Civilization III

Benji

Civ is awesome. I have played since II and am now on Civ III: Play The World. I play online occasionally but it takes ages to finish a game. I usually stick with the aztecs, germans, chinese, japanese or english. In a save I am currently playing as the chinese I have just convinced everyone to attack France. And we have nuclear arms...hehehe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear I just started a scurry of Civ diaries about to pop up :shifty:

Check my sig man.

Multiplayer Civ has been in my mind for the last few weeks.

And I might see if I can make some kind of Civ scenario. Looks like it'll take a load of editing though.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I've certainly seen it in its customary massive box in Forbidden Planet...but then FP is expected to carry stuff like that.

I think they're implying it's hard to find at a semi-reasonable price, more likely. :shifty:

I've certainly seen it in its customary massive box in Forbidden Planet...but then FP is expected to carry stuff like that.

I think they're implying it's hard to find at a semi-reasonable price, more likely. :shifty:

I shall be reclaiming my copy of Civ III when I travel up to visit my friend this weekend...

Fuck knows where my 'Ultimate Civilization II Classic Collection' disc is though. I'd load that shit up in a second if I could just locate the bastard.

Edited by stokeriño

I've only played Civ III, and it's addictive.

I'm in the middle of a game as the Romans, and those damn English decided to declare war on me. And due to all the mutual protection pacts, WWII erupted, with India, Egypt, Greece and Japan on my side against China, England and Germany.

Great fun, as I'm steamrolling through England with my tanks at the moment.

Edited by G-O-D

Ok, small problem/query. I have a laptop, so don't have the usual number pad to use to move. So, I can go North, South, East and West,and have worked out that Pg Up and Pg Down move my character as well. Another guide said Home and End can be used for the other 2 movements, but on my laptop, Pg Down and Pg Up are on the same keys as the Home and End buttons.

So, do you know what I should do? Is there another button I can use, or is there a way to edit the buttons that are used?

Ok, small problem/query. I have a laptop, so don't have the usual number pad to use to move. So, I can go North, South, East and West,and have worked out that Pg Up and Pg Down move my character as well. Another guide said Home and End can be used for the other 2 movements, but on my laptop, Pg Down and Pg Up are on the same keys as the Home and End buttons.

So, do you know what I should do? Is there another button I can use, or is there a way to edit the buttons that are used?

Can't you use the mouse/touchpad?

Yeah, apparently you can. I haven't tried it yet, but someone on the Civ forum mentioned it.

Thanks.

On my laptop I hold the 'Function' Key and press F10 - and this turns on the full Number pad in the middle of the keyboard (7-8-9/u-i-o/j-k-l are the three directional rows, for instance). Don't know if that works quite that way on all laptops though.