Champions League Final Thread

G-O-D

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since they had to fight to get the 3 goals back, why waste the fact that they were back in the game? At 3-0, 3-1, 3-2, they had nothing to lose. At 3-3, they do. It's simple.

And Italian sides get bitched at for scoring to make it 1-0, and then sitting back. But to fight back from 3 goals down, and then protect your goal makes sense to me. To be honest, thats what Milan tried to do, and thats why Liverpool scored, because Milan were too content to sit back on thier lead and do fuck all, and just try and win the game by defending.

Whilst it would've been nice to see us carry on attacking - and I've already said this - there was a big possibility that Milan could've cut us apart like they did in the first half. Despite 'playing for the penalties', Milan still had a few good chances (Shevchenko, anyone?) to win it. So yes, we could have gone on attacking and looked for a fourth, but we would've then left ourselves open to a Milan counter attack.

By that point we had three in defence as well, and again I'm repeating myself here, but that didn't matter when we were losing because we had nothing to lose. Then it got to 3-3, and suddenly there was everything to lose.

Besides, even if you feel it wasn't a penalty (which is bullshit, sorry, but Gattuso clipped him) and that we played for penalties - can't you be happy for us that Liverpool won? Or does that not fit in with your idea that every team should go all out attack, not thinking about the consequences that could bring.

Obviously not.

Wait, so Milan do the sit back and defend thing and let in three goals, so then you try and do THE EXACT SAME THING? That makes EVEN LESS SENSE.

When did I ever say you should've gone all out attack?

Fuck, when have I ever said I didn't like that Liverpool won?

Stop putting words in people's fucking mouths. This is the EXACT REASON I "started" this arguement in the first place.

I'm happy for Liverpool, I genuinely am.

However, that doesn't stop the fact that Shevchenko was onside, Smicer shouldn't even have been allowed to shoot, let alone score (although the goal itself was awesome). Ok, so maybe it was a penalty, but that's still 4-2.

Start reading my posts instead of assuming I'm saying things that you can use against me.

Edited by TheReilDeal

I'm still utterly confused as to how it wasn't a penalty in some people's eyes. Sure, I wanted Liverpool to win, but I can be objective still, and the fact was, Gattuso clipped him as he drew his foot back to hit the ball. It wasn't like thier was minimal contact (like a lot of 50/50 penalty decisions), but he definitely caught him, so there was no real problem IMO.

EDIT: And Reily, Milan tried to sit back, but didn't get enough men behind the ball to make it work. At least Liverpool did, which is why it made sense, as they were able to stop Milan fashioning many good oppurtunities.

Edited by kevinnashwannabe

The whole bitching thing about "why couldnt you go on to score another goal after scoring 3 goals in 6 minutes", the fact is, we surprised Milan, they were cruising at 3-0 thinking they'd won it easily, and we caught them on the blindside, had the fact that after having 3 goals scored against them in 6 minutes made them possibly, defend more? Hence making it harder for us to score a 4th? Liverpool were good enough to pull it back on a very quick counter and catching Milan off guard, but I dont think we had enough to push on again after they tried to get their shit back together after we got the 3rd. Fact is, this season we've had to just try to hold onto what we can get, our season has been pretty shit, having really only 1 forward most of the season and remnants of Houllier's shite, we managed to get to 3-3 and as has been the case for us this season, we held on for dear life, and it worked.

Bottom line is, we won, we're the champs, no bitching can change that.

Slightly, yes. Because it's possible that to some people here, you was coming across as a prick. You however tried to bring in the "jealousy" card. I can honestly say, I'm not jealous of Liverpool's achievement. I'm happy for them, and proud for the country in that respect. But if I disagree with you about the match, would that mean I'm being jealous?

Say if I agreed with some of Reily's points (while still being happy for 'pool) would that mean that I'm simply being jealous? Or would it mean that we're all football fans, we all have opinions, and we all see different things in games. As a Liverpool fan, what you saw was different to what I saw, and that's 100% okay. Becuase, when I watch a Villa match, it's different for me then too.

Calling a team insignificant is also quite mean.

I think Liverpool did well, and I think Rafa reacted well at half term, and for the rest of the game then on. But, that's not even what the discussion appears to be about anymore.

Yeah, TRB, you did say that, but I still think it was more a reaction to Reily's comment then what he really thinks.

I agree with Dan...if my team won, and people tried to belittle it, I'd be fucking pissed off as well.