Chicks with Bass Guitars are hot.

K

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked Darcy from the Smashing Pumpkins, especially the picture on the inside cover of "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness". I'm not as much of a fan of them as I used to be, but I'm still a fan of Darcy :wub: .

I also always had a thing for Debbie Harry of Blondie, even as she got older she still looked pretty damn good.

Doesn't Darcy freak you out now that she's all smacked up?

Debbie Harry was the shiznit, though.

I'll nominate the entirety of The Donnas, while I'm at it.

RK/ZB!

I actually haven't seen how Darcy looks these days. I just assumed she was still pretty cute. Like I said, the last image of her I remember seeing is nearly ten years old :P . If I've seen her since then I can't really remember.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Doesn't Darcy freak you out now that she's all smacked up?

RK/ZB!

I actually haven't seen how Darcy looks these days. I just assumed she was still pretty cute. Like I said, the last image of her I remember seeing is nearly ten years old :P . If I've seen her since then I can't really remember.

Sweet sweet Charlotte. Curse me for forgetting. So if I were to create my boneage supergroup:

Vocals: Melissa Auf Der Mar (because theres no room for her to play owt, mebbe second guitar)

Guitar, backking vox: Charlotte Hatherley

Bass: Bird from JJ72 (I don't know her bloody name)

Sax: Abi from The Zutons

Drums: Bird from Seafood (trust me)

Seem to remember the keyboard player from Dogs Die in Hot Cars is quite fit, and as a final comment if she's still as stunning as she was in the 90's Louise Wener from Sleeper would take lead vocals without even trying.

How fucking sad am I?

Oooh, fantasy bands. Love it!

(As a side-note, my Reading signing tent exploits last year got me a shirt and CD signed by Marcie Bolan, and I gave her my phone number. Two days later, I actually got a call from her! She said that Jason had found the whole thing very funny and was refusing to let her into the Astoria, their venue that night, until she called me. We discussed tea for 2 minutes, then she had to go. Made my fucking year)

Lead Guitar: Brody Dalle,

Rhythm Guitar: Marcie Bolan,

Bass Guitar: Melissa Auf der Maur,

Drums: The drummer from The Donnas, because I don't know any other female drummers.

Brody and AdM would share lead vocals, while Marcie would simply excel at her fucking excellent deadpan chanting in the background, possibly with Brody or AdM (whoever isn't singing the vocal lick on any given song) lending their voice to the sweet din of siren song as well.

Also, with that line-up, you'd get some great riffs, and the fact that AdM is probably the most competent female bassist in the world (and probably in the top 10, non-gender-specific, in terms of sheer style and ability) you'd also have a pretty good rhythm section.

RK/ZB!

To further prove a point, this is Natalie:

nat.jpg

She used to live over here and play "ghost bass" in the now defunct psychobilly band The Rats. She's hawt.

And on the left here is Caitlin:

cateshop.jpg

Not quite on Natalie levels, but she's fairly cute. Obviously made cuter from singing and playing bass and drums. Obviously.

Edited by Skumfrog