2005: A War for the Ages (WCW)

I'm loving this diary and especially the past couple of shows. I see Bisch swerving Austin at CotC but Austin getting revenge and lets hope that Jericho don't lose the belt for another few months.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, this diary has kicked @$$.. i'm having trouble deciding who i think should get the strap, cause Jericho is a much better champ but Austin is SUPER-OVER! And I have to agree with Crossface, the WCW Pure Wresting Title would have been a much cooler title. Also, the segment with Jericho punching the cake and testing everything to make sure it wasn't boobytrapped was GOLD~!

user posted image

Source: NODQ.COM

Wednesday, March 1st, 2006

- PAY PER VIEW RATINGS -

WWE - 1.98

ECW - 0.89

WCW - 0.89

WWE gets the clean win with ECW and WCW tying. We can confirm that Superbrawl's attendance was 11,316 with a $670,000 gate. WCW also made 2.22 million from PPV Sales

- RATINGS -

Primetime:

WWE - 6.04

WCW - 5.50

ECW - 5.48

It should also be noted that Thunder did a new high rating of 2.87 last thursday.

Chris Jericho - signs 2 year extension with WCW

We have learned that WCW Heavyweight champ Chris Jericho has signed a 2 year contract extension with WCW.

Eddie Guerreo - Bumped down to midcard?

Rumors from our WCW sources claim that Eddie Guerrero is not happy about being demoted to the midcard. Eddie has been losing overness with the fans in recent weeks and many feel this is only temporary

James Gibson, Spanky and Juvi - Bumped up to midcard

Sources are also saying that Juventud Guerrero, Spanky and James Gibson are both being bumped from the lower midcard to the midcard.

Bobby Roode - no longer an opener

Bobby Roode, one half of team canada, is being bumped from the opener slot to the lower midcard slot. We expect Petey Willaims to follow in coming weeks

ATLANTIC CITY WRESTLING UPDATE

Tom Pritchards latest reports are in on the youngesters down in ACW, here's what he had to say:

Mr Aguila: Charisma (1 point); Over (3 points); Brawling (2 points); Technique (2 points);

M-Dogg 20: Charisma (1 point); Over (4 points); Brawling (2 points); Technique (2 points);

Josh Prohibition: Over (1 point); Brawling (1 point); Charisma (1 point); Speed (2 points); Technique (3 points);

Chance Beckett: Technique (1 point); Charisma (1 point); Over (4 points); Brawling (3 points); Speed (2 points);

Kevin Steen: Over (1 point); Brawling (2 points); Speed (2 points); Technique (2 points); Charisma (3 points);

Roderick strong and Jimmy Rave have been sent down to ACW to finetune their skills. They should arrive any day now to began training.

Tidbits: Last month, WCW made $2.4 million off of merchandise. Their PI rose, as well as their money. Xbox has signed on as a new advertiser with WCW, as the Viacom contract had ended. A new regional promotion, NWA: Canadian invasion, has opened up.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

The following birthdays occured this month: Chris Sabin (24), Maria Kanellis (23)

user posted image

WCW THUNDER

Wednesday, March 1st, 2005

<=:=><=:=>Intro and Pyro<=:=><=:=>

Meltzer: "Hello everyone welcome to Thunder, taking over for Tony Schiavone, I'm David Meltzer, and alongside me, is Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

Heenan: "I just want to know, what happened to that ham and egger Schiavone?"

Meltzer: "Well Brain, Tony's going to be out of action for awhile, he threw his back out sneezing."

Heenan: "Eat your heart out Sammy Sosa! You know what, I'm starting to like you already Meltzer!"

1. Gen Next takes care of business

Pulling the curtain for the show is Gen Next, as all 3 members come out with the lovely Stacey Keibler. They hit the ring and Austin grabs the mic.

Aries: "It appears as though Generation Next is growing again. We figured we'd wait until they made official by winning their match last Sunday. That being said, Jack Evans, come on down!"

Evan's rap theme hits and the eminem like high flyer makes his way to the ring, talking trash all the way to the ring. He shakes Michael Shane and Paul Birchill's hands, kisses the hand of Stacey, and hugs Austin Aries, as the two original members of Gen Next have been reunited. Before Evans can say anything, Chris Sabin's music hits.

