Champions League Today :-)

Wow...I never thought I'd hear anyone say Barcelona played well, let alone brilliantly.

C'mon dude, are you blind? Or just an Arsenal fanboy? :P

Well, considering they totally dominated/out-played/out-classed Chelsea, apparently the best team in England from whistle to whistle, yup, I'd say they were brilliant.

They made one error in the whole game, and that was the goal. Chelsea defended with everything they had, and I'll give them credit for only losing 2-1, but seriously, they were TOTALLY outclassed. And before you say anything, Chelsea were out-classed before AND after Drogba was (wrongfully) red carded.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...I never thought I'd hear anyone say Barcelona played well, let alone brilliantly.

C'mon dude, are you blind? Or just an Arsenal fanboy? :P

Well, considering they totally dominated/out-played/out-classed Chelsea, apparently the best team in England from whistle to whistle, yup, I'd say they were brilliant.

They made one error in the whole game, and that was the goal. Chelsea defended with everything they had, and I'll give them credit for only losing 2-1, but seriously, they were TOTALLY outclassed. And before you say anything, Chelsea were out-classed before AND after Drogba was (wrongfully) red carded.

Any team that treats a football pitch like a swimming pool is never "brilliant".

It's easy to dominate a team when you ignore the rules of the game.

Lol, ah...dearly beloved Deco...he'll be on Platoon on Soccer AM Saturday won't he? That was hilarious though.

Anyway, that was the only real one. Don't forget Drogba man...

The Chelsea game was kind of dull.

I mean it was them attacking for 90 minutes with Chelsea having everyone bar a foward behind the ball, and that is what it was for the whole game.

Like I said, I will be VERY suprised if Barca don't go on to win it, they are exceptional.

Johnny Perfect, in case you read this, this is what i don't like, hell, it's what i hate about italian football... Inter plays with 8 man behind the ball all the time. They don't even make any pressure on the man that brings the ball. They just stand there in front of their area, deflecting all shots to corners, and once every 10 minutes send a long ball upfront to that couple 100 metre dash runners, called Adriano and Martins. If Porto wasn't a shadow of what it was in the past couple of seasons, instead of just winning corners and ball possession, it would happen to them the same that happened to Lazio a couple years ago which was taking 4 goals and they could call themselves lucky for that. As Porto isn't the team it was and Inter are slightly better than what Lazio was, the favourites to go through are obviously Inter.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

So bias.

The goal wasn't lucky, either. If the defender wasn't there, Cole was knocking it in. Either way, it was hitting the net.

And okay, you love how the fans are gutted, you realize, it's not all over for them, and they still have a good chance? You realize, the sending off DID cause them to lose? They had to change their style of play, and were overwhelmed when a man down.

The sending off made them lose? You talk shit I'm afraid. Saying that is basically saying they were going to win. Sending off or not, Barcelona were at home and they'd be doing everything to walk away with the win, so you cant say Chelsea only lost because of the sending off. Mainly because even with eleven men, Barcelona were the better team.

Oh as for the goal, Andy Gray said it right, Cole may not have even got there or so Gray reckoned. Who said Cole wouldn't have missed? Oh shit, I forgot, you're Mystic Meg afterall :shifty:

Not that I care either way, they lost and will need to perform as good as they ever have to win this one. Barcelona are probably the best team in the world right now, so they'll need to be having a shit game to lose this entire game.

:)

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Well, Chelsea were totally outplayed in the game, I admit that, but their play struck a resemblance to the play we saw Porto played in the CL last season. They were very defensive, soaked up the pressure, got long balls to Deco at the other end, and let him try and create something. And I had a feeling during the match that, even though we were outplayed, we have a 1-goal lead, and we could at least take a 1-1 draw back to Stamford Bridge. That is, until the sending off of Drogba.

Chelsea to file Barca complaint

Chelsea have revealed they are to make a formal complaint to Uefa after an incident at half time during their clash with Barcelona.

The Blues did not send a representative from their coaching staff to attend the post-match press conference after their defeat at Camp Nou, and instead released a statement.

"First of all our apologies that there are no members of the Chelsea management team or players talking after this game," stated spokesperson Simon Greenberg.

"We will be submitting an official complaint to UEFA about an incident that occurred at half time. That's all I can say."

It is believed that The Blues were left incensed by contact between Barcelona boss Frank Rijkaard and referee Anders Frisk as the two teams headed up the tunnel at half time.

