2005 NBA Playoffs Topic

Blitz

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As good as Shaw was I guess they factored in what the Suns record was this season without Nash. You can never argue against Shaq as far as MVP is concerned but without Nash at PG the Suns are nowhere close to what they ended up being. He set the tone for that offense.

There's no doubt Nash should have been top 3 in MVP voting, but Phoenix & Miami both made major gains this year. Sure Phoenix was +33, but Miami was + 17 with a playoff squad, and Dallas won 58 (+6) without Nash, LA only won 34 (-22) without Shaq. I'd say that tells you just as much, if not more about the inherent value of the two guys in question when you can consider that Amare & Marion are two of the best young talents in the league. Add in that Dallas could very well knock Phoenix out of the playoffs with Nash on the other team, and I just don't think that speaks to "Most Valuable".

Steve Nash deserves the MVP. Take a look at the Suns last year without Nash, not even near a playoff contender, and this year their the #1 seed. Take a look at the Heat last year, they made it to the playoffs without Shaq, so in my opinion the right player won it.

Guest Wrestling_Man

The Wizards won there series last night for the first time in 23 years. And now they get Miami. You know, with the way they were playing last night, I wouldn't be surprised if not only Washington won one game in this series, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Miami in this series, but I doubt it would happen.

The Wizards won there series last night for the first time in 23 years.  And now they get Miami.  You know, with the way they were playing last night, I wouldn't be surprised if not only Washington won one game in this series, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Miami in this series, but I doubt it would happen.

With the Nash/Dallas thing, you got to take in the factors.They got a good PG who was stuck in Atlanta in Jason Terry, got a defensive presence in Dampier, got a rookie who has potential (Harris) added Stackhouse, KVH and the growth of Josh Howard in particular, as well as Marquis Daniels, that Dallas side is completely different now, and have players who could challenge for the title.All Phoenix added was Q Rich apart from Nash, and then the trades for a couple spot up shooters in McCarty and Jackson.

No way Amare would be beasting shit like he is now as easily as he is without Nash, lets see how he woulda went with Barbosa feeding him the rock, then compare from there, and Marion, he's just awesome, but he's never going to be considered MVP, despite that team probably falling apart without him also

Plus, the Heat would have been top 4 in the East had the trade not happened, and the D-Wade developed the way he has.They may, (I repeat, may) have had a higher chance of beating Detroit if they had that lineup, aswell, with more liable threats than they have currently.

My preditions except for the games won in have been on point...I expect it to continue, too.LMAO at T-Mac choking in the Game 7 and playing awesome in virtually all 6 games previous, thats why T-Mac isn't elite.

Dallas (although, now that Nash is fresh, it may change things, thats gonna be an awesome series) Spurs, Heat and Pistons will be in each CF, but don't sleep on Reggie, I wouldn't be surprized at all if he beasts shit just to keep his career alive...man, that series is gonna be the only time Detroit's gonna top the ratings for something other than Defence.

and about my hate towards Bowen, he done the same thing to VC to injure his ankle last year, which made VC react the way he did this time.And you call 43 points in 3 quarters good defence, anyway?!

ehh, a bit long, but yeah.

Man, today, I just watched two of the most loopsided victories that happened on a game seven. I'm glad Indiana advanced, and I'm sad for Houston(maybe next year, T-Mac.)

Right now, I cant wait to see the Suns-Mavs series. It would be interesting to see Nash play against his former team in this series.

hey, those game sevens were not THAT bad...it set some records...*laughs* even though it will be humiliating to the teams that got defeated on that day. So far those games gave me as much of a shock as that Derek Fisher shot last year, they just came outta no where. So much for boring, I take that back now...this might be the year where I will see a lot of blowout wins during an entire course of a playoffs.

Boy oh boy was shaq really pissed this afternoon that he took it out hard on the Wizards. I guess I'm kinda glad the bulls are out.

it would be...but I would have liked the spurs up in a huge margin with both Allen and Radmonovich still healthy, wheres the humiliation in being hurt and down by a huge margin?

But as for the semis, here are my predictions while in a drunk state tonihgt

Heat sweep the Wizards in 4

Pacers over Detroit in 7(hey if it can happen in the ps2, it can in real life!)

Suns beat Mavericks in 7

Spurs sweep Sonics in 4

I know they did, saw the first quarter. THey had a good start, they got a good break with two of Seattle's starters getting hurt in the first half.

oh well...competitive basketball might happen soon for people who hate blowout wins...when the pacers and the pistons square off. I just hope that when I said 'square off', it wont mean another brawl.

If the Pacers had Artest back, I'd say that they would have a chance of making it all the way. But right now the Heat are dominating the Playoffs.

And it sucks about the Rockets, being up 2-0 and then losing Game 7 by 40 or so.

I think the Mavericks could surprise alot of people and beat the Suns in a best of seven series. My philosophy on how to beat the Suns?

Rotate out Devin Harris, Darrell Armstrong and Jason Terry EVERY dead ball to keep your players fresh while playing lock-down defense on Nash. If you take Nash out of the game for Phoenix, the Mavericks will destroy them.