Favorite Shows That Got Cancelled

Fitzy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Titus getting decent ratings on Fox before the network flip flopped their time slot? Maybe? Maybe not... I just remember loving the show.

New season starts in a couple of weeks doesn't it?

At least I know I saw a commercial of him promoting a new season of it the other day on Fox, but then again...they could have changed their minds in an instance...so I'm not sure.

Guest Crimson Nightmare

Fastlane. Definately Fastlane. I'm still pissed that one got canceled. I LOVED that show more than anyone probably should have. Most of all, the way it ended was the most brutal part. Because we don't know what the hell happened to Van, Deaq, and most importantly of all Billie.

Honorable mentions go to:

Titus (great show)

Greg the Bunny (bought the DVD set recently. rock.)

Wanda At Large

..Hell pretty much anything 2000-early 2003 deserves a nod from me (the good stuff anyhow, not like..lame reality stuff or shows that nobody would've watched..ever)

Oh, and Home Movies. Home Movies counts too, as episodes are no longer in production.

You know what's recently amused me? They're coming out with this show called Johnny Zero. I have no problem with the show, as I have not seen it..but Fox..ooh Fox you card, you debuted a new show in the dreaded FRIDAY NIGHT DEATH SLOT. Where shows that you don't want anymore, or have "lost interest" that they were never given the time to get a decent fanbase, go to die.

Smart.

Titus is and was my television god. I had the logo as my desktop wallpaper for YEARS.

Strange, about 2 weeks after I changed it the computer crashed. Coincidence?

Andy Richter Controls The Universe was another excellent show; and it will always hold a special place in my mind, as its pilot was the show JUST before I called my now ex-girlfriend for the first time after a couple years of just knowing her online. (It also happened to be just before the first episode of the first season of 24. Damn, that was one hell of a 2-hour time slot. Titus, Richter and 24.)

3 South (MTV)

Fastlane (FOX)

Fraternity Life (MTV)

Greg The Bunny (FOX)

Happy Family (NBC)

Luis (FOX

Lyon's Den (NBC)

Playmakers (ESPN)

Push, Nevada (ABC)

Titus (FOX)

Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn (Comedy Central)

Undeclared (FOX)

I know there are a few more that I was pissed were cancelled at the time but I just can't remember them right now.

Edit: Remembered three.

Edited by something fun but not homoerotic

Family Guy, Futurama, Greg The Bunny, and:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/DvdDe...894/dvdid-3463/

Which I watched religiously when it first aired (hyuk hyuk hyuk).

Fastlane, Futurama and John Doe (FOX)

Playmakers (ESPN)

Incidentally, the people behind John Doe revealed the truth about the character:

He was basically someone who died but somehow came back to life with all sorts of knowledge that you're imparted with after you arrive in Heaven, except he had amnesia.

What year did Babylon 5: The Crusade air? Because if it was 2000 or later, I'd like to add that. Damn TNT for cancelling it, and damn the Sci-Fi Channel even more for not scooping it up!

Oh, and if FOX cancels House, M.D., I will be MEGA-pissed!!!! (Its my favorite new show)

Speaking of the Freaks and Geeks people, after Life As We Know It was cancelled, apparently they're behind the new Jennifer Love Hewitt comedy "In the Game". It might surprise us and be good, but after "Time of Your Life", do you really expect much?

I've heard something about "In The Game". Someone was supposed to star on that show, but I forgot who. I'm thinking it was Alyson Hannigan or something.

Then again, I'm probably think Sara Gilbert. I probably only remembered that because Glenn Quinn was on Roseanne, and then was on Angel.

Fucking hell I'm obsessed. <_<

My top show that I've gotta name has to be Playmakers...there wasn't a bad show of that whole first season. ESPN had a great thing on their hands...but because the NFL didn't want all that true stuff they did on that show out...they gave it the axe...I really wish that ESPN would have gave it off to another network...or somethin'...

I've also got a huge list of shows that I wish weren't cancelled, Titus on FOX and Hidden Hills on NBC I thought were pretty great.

Titus was inexcusable. That was truly the funniest and most original sitcom in years. I have no idea why that show gets cancelled after two seasons while garbage like Friends was on for 10 years. Stacy Keach was a fucking god on that show.

Even though I haven't seen Season 5 yet, whoever cancelled Angel needs to be beaten with a sack full of doorknobs. Simply no reason for it whatsoever. I'm just still worried we've seen the end of the Buffyverse.

And I know I sound like a Whedon mark, but Firefly received the biggest ass raping ever performed on a television series.

Tru Calling... pretty sure it got cancelled, curious if FOX is even gonna run the next season. FOX eats my cock.

Honestly, has FOX kept any hour-long dramas on the air more than a season besides 24 and the OC in the last few years? I seriously think they just have a room full of monkeys throwing shit at the walls to see what's going to run in what timeslot that week.