The Urban Music Thread

Guest Blade

Note this isn't confirmed I just read it over at CZWFans from one of the posters from SoCal...

Yeah...50 was on the radio earlier and said that game is out of G-Unit now. 50 said he wrote 6 songs on Game's album and that it's basically his EP. He also said if Dre sides with Game, he'll put out a double album (finishes his 4 album contract) and leave Shady/Aftermath. More coming..I'm trying to get the audio. There's some floating around on AHH.com though.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this posted on the CZWFans.com message board.

Yeah...50 was on the radio earlier and said that game is out of G-Unit now. 50 said he wrote 6 songs on Game's album and that it's basically his EP. He also said if Dre sides with Game, he'll put out a double album (finishes his 4 album contract) and leave Shady/Aftermath. More coming..I'm trying to get the audio. There's some floating around on AHH.com though.
Edited by senor deimos

Monday, February 28, 2005

Apparently in the upcoming March issue of Vibe Magazine, 50 Cent takes a few shots at The Game, who is signed to his G-Unit Records under Aftermath and Interscope. 50 reportedly states that Game was on the verge of getting dropped by Interscope until he signed with G-Unit. 50 also tells Vibe that Game's CD is all songs and ideas he didn't use for his own project. 50 also revealed that he and Game got into a "pushing match," because Game doesn't know "when to shut up."

And regarding The Game's appearance on the Jim Jones album on Koch Records, 50 say he wouldn't let Game affiliate himself with labels that were "beneath him" and that the only reason Game made an appearance in the Jim Jones' video is because Game "doesn't listen."

The Game on Hot 97 Saturday night denied all of the rumored accusations, and had this to say on his official forum:

”I'm signed to Dre not G-Unit. Nowhere in my contract does it say I'm signed to G-Unit, that's just my click. It was a one album deal, that was Jimmy Iovine's idea to make G-Unit stronger & also get me a lil' more exposure. 50 don't sign my checks, Jimmy Iovine does. So at the end of the day I'm "The Game" point blank. niggas gone learn to keep my name out they mouth or get smashed & that goes for everybody." It's not known whether these words came from Game himself as he often posts under the name Chuck Taylor.

Last night 50 Cent appeared on New York’s 103.9 on the Ed Lover show and called The Game a liar for denying that he was going to be dropped by Aftermath before 50 signed him to G-Unit. He pointed out that The Game was signed to Aftermath for two years and Dre did nothing with him until he signed to G-Unit. He also stated The Game has a big mouth, and often later takes back what he said and gave the Joe Budden and Bleek beefs as examples. When asked by Ed where The Game was 50 replied, “across the street, I aint fucking with him no more, and his next album won’t even push 500 thousand.”

50 then went on the reassure his loyalties to his other G-Unit members, saying they were all tight and Game was the only one who anyone had a problem with, however he said he was “a little upset with Dre” for not putting in enough work on 50’s upcoming album The Massacre. 50 says he waitied 4 months in LA for Dre to do something, and then eventually “said fuck it, and got other niggaz to produce [The Massacre].”

- Rukas aka Mike

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

"Them hoe ass ni99az security shot my lil homie. Its all bad @ the radio station." In a second post, Big Fase wrote, "He got shot 3times. He is ok. It wasn't 50 Cent security, it was one of his ni99az though. I'm holding 50 Cent responsible."

Did many people really believe Game was really in G-Unit? He's west coast and mentioned Dre (and Eazy) in his album far more than he did 50 or G-Unit.

Seriously, both Game and 50 need to shut the hell up for once. They just start beefing with everyone, now each other, and they're gonna wind up getting shot by someone who don't take shit.

Hot 97 (NYC) is currently offering a free download offer of 50 Cent's "Massacre" album. I just downloaded the program which you need to get the album, then downloaded/burned the album. More info and link @ http://www.hot97.com

Listening to it now, checkin if it's any good or not. Most reviews I've seen/heard say it sucks.

