2005 MLB Thread

Cole

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anyone watch the Blue Jays game? It's not over as we speak, but there was a very controversial call from the same umpire that called Tower's tag safe.

It was 4-2 Jays, and the Rays had two on and a hit scored the runner on 3rd. Relay to home and the runner of first was called safe. Zaun thought he had him, but all the camera angles were pretty tough to see, but Zaun did have the plate blocked with his right leg.

Anyone see it? What'd you think? Out or safe?

The first month of the season was euphoric here in Baltimore, we couldn't believe what was happening. In May we starting biting our nails as everyone got injured. In June optimism turned to pessimism. In July we cannot believe we are still in the race.

The only thing that has stayed the same is our hatred for Angelos, who is the only person standing in the way of us landing Burnett. Who we need. Bedard is amazing, and his injury will allow him to not hit a wall in August like many young pitchers. Rodrigo and Chen have their days. Cabrera has all the potential in the world and has great starts. But it seems for every great start he has a bad one also. Finally comes Ponson who will be in the bullpen as a long reliever (Or in the minors or released) the day the O's land another pitcher. If they do.

Anyway, I still have faith in the O's and think we are one good pitcher away from really contending in the AL East.

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

The first month of the season was euphoric here in Baltimore, we couldn't believe what was happening.  In May we starting biting our nails as everyone got injured.  In June optimism turned to pessimism.  In July we cannot believe we are still in the race.

The only thing that has stayed the same is our hatred for Angelos, who is the only person standing in the way of us landing Burnett.  Who we need.  Bedard is amazing, and his injury will allow him to not hit a wall in August like many young pitchers.  Rodrigo and Chen have their days.  Cabrera has all the potential in the world and has great starts.  But it seems for every great start he has a bad one also.  Finally comes Ponson who will be in the bullpen as a long reliever (Or in the minors or released) the day the O's land another pitcher.  If they do.

Anyway, I still have faith in the O's and think we are one good pitcher away from really contending in the AL East.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2114944

I fail to see how this would kill a three-way at all really. Unless Nevin's salary screwed it up. In fact, that might be the case. The plan was to send Ponson to Tampa and free up some salary to have room for Lowell. Nevin can always be shopped around to free up salary room however. More people I'd think would want him than Ponson anyway.

Phil Nevin rejected the trade to the O's. That deal didn't make any sense anyways. 5 days until the deadline hopefully Adam Dunn ends up on the Dodgers. Wishful thinking I guess. Still only 5 games out in the division though, and D-Lowe pitched crazy good yesterday. Hopefully Schmoll stays up with the big club as well.

The O's won! I don't know what's more astounding, the fact we are 3.5 back despite our recent futility or the fact we are 3.5 back given the way we WERE playing in April.

In other news.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2117345

I really hope he's alright. It's never good when that happens to someone.

Very possible, it seems that with Bonds more than likely to be out until next season, why bother keeping Schmidt (and I have no idea how to spell his last name) around on a loser team when you can deal him somewhere he can win?

Plus I heard that Manny wants out of Boston...:shifty: Yeah right.

How desperate are the Yankees for pitching?  First they picked up Hideo Nomo off waivers from the D-Rays and now they have traded for Colorado's Shawn Chacon, who is 0-7 in his last 10 starts.  Way to be Yanks!!!!

They can have Sidney Ponson. Don't even bother giving us something in return, just take him. Please!

Man, Scott Downs had better put in 7-8 innings today, because after 28 innings in 2 games, the Jays bullpen is going to be decimated. The only guy who didn't see action yesterday was Brandon League, and even a fully rested League isn't someone I want to bring in.

How desperate are the Yankees for pitching?  First they picked up Hideo Nomo off waivers from the D-Rays and now they have traded for Colorado's Shawn Chacon, who is 0-7 in his last 10 starts.  Way to be Yanks!!!!

Yeah, they are really reeling right about now. With how messed up their pitching has been this season, they are lucky to still be competing. They now have a rotation of Johnson-Mussina-Leiter-Nomo-Chacon I believe? Compare that to Johnson-Pavano-Mussina-Wright-Brown at the beginning of the season. Its been a disaster this season