The Urban Music Thread

Guest Blade

I highly doubt Snoop Dogg would rape anyone.

First off, doesn't he have a son? I can't imagine a dad doing that. For fucks sake, he sponsors a little leauge team.

Second, he's fucking Snoop Dogg. He probably has groupies out the fucking wazoo.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Suge Knight Arrested After Traffic Stop!

sq_suge_serio2_int_mtv.jpg

Deathrow Records CEO Marion "Suge" Knight was booked on suspicion of violating his parole after police found marijuana in his truck during a traffic stop, authorities said Sunday.

Knight was arrested about Saturday evening in Barstow and held by sheriff's officials pending his transfer next week to state prison, said sheriff's Cpl. Lorraine Riser.

State officials would then review his case to determine if he should be held or released, Riser said.

Police said they searched Knight's Ford pickup and found marijuana after pulling him over for making an unsafe U-turn. He was cited for not having insurance.

A woman in the vehicle, identified as Alexis Wilkenson, 18, of Las Vegas, allegedly had a fake ID and was arrested for investigation of providing false information to police. She was later released.

Knight, 39, co-founder of the pioneering rap label Death Row Records, was released from prison in 2001 after serving time for assault and weapons violations. He recently served an additional 10-month prison sentence for violating his parole and striking a Hollywood nightclub valet.

A call to Jonathan Wolfson, a publicist who has represented Knight, was not immediately returned Sunday morning.

Barstow is in San Bernardino County about 100 miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Notorious B.I.G.'s Brooklyn Mint To Hit Stores In 2006, Sneak Peek Of Line At Magic On Feb 14th!

BiggieSmalls.jpg

The Late Great Notorious B.I.G started a clothing line, Brooklyn Mint, in 1996, but he never got the opportunity to see his brainchild develop.  Through the tireless commitment and vision of B.I.G.'s mother Ms. Voletta Wallace and his managers Mark Pitts and WayneBarrow of Bystorm Entertainment, the Brooklyn Mint dream will finally be realized.

"It was important that we identified the right partner," said Barrow about the timing for the line.  "We had to have someone who understood our vision and passion to materialize the brand.

"The sportswear line which represents the Legacy of the rap legend will take its inspiration from the Life-Style, Culture & Diversity of Brooklyn.

The first installment will come in the way of the Brooklyn Mint T-shirts which will debut during the Magic Convention from Feb 14th to Feb 18th in Las Vegas.

Brooklyn Mint Tees will be available on March 9, 2005 and the full line will be available in 2006.

Jay-Z, a true friend to B.I.G assisted in securing the dealfor Brooklyn Mint and also granted the brand his image to be utilized on one of the first T-shirts for the line. Proceeds from the "Brooklyn's Finest" T- shirt will be donated to B.I.G's, Christopher Wallace Memorial Foundation and Jay-Z's, Shawn Carter Scholarship Foundation.

"Brooklyn Mint serves as a vehicle for the consumer to participate in the Legacy of B.I.G. while dismissing cultural boundaries and delivering new innovative standards in fashion," said its co-founders.

Just quickly glanced through this thread, and the only thing I can say really interested me was that Q-Tip got another label. Hopefully this one is more open than the last, because that Kamaal the Abstract stuff was so much better than anything on Amplified. Hell, it was on par with a lot of his early Tribe stuff. Someone brought up who is the greatest MC of all time, and I can't think of anyone who I enjoy more than him.

On to another topic, anyone hear the new Will Smith single? The production is fantastic, a huge improvement on that floater from the Men in Black 2 soundtrack. Apparently he responds to Eminem on the new album too. It's gonna be like Biggie vs Tupac for the white community! :shifty:

Anyone heard the new Green Lantern, 5 Star General?

It's not great, by his standards. Too many sub-par rappers and not enough stand-out beats. I really don't wanna hear Styles P on five tracks. Bad Man Walkin' by Akon and Team Invasion is probably my favourite track so far. The beat is awesome, Akon's hook is nice but Team Invasion are just...nothing.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

AllHipHop.com: With all this maturity going on, what’s the deal with you and 50 Cent? You said some stuff about him last summer and he’s allegedly got some stuff to say about you and Kelis on the unheard “Piggybank” song.

Nas: 50 Cent comes underneath me. We have history so he was going through some things, and he felt I was against him and I felt he was against me so words were exchanged. But, nah…I’m all good. He’s fairly a new artist. My goals are different from his goals. We’re two different kind of guys. And I think we hold it down. We both hold it down. I mean any MC…I’m not into calling names no more. I’m past that. But, if I go in, I go in. If somebody wants to call me out, you know what I bring to the table. You know my record. [Pauses] You know my record. So, I’ma go in on whoever it is.

AllHipHop.com: Whoa, you might have some “Ether” for 50? [Laughs]

Nas: [Laughs] Man, it’s just what we do. It’s the nature of the business. It’s good for the music.

Awhile ago they pushed it back in the 3rd week of january or so. But alot of the new stuff has leaked but not the whole album. BTW anyone heard the new method man album - streetlife its leaked on the net this week and ive got hold of it. also my favourite dj at the moment dj adam has released a whole mixcd and it is the hottest thing ive heard this month

Guest BacknBlackHoez

In the wake of a recent radio freestyle session by Jay-Z, Memphis Bleek and Chris of the Young Gunz, the Game said he felt disrespected and had to defend himself.

So on Thursday in London, he called them out during a concert: "Memph Bleek can

suck my ... / Beanie Sigel can suck my ... / Jay-Z can suck my ... / Roc-A-Fella can suck my ..."

On Friday night, the Game called in to Los Angeles radio station Power 106 and explained to DJ Felli Fel that he'd been getting a stream of pages and e-mails while on tour telling him members of the Roc were dissing him on New York and Philadelphia radio stations. The Game also said he had mixed emotions about Jay-Z throwing insults his way.

On the one hand, he was hurt because Jay is one of the artists he's looked up to and even studied. Game said he was confused because he didn't think he did anything to warrant a beef on wax with Hov. "Respect goes out the window when you are continuously slapped in the face," he lamented.

On the other hand, Game opined it was "big" for Jay to come out of retirement and shoot some words his way — albeit disparaging words — and that a battle could possibly help his career.

Game also divulged to Felli Fel that since his tirade onstage in England, Dr. Dre called him personally to say he'd talked to Jigga and that Jigga insisted he was not dissing Game with lines like "You saying my name to entertain your crew/ I ain't playing no games, sh--, the game's through/ You can get it broad day on Broadway while 'TRL' taping/ You playing a game you know you can't win/ Quit playing them childish games with grown men" (see "Jay-Z Denies 'The Game's Through' Freestyle Is Aimed At Game").

Jay went on Hot 97 Wednesday afternoon and said his lyrics were directed toward no one in particular. Despite the denials, Game said deep in his heart he felt dissed. He ended the conversation with Felli optimistically, saying he would soon talk to Jay himself and hopefully hash everything out.

The Compton MC said although he's eager to settle with Hov, he may have some words in store for Memphis Bleek and the Young Gunz. Bleek had previously challenged Game to a battle. The thuggish Aftermath chain-wearer accepted Memphis' challenge and offered to put up $50,000 of his own money as part of the prize.

For more on Game, check out the feature "Out Of The Shadows."

Guest santana2009

i dont think its wise for Game to go at Jay but it would be interesting for him to go at Young Gunz and Memphis Bleek. That would be some nice diss tracks i think since Bleek has stepped his game up lately and Young Gunz are nice