<0:52% Austin Aries lost overness from this segment. Jack Evans gained overness from this segment. >

2. Chris Sabin vs Paul Birchill

The reunion tour has been cut a bit short as Sabin continue's his quest to defeat the members of Gen Next after their confrontation a few weeks ago. Tonight he has his hands full with Birchill. Birchill takes the early advantage and damn near dominates the entire match, connecting on a vicious clotheslien that took Sabin inside out and then a standing leg drop that got huge elevation. Birchill was shocked as he only got a two count. Near the end of the match, Sabin started to mount a comeback trail with right hands and then a leg lariat that actually took Birchill down. Evans got onto the apron to argue with the ref, and Michael Shane hits the ring, Shane goes for a superkick, Sabin ducks and SHANE CONNECTS ON BIRCHILL! kick to the stomach and Sabin throws him out of the ring. All Aries and Stacey can do is watch as Sabin scores a the pinfall victory over Birchill and then hightails it out of the ring as Gen Next hits the ring to try to get their hands on them. As he's walking up the ramp, Sabin smiles, and puts two fingers up, he's now defeated two of the members!

WINNER: Chris Sabin

<M:91% C:44% O:67%>

3. A sad moment..

Backstage, we see The Hurricane standing by a barrel. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a matchbook. He lights the whole book and throws it into the barrel and it catches on fire. Hurricane takes off his cape, and his mask, and rolls them up into a little ball. He looks at them one final time before sighing and throwing them into the fire. He takes a good look at the blaze before walking away.

<0:72%>

4. Kidman w/ Torrie vs Ultimo Dragon

Kidman, hot off the heels of a title loss is obviously looking to get back to his winning ways as he shakes off his superbrawl loss. Dragon came out to a good response, but this one was still a squash. Kidman took control the whole match, connecting on headscissors, a tilt a whirl backbreaker and a super frankensteiner throughout the course of the match. Dragon tried to fight back, but he was just met with the Kid crusher and a shooting star press for the three count. After the match, Kidman continued the beat down, stomping the head of Dragon until finally Torrie had to come in and get him away from Dragon. Kidman raises his hands in the air as the crowd boo's, he had quite the mean streak in this one.

WINNER: BILLY KIDMAN

<M:85% C:75% O:80%>

5. James Gibson vs Stevie Richards, TV Title tourney match round 1

Gibson came out to a great response from this crowd, and when Richards came out with Lodi, he got nothing but boo's. Teter-totter matchup here that went back and forth. Gibson connected on a double underbook backbreaker, but Richards responded with a snap suplex that only got a two. Richards went for the Stevie T, but Gibson countered with a northern lights suplex that only got a two. Gibson connects with a powerslam after an irish whip and goes to hook in the trailerhitch, but Lodi distracted him by getting on the apron. While the ref was yelling at Lodi, back turned to the action, Richards connected on a low blow and rolled up Gibson with a schoolboy, grabbing the tights as the ref counted the 1-2-3. Richards will move on in the tournament now and Gibson is left down on the mat in pain and anger.

WINNER: Stevie Richards

<M:75% C:70% O:72% Lodi debuted his new gimmick (loner), it got a positive response. >

6. Pushing him off the ledge

Backstage, we see Spanky sitting on some boxes, thinking. Sean O'Haire walks up to him and stops, turns his head, and looks at him.

O'Haire: "So, I take it you're lost in thought."

Spanky: "yeah, what's it to you?"

O'Haire: "I know you, you're that Ring of Honor guy, the pure champion or whatever."

Spanky: "That's right, I'm the biggest star from ROH."

O'Haire: "If you hold the only ROH belt remaining, I'd assume so, but everyone's been raving about that one fellow, Low-Ki I believe it is."

Spanky: "I know. He's got NOTHING on me! I'm Pure champion, not him."

O'Haire: "But you know, next monday, if he wins his match, he'll get to fight for the television title at Clash of the Champions. You're not even booked for the clash, are you?"

Spanky: "Well no. You know what Sean, thank you for enlightening me. I'm not going to live in the shadow of anyone. Hell, I'm the ring of honor leader. Do you know who I was trained by?"

O'Haire: "Oh, I know who you were trained by, I know all about you. I like you kid, you've got something to you, something that Low-Ki or any of those guys don't have. It's good to know that maybe, just maybe, there's someone in this braindead world that appreciates the way I see things."

Spanky: "Oh, I definitely do Sean. Thank, I'm going to go do something about it right now!"

Spanky picks up his Pure title and walks off, leaving Sean standing there. Sean takes off his sunglasses and turns his head, giving off an evil grin.

