Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWP is an idiot. Unless he just wants the money.

Cole, SWP, Duff and Robben, yeh that is impressive, but ffs, all those players need to be playing every week.

And now Mourinho still wants Essien, too many midfielders, it is a joke and this could be a bad, bad decision from SWP if he goes. He is better off staying where he is.

I like quality players who stay put at their current teams, rather than going to big teams simply for the money.  I admire Gerrard in a way for staying put.

Yeah, he never wanted to leave, he just wanted more money though. He knew that if he said that he wanted to leave that the board would offer him more money. It's speculation, but bucket-loads of players do it all the time.

SWP's officially signed for Chelsea on a five-year deal says Skysports.

EDIT:

Wright-Phillips Joins Chelsea

Shaun Wright-Phillips has signed for Chelsea on a five-year contract.

The Manchester City winger quickly tied up the loose ends of his £21 million switch to London after arriving at Stamford Bridge with his stepfather Ian Wright and agent Mitchell Thomas.

City agreed to the transfer after the England international sought permission to speak to the Premiership champions and Chelsea upped their bid for his services.

Although Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger would have dearly loved to bring Wright-Phillips to Highbury, Chelsea have secured another major capture.

"We're delighted that Shaun has joined us," chief executive Peter Kenyon told Chelsea's official website. "He'll be a fantastic asset to the team and squad.

"This carries on the Chelsea policy of investing in young, top English talent."

Wright-Phillips will be pushing for a place in Sven Goran Eriksson's England squad for next year's World Cup finals, providing the team clinches their place in Germany, but he appreciates it will be difficult to become a regular under Jose Mourinho.

"I never expected to be in anywhere and walk into any team, to be honest with you," he informed Chelsea's site.

"Competition is just healthy really and will help make me a better player.

"I just want to try and get some medals and be a regular part of the team."

Edited by public enemy