MCR To Cover Queen & Bowie

tristy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be an MCR fan.  USED to be.  Because this is the final straw.

Do you realize how lame that sounds? You're gonna start hating a band because they're covering a song and donating a portion of the profits to charity? Yes, fuck those fucking fuckers.

Indeed.

I never much got into MCR. The Used are meh. Still butchering classics should be an offense punishable by death.

Anybody insulting Ice will die.

He is the shit, if only for my brother writing backwards and from bottom right to top left a quote from one of his songs in his yearbook.

Sorry about the spelling last post, but yeah, it should be interesting to hear, even if it's not that good. I like both bands, I don't see how it's going to work though. MCR singer and guitarist, drummer and bassist from the Used? Or a verse each? Guess we'll see soon. And it's in the interests of charity, and I think it's an unwritten law that charity records must suck :P

Anyone else like me and not really think Under Pressure is a classic?

Wow, they havent even released it and you hate it :P I dont like MCR or Used, I am a fan of Queen, but I am still gonna wait until the song actually reaches my ears before I decide on it. It MIGHT be good, it MIGHT be bad.

I guess I'm totally against the grain here, because I like the Used and am underwhelmed with MCR. Still, no one should be trying to cover Queen and Bowie, because they're just going to fall flat on their faces. The fact that it's for a charity of some sort is a bright spot though.

I saw them do it live recently, it sounds fine and it isn't taking the integrity of the song down at all. Only on EWB will you have people bitch about bands that are taking their power and status and using it to for charity. Only here do we have people who will look at that story and say, wow they are inhuman because they are covering a classic song instead of thinking wow, what a great way to generate some cash for some people who need it. What a great way to HELP people.

Edited by The Grifter

I saw them do it live recently, it sounds fine and it isn't taking the integrity of the song down at all. Only on EWB will you have people bitch about bands that are taking their power and status and using it to for charity. Only here do we have people who will look at that story and say, wow they are inhuman because they are covering a classic song instead of thinking wow, what a great way to generate some cash for some people who need it. What a great way to HELP people.

FUCK THOSE OPINIONATED BASTARDS RIGHT IN THEIR ASSES.

YEAH.

CONFORM PEOPLE, CONFORM.

Wow, so since we voice an opinion about two average bands covering a brilliant song by too of the best artists in the last couple of decades, we are somehow call us "elitist fucks." This would be like Nickelback saying, "maybe we should do a cover of Stairway To Heaven"... and how shitty would that be?

Lets just erase all debate threads and agree with each other.

They do it at the end of their 2 Dollar Bill live show on MTV 2.

Sounded fine, proving once again that Bert McCracken can sing quite well without screaming. They didn't Screamo-ize it or anything either and I'd love to hear a studio version

Wow, so since we voice an opinion about two average bands covering a brilliant song by too of the best artists in the last couple of decades, we are somehow call us "elitist fucks." This would be like Nickelback saying, "maybe we should do a cover of Stairway To Heaven"... and  how shitty would that be?

Lets just erase all debate threads and agree with each other.

Edited by Livid