<0:76% Spanky gained overness from this segment. >

7. Team Canada (Petey Williams and Bobby Roode) vs The Briscoes (Mark and Jay)

The crowd was pretty dead for this one, as both teams are still relatively new to WCW. Jay and Roode started this one out, Roode getting the advantage, who quickly made the tag to Petey Williams. Williams came in and went wild, connecting on a ddt, legdrop and then applying a cross armbar to Jay. Jay fought back, making the tag to Mark. Mark missed with a clothesline and Williams hit a neckbreaker before going up top and missing an elbowdrop. Mark went on the offensive with a fishermans suplex that got a two count. Tag made to Jay who delivers a couple shots to Williams before connecting on a russian legsweep. Jay misses with a legdrop, and Williams makes the tag to Roode, who comes in like a house of fire with lariats all around the board to Mark and Jay. CANADIAN BOMB TO JAY!!! Mark goes to make the tag, but Petey catches him before he can breakup the pin. After the match, Petey brings a canadian flag into the ring and holds up as the two salute it, getting some boo's from the crowd.

WINNERS: Team Canada

<M:84% C:45% O:64%>

8. Peep Nation.

We see Christian come on the tron and the crowd pops.

Christian: "So it seems as though I may have let the peep nation down. Raven may have managed to defeat me at Superbrawl, but rest assured, the Captain has his eyes set on the prize, and my time will come. But tonight, tonight I have a shot at the Television title. And who better to hold the television title then me, the only man worth watching in WCW, Captain Charisma himself. And tongiht, after I beat CM Punk, I'll move onto the next round, and then I'll win the title at The Clash of the Champions! "

<0:89%>

9. CM Punk vs Christian, TV Title tourney round 1

Both superstars get an absolutely phenominal response. Collar and elbow tieup in the early going and CM takes control with a kneelift. CM loses control as Christian reverses an armringer with one of his own. Chops by Christian send CM into the corner. Christian goes to deliver 10 punches in the corner, but CM delivers a powerbomb and surprisingly, puts his feet on the ropes during the pinfall. Christian breaks out and CM puts him in a headlock. Christian shoots him into the ropes and delivers a back body drop and then a bodyslam before going to the top. Christian connects on the cross body, but CM rolls through and gets a two count. Pepsi twist by Punk, and he goes to the top, looking for a moonsault. Christian gets up and crotches him, before putting him in the tree of woe. Running knee lift by CM into the stomach. Christian goes for a pin, but CM breaks out at two. Inverted facelock backbreaker gets another two as CM puts his foot on the ropes.

Irish whip by Christian, but CM responds with a tornado DDT! Both superstars stay down while the ref gets to an 8 count before both get to their feet and exchange blows. CM gains the upperhand and hits the devils lock DDT. CM runs to the ropes, CROOKED LEGGED MOONSAULT! 1-2-Kickout. CM Picks him up, but christian fights back and goes behind, INVERTED DDT! 1-2-Kickout. Christian picks him up and goes for the unprettier, CM shoves him into the ropes, Christian comes running back, PINNING FRANKENSTEINER! 1-2-3 and CM with a surprise pinfall victory.! CM celebrates in the ring as the crowd cheers, he'll be facing Siaki in the next round while Steven Richards will face off against Low-Ki! This monday!

WINNER: CM PUNK

<M:100% C:77% O:88%>

10. The Leader speaks

We see Raven sitting in a dark room, hands folded, and it's apparent he's deep in thought.

Raven: "Fate, it's the darndest thing. Fate can lead you to victory, or it can lead you to misery. As fate would have it Colt Cabana, we both won our matches at Superbrawl. And this Monday, the reprocussions of your victory have allowed you to have a shot against my US Title next Monday. Here's my question to you. If we both won our matches, how come you're rewarded, and not me? Shouldn't I be the one getting the heavyweight title shot at clash of the champions? I defeated TWO men, two men who are two of the best competitors in WCW. Granted, they're not as good as me, but then again, no one is.

Colt Cabana, they call you the funny man. Your childlike humor and antics blended with your heel antics give the crowd a bittersweet feeling towards you. But me? I am the hated, the fans chant in unison when they boo me. I am the unwanted, and they hate it. So why should I huh? Why should I defend my title against someone who I feel is, isn't even in my league? Colt Cabana, this Monday, I'll show you exactly why I am the leader of the flock, why a group just like me, a group of unwanted, unrespected warriors follow my words. I effec them in ways you'lle never know. And This Monday, I'll give you an effect to remember. Quote the Raven, nevermore."