Undoubtedly Chelsea were far from happy with Frisk's subsequent decision to send Didier Drogba off in the second period, but the exact nature of their complaint is sure to come to light in the near future.

Edited by G-O-D

Well, Chelsea were totally outplayed in the game, I admit that, but their play struck a resemblance to the play we saw Porto played in the CL last season. They were very defensive, soaked up the pressure, got long balls to Deco at the other end, and let him try and create something. And I had a feeling during the match that, even though we were outplayed, we have a 1-goal lead, and we could at least take a 1-1 draw back to Stamford Bridge. That is, until the sending off of Drogba.

The sending off made them lose? You talk shit I'm afraid. Saying that is basically saying they were going to win. Sending off or not, Barcelona were at home and they'd be doing everything to walk away with the win, so you cant say Chelsea only lost because of the sending off. Mainly because even with eleven men, Barcelona were the better team.

Oh as for the goal, Andy Gray said it right, Cole may not have even got there or so Gray reckoned. Who said Cole wouldn't have missed? Oh shit, I forgot, you're Mystic Meg afterall  :shifty:

Not that I care either way, they lost and will need to perform as good as they ever have to win this one. Barcelona are probably the best team in the world right now, so they'll need to be having a shit game to lose this entire game.

You really do come across as a twat.

And yes, the sending off had an effect on the game. I never once claimed Chelsea played better, or that they deserved to win. I also never claimed I wanted either team, I'm talking as a neutral. I believe the sending off changed the game drasticly, and it's quite obvious it did. How do you know Chelsea would have lost with 11 men? Oh wait, you're Mystic Meg after all.

Fuck Andy Gray for being a prick too. So what, they sent off Drogba. Does that mean Chelsea wouldn't have lost if he didn't get sent off? Nope.

Andy Gray said it right, Cole may not have even got there or so Gray reckoned.

So he's a prick for one thing, but right for another. He's only doing what everyone else does states his opinion. Who's to say Cole wouldn't have knocked it in? Who's to say he would have missed? Maybe if Drogba was on, he would of scored, who's to say he wouldn't? Oh wait, sorry, you're Mystic fucking Meg.

You obviously care.

Edited by Summers

I still think we'll go through. We've got the vital away goal, and at home we can beat anyone on our day.

Bergkamp will be back, and two goals against Bayern Munich is likely. However, keeping a clean sheet against them without Campbell (apparently he might miss the return leg as well :() could be difficult/impossible.

On the subject of the Chelsea/Barca game, I really think that the game would've finished 2-1 had Drogba stayed on the pitch anyway. Like I've said before, they had no attacking threat except for the two chances in the first-half, but other than that they were unimpressive. Although if Drogba did stay on, they would've at least had a chance.

I think if Robben is back for the second leg, Chelsea will go through.

Oh as for the goal, Andy Gray said it right, Cole may not have even got there or so Gray reckoned. Who said Cole wouldn't have missed? Oh shit, I forgot, you're Mystic Meg afterall  :shifty:

And yes, the sending off had an effect on the game. I never once claimed Chelsea played better, or that they deserved to win. I also never claimed I wanted either team, I'm talking as a neutral. I believe the sending off changed the game drasticly, and it's quite obvious it did. How do you know Chelsea would have lost with 11 men? Oh wait, you're Mystic Meg after all.

Fuck Andy Gray for being a prick too. So what, they sent off Drogba. Does that mean Chelsea wouldn't have lost if he didn't get sent off? Nope.

Me saying you're coming across as a twat isn't a personal insult, If I said, you're a twat, it would be. I know you're a twat, I think you're a good poster, and I generally think you're a cool guy. But, I just said you're coming across as one.

And sorry for thinking that EWB is allowed to have perhaps some serious posts, when it comes to opinions. Let me get back into EWB mose.

rofl, you're so gay. penispenispenis. Clearly your only option is all your base touch yourself one stop closer to the hedge.

Edited by Summers

Andy Gray said it right, Cole may not have even got there or so Gray reckoned.

I love the Champions League. The Kop on a European night > *

Biscan, Carra and Riise were immense. It's a shame that the night ended on a bit of a downer though because it was close to perfect at 3-0.

I reckon we'll get chances in Germany. If we manage to score first, we should be fine. If we concede, it'll be a nervous night, but I think we'll be alright with Ste Gerrard back.

Dudek makes me cry sometimes.