Favorite Shows That Got Cancelled

Fitzy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringmaster

I could with the stated obvious. There's Firefly, that was completely butt-raped by the monkeys over at FOX that decided to air its episodes in a non-sensical order, but I'm getting a badass movie, so I'm not complaining. . I could go with Wonderfalls, which got little to no advertising and was stuck on the time slot of death, but after reading this, I'm not too sure anymore. There's Clerks, although that would have eventually lost my attention span. There's Popular, which is a guilty pleasure of mine, although it was that awesome.

But, I choose to go with a show very few people have seen, yet it's one of the finest shows I've ever layed eyes upon.

Freaks and Geeks.

Yeah, it began in the fall of 99, so sorry Fitzy, but you're gonna have to count this in.

This is a show that could be laugh out loud funny, had the nostalgia of the 80s and could make you realize how terrible high school was and make you sympathize with the characters. It's also unbelievably well acted. James Franco, Linda Cardellini and company do a terrific job. And the awesomest soundtrack ever for a show.

But the show got the time of death. No, not Friday. Saturday. A show on a Saturday night. That is the single worst time ever. Then, of course, they aired episodes in a non-sensical order.

Then, in 2000, change of heart, they moved it to Mondays. Ratings improved steadily, but bang, NBA took over and the show was gone and was shifting around between Wenesday and Saturdays again. Then it was cancelled.

And to this day. I'm resentful. This show could have been a massive hit, with both the older crowd, for the nostalgia, the teenagers, for its realistic high school depictions, and everyone else, for the humour, the sadness, the acting, the music, for everything.

So, yeah, Freaks and Geeks, hands down, is the one show whose cancellation I resent the most, and I feel the need to get over it by watching the DVD over and over again.

Clerks: The Animated Series, Angel, Wonderfalls, and Greg the Bunny.

EDIT: Oh, I see. Angel doesn't actually count because it started at the end of 1999. But everything else DOES apply.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Guest Ringmaster

I thought The Mountain was reasonably amusing melodrama. The acting was more "charming" then "good", but what the hell else was I going to do? Read?

Watch another channel?

Or go buy the Freaks and Geeks Angel box set and show appreciation for a better show that got cancelled.