<0:88%>

11. Eddie Guerrero vs Booker T

A great main even here for Thunder, a classic face vs classic heel. Book got a great response, where Eddie got all boo's. Collar and elbow but instead of hooking up, Eddie kicks Booker in the stomach to take control of the match. Right hands by Guerrero, who whips Booker off the ropes, back body drop connects, and then a dropkick which sends book to the outside. Book regroups before getting back in the ring. Collar and elbow and Book backs Guerrero into the corner. The ref callls for the clean break, but instead, Book delivers thunderous chops to the chest. Irish whip into the other corner and Book comes charging, connecting on a clothesline. Book  with a vertical suplex and gets a two count. Irish whip by Book and Eddie ducks the spinning heel kick and takes Book to the ground with a double legged takedown. Kick to the inside groin and Eddie has grounded booker. Leg grapevine and Book is yelling in pain, but gets to the ropes. Book climbs his way to his feet by using the ropes, but Eddie takes his shots in him on the way up. Irish whip by Guerrero, Book ducks the clothesline and comes back with a flying axehandle. Spinaroonie by Booker T, who's feeling it.

Eddie gets to his feet, Side kick connects! Booker goes to the top rope, missle dropkick connects! Book's sensing victory. He waits for Eddie to get to his feet, SCISSORS KICK MISSES. kick to the gut by Eddie and the three amigos connect. Eddie goes to the top rope, FROG SPLASH MISSES! Eddie gets to his feet in pain, Book hooks him for the Bookend, but Eddie with an elbow to the head. Irish whip by Eddie, Book reverses and puts the head down, DDT by Guerrero! Guerrero goes up top, FROGSPLASH CONNECTS! 1-2-3 and Guerrero wins this one! Eddie delivers a couple more shots to Book before climbing onto the turnbuckle and celebrating his win as if he just won the world series

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero

<M:73% C:85% O:81% Booker T lost overness from this match. Eddie Guerrero gained overness from this match. >

Meltzer: "What a night it's been, we've got our final four in the television title tournament and things are heating up as we're on the road to the clash! Good night ladies and gentlemen!

SHOW RATING: 74%

Edited by Disengager

user posted image

WCW Monday Nitro

Monday, March 6th, 2006

Meltzer: "Hello everyone and welcome to Nitro. Tonight, the TV Title semi finals get underway, as CM Punk takes on Sonny Siaki, and Steven Richards battles LOW-KI!"

Coach: "In addition to that, what a great main event we have in store as Raven wrestles HERE TONIGHT on Nitro! He'll defend the US Title against Colt Cabana!"

"BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!!!!!!!!" And Jericho's pyro goes off with a bang as the champ makes his way out to a thunderous ovation of boo's to kick off the show. Jericho obviously is in a sour mood as he doesn't even bother posing, and rips the mic away from the ring announcer.

Y2J: "Last week, that Jackass Steve Austin tried to embarrass me. He tried to make me look like a fool. He made me punch cakes and cautiously open that huge present, only to attack me disguised as a referee. Well Austin, if you want to go ahead and play your little mumbo jumbo head games, that's fine. Y2J is a big boy, he can play mindgames as well. Do you actually think that you can defeat me junior? Do you? Steve Austin, I beat you last month, I beat you to become the first ever Undisputed Heavyweight champion, and at Clash of the champions, I'll do the same, because I am, The living legend, the highlight of the night, and your world heavyweight champion for almost a half of year running, I am Chris Jericho, rockstar, champion, and King of the World.

But I'm sure you know who I am, hell, I'm the guy who has the one thing that you want, the world heavyweight title. But I have more then that Steve Austin, I have these lucious blonde locks that you could never, evvvvvvver grow, an overpowering charismatic image, a list of magazine covers and front page newspaper headlines that goes on for miles, and above all, unrivaled talent when I step through these ropes. And you Austin, you don't even have b***s to face me man to man! You have to dress up like a referee and attack Y2J unknowingly. Well Junior, I'm calling you out! Get your.."

GLASS SHATTERS! And out comes Stonecold walking with a purpose as the crowd goes nuts. Austin stands toe to toe with Chris Jericho and grabs the microphone.

Austin: "I'm standing by in the back, listening to you flap your gums about how your a rockstar, a legend, blah blah blah king of the world. And I thought to myself, "Hey, that man could save a lot of time if he just got to the point and summed up everything in one word, JACKASS!" You stand out here, wasting everyones time, rambling on about how great you are, and then you say that I don't have the b***s to you face to face? Well son, Here I am, face to face, man to man, state your peace or get out of my face you son of a bitch!"

