2005 MLB Thread

Cole

Guest JoeyMadDogg

Ladies and gentlemen, the Yankees are now in first. For the first time since April. I don't see them holding it long, the Bosox end the season in Fenway.

yeah, I agree. I still see Boston as division champs but the Indians should choke the Wild Card lead.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not sure how they are going to make it right now but I think the Indians will make it some how. They got three games which they could possibly sweep against the Royals then they should atleast take 2/3 from the Devils Rays hopefully. If that works out and they are less then 3 games back of the White Sox coming into the season ending series it will be a very fun series to watch. Other then the win over Cleveland on Tuesday the White Sox have been strugling so it may be possible that they lose a couple and are on the outside with 2 teams making it from the AL East.

With the recent play of Travis Hafner for the Indians I wonder where he would be compared to where he is right. When he got plunked in the face by Buhrle and was out for a couple weeks and was slow getting back he lost the steam he had for a bit. He had been the AL player of the month and was the Player of the Week going into the day he got hit in the face. He is on fire right now and will likely end the season on a strong note. I only wish he could have played those games cause he would likely be right in the middle of the mvp race if he had played, all of his totals would likely be a bit higher.

All four teams in the AL fighting for a playoff spot lose, just means we are in the same place we were yesterday just a day farther on the calander. The Indians can secure the WC for sure if they were to win 4 of next 5 since one of the AL East teams has to lose, all I know is it will likely come down to the last game of the season to detirme the Playoffs in the AL.

I know the Braves actually won a championship during this run, but I think they're bigger choke artists than the Bills were when they lost 4 straight Super Bowls. Assuming the Braves won't win it again this year that's only 1 title out of 14 tries, while the Yankees won 4 and FLORIDA and TORONTO won 2 each during that same time frame. The Braves should've had at least 3 or 4 given that they had 3 HOF pitchers in their starting rotation and a stud in the 4th spot more often than not.

The indians season is officially over, now that they lost 1-0 at home to TB and the series to TB. We had a nice run, but i guess this team isn't playoff calibar

You seem to forget the Sox and Yanks end the season against one another. If one team sweeps and the Tribe win one more, guess what, you guys are in the playoffs.

Don't get discouraged. Remember the 2004 ALCS.

It may not be a good time to lose a couple in a row but it isnt like they are playing terrible and getting blown out. The offense has been haveing a little trouble getting going the past few games and if they can pick it up then they will win atleast 3 of 4. With Bostons loss also they Indians are still tied for the WC lead so they are alright for now.

I gotta give the Mets credit for the way they're finishing the year off. Great game all around tonight. David Wright is gonna be a sight to see for years at Shea. Him, Reyes and Beltran should be regulars at 1-2-3 in the Mets order for years to come. The Mets should bring Piazza back next year. I'm sure he'll take a lot less money but the guy's done his part this year for them. Just look at catchers around the league.....who exactly is gonna give you that much production? Castro is the perfect backup for him and I don't think any catching tandem in baseball has been as good this year. Matsui probably will be the opening day 2B next year which isn't all bad. He definitely can hit but I'm not sure Minaya is gonna take the chance on it for next year. Is Jacobs a everyday 1B? We'll have to wait and see but I've definitely liked what I've seen so far. Billy Wagner probably will be the closer in NY next year but does Looper take 2-3 million to be the 8th inning guy? I like the rotation a lot. Pedro, Glavine, Benson, Heilman should definitely have 4 slots reserved for them. I'd probably trade Seo and Trachsel. Overbay anyone? The guy I want to see play 1B at Shea next year is Nick Johnson....but I doubt the Nationals have any interest in trading him to the Mets.

Someone tell me Why I just made that long of a post on the Mets? :shifty:

Back to pennant race......Javy Lopez is a friggin retard. O's are mounting a rally......3-1 count and the guy pops up on a potential ball 4. That combined with Tejada's at bat earlier in the inning left me pissed off. The Red Sox are tied with the Jays right now and they better win tonight. All in all it's gonna be one crazy weekend.