Top 100 Albums.

K

Hey, ever think that's why people come on the internet? To, you know, vent? And bitch about things that normally couldn't in real life? Oh my!!

Oh, shit, I didn't think before I spoke. I am so sorry oh great one. Will you ever forgive me?

Yeeah. Give it up. It's what the internet is for.

I couldn't care less about people bitching. But it is when people believe something is more deserveing than something else, it is pointless. Opinion doesn't make something better than something else. Just because your opinion says something is better than something else, doesn't really matter.

At least I am realistic, unlike you, Mr "OMG, it SUX0RS".......why does it suck? Just because it doesn't conform to what you believe is acceptable as a top 100, doesn't make it suck. There isn't a weak choice, and just because you disagree, you can't really argue against a lot of the albums placed in the top 100.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm so just fucking with you, and you get all riled up.

:lol:

I'm making a point, not getting riled. I just think people get too annoyed about online polls, and just need to accept a public consensus may not accept with them. The comment wasn't just aimed at you, just generally.

I think people get annoyed with public polls because in alot of peoples minds, the public has a shit taste in music. By public, I mean mainstream music listeners. I don't think it's their fault they don't dig deeper and find better music, they just don't want to, so whatever.

But I still hate how Darkside Of The Moon is so highly regarded by everyone. Meddle & The Wall > *.

I think people get annoyed with public polls because in alot of peoples minds, the public has a shit taste in music. By public, I mean mainstream music listeners. I don't think it's their fault they don't dig deeper and find better music, they just don't want to, so whatever.

But I still hate how Darkside Of The Moon is so highly regarded by everyone. Meddle & The Wall > *.

I guess not every public mainstream music time has the patience/money/effort to dig deeper and find "better" music. Sad for them maybe, but maybe they aren't blighted by the "this is good, this isn't good, buy this" crowds.

Sorry, but any top 100 list with Guns N Roses on it (besides maybe "Biggest Overrated Pieces of Crap"), and in the top 10 no less, completely negates any and all validity the list may have.

I daresay that pretty much anything on that list made in the last 5 years (maybe 3 at a stretch) has no business there. The true test of a 'great' album is how it withstands the test of time. So as popular as albums by Coldplay, Radiohead and Outkast are now, you really can't predict how great they'll be remembered as, or if, because of their current popularity, they're able to trump older releases that have withstood a period of time and are still great.

Edited by caucasianheat

Sorry, but any top 100 list with Guns N Roses on it (besides maybe "Biggest Overrated Pieces of Crap"), and in the top 10 no less, completely negates any and all validity the list may have.

I daresay that pretty much anything on that list made in the last 5 years (maybe 3 at a stretch) has no business there. The true test of a 'great' album is how it withstands the test of time. So as popular as alums by Coldplay, Radiohead and Outkast are now, you really can't predict how great they'll be remembered as.

FYI, the Radiohead albums that are there are 8 and 10 years old.

EDIT: I was bored....I have 16 of the albums.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Sorry, but any top 100 list with Oasis on it (besides maybe "Biggest Overrated Pieces of Crap"), and in the top 10 no less, completely negates any and all validity the list may have.

This I would have agreed with. That said, I wouldn't put Appetite in the top 10, either, but I consider it to be a classic, definitely worthy of a spot somewhere on a Top 100 list.

I've owned 25 of these albums at some point in time...I, too, was bored.

I was dissapointed by this list, though I'm a U2 fan I don't think they should've been at number 2 and I have to say that I was pretty surprised that Radiohead got the top spot. Not a big fan of them and would have thought that either Rubber Soul, Revolver or Sgt. Peppars should've got number one.

3 - NIRVANA - Nevermind

5 - PINK FLOYD - Dark Side of the Moon

9 - GUNS N' ROSES - Appetite For Destruction

21 - JOHN LENNON - Imagine

27 - THE DOORS - The Doors

39 - THE WHITE STRIPES - Elephant

62 - FLEETWOOD MAC - Rumours

77 - EMINEM - The Marshall Mathers LP

95 - THE EAGLES - Hotel California

3 - NIRVANA - Nevermind

5 - PINK FLOYD - Dark Side of the Moon

9 - GUNS N' ROSES - Appetite For Destruction

21 - JOHN LENNON - Imagine

27 - THE DOORS - The Doors

39 - THE WHITE STRIPES - Elephant

62 - FLEETWOOD MAC - Rumours

77 - EMINEM - The Marshall Mathers LP

95 - THE EAGLES - Hotel California

The albums I own out of that list.

I just noticed something too. The Libertines made the list. THE FUCKING LIBERTINES! I don't give a fuck what you say about respecting public opinion, wannabe. The Libertines?! Oh my god.

I agree with whoever said Nevermind shouldn't be #3, but to be fair, Nirvana is cited as an influence to alot of bands that are around today. Of course, alot of other bands are too, like Pink Floyd & GnR, so yeah.

Oh, and Meddle > The Wall > Dark Side Of The Moon. I need to buy the rest of the albums, but I think I may just end up buying "Echoes".

I hate the Libertines, but it is a British poll, so what did you expect? Only in this kinda poll could Radiohead, U2 and The Smiths be placed so highly.

In America, we'd rate U2 high too. Not that high, but pretty high.

I guess you're right. I would have been okay with it if it was Muse or something, since they actually don't suck. But The Libertines? Christ almighty.

In America, we'd rate U2 high too. Not that high, but pretty high.

I guess you're right. I would have been okay with it if it was Muse or something, since they actually don't suck. But The Libertines? Christ almighty.

Yeah, I know U2 woulda got high, but not above Nirvana, G'n'R and some of the other bands, cos they've always been bigger in the UK.

I don't get the Liberines love....it seems its based more on the turmoil of the band then the music.

I don't get the Liberines love....it seems its based more on the turmoil of the band then the music.

Isn't the lead singer a heroin junkie?

Well, the lead singer left, so he's not with the band anymore (has a band called Babyshambles now though, which NME cream thier panys over), but yeah, he is a heroin junkie. He was even brought up by someone in government as a bad role model when pictures of him mashed out of his face were released to newspapers.

He also goes out with Kate Moss, the model.

And just for you Libertines haters, Pete and Carl finally met up and spoke yesterday so the chances are they could be back sooner than you know it.

Bring it on.

Honestly, I bought thier second album, and it is one of the worst albums I've ever purchased, aside from possibly Korn "Untoucables".

Why they actually matter is beyond me.