Jericho: "Austin, give me one good reason why I shouldn't take you out of the match right now and cripple your ass?"

Austin: "I'll give you a few good reasons right now!"

Austin drops the mic and hits right hands on Jericho, Jericho retaliates and the two fall to the mat as Jericho has Austin in a headlock. All of a sudden, security, road agents and referee's starting running down the ramp as Bischoff comes out microphone in hand.

Bischoff: "Whoa whoa whoa whoa, break it up you two, break it up. Damnit, I said break it up. "

Austin and Jericho get held back by the security that has hit the ring.

Bischoff: "There's no way in hell I'm going to let you two go at it tonight, you can forget about it. The last thing I need is one of you injured and not able to compete at the clash of the champions. At the Clash, you two can go ahead and beat the hell out of each other, but not tonight or wednesday night, or Next Monday, or any day for all I'm concerned. Austin, if you even go so far as to touch Chris Jericho, I'll revoke your title shot and give it to the next man in line. And Chris Jericho, if you touch Steve Austin, I'll strip you of that world title! Now you two can knock it off, or face the consequences."

The crowd boo's as Austin and Jericho, who are divided by a crew of refs and officials jaw at one another in the ring.

<0:90%>

<=:=><=:=>Commercial Break<=:=><=:=>

RUCKUS© VS THE AMAZING RED, Cruiserweight title match

Red comes out and gets good ovation from the crowd, as he's representing The trio of the Spanish Uprising. Ruckus is out next, title belt around his neck, and gets a great response from the crowd. Both superstars are in the ring and the bell sounds. Collar and elbow tieup and Ruckus with an irish whip on Red, who goes through the legs and delivers a dropkick to the back of Ruckus. Ruckus takes a few steps back as he reels from that. Red comes running at him, but Ruckus elevates him up in the air, Red lands on the top rope and jumps off, connecting on a twisting moonsault as he takes Ruckus down and makes the cover, getting an early two. Red with lightning reflexes snapmares Ruckus over and hits the ropes before hitting a running bulldog to a seated Ruckus that snapped his neck forward. Red with a dropkick to the chest of the seated Ruckus and he makes another pin, only getting a two. Punches by red and an irish whip that gets reversed, but spinning sidewalk slam by Ruckus. Ruckus goes to the top rope, but Rey crotches him and goes up top, looking for a frankensteiner, but Ruckus held on and delivered a sickening top rope sitout powerbomb that only gets two. Ruckus with a standing moonsault press and gets a two count.

Ruckus picks up red and delivers a bodyslam. He bounces off the ropes and connects with the running legdrop for another two. Pickup and an irish whip, Red retaliates with a round and round and round headscissors. Both superstars are laying on the ground now in exhaustion. Both get to their feet and exchange blows, Ruckus ducks a clothesline, Spinning heel kick!! Ruckus says it's over and begans to head to the top rope, but someone jumped the guardrail.

Meltzer: "That's, that's... That's Psychosis!!"

Coach: "What the hell is he doing here?

Meltzer: "Why the hell is he even here?"

Psychosis gets on the apron and shoves Ruckus off the top rope, and he does a flip before landing backfirst. The ref calls for the bell, but Pyschosis doesn't care. He climbs to the top rope and the ref tells him not to, but Psychosis comes off the top with a Guillotine Leg Drop onto Ruckus! At this time, the other two members of Spanish uprising, Rey and Juvi, hit the ring as well.

WINNER: Ruckus (by dq)

<M:96% C:76% O:86%>

And we have a 4 on 1 mugging of our cruiserweight champion as the crowd boo's. They all stomp away at Ruckus until Juvi finally picks him up, JUVI DRIVER! Red is still a little confused as to what's going on, especially since Psychosis cost him his shot at the title, but he continues to attack Ruckus. Red and Juvi set ruckus on the ropes and Rey is gonna dial up a 619. All of a sudden, Homicide and Skipper come running down the ramp to stop the attack on one of their fellow stablemates. The Spanish uprising quickly scatter out of the ring and regroup on the outside as Homicide and Skipper keep them at bay, but the damage has already been done to Ruckus.

<0:67% Rey Mysterio lost overness from this segment. Ruckus lost overness from this segment. Rey Mysterio's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Rey Mysterio gained overness from this turn. Juventud Guerrera's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Juventud Guerrera gained overness from this turn. >

We go backstage, where we see Low-Ki warming up for his match later tonight. He's throwing kicks and punches and looks intensely in the zone. All of a sudden, Sean O'Haire walks up behind him and laughs. Low-Ki turns around as he's going to attack.

