** fuck what you saw

Inside And Out x2 - Nate Dogg

I'm hurtin inside, outside look what you've done

I'm hurtin inside, outside i give up you've won

I just wanna see you so you can make my day

This aint no one night stand it aint about gettin laid (I think i love you)

Pin Drop x4 - 50 Cent

You can hear the sound of the pin drop, it's so quiet in the hood, u fin to get shot

For A Change - No Chorus

Trial Pursuit - Dont know this one

You'll See Me Around x2 - 50 Cent (Tony Yayo)

Go Go Go Go Go Go You gon see me around

Go Go Go Go Go Go You gon see me arounddddd (WE HERE *****)

Glory - Busta Rhymes

Glory God for grantin me the presence in my spirit

You let me show expression through my everyday lyrics

Thanks for the life, for the wife for the everyday things

Thanks for the crown, for the women, now we livin like kings

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Ex-managers blame mental illness; family says it was an accident.

Depending on who you talk to, R&B singer Houston's eye injury is the result of either mental illness, spiritual crisis or just an accident.

"Houston is going through spiritual warfare right now," Houston's bodyguard Marco Powell said. "It's

Click here to find out more!

"[Houston] showed no pain and he had no remorse. He said he had to do it. He said that that had freed him from everything. He was happy after that." — bodyguard Marco Powell

I Like That

Houston

"I Like That"

It's Already Written

(Capitol)

like good versus evil. He grew up in a Christian family, and since he's signed his record deal he's been subjected to, in his own words, 'sins and devils in the business' like drugs, alcohol and all this stuff that he's not used to. He didn't want to be around that. He just wasn't happy with management — he just wasn't happy. He didn't know which way to turn."

Powell was in London with the 21-year-old singer the night Houston's eye was gouged out and insists it was not a suicide attempt (see "R&B Singer Houston Gouges Eye Out After Apparent Suicide Attempt").

"The night of the incident, we had dinner at the hotel," Powell recalled. "After dinner, he went to his room to read the Bible. He is an avid reader of the Bible. After I finished eating, I went upstairs to check on him and I noticed blood on the floor. Houston usually has really bad nose bleeds. So I asked him, 'Are you OK? Is your nose bleeding?' He said, 'Yeah, my nose is bleeding but I'm cool. I will see you in the morning. I can't wait to get back to L.A. with my family.' He was lying on the bed with a towel over his face, so something told me it was more than [just a nose bleed]. So I walked into the room to talk to him, I pulled the towel off of his face, and that's when I saw that he had gouged his eye out.

"He showed no pain and he had no remorse," Powell added. "He said he had to do it. He said that that had freed him from everything. He was happy after that. He said he was changed and was ready to go. That symbolic statement basically freed him from all the pain he was in. He feels like he is closer to God now."

Billie Summers, Houston's sister, also says the suicide rumors are untrue.

"Houston is a Christian and he does know that if he attempted anything like that he'd be doomed," Summers said. "His managers, Reno Rankin and Andrew Rowe of On Point Productions, are no longer his managers, so they are trying to slander his name. While Houston was on the road, their contract [with him] ended and there were rumors that they were going to try and slander my brother's name. I believe they're the ones calling up the radio stations, MTV and BET and giving false info."

However, On Point's Rankin and Rowe offer a different portrait of the singer.

"Houston has a sickness," Rowe said. "There's nothing to hide. He needs to be treated so he doesn't harm himself worse than he did, or someone else."

According to Rankin, he, Rowe and a Capitol Records representative took Houston to a psychiatrist themselves while the family remained in denial. They say the singer was even treated at UCLA Medical Center prior to his trip overseas.

"In September Houston was hospitalized," Rowe said. "We had to cancel everything from October to the end of the year. He was diagnosed as schizophrenic. He was supposed to be in treatment and on medication, but we had clearance by the family and doctors to work half the time.

"He was out of control, just doing things that were off the wall — things that normal people don't do," Rowe added. "So when he went to London, we were told he blew it on the Choice FM Awards and that he was starting to regress. He was carry a Bible around and just doing things that just weren't normal."

The On Point duo said Houston's actions made them worried about sending him overseas. "Houston wanted to work like any other artist because there was money on the table," Rowe recalled, "but there was concern, and that's why I requested a doctor's note."

