The Urban Music Thread

Guest Blade

Shady & Fiddy Sign U.K. Talent

Hip-hop heavyweights EMINEM and 50 CENT have signed up a British R+B duo after they were spotted singing on a Los Angeles street corner.

The STAN rapper's aides were so impressed with GRANT HARVEY's vocal skills as he sung to raise money for food, they immediately invited him to perform with his music partner DANIEL BOOKER for the hip-hop stars.

And after mesmerising Eminem and 50 Cent with their talent, TIIDA became the first signing to their new G-UNIT SOUL record label - which focuses on R+B acts.

Harvey says, "What's happened is unbelievable. I met Booker in London and we sold everything and move to LA to make it. It was hard. We were homeless for a while and even lived with a pimp! We came close to packing it in but now things are taking off thanks to 50 and Em."

Grant has already come close to scoring pop fame - he was offered a place in British boyband BLUE when they formed in 2001, but turned it down because he didn't want to be part of a manufactured group.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Blade

glad to see this thread back and i thought that story i posted waasnt true but after all this is a rumours thread as well as news and other talks. anyone got some good recommendations for me this week

Justo Faison died. For those of you that don't know, he started the Mixtape Awards in 1996. There's a news story about it up on StreetHop.com and probably AllHipHop.com too.

:(

RIP Justo Faison.

glad to see this thread back and i thought that story i posted waasnt true but after all this is a rumours thread as well as news and other talks. anyone got some good recommendations for me this week

I'm pretty sure you've heard it already, but the new Memphis Bleek single has a sick beat. Heard it in the club the other night. Swizz Beats track too. I believe it's called "It's Like That"

Yup, Late Registration...I believe it's supposed to come out this Summer/Fall.

And the DMX tracks are...well, you'd have to ask Blade. I only know of one, "Get Wild" with Jadakiss, Flashy & Kartoon, and it's gonna be on the new Ruff Ryders CD.

There was another new track from Kanye called Livin' A Movie or Livin' In A Movie which I think is off his new album.

It's also on the recent bootleg called Freshman Adjustment which has tracks left off College Dropout and the original version of All Falls Down with Lauryn Hill. UK people can buy it from HMV.

Guest Blade

The New DMX Tracks are "Pump Ya Fists" and "Baby Mother" they sound aight i got them on my mp3 player. The Advance for the late registration which has abotu 11 tracks on it is circulating the internet .

Guest N9Ne

if you like Mos Def and Talib Kweli they have some hot ass tracks out right now, and their CD is a definate buy. here is the tracklist if anyone's interested

2. Astronomy (8th Light)

3. Definition

4. RE:Definition

5. Children's Story

6. Brown Skin Lady

7. B Boys Will B Boys

8. K.O.S. (Determination)

9. Hater Players

10. Yo Yeah

11. Respiration

12. Thieves In The Night

13. Twice Inna Lifetime

all the songs are tight, and it's a break from the fake MC's....I have other stuff that I can reccomend (mainly some Dead Prez, more Talib Kweli, Common, Mos Def and some old Jay-Z stuf which is great, plus many other things)

Guest N9Ne

I like the lyrical cats in th game...not like 50 and Game and other shitty MC's....but yeah I am definatly gonna cop that Black Star album...I DLed it and it's fire...the production is damn good....anyone know is the new Common album is worth getting?

You reminded me that I need to buy some Common albums.

May 24th - Be :D

And, N9ne, I hear you. I prefer to listen to Kweli & Nas over Game, but I wouldn't call Game a shitty MC. Granted, most of his lyrics are name-dropping but he has a few lyrically good songs, great production & a nice flow.

Guest N9Ne

You reminded me that I need to buy some Common albums.

May 24th - Be :D

And, N9ne, I hear you. I prefer to listen to Kweli & Nas over Game, but I wouldn't call Game a shitty MC. Granted, most of his lyrics are name-dropping but he has a few lyrically good songs, great production & a nice flow.

Guest N9Ne

yeah your right....but people can wish right?

on another subject, does anyone even think that Bleeks album will reach 500,000? For his musical sake I hope it does, if not Jay-Z said he's going to drop him.

50 Cents album was nowhere near as bad as the internet hyped it up to be, the blind hate for anything 50 did cahnged people's views (it happened to me,) and was no where near as bad as it was said to be.

And from what I've seen, Be while good, wasn't what everyone was hyping it up to be, plus it's been circulating on the net for over a month now, I thought it was already released the number of places I've seen it around.