Dida hit by 'Flare'

The Slickman

I know the Inter players wouldn't want to annoy their own fans, but those interviewed after the game didn't seem to be that bothered by what had gone on - whereas other Milan players like Maldini were very critical of what had just happened.

The general consensus amongst us seems to be that Inter should be banned from European competitions, and if they can't control their fans then they shouldn't be allowed in the stadium either. The general consensus amongst UEFA is probably going to be that Inter will be 'kicked out' of this year's tournament (that they'd already blown), given a pathetic fine and will play a game or two behind closed doors. UEFA won't want to upset one of it's bigger clubs, as seen with Real Madrid in the past. I genuinely hope I'll be proved wrong, but I doubt it.

Edited by supergrass

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Inter players wouldn't want to annoy their own fans, but those interviewed after the game didn't seem to be that bothered by what had gone on - whereas other Milan players like Maldini were very critical of what had just happened.

The general consensus amongst us seems to be that Inter should be banned from European competitions, and if they can't control their fans then they shouldn't be allowed in the stadium either. The general consensus amongst UEFA is probably going to be that Inter will be 'kicked out' of this year's tournament (that they'd already blown), given a pathetic fine and will play a game or two behind closed doors. UEFA won't want to upset one of it's bigger clubs, as seen with Real Madrid in the past. I genuinely hope I'll be proved wrong, but I doubt it.

I loved the way Andy van der Meyde said "these things happen in football" (or something along those lines).

Um, no the don't. Well, not in countries with semi-sane fans. They need a hefty punishment for this.

Absolutely disgraceful, as many people have already said if this was an English team's fans that had done this, UEFA would have already kicked English clubs out of Europe for at least 5 years.

UEFA should throw the book at Inter, I agree with the idea someone suggested of relegation to Serie B, and they should be forced to play the whole of next season behind closed doors.

Totally agree. If that had of happened in England we'd of had all teams banned from the champions league for at least a season and they'd probably be on about us getting kicked out of the world cup. That kind of thing happens in Italy all the time and nothing ever happens, but if theirs a scuffle in the England end at a qualifier its "throw the book at them". They scapegoat England all the time. How many times do you hear bout fans going over to places like Turkey and getting stabbed but nothing ever happens. Fucking joke UEFA is.

Speaking of which, now Juventus fans have kicked up a ruckus attacking one Liverpool fan and also threatening others, they ran like "scolding dogs~" when the police were called but something has to be done about it.

San Siro is being attacked airbourne and Turin has England-esque riots ¬_¬

Can someone answer this question please. . . do they even have security checks at these stadiums overseas? I just don't understand how ONE flare gets into a building, let alone at least a half dozen or so. Same thing with glass bottles. Ever since 9/11, you cannot bring a bottle into any stadium in NY as far as I know, and the bottles they do sell are made of plastic. That was a scary scene, and it just made me wonder how something like that was allowed to happen in the first place.

For as long as I can remember, there's always been flares in Italian football. Either a] they're allowed to take them into stadiums, or b] the security guys don't actually care.

Besides, the Italian authorities seem convinced they don't have a problem. I remember reading on the BBC site, that at one of the gatherings of all the representatives from each country, they were discussing how to get rid of racism, and this sort of behaviour. The Italian representative simply said "we don't have any problems in Italy."

Until their authorities admit that they have a problem, nothing will be done.

To be fair the security checks at English games are shit and you could still get pretty much anything into the ground. I must of been searched bout 5 times in all the times I've been going down the villa and the only time I've been searched at an away game is if I've got the offical club coach and thats only to check you're not bringing on alcahol.

Think the reason why you don't see it at English games is because people know they'll have the book thrown at them if so much as a punch is thrown and because of all the stewarding and cctv they'll almost always catch you. Look at the man utd southampton game in the cup, that man u fan managed to get a flare in then and chuck it on the pitch.

A realistic and fair punishment:

Milan automatically win (as if they weren't going to anyway).

All flares banned from games.

All flare throwers banned for life and pay for damage (to pitch, Dida's injuries).

No European competitions next year.

First European competition after ban to be played behind closed doors.

It's stupid yes, but it happened. But banning the flares will rule out a repeat. The instigators are punished well. The innocent fans aren't punished too much. No European ties for a whole year will screw up Inter's finances considerably. And even when they do get back into Europe, their ticket sales will be horribly decreased if they're played behind closed doors.

I'd say that would be a suitable punishment, for any team, not just Italian clubs, but for any club. If it happens again I'd ban them from the competition indefinitely.

Inter Milan have been fined £132,000 by Uefa and must play their next four European games behind closed doors after crowd trouble against AC Milan.

Inter fans threw missiles on to the San Siro pitch, and caused Tuesday's quarter-final second leg tie to be stopped with AC Milan leading 1-0.

AC have been awarded a 5-0 aggregate win and go through to the semi-finals where they will meet PSV Eindhoven.

The ban is for six games, but two are under a three-year probationary period.

Inter can appeal against the decision and they have three days to do so.

Credit: BBC

Whats 132k to a team like Inter? nothing it should be at least a Million, I doubt 132k even cover two players weekly wages.

Fucking bollocks.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but if this was an English team (or if the same thing happens in the Chelsea/Liverpool match, it won't because we're not animals, but hey), then English teams would be chucked out of europe.

Fucking UEFA, what a joke.

Meh, happens all the time, this one just actually hit the guy rather then blowing up a couple of feet away from him.

All things considered Inter got dealt with harshly since most incidents don't even get a fine. I know it's hard for English fans to understand but flares and the like are common place, especially in Italy.

Meh, happens all the time, this one just actually hit the guy rather then blowing up a couple of feet away from him.

All things considered Inter got dealt with harshly since most incidents don't even get a fine.  I know it's hard for English fans to understand but flares and the like are common place, especially in Italy.

Most English fans do understand it,as you see them all the time in clips from most middle European football. Our basic idea is that why should flares be in the stadium, especially when scenes like what happened on Tuesday could occur?

All things considered Inter got dealt with harshly since most incidents don't even get a fine.  I know it's hard for English fans to understand but flares and the like are common place, especially in Italy.

Most English fans do understand it,as you see them all the time in clips from most middle European football. Our basic idea is that why should flares be in the stadium, especially when scenes like what happened on Tuesday could occur?