"Capitol was requesting him on the road to do promo over in London," Rankin said. "So Houston's family sent us a doctor's note, stating that Houston was able to work, and we took the note and faxed it over to Capitol."

While Rankin and Rowe are not sure if a lack of medication is what caused the incident, they say things quickly took a turn for the worse.

"They finally got to Dubai [in the United Arab Emirates], barely, and that's where he got real bad," Rowe said. "[Houston] wanted to hurt himself bad and he was on the brink. When he got back to England was when I finally got the call that he stabbed himself in the eye. He was so off guard that he was trying to kill himself."

Summers acknowledged that her brother was injured while overseas but called it "an accident." "He is all right and in good spirits," she said. "He's not depressed, on any medications or under any psychiatric care. He was just in surgery and he will be coming home soon, in a day or two. Everything is well."

She said he's in Los Angeles now and that she doesn't know the details of the accident.

"We haven't mentioned anything to Houston, but we're going to talk to him about what exactly happened," Summers said. "Houston would never inflict any harm on himself. He was under a lot of spiritual stress, and a lot of that pressure, I believe, came from the music industry.

"I just want everyone to pray for him. He is going through trying times. ... This is the last thing he needs," she added.

Meanwhile, Rankin and Rowe said they haven't had any direct contact with their former client since he returned to the States.

"We decided that we didn't want to continue," Rowe said. "We feel like our contract could have been extended, but that's not important. The kid needs help more than anything else. His health is our biggest concern."

The two said they're also concerned with how Houston's finances are being managed.

"We have a serious problem with the way the family is handling this kid's situation," Rowe said. "There's no reason for this kid to have no money. They passed on a publishing deal that could have helped him out right now. They got involved and we tried everything [we could], but at the end of the day, Houston was loyal to his mom. I don't have a problem with that, but they are not capable of handling a kid like that. The kid was a star. He had a great opportunity laid out, so he should have had proper housing and a nice car."

"The kid still lives where he lives when we met him — in a two-bedroom apartment with four other people," Rankin said. "They spent all the kid's money."

— Rashaun Hall

its sad about Houston, my grandad suffers from bi polar disorder but hes never attempted anything like suicide etc... btw i will have some massive news for you later. including the new g-unit r&b section of g unit records.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Master P Discusses Gun Charges & Arrest

On the eve of the release of The Truth (a new album from super-group TRU -- the No Limit clique that put New Orleans on the map), New No Limit C.E.O. Master P and his brother, Silkk The Shocker, were arrested in Los Angeles for gun possession.

Speaking out for the first time, Master P says, "Black man with gun, white cop panic. I'm a businessman. If the cops stopped panicking for one minute, they would've realized that the guns were registered, and that is legal in America."

"What did they expect me to be carrying? A can of Mace? If you really want the real story, pick up 'The Truth' on February 22nd, and my upcoming solo record, The Ghetto Bill Gates."

"Everybody knows we from the ghetto, so hopefully this will be the last time a story is made of this minor incident. It's a different way of life for a person of color with money than it is for others with money."

Didn't see this posted.

rapist.jpg

An Emmy Award winning makeup artist has filed a lawsuit against Snoop Dogg, claiming the multi-platinum rapper and several associates raped her following a January 2003 taping of ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”

According to the lawsuit, Bell “applied and removed makeup for Snoop from January 28-30, in Snoop’s dressing room in the El Capitan Theater."

Bell charges that Snoop and four others (one of which being Don 'Magic' Juan) sexually assaulted her and is seeking $25 million in damages and has named Snoop Dogg, among others as defendants.

Bell, who won an Emmy Award in 2002 for her work on HBO’s popular series “Six Feet Under,” claims that she was incapacitated after drinking what she was told was champagne in Snoop’s dressing room.

According to the lawsuit, she says the network is responsible for the rape, claming Snoop’s dressing room was stocked with large quantities of champagne and marijuana.

Bell also claims she witnessed the rapper snorting cocaine on the final night he co-hosted a show with Kimmel.

According to the complaint, Bell informed representatives at Kimmel’s show and ABC started paying her living expenses.

After those payments ceased, she received payments from Snoop directly, while their respective attorney’s attempted to negotiate a settlement.

She alleges that she needed a therapist and psychiatrist and in September of 2003, had to visit a psychiatric hospital.