2005 MLB Thread

Cole

I'd love to see the Mets make the playoffs. I think they'd have a decent shot at the Cardinals especially with Rolen out for the season, and Sanders and Walker not really providing much pop. I don't trust Carpenter or Morris in a big spot, and Pedro could win 2 games for us in a short series.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After the Jays recent sluggish road trip, the news wasn't any better.

Roy Halladay will miss the rest of the season. :'(

I'm not giving up hope because I never will, but things aren't looking good. Hopefully Lilly can return and give them a few good starts to give them a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone that I think that should atleast get consideration for the Cy Young in the AL would have to be Cliff Lee for the Indians. It is semi-biased on my part but if you take a look at his numbers you could see why he should atleast be getting some consideration for it. He is 15-4 and won the last 6 starts, I am also pretty sure he has yet to lost since the all star break. His ERA isnt to bad at 3.72 and he is one of the reason that the Indians are going strong right now. Mind you I am not saying he should be the favorite for it but I think he is getting little talk about it right now.

I watching the AL wild card closely and it will likely come down to the last few game if not the last IMO. If Oakland loses the series to the Red Sox over the next couple of days they could be close to being out of contention since the Indians and Yankees havent been losing alot recently. The Indians still got 6 more games against the Kansas City Royals which they can hopefully sweep atleast one and win both which would be key down the strech. Although it is more of a long shot Cleveland is only 5 games back of the White Sox and they still got 6 more games against them, anything could happen. And the only reason I say just 5 games back is because at one time they were around 15 back not that long ago.

If the Indians overtake the White Sox I can guarantee ESPN will be calling it the "Greatest collapse in sports history."

I think the Tribe will overtake the ChiSox though. Hell, the Indians could win the AL with the way they are playing right now. They look very much like the 03 Marlins.

Guest JoeyMadDogg

I'll think it'll be the best thing in baseball this year, if the Indians take over the AL Central Division. I can see them doing with, as someone mentioned earlier, them starting a series Monday plus they have another 3 game series later this month, so look for the Indians to take over, if not look for them to win the Wild Card over the Yankees, F**king hate the Yanks, and then the Indians go up against the Angels, then the Indians winning that and then taking Red Sox to 7 and then Sox winning it and going to the Series to face the Braves and the Braves winning it all. I'm a big BOSOX and BRAVES fan, I'm pretty sure you can tell. :)

Yet another HR for Barry Bonds. His first at RFK so add another stadium to the list. I was reading somewhere last week that he's hit homers off of like 425 different pitchers or someting like that.

David Ortiz with 2 more HRs tonight. Give this man the MVP. 44 HRs now and 140 RBIs

It'll go to either Big Papi or A-Rod. Whoever wins the AL East I think. And I think it'll be the Bosox winning the AL East since they end the season in Fenway, where they are nearly unbeatable.

Wow, the Rockies put a HURTING on the Padres last night 20-1. The ever so comical moment of a position player occured and grew even funnier as Matt Holliday hit an absolute bomb off of Sean Burroughs. Reading the box score of this game prompted me to watch the highlights. The fucking highlight package was almost 3 minutes long. It was that much of a beatdown.