Dida hit by 'Flare'

The Slickman

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea probably should have its own thread and not take up the Chelsea one. AC should defenitely be allowed through and Inter will probably be given a big punishment.

It's on ITV NOW for those interested.

Edited by King Ellis

I've always wondered how - or why - fans get into stadiums with these flares...it's like you see them all the time in foreign leagues. International games too. Though I've never seen anything like this before, you'd think it was just waiting to happen. So either their rules are foolish (allowing flares in), or their enforcement (against flares) is incompetant.

Either way, it's just sick.

Edited by stokeriño

If the ref wasn't so shite and the goal stood it wouldn't have happened :shifty:

Still though that's no way to react to a disallowed goal, especially when you're already 3-0 down and there's almost no chance you're going through. You'd think someone would notice fans going through the turnstiles with a few hundred flares.

If the ref wasn't so shite and the goal stood it wouldn't have happened :shifty:

Still though that's no way to react to a disallowed goal, especially when you're already 3-0 down and there's almost no chance you're going through. You'd think someone would notice fans going through the turnstiles with a few hundred flares.

I'm fucking sick of this - it's always English fans who bring tournament into repute with their hooliganism, isn't it? Can you imagine the outrage if Sven, trying to motivate Beckham, said "You're much better than that nigger Roberto Carlos?" But if a Spaniard says it, he gets nothing.

If Liverpool started throwing flares onto the pitch at Anfield, what do you think would happen? But it's Italian football's 'culture' so they can't be punished, it's a 'social' problem, as is racism in Spain by all accounts.

There's only one way to deal with this social problem - life time bannings and throwing the book at the clubs and nations involved. UEFA - please do something useful, rather than complaning about Jose Mourinho no showing a press conference.

Agreed . You see it all the time in the Italian leagues and Internationals . Its English 'Culture' for a couple of pints of larger , a pie and a punch up with your rival teams , yet in my home sides stadium now your not even aloud to stand up and bring in bottles with lids , yet in Italy they bring fucking Rocket sort of things that can cause serious damage

I cringed when I saw him get hit in slow motion, it's really bad that it happened and it needs to be stopped and soon.

As for Jose Mourinho, why should he go to a press conference when he is banned from the touchline? He has every right to skip it.

Just to point out, if if this was between two English sides, or an English side and a foreign side. There would at least be a european ban on the guilty club, and with the way UEFA are much stricter with England.... (because we're England) I reckon there'd be a European ban on all English clubs for a couple years.

With Inter though, they'll play a game or two without any fan, club fined £50k, and everything back to normal.

As I said in the Chelsea thread, if this was an English side, UEFA would not hesitate to throw and ban us all from the competition. They really need to come down hard on them.

Why the fuck should they be allowed to take rockets into a football match, pathetic.