** Since the radio station was advertising the free download on air and in website, plus the Sony Connect service is offering the coupon for free download, this wouldn't classify as anything illegal. Just make sure this offer is still valid if you're gonna do it, since I think only 2500 are available. **

Edited by Lowerdeck

50 Cent wants a truce

Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson offered a truce to recently ousted G-Unit member, Jayceon "The Game" Taylor during a Hot 97 interview last night.

A week after telling Hot 97 listeners that he was dropping Game from G-Unit, Fiddy revealed that he's willing to make peace during a live interview with Angie Martinez broadcasted from an undisclosed location.

"I am allowing them the opportunity to bow out, to move forward. If me competing is making the New York Police Department feel like there is going to be violence, then I will fall back for a moment," the Queens rapper said during the interview. "I am making a conscious decision to try to be nice about this. The situation is definitely unfortunate, but I'm going to try to communicate with him. I know people think that I love trouble, but I just don't run from it."

While 50 is looking to resolve the conflict, Chuck Taylor added fuel to the fire this past weekend.

During a performance in Los Angeles, the raspy voice rapper dared his former boss to "Come and get me." Reports say that Game also called out the rest of G-Unit, Tony Yayo, Young Buck, Lloyd Banks and Olivia during the performance.

50 refused to answer Angie upon being asked what would happen if the Compton rapper opted to continue the feud. Last Monday night, Game affiliate Kevin Reed, 24, was shot in the leg during an altercation outside of Hot 97's studios. The incident took place when Game and his comrades drove back to the station after hearing 50 disrespect him and revealing that he had been dropped from the G-Unit crew. Some of 50's entourage tried to prevent Game and his squad from entering the station's building and a fight broke out; resulting in Reed being shot.

In fear of more violence, police has beefed up its presence at Hip-Hop spots since the incident and sources say 50 has been under constant surveillance since the shooting. Fiddy also said he's willing to have a sit down with Game to end the dispute.

"What he said is not enough to say I hate him," 50 offered. "It's something we can get past. It's not that crazy. I want to have a conversation with him to figure out what's going on.

SOURCE: http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=6809

I've heard the Jada and Joe tracks, but you can't seriously compare them, can you?I mean, 2 lines each compared to a whole track?

I'll wait till 50 drops a full blown diss to decide.

Anyway, hear how much 50 dropped in the first week?1.2 Mil in 4 days...damn, made Game's sales look like nothing.Take into account all thats been done bootleg, it's probably close to 2 mil.

50 & Game made up anyway, there's pics of the press conference floating about on the internet.

*runs off to listen to "Checkmate" because it's so fuckin awesome*

• 2 months later...

This topic's back....

50 Cent Avoids Jail Time in Plea Deal

Fri May 13, 1:55 PM ET

The rapper 50 Cent struck a deal with prosecutors on Friday that will help him avoid jail time for allegedly trampling two women and punching a third during a concert last year.

If the entertainer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, stays drug free for two years and follows other orders laid out by a judge, the charges will be dropped.

Jackson, 29, who lives in Farmington, Conn., entered a plea Friday in Springfield District Court to facts sufficient for a guilty finding. He had been charged with three counts of assault and battery.

Jackson left the courthouse through a back door without commenting to reporters.

The incident occurred during a surprise concert at Springfield's Hippodrome club last May, in which Jackson allegedly jumped into a crowd after someone threw or squirted water at him. Three women were injured.

After an investigation and a hearing last fall, a clerk magistrate decided there was probable cause for the charges.

Judge Robert Kumor told the rapper on Friday that he has a responsibility to be a positive role model for his 9-year-old son and his fans.

"You're a cross-cultural entertainer," the judge said. "You have an obligation to people in society."

And now, this makes 50 the only one from Farmington with a criminal record. Seriously, I'm not sure what's dumber... the crowd surfing attempt or the case brought up here. God bless Massachusetts, I love the state but the system's really shitty.