N64

K

Woo, just won auctions for WCW/nWo Revenge and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for about £12. Ocarina of Time was given 10/10 on IGN.com, so I thought I'd have to get that. Never played Zelda before though, so this should be interesting.

I'm also bidding on Conker's Bad Fur Day. I've already lost one bidding. How high would you guys recommend me bid for the game? I've heard from a lot of people how good it is.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got Zelda for £11. WCW/nWo Revenge was 99p :D

Just won Super Mario 64 for £5.99 as well. Can't actually pay for them until Friday though. One thing, what is the actual name of the cable that goes from the TV to the N64? My one is a little fucked, might need a new one.

Guest Majick

Perfet Dark. Seriously. Goldeneye is the game for multiplayer friend slaughtering, but if you want to team up and hunt AI drones, PD is the way to go. And it's such a good storyline in single-player, too. Never could beat the final bloody level...

WCW/nWo Revenge was the first wrestling game I played on the n64. I still have it somewhere. Wrestlemania 2000 had CAWs but the season mode is very repetitive, a lot like Smackdown vs. Raw on the PS2 - if you don't win the Rumble, you're screwed out of 'winning' the Season.

I love Episode 1: Racer too: Mars... Guo!!!

And Rogue Squadron is just a fantastic game, but Battle for Naboo is a huge letdown.

Wetrix is cool, too.

Avoid South Park. Seriously. The multiplayer isn't bad for half-hour or so but the main game is sooooo lame.

Oh, and no-one's mentioned Mario Kart 64? That's a great MP game.

I've now completed Super Mario 64 (120 Stars), and I'm going through Diddy Kong Racing and No Mercy.

I want to at least complete Adventure One on Diddy, AND unlock TT. I'm not too concerned about Adventure Two, but i'll consider it.

On No Mercy I want to get to 100% on all the belt paths. I've currently completed Light Heavy, European and Womens. And I'm about 80% through World Title.

When those are finished I'm not sure what I'll play next. I started Zelda, but it's lame. Too much story, it took about half an hour before I could do anything, then I had to talk to about four hundred people in the village. I got bored and turned it off.

You don't have to talk to everyone Keith.

Once you get into it, Zelda is just class. Still one of my favourite games of all time. Even though it can be quite hard. I started again the other day and it took me two go's to defeat the first boss, I couldn't remember how to do it. :(

Why didn't I see it back then though? N64 > Playstation, clearly.

damn you guys. got me all worked up and I pulled out my N64  today and started playing  No Mercy and Conkers Bad Fur Day

Yeah, it's these guys who made me wanna play it again. Mind you, I was to lazy to do it yet, but after work tomorrow, that bitch is gonna get played for hours.

You don't have to talk to everyone Keith.

Once you get into it, Zelda is just class. Still one of my favourite games of all time. Even though it can be quite hard. I started again the other day and it took me two go's to defeat the first boss, I couldn't remember how to do it. :(

I've been playing Ocarina Of Time a lot recently.

I didn't actually realise that I still had it until I found the Gamecube version that was packaged with Wind Waker. The version I'm playing (Master Quest) was apparently never realeased. It's pretty much the same except for the Dungeons which although having the same layout as before, are a lot fucking harder.

Still a great game though.

Zelda OoT is one of the most over-rated games of all time, after Halo. It's not bad, but it doesn't eserve the constant cocksucking it gets.

My N64 wishlist at the moment consists of Mario 64, Mario Kart (I have diddy Kong though, which I think is better), Mario Tennis, WWF Attitude (I loved it on the PS, don't care what anyone says, it's one of my favourite multiplayer games ), Starfox and Bad Fur Day.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, I got Zelda OoT and it's better than I remember it. Still not as stellar as everyone seems to think (especially the constant fucking nattering, does my head in), but enjoyable enough for £2.

I also got Mario, Lylat Wars (which is apparently what the UK version of Starfox is called) and WEtrix, which is seriosuly one of the msot addictive puzzle games I've ever come across. If only I could get past the third bastard level :(

You people are bastards. I'm actually considering buying an N64 cos of this thread (even though its a long dead console, and I had little to no interest in it when it was new). I'm becoming a console feind! Then again I sold my PS1 last year because I couldn't play it since getting a next gen console (I couldn't make out defined objects anymore..... PS2 etc ruin how graphics look on older consoles.......!) so I dont know what I expect from this.

I was just thinking about how me and some mates used to play perfect Dark like hell (I was always bollocks), and you've all done a sterling job of selling No Mercy. Then there's Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Super Mario 64..... And I almost saved some of my hard earnt cash for a bit there.....

Apparently I haven't already said this yet, so get Pokemon Stadium 1, 2 & Pokemon Snap. Oh and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.

What?

Don't look at me that way, I'm allowed to like non-Pokemon games.