Bands that broke up or vanished too early

Enter Blue Guy

At The Drive-In.

They were just getting popular when they broke up. Relationship Of Command was going to put them in the mainstream, but I guess I can see why Omar & Cedric left. If band members aren't happy and aren't feeling the band anymore, why stay?

I'm kinda torn on this, since I would have loved to see ATDI get really popular and become huge, but then again, I got The Mars Volta out of it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cashmiesta

I don't know what happened to an american punk band called The Assorted Jelly Beans, the last I heard of them, they was on Tony Hawks Underground soundtrack singing rebel yell.

Damn if I can get that song

Mitch

I own the Prozak CD. I am not very proud of it, but we were all impressionable kids once.

I'd go with I Mother Earth. And not that shit nu-metal version we heard last year. I am talking about Edwin fronted. They came around the same type as Moist [another great band] and were tearing the shit out of the Canadian alt-scene. Than Edwin left and it all went too shit for both parties.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

I own the Prozak CD. I am not very proud of it, but we were all impressionable kids once.

I'd go with I Mother Earth. And not that shit nu-metal version we heard last year. I am talking about Edwin fronted. They came around the same type as Moist [another great band] and were tearing the shit out of the Canadian alt-scene. Than Edwin left and it all went too shit for both parties.

And NOBODY who watched Much Music while Prozzak got airplay can say they didn't have a small soft spot for them.

Anyway, my pick would have to be Alien Ant Farm. Did they break up, because I haven't heard shit about them in ages.

AAF are still together. Matter of fact, pick up The Punisher for your home video game system...they contributed a song to the soundtrack.

I'm sorry, but they could have done a LIT better than Chris Cornell.

Billy...you know better than that.

Anyway, my pick would have to be Alien Ant Farm. Did they break up, because I haven't heard shit about them in ages.

AAF are still together. Matter of fact, pick up The Punisher for your home video game system...they contributed a song to the soundtrack.

I'm sorry, but they could have done a LIT better than Chris Cornell.

Billy...you know better than that.

Yeah, I was going to point out that I was expecting a big Cornell/Audioslave/Soundgarden fan backlash. Personally, I love Cornell, and Cornell > De La Rocha (not that you can really compare, as Rocha is more of a rapper), so getting Cornell to work with them was a stroke of good luck in my opinion.

Violent Delight

One Minute Silence broke up too soon, I reckon. The first two albums were fantastico, I havent heard the third one. I should get around to it really.

What? They made three albums? What's the name of the third one? I have Buy Now, Save Later and Available In All Colors... What would be the third one?

Oh, and I agree, One Minute Silence disbanded way too early. They canceled an appearance in Finland in 2001, which made me kinda sad because I would have loved to go see them live. As for others, I think Refused should have enjoyed more time in existence.

The 3rd album was called "One Lie Fits All", and had at least 2 singles (one called "Revolution" that owned, and "I Wear My Skin", which I never heard)