O'Haire: "Easy there bucko. I'm not looking for a fight. So you're Low-Ki huh? The guy they herald as one of wrestling's brightest young stars? The guy who nearly single handedly defeated WCW as superbrawl all on his own?"

Low-Ki: "That's right, so?"

O'Haire: "So if you're one of wrestling's brightest young stars, let me ask you this. Why aren't you the leader of this little Ring of Honor rebellion and not Spanky is?"

Low-Ki: "Hell I dunno, don't care either. I let him do his own thing, all you're doing is stirring up trouble. I aint got nothing against the boy,"

O'Haire: "I'm not trying to do anything Ki, rest assured. I'm not out to stir the pot. Hey, if you're cool with playing second fiddle to the guy who holds the only ROH title left in existance, fine with me. I mean, why should I give a damn if everyone considers him the best wrestler to be apart of the ROH invasion. I mean, he was trained by, well, you know"

Low-Ki: "Oh I know, and people can talk all they want, but that don't mean nothin! After I defeat Stevie Richards tonight, I'll go on, and I'll become a champion at the Clash of the Champions, a better champion then Spanky could ever be!"

O'Haire: "I'll look forward to seeing that, I wouldn't expect anything less from you Low-Ki, after all, you are the man. Just watch your back, you never know what that kid is up to!"

O'Haire smiles and puts his glasses back on, walking off, leaving Low-Ki standing there thinking about what he said as he tries to refocus on his workout.

<0:68%>

We come back and see Foley and Bischoff sitting in Eric's office, both laughing as Mick just told a joke. It looks like they're trying to take care of some business, when all of a sudden, Christian comes barging into Eric's office, angry about something.

Christian: "Mr. Bischoff, Commissioner Foley, what the hell is this crap? I come to the arena tonight because I'm told I have a match, and then I find out that I've been bumped off of TV to make room for an interview with EDGE? Of all people, EDGE! No one wants to hear from that wifestealer, that scum."

Mick: "Whoaaaaaaaa there Christian, slowdown. You're talking so fast I should give you a speeding ticket! Ha Ha, now that's a pretty good one!"

Eric: "Ha ha, Mick, you crack me up!"

Christian: "I don't think it's very funny AT ALL! Eric, you need to stop denying these fans, the peep nation, what they want to see, and that's Captain Charisma himself, Christian!"

Eric: "Well Mick, what do you think? Think we should be mean authority figures and book him in a handicap match against Big Vito and Whiskey Marc?"

Mick: "Nah, I like the little bass...err, I mean, the guy. I think we should give him a US Title shot at The Clash of the champions?

Eric: "Huh?"

Christian: "Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Commissioner Foley, Thank you, I'll be sure not to let you, or the peep nation down!"

Christian has a big smile on his face as he walks out of the room.

Eric: "Why the hell did you just give him that match?"

Mick: "Well Eric, the way I see it, guys like Christian, it's better to just give them what they want then have to listen to them cry like a little bitch week in and week out."

Eric: "Touche', good thinking"

<0:79%>

We move now to a different part of the backstage, where we see Eugene and William Regal! Regal's chest and arms have little red dots on them, the result of Eugene going nuts with that paintball gun!

Regal: "Well I'll say Eugene, you really did a number on me. I hope you learned your lesson!"

Eugene: "I'm sorry Mr. Regal."

Regal: "Atta boy Eugene."

All of a sudden, the tag team champions, Chris Harris and James Storm emerge from double doors, tag titles around their shoulders, with Miss Stacy in front of them. Eugene smiles at Miss Stacy, and she smiles back.

Eugene: "Hello!!!"

Miss Stacy: "Well Hi there Eugene, how are you today?"

Eugene:"Ok."

Eugene looks up and see's the cowboy hat off Chris Harris. He instantly reaches for it, and Harris slaps his hand away.

Miss Stacy: "Chris! just let him see your hat."

Harris: "Aint no one gonna take this cowboy's hat off his head."

Regal: "I assure you he meant no disrespect Mr. Harris, He's a very hands-on type of man."

Storm: "Well tell him to keep his grubby paws off of us, we're the tag team champions, we expect to be treated with a little more class."

Regal: "Well Sunshine, we all can't get what we want now can we?"

Harris: "What the hell does that suppose to mean?"

