2005 MLB Thread

Cole

Though I am not fond of either team, this White Sox/Yankees series was a very good one. The Sox took out Rivera today in his second inning of work for the first run he's given up in like 3 months. All one run games and the White Sox showed good resilience even though they have a rough stretch with the Red Sox, Twins, and the Yankees again on the schedule over the next 15 or so.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

crazy stuff. Some kid fell off the upper deck at Yankee stadium but got caught in the netting they have behind homeplate to protect fans from foul balls. That netting saved the man's life.

He jumped on a dare by his friends. Police might be looking for him now, even though they said where he's from on the TV.

Kids from Westchester County. What will they do next?

Hold on, Scott Downs with an ace performance today? I'd have never known he had it in him. Jays needed to take 3 of 4 from the Tigers and they did. Now it's time to take 2 of 3 from the O's if they're to stay in playoff contention. Tommorow is the start of a 13 game, 14 day road trip that could make or break the season.

crazy stuff. Some kid fell off the upper deck at Yankee stadium but got caught in the netting they have behind homeplate to protect fans from foul balls. That netting saved the man's life.

He jumped on a dare by his friends. Police might be looking for him now, even though they said where he's from on the TV.

Kids from Westchester County. What will they do next?

Edited by sahyder1

I heard Michael Kay(e?) say that Cameron broke his nose and had multiple fractures to each of his cheekbones. That sounds like his season is over for sure, which sucks because the Mets can't really afford to lose a bat at this point. I guess when all is said and done though, he's fortunate that he didn't break his neck.

I heard Michael Kay(e?) say that Cameron broke his nose and had multiple fractures to each of his cheekbones. That sounds like his season is over for sure, which sucks because the Mets can't really afford to lose a bat at this point. I guess when all is said and done though, he's fortunate that he didn't break his neck.

Cammy! :(

The Mets playoff hopes just took a major hit on that. In the time he's been back, I believe Cameron has been one of our better players. If there's one positive to be brought out of this, it's the fact that we'll get to see more of Victor Diaz. That kid is something special, and I'm glad that he's back in the Majors, even at the expense of Cammy.

Hold on, Scott Downs with an ace performance today? I'd have never known he had it in him. Jays needed to take 3 of 4 from the Tigers and they did. Now it's time to take 2 of 3 from the O's if they're to stay in playoff contention. Tommorow is the start of a 13 game, 14 day road trip that could make or break the season.

Anyone want to fill me in on the ending of the Angels/A's game. I saw like 5 seconds of the end and the only part I saw was F-Rod sitting on the ground behind the mound...

And, I just saw the Cameron/Beltran collision, it wasn't as bad as I expected but it was bad enough to send Mikey away :(

Not good, at all.

The end of the A's-Angels game:

Jason Kendall is at third base, Bobby Crosby is at first, and Eric Chavez is at the plate. There are two outs.

K-Rod throws a curve away to Chavez that is called a ball by the umpire, Crosby takes second base on defensive indifference.

K-Rod stands on the mound and glares at the ump, thinking the pitch should have been called a strike.

Catcher Molina throws the ball back to Rodriguez, but Rodriguez is still glaring at the umpire and makes a lackluster attempt to catch the ball from Molina. The ball gets past Rodriguez, and Kendall dashes for the plate, and beats Rodriguez's throw home.

So the Jays take 2 of 3 from the Orioles, which is a positive start to the big road trip. The biggest series of all starts tommorow of course, with the Jays going up against the current wild card holders in a chance to pick up as many as 3 games against the Angels, which is obviously no small matter. Ervin Santana vs. Gustavo Chacin; we've got to get it done in this one.

Mariano blowing a game against the D-Rays is great. Damn have the Rays owned the Yanks this year or what. Same with Eduardo Perez. His 2nd multi HR game against the Yanks this year.

I can't believe the Angels blew another 9th inning lead against the Jays.

Twins/White Sox in the 15th right now.

Nice win for the Dodgers last night. Taking 2 out of 3 from Atlanta in Atlanta is big seeing how San Diego continues to lose almost as often as the Royals. Wow, whoever thought that a team 10 games under .500 would be only 4 games out of first come August? Pretty sad.

I am surprised to say the least that the Indians are still hanging around at the top of the wild card. They could be the team that may be able to sneak into the wild card, altough right now they would still have to get above to good teams to get it. I have got to say that they are pretty streaky and right now they are on a good streak and are only a game or 2 out of the wild card and are just behind the Yanks. Pehralta is tearing it up he could soon be one of the top hitting SS in the league if he countiues to play like he has been for the past few months.

The Orioles are hanging around, despite our loss today, if we can continue to sweep teams and win series against Wild Card competition we might, by some act of god, make the postseason.

But I'll take a winning season myself. Playoffs can wait until the next year or two when our pitching is better developed.

Mets to the playoffs anybody? Demolishing the D-Backs for the 2nd night in a row

I'm still banking on the Marlins. But the Mets can do it just as easily. It WON'T be the Nats though. I'm willing to say that much.

The Giants are apparently printing off playoff tickets. Why? Well, they are in the race since they play in the NL West. I'm almost certain the winner of that division will be below .500.