Favorite Radio Station/Show/Personality

sahyder1

I was never really a radio person until the last year or so but now I'm tuned into WFAN(660 AM for those of you in the tri-state area) quiet a lot. It's basically a sports talk channel but they throw in Imus in the Morning which can be really funny at times. Joe Bendingo and Sid Rosenburg are ok at times....Mike and the Maddog are great. You have to listen to Steve Somers when he's on just for his monologues. Chris Carlin is great overnights. So...list your favorites. Throw in your town name too because not everyone know just their call sign.

Edited by sahyder1

I'm a big fan of Pete and Geoff on Virgin, but they're a distant second by Jonathan Ross on Radio 2. I'm not going to say it's always funny, but when it is, it cracks me up. For the perfect example, look up his rant on the Channel 5 schedule on his show's site ;).

Bob & Tom.

They're on my rock station from 5 AM to about 11 AM. Funny guys. I know they're broadcasted all over the United States, but I don't know if anyone listens to them. They always have funny guys on the show, like Rodney Carrington.

I'm a big fan of Pete and Geoff on Virgin, but they're a distant second by Jonathan Ross on Radio 2. I'm not going to say it's always funny, but when it is, it cracks me up. For the perfect example, look up his rant on the Channel 5  schedule on his show's site ;).

Yeah, when I've caught Ross on the radio, he is pretty funny. I like Johnny Vaughn (spelling?) as well, but he is very hit and miss.

Edge 102 is what I listen to, since it's the only station in Toronto and it's surrounding areas that plays rock music and I like all the on air personalities, especially Dean Blundell. I listen to the Dean Blundell show almost everyday or I try to, followed by Josie Dye :wub: going through with the all request nooner. All the other music stations in Toronto blow, except for Q107 Rock Classic which I listen to the odd time. Everything else sucks ass. The urban music station, Flow, is crap, Z103, which plays pop and club music, is shit, I can't stand easy rock or adult contemp. Blah. Edge fits my needs, as does the Q when I feel like a little classic rock.

I don't dig talk radio, but 640 Toronto has some half decent shows, like Live Audio Wrestling, even if it did lose some steam after Jeff Marek left to do the Toronto Maple Leafs lunch or brunch or breakfast or whatever that show is called. Plus, they broadcast Leaf games.... Well, they did before the lockout. I miss Joe Bowen calling the games. Greatest announcer ever. Take that Bob Cole and Harry Neale!

Show: Mike and The Maddog is good, although I'm not a fan of NY sports. There's also a talk show down on 104.1 in Orlando but broadcast nationally on XM - I think it's called "The Shannon Burke Show". Anyway, that's pretty good stuff too.

Stations: I listen to mostly rap stations. It's pretty much the same stuff, although Hot 97 (NYC) can put on different stuff and got similar genres get shows here adn there. So that's cool.

I usually listen to Ramiro and Pebbles in the morning. Their show usually aint that bad, and I have it on in the background as I'm getting ready for school. Not a big deal if I miss it though.

Guest Bluesman

My friend and I will listen to the local sports station (KFAN) and laugh at the idiots who call into the sports shows. Back in the day Loveline was good to listen to.

I usually listen to Ramiro and Pebbles in the morning. Their show usually aint that bad, and I have it on in the background as I'm getting ready for school. Not a big deal if I miss it though.

Yes, sometimes when I'm home (and up early enough) - I'll tune into that. The morning radio shows in Hartford/NY aren't as good ...

... except for Star and Bucwild.

Didn't Kiss 92 have Darryn Jones doing their morning show at one time? It's odd to think that he'd go from appealing to 12 year olds in the morning to doing The Buzz on Comedy at 10pm.