Regal: "All my partner Eugene wanted to do was admire your fine cowboy hat, but now you've gone and created a scene haven't you? It'd be wise if you two just left, before I get hands-on around your neck."

Storm: "Is that a challenge Regal?"

Regal: "Maybe it is, what are you going to do about it, give us a non-title match?"

Storm: "You know what old man, you and your stupid partner over there can have a shot at our tag team titles. This Wednesday, on Thunder! You want it, you got it."

Eugene: "We're going to be tag team champions William!"

Regal: "We bloody well may, chap"

Storm and Harris give Regal a dirty look before walking off. Miss Stacy seems a bit distraught over the whole confrontation, and Eugene, well, he's oblivious to what just happened!

<0:73%>

Steven Richards vs Low-Ki, TV Title tourny Semi Finals

Richards makes his way to the ring with Lodi and Mikey Whipwreck as the crowd boo's. Low-Ki comes out next and gets a pretty good ovation from the crowd. Richards goes to tie up, but Low-Ki delivers a kick right to the ribs to take control. Kick fury by Low-Ki as Richards does anything and everything he can to cover up, finally hitting the ground and covering his head. Low Ki tees off on Richards, hitting a big running punt to the ribs and Richards rolls to the outside in pain. While Lodi and Whipwreck go to comfort him, Low-Ki climbs to the top rope, Corkscrew moonsault takes down all 3 of them! Ki rolls Richards back inside applies a body scissors dragon sleeper to Richards. Richards does everything in his power to get out, finally getting to his feet and ramming Ki back first into the corner. Richards turns around and delivers some shots of his own Ki. Richards grabs his head and goes for a tornado DDT, but lands on his feet as Ki wouldn't hit the ground, Northern lights by Ki! 1-2-Kickout. Low-Ki is making Richards look weak here as he goes right back on the offensive with an enziguri that took Richards to the mat. Ki goes to the top rope, Double stomp misses and Richards gets to his feet, only to be hit with a double chop that sends him to the ground. Standing moonsault press by Ki, but Richards grabs the ropes on the pinfall.

Ki picks up Stevie, but Stevie pokes him in the eyes. Richards with an irish whip and puts his head down, Ki stops and delivers thunderous knees to the head! One final running knee lift and Lodi gets on the apron, distracting the ref. Whipwreck hits the ring behind Low-Ki, and here comes Spanky running down the ramp! Spanky hits the ring behind Whipwreck. Dropkick to the back of Whipwreck, who goes stumbling forward into Low-Ki! Low-ki stumbles forward and Richards rolls him up, 1-2-3 as Low-Ki was off balance couldn't break out of the pin. After the pinfall, Ki immediately gets to his feet and goes to attack Richards, but Richards rolls out of the ring and consoles with Lodi as Whipwreck has now rolled out of the ring. Low-Ki turns around, and who does he see.. Spanky! Spanky tries to explain things, but Ki is furious. He walks towards Spanky, and Spanky immediately leaves the ring. Ki throws a temper tantrum in the ring, as he had this one all but won.Richards gets helped to the back by Whipwreck and Lodi, he's weaseled his way into the finals!

WINNER: Steven Richards

<M:83% C:75% O:79%>

We go backstage and see Eddie Guerrero and Konnan

Eddie: "Holmes, did you see me last Wednesday? I dominated Booker T!"

Konnan: "Oh I saw Eddie, I saw, you made him look like a chump!"

Eddie: "Yeah amigo, I did! Eddie Guerrero is on a roll amigo! First CM Punk, then Booker T!"

All of a sudden, Booker T emerges from behind a wall, he had been listening the whole time.

Booker: "Eddie, you little Punk bitch, you got lucky dawg, you got lucky."

Eddie: "Oh I got lucky vato? I beat you 1-2-3 in the center of the ring! aint that right Konnan?"

Konnan: "I saw it with my own two eyes essay."

Booker: "Alright, alright, I see how it is. Eddie, this aint over dog."

Eddie: "You know what Booker, I have an idea vato. Why don't, you find a partner essay, and next week, we'll have ourselves a tag team match!"

Booker: "Aight, I can dig that. You may have got lucky once, but as they say dog, thunder don't strike in the same place twice."

Book walks off, and Eddie goes back to bragging to Konnan.

<0:86% Konnan gained overness from this segment. Eddie Guerrero gained overness from this segment. >

CM Punk vs Sonny Siaki, television title tournament Semi Finals.

