Bands that broke up or vanished too early

Enter Blue Guy

For me, my main one is Moist, a Canadian band that enjoyed a fair amount of popularity up North in their prime during the mid to late mid 90's (somebody from Canada back me up on this). I thought they were very talented and had a lot of kickass songs like Silver, Push, Leave it Alone, and Resurrection to name a few. They lost steam after the success of their second album, Creature (which I own) and then lead singer David Usher went on to do solo work, which was ok but not half as good as Moist was. It didn't have the edge or that kinda borderline dark feel that Moist had. Shame they left us so early, because they were one of my favorites.

Now you go...

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Violent Delight and Fallen To were both pretty crappy IMO.

earthtone9 I guess were one of the only bands that I think finished too early.

I also agree with IWC...RATM went out at the top, so it's not that bad really, as they probably would have just sucked by now, as do most bands that try and keep it going when they've "lost" it.

i seem to be the only person that loved the New Radicals album, everyone elth ljust loved the one singel they had, i so loved that album back in the day :( . . . say you can´t make good pop :(

I forgot about the New Radicals. They were really good, but then the lead singer didn't like doing it, so he's now a producer, doing songs for such people as Ronan Keating.

I'll add them to my list.

Violent Delight

Heh, the lead singer works in HMV in Barnet, I think.

One Minute Silence broke up too soon, I reckon. The first two albums were fantastico, I havent heard the third one. I should get around to it really.

Violent Delight

Heh, the lead singer works in HMV in Barnet, I think.

One Minute Silence broke up too soon, I reckon. The first two albums were fantastico, I havent heard the third one. I should get around to it really.

Yeah, I liked OMS, they were very good, if not a little bit too much like RATM-lite.

THe singles I'd heard from the 3rd album were awesome though.

Brujeria! Although the line-up was pretty fluid, with Dino leaving Fear Factory, Brujeria was pretty much killed, it wouldnt be the same without Raymond (from FF) on drums, that and Dino has apparently 'quit' his own band :P A really cool, unique band, Brujeria is one of the death metal bands i never get tired of.

Something i lifted from the BNR metal pages (awesome site): http://www.bnrmetal.com/

As the legend goes, Brujeria is an extreme underground band, consisting of various Mexican drug lords and/or murderers, who are so notorious that they must keep their identities unknown as they release albums. A great story, but of course it's not the truth. In actuality Brujeria is a side project led by Dino Cazares of Fear Factory. Exactly who has recorded here on which albums isn't quite clear (the pseudonyms listed below may not match up to the real names), but the core of the band, at least at one time, consisted of Cazares, Billy Gould (ex-Faith No More), Raymond Herrera (also of Fear Factory), Shane Embury (Napalm Death), and Pat Hoed from the punk band Down By Law, though the current lineup no longer features Herrera or Gould, but does involve Nick Barker (Dimmu Borgir). With three bass players in the mix, one might expect a lower-end sound, and that's exactly what Brujeria is all about -- dirty, down-tuned, grungy death metal, with lyrics sung entirely in Spanish (and not very friendly lyrics at that, as anyone with just passing familiarity with Spanish curse words can attest). Quite cool, actually. They aren't without a sense of humor either -- who else could record a death metal version of the Macarena and call it "Marijuana"? Brujeria is an ongoing project, as their two most well-known albums were done in the early nineties and a third, Brujerizmo, released in 2000.

2/12/05: Despite being the founder and leader of the band, Dino Cazares announced that he has quit the group to focus on a new project with drummer Nick Barker (who, according to Cazares, is also no longer in Brujeria). It is unclear whether the band will continue.

-----

Brujeria and Nail Bomb, which was a side project headed up by Alex Newport & Max Cavalera (Sepultura/Soulfy)

"Nailbomb was a short-term collaboration between Alex Newport (then in Fudge Tunnel, now in Theory Of Ruin) and Max Cavalera (then in Sepultura, now in Soulfly), with the results being more or less what one might expect, that being a sludge/thrash combination (more often resembling Fudge Tunnel) with the occasional drum machine and sample that might remind one of Ministry or Godflesh. They released one studio album and then a mostly live album before officially discontinuing the project."

Brujeria moreso than Nail Bomb, since the Cavalera is so far from where he was in 94 that he'll never be making music like that again, Brujeria on the other hand, could get it back together (without raymond), although i think Dinos side-project (of a side-project) will end up with a similar sound anyway...

For me, it's The Philosopher Kings, another Canadian band. That Jarvis Church shit was awful.

IIRC, didn't he wear a dress in one their music videos?

And didn't two members of The Philosopher Kings go on to form Prozak?

I own the Prozak CD. I am not very proud of it, but we were all impressionable kids once.

I'd go with I Mother Earth. And not that shit nu-metal version we heard last year. I am talking about Edwin fronted. They came around the same type as Moist [another great band] and were tearing the shit out of the Canadian alt-scene. Than Edwin left and it all went too shit for both parties.