Which music acts are gonna be big this year

Right then, time for some mutual help between all of us.

Any new group you've recently seen live, or heard a single or album by then let us know!

They might have been underground for a while but are about to make the big time.

A genre might help too!

THE BRAVERY

Dunno about in the US but over here they're pretty much unheard of unless you're 'in the know' or something like that. I heard them on Jools Holland late last year. They play a very similar electro-rock style to The Killers and groups such as that, and as I believe Electro-rock is gonna be huge this year, and as The Bravery are great, I'll go for them....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bravery are going to be on the Friday Night Project next week (A comedy program kind of thing, with Jimmy Carr that started last night). Starscream (The bushy eyebrowed guy from Busted's band, I don't know their name) were on this week and they were utter shite.

To be honest I don't know, it's too early. Though I hope Against Me's new album really takes off, though their style wont be to everyone's tastes. Also with the "We're Never Going Home" DVD released at the end of last year (It's awesom. Really funny in places) I really hope they make waves (I doubt they'll go mainstream) or enough waves for a UK tour this year.

I'll add more who are more likely to make it big, when I think of them.

Edited by YI

Thought Charlie Busted was in Fightstar now? The singles not bad if you like that kind of thing.

Saw the Bravery a few months back in the Boro and they were pretty ace, should make a fair impact. More definites though are the obvious calls of Bloc Party and the Kaiser Chiefs (again both played Middlesbrough in the last few months, our music scenes acer than its ever been before) who should nail the early part of 2k5 once their albums are out, as well as Maximo Park. They have a bit of a Futureheads vibe to them, but are different enough to stand out on their own. Incidentally, they're also playing Middlesbrough this month, along with Art Brut and The Subways. Ace. Too much use of word ace.

I don't find Fightstar nearly as offensive as Busted. Heard bits from their EP, and some of it is ok.

Anyway, if all goes to plan, The fight should be pretty big by the end of the year. I saw them supporting Yellowcard at the HQ CLub in Birmingham, and the only thing holding them back is thier Dudley accents and K8's constant empty promises of streaking if people cheer for their next song.

Hopefully Roots Manuva's new album gains him a bit more comercial success, if anybody deserves a bit more praise it's him (and this is rumoured to be his last album). Kano is set to blow this year, in the vein of Dizzee Rascal or the Streets, so watch out for him (regardless of whether you like it).

I'd like to think Sikth are going to release something new, but even if they do it won't equate to mainstream success. I think 2005 is shaping up to be the year of the Killers and, for sheer column inches, Pete Doherty has exploded.

The Mars Volta:

I think they're going to fucking explode this year. I have a feeling that The Widow will get some serious airplay on MTV in the coming months, as well as radio, while the rest of the album will still appeal to the hardcore Mars Volta fans, and anyone else willing to expand their musical horizons.

Edited by Tristof

Sage Francis. I don't know why, I just got a huge feeling after listening to the two tracks that were offered on his website. It almost seems like MTV and Clearzone Channels, who Sage despises, will pick this shit up. Sage is the new RATM.

Edited by PunkRockPete

I think CKY, who are putting out a new CD probably in the Spring, are going to go huge. Most just write them off as "skate punk" or that Jackass band, but they really rock. Volume 1 and Infiltrate.Destroy.Rebuild are amazing CD's and hopefully there new CD will be just as good, maybe better!

Guest Mr McFarlane

Kou Kou and the Moonwalkers

With their 23th CD coming out, Entitled 'Rawkfish', KKatM is finally hitting their stride. With such hit songs as 'Double Dion' and 'I wish I was on the Isle of Man" KKatM are looking to conquer the world this year.

SO BUY THE CD BITCHES and look for the current single 'Clawson is a big fag' in all major music stores now.

Kou Kou and the Moonwalkers

With their 23th CD coming out, Entitled 'Rawkfish', KKatM is finally hitting their stride. With such hit songs as 'Double Dion' and 'I wish I was on the Isle of Man" KKatM are looking to conquer the world this year.

SO BUY THE CD BITCHES and look for the current single 'Clawson is a big fag' in all major music stores now.