Champions League Final Thread

G-O-D

I'm really missing how that wasn't a clear cut penalty. Gattuso got away without a card for some bizarre reason, Cafu was coming in but he was blocking nowt. And which other are you disallowing Reily?

Edited by Colly

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ball was on a plate for five Milan players too, but three of them missed :P

Gattuso didn't consiously "clip him", from what I saw. He was trying to keep up with him, and when Gerrard pulled his leg back to shoot, it hit Gattuso's leg and he went down like a sack of shit that had been shot multiple times with a shotgun :P

Althought I'm also baffled at how, having thought it was a penalty, the referee decided Gattuso wasn't sent off. Or even booked.

I guess he's consistantly wrong. :P

Edited by TheReilDeal

Gattuso got away without a card for some bizarre reason

He got away without a card because the referee used a bit of sense. It wasnt a hard tackle, it was clumsy. And the penalty is penalty enough, so it doesnt warrant a sending off. Thats the way I look at it.

I fucking hate "You're on Sky Sports". Everyone always says the exact same stuff. Especially on nights like this. They'd be better off getting us lot together in a studio, and letting us discuss the night. Atleast we offer good points, and differing opinions.

Still don't think it was a definate penalty though. The replay that I see just made me think Gerrard was badly looking for that. I thought Gattuso had a damn good game so it was a bit of a shame to see that happen to him, because he didn't do too much wrong. Penalty or not though, I said that guy needed abig performance and well there was just a slight spark missing. We didn't get him slamming his hands in the air to get the Milan crowd going or his usual crazy antics, so that part was a slight shame.

Thought Dida was a touch poor tonight too which I don't usually say.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Good game, good shoot-out, although Dudek did come off his line for most of the penalites, Dida did it last time for Milan so it serves him right.

Its weird how a nothing premiership game will make a penalty be retaken whilst the CL final is about as moderated as the Diary cube.

And for the record, Shevchenko WAS offside by less than half a yard for the disallowed goal. And While it came off a Liverpool foot last, it was originally a pass from the Milan player. Thus, offside.

And to be fair, the Liverpool penalty was weak, he was clipped VERY slightly. But when you consider they should have had one for the handball earlier in the game it evened itself out. They nearly MISSED that penalty as well. I thought Dida was unlucky.

Also, I liked the fact they put Gattuso over as a Rangers man. It's a pity we could've have kept him. Same for Niemi, Van Bronckhorst, etc, etc.

But anyways, yay Liverpool. Am I the only one shocked that there's Pool fans actually sober enough to post here?

The Nesta "penalty" was even more definately not a penalty. What was he meant to do? Cut his fucking arm off?

Even Andy Townsend agrees with me on THAT one, and he's a fucking pleb :shifty:

Anyway, regardless of HOW they won it, they won it, so good on them :) They deserved it based on the second half/extra time performance.

Edited by TheReilDeal

I'm still walking around with a big grin on my face, I still can't believe we won it. I just turned my phone on and there was a text from my mate (who's an Everton fan) at half time, saying that "the fucking red scum have been found out tonight." I just sent it back to him.

Brilliant stuff.

Guest Thomas Jefferson

The match was simply unbelievable. After Liv. went 3-0 down at half-time, I went in my room and picked up Silas Marner.

Aftersome time my brother told me Gerrard has scored. I came out and with a minute it was Smicer. It was then I believed the Liv. would win. i was screaming so hard that my father had to remind me I was not in the Stadium.

Throughout the ET and Penalty shoot out, I was talking to another friend on my cell and we both jumped up and down when Milan's first two penalties weent wrong

Something Priceless.

I spent yesterday telling my Liverpool fan friends they'd lose. Of course, I wanted Liverpool to win myself - as I always support the English team, unless I'm a big fan of the opposition. But I have a feeling today - that those damn Liverpool fans are gonna give me a hard time. <_<

I got to say that my dad use to love Liverpool as a kid. Now I see why.

I'm nowhere near a devoted Liverpool supporter, but I feel like my blood has gotten a little more Red because of last night.

Well done Liverpool - you fucking deserved it :)

Liverpool deserve a spot in the champions league next season, they've won the trophy which means they should qualify (I still think that should be the case in the World Cup as well). If UEFA don't give in and we have to go into the UEFA Cup then we should win it just to spite 'em. ^_^

One thing, Liverpool get to keep the trophy so does that mean we may see a new shape Champions League trophy? I hope so. And if Liverpool aren't allowed in, can they set up a splinter tournament using the old cup a la Shawn Michaels IC title in the early 90's?