The Urban Music Thread

Guest Blade

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To go back to the best rapper ever, IMO, it's Nas. Without a second thought. Lyrically he's the most relevant since Chuck D, and the beats are awesome. As good as Tupac and Biggie were, I can't help but think their deaths have glorified their work. Mine would go like this:

1. Nas

2. Chuck D

3. Biggie

4. Jay Z

5. Rakim

6. Tupac

7. Vanilla Ice

Guest BacknBlackHoez

a follow up on the 50 Cent hand cut off rumor....the only bit of it floating around the net.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) Rapper 50 Cent underwent emergency

surgery last night while doctors tried to replace his left hand. The

superstar rapper, also known as Curtis Jackson was outside of the

Glass House nightclub early Tuesday morning when the Lamborghini doors on his Escalade slammed down on his left hand. Eyewitness reports claimed that it may have been a gust of wind, but some say the

vibration from the speakers in his Cadillac may have cause the

Lamborghini door to slam shut.

Paramedics rushed Jackson to the USC Medical Center, where emergency room doctors tried to reattach Jackson's left hand. Unfortunately, the blood loss was too severe, and they were unable to salvage Jackson's hand. The operating doctor was not available for comment, but the hospital did release a statement. "Our medical staff performed beyond expectations in an attempt to prevent the loss of Curtis Jackson's hand. It's an unfortunate accident, and we hope to help Mr. Jackson through the trauma and rehabilitation," signed by the president of USC Medical Center.

Jackson's debut album, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," sold over 3 million

copies worldwide. He is signed to Eminem's Shady Record label under

the Interscope umbrella. He has a new album slated for release this

March titled, "The St. Valentine's Day Massacre." A comment from his

label was unavailable at press time.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

im not saying its true, but no official word has come down ending it or not.

Did anybody see Jimmy Kemmel when he had Game & 50 on there, Jimmy asked Game how many times he was shot, Game hesitated, and 50 threw up 5 fingers,lol.

Guest killacam2006

Recommended Songs

Mario ft Jae Hood - Let me love you (remix)

Beanie Sigel - Feel it in the air

Beanie Sigel - Truth

Shyne - More or less

Shyne - For the record (50 cent diss)

Shyne ft Ashanti - Jimmy choo

Guest BacknBlackHoez

50 Responds To Irv Gotti Arrest

Murder Inc. boss Irv ‘Gotti’ Lorenzo and his brother Christopher yesterday pleaded not guilty to money laundering charges.

Arch rival of The Inc. label, 50 Cent has been speaking out about his relationship to the label that harbours his rival Ja Rule.

50 said to AllHipHop: "I think it's sad (about) Irv Gotti's situation. He's the guy who allowed his blessings to turn into something negative. After establishing himself in the music business, he tried to become something he never had the heart to be in his neighbourhood. That's where ‘Gotti' came from. He was DJ Irv ahead of that. Anybody that's in the street is trying to get out. You can't blame anyone but Irv."

It has often been rumoured that Gotti and his gang are those who shot 50 Cent 9 times, a theory that 50 Cent has mentioned in some of his songs and lyrics. Back in 1999 Ja Rule and 50 Cent had a physical confrontation and 50 Cent was allegedly stabbed by members of Murder Inc.

This has all led Federal prosecutors to the belief that Gotti and his label are a violent organisation, an accusation that Gotti denies.

One of the charges levied at Gotti and his associates is that they are accused of helping a notorious drug dealer, Kenneth ‘Supreme’ McGriff of laundering millions of dollars of drug money through their business.

The Lorenzo brothers are currently on $1 million bails each while assets from Murder Inc are to be frozen.

Gotti said as he left court: "I grew up poor from the streets so I have friends. No way, in any way, shape or form have I done anything wrong, except make great music that the people seem to love, and that's all that I'm guilty of."

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Dirty States Of America

The Ying Yang Twins are currently working on their next album titled U.S.A. (United State Of Atlanta). The album will feature appearances and production from Timbaland, Lil Jon, DJ Smurf ,Three Six Mafia, Floetry , Mannie Fresh, Anthony Hamilton and KLC. The duo's single "Wait" which currently leaked onto mixtapes has been labeled as the album's first single.