Family Guy return date set....

BlackFlagg

-News

+Mark Sunday, May 1st down on your calendars. On that night, Seth McFarlane’s Family Guy returns to Fox with all-new episodes. That same night, McFarlane’s new series American Dad will settle into its regular timeslot following Family Guy. Of course, as you likely already know, on that night Family Guy will become the only series in network television history to ever be brought back from cancellation twice. Miracles do happen sometimes folks, don’t forget that.

American Dad will premiere after a special episode of The Simpsons the night of the Super Bowl, but won’t return to the line-up until May. I’m a bit confused as to the logic in giving a show a big, splashy premiere like this and then making it disappear for 2 months, expecting people to remember it. Perhaps the Family Guy lead-in will prevent this from becoming another Futurama, but consider me cynical.

Fantastic.

The Super Bowl thing is always done like that really. Give something that really isn't done yet a spot, then wait. Making an impression, as opposed to something that can go on right away with a lot of hype. Family Guy leading up to it will get it a pretty nice boost as well. Impressed with Fox's goodness on the marketing right now.

I still can't believe that its coming back. I really can't wait either, Family Guy was one of the funniest shows I have ever seen and I cant wait to see if its up to the level it was from before.

Fantastic.

The Super Bowl thing is always done like that really. Give something that really isn't done yet a spot, then wait. Making an impression, as opposed to something that can go on right away with a lot of hype. Family Guy leading up to it will get it a pretty nice boost as well. Impressed with Fox's goodness on the marketing right now.

Wonder when the UK return is set?

It better be a 11pm timeslot, or I will be mad.

The first timeslot that comes to mind would be the 6pm slot vacated by the Simpsons however Family Guy is a little risque for that slot. If it was shown then it would probably be edited a lot which isn't good. I wouldn't be suprised if it started out on BBC3 and then moved to BBC2 on a Monday. After all Monkey Dust is more risque then FG and that was shown at 10PM. Although i'm still wondering whether it will be exclusive to the BBC or whether Sky will show it first. Sky has been showing series 3 lately so that made me think that they are maybe reminding people of the show before they show the new series. I wonder if BBC will try something similar and get the past series to try and introduce new audiences to the show.

Edited by King Ellis

I give Gail Berman all the credit in the world for renewing Arrested Development and bringing back Family Guy, but she's taken the network completely out of the big 3 picture in the time she's been in charge, not to mention sacrificing a potential ratings bonanza (The O.C.) in favour of trying to develop a Thursday presence. This looks like a typical Berman move; in other words, even more people will turn to Desperate Housewives instead.

1. Developing a Thursday presence could have been done better for Fox. Most of the fans of the O.C. now have a choice between watching the show and getting their weekly Thirsty Thursday fix. For those of you who don't know - Thirsty Thursday is basically the college student binge drinking night. And for most of the O.C. fans I know, they're gonna get drunk instead and maybe tape O.C. So dumb move by Fox.

2. Desperate Housewives and Family Guy/American Dad have two completely different target audiences. If the new F.G. season and/or A.D. flops, it won't cause D.H.'s ratings to drastically change. If anything, it would for ESPN's Sun. night football game.

1. Developing a Thursday presence could have been done better for Fox.  Most of the fans of the O.C. now have a choice between watching the show and getting their weekly Thirsty Thursday fix.  For those of you who don't know - Thirsty Thursday is basically the college student binge drinking night.  And for most of the O.C. fans I know, they're gonna get drunk instead and maybe tape O.C.  So dumb move by Fox.

Yeh, I think those are the episodes, I have already seen about 10 names for episodes from planet-familyguy.com.

Also, in UK, the new series will be exclusive to BBC as they have the rights, not Sky. They also have the rights for the first season of American Dad. So all is good, Family Guy will get national exposure over here :D