Both superstars getting roaring responses, Punk just a little moreso then Siaki. Collar and elbow tieup as both men jockey for position, neither getting an advantage and we have a clean break as they worked their way into the corner. Test of stregnth now and CM gains the edge and kicks Siaki in the stomach. Armringer by punk and he turns it into an armbar as he wrenches the arm. Siaki gets back to a standing base and shoots Punk off the ropes and puts his head down, back body drop, but Punk landed on his feet and runs towards the ropes, BIG CLOTHESLINE by Siaki! early cover only gets a two count and Siaki puts him in a headlock. Punk gets back to his feet and snapmares Siaki over his shoulder and applies a rear waistlock. German suplex, but now it's Siaki landing on his feet and going behind Punk with a rear waistlock. Punk runs towards the ropes and grabs them, sending Siaki flying backwards. Siaki charges Punk, but he back body drops Siaki out of the ring. CM hits the ropes and goes through the ropes with a suicide dive onto Siaki! CM stands on the apron and waits for Siaki to get to his feet.. Hurricanrana! CM rolls Siaki into the ring and goes to the top rope, Moonsault connects! 1-2-kickout.

Irish whip by Punk, reversed by Siaki, POWERSLAM! Siaki with kicks to a fallen CM as he gets to his feet, Swinging neckbreaker by Siaki! 1-2-Kickout. Siaki picks him up, russian legsweep connects and Siaki goes up top, Punk gets to his feet, Missle dropkick misses as CM swats him away. CM picks up Siaki, PEPSI TWIST! CM locks him in the devils lock submission and Siaki yells out in pain, overselling the move, Rocky would be proud! Siaki gets to the ropes and punk breaks the hold. Siaki to his feet, leg lariat by Punk and he runs to the corner, Crooked Legged Moonsault misses! Siaki picks him up and delivers right hands before hitting the ground, Thrust uppercut! Punk stumbles away and turns around and Siaki sets him up for the Siak bottom! Elbow to the head by Punk and he hits the ropes, SPINEBUSTER by Siaki! Siaki's feeling it now and he heads to the top rope, CM reels to get to his feet and crotches him. CM heads up top and Siaki shoves him down once, but he gets right back up to the top and delivers shots to Siaki's back, PEPSI PLUNGE!!! This one's over, 1-2-3 and CM advances to the finals to face Steven Richards!  Punk celebrates his win in the ring and the crowd goes nuts for the guy. Siaki now gets to his feet and is selling the plunge by holding his head. He walks up to CM and the two shake hands briefly before Siaki leaves the ring, leaving CM to soak up the glory of the win.

WINNER: CM Punk

<M:100% C:84% O:92%>

Backstage, Mean Gene is standing by with Edge.

Mean Gene: "Two weaks ago Edge, you defeated Matt Hardy in a tables match.."

Edge: "Yeah, you're damn right I did Mean Gene. You know what that makes me against Matt Hardy at Pay per views? 2 and 0 against Matt Hardy in clean victories. Matt has only won against me once at a pay per view, and that was by disqualifiation. And last week, everyone is calling me scared of matt for not showing up at nitro? I had some business to attend to Mean Gene, I don't have time for Matt Hardy. Speaking of Matt, I was throughougly disgusted by what I saw last week. Him and, eww, Maria. Those two sicken me Mean Gene, they Sicken me! And..."

Matt Hardy comes charging at Edge and takes him to the ground. Hardy wails away with right hands to Edges face as Edge can only try to cover up. Road Agents pry Hardy off him, but Hardy takes his parting blows, stomping Edge as they haul him away from Edge.

Matt: "You SON OF A BITCH, This isn't over, this isn't over, I'm gonna hurt you Edge!"

<0:83%>

Colt Cabana vs Raven©, US Title match

Cabana comes out to a split crowd, as they're not exactly sure what to think of Cabana, who's goofy antics get over with the crowd, but he still wrestles against faces. Raven comes out alone and the crowd fills up with boo's as it's obvious Raven doesn't want to be apart of this match. Raven sits in the corner as his theme plays throughout the darkened arena. Raven gets to his feet as the lights go on and the bell sounds. Cabana extends his hand to Raven in a show of sportsman ship, and Raven looks like he's going to shake it, but instead he kicks him in the stomach to start off the match. Right hands by Raven put Cabana down on one knee. Raven delivers stiff shots right to the face and Cabana is busted open early in the affair. Pickup and a scoopslam by Raven and he hits the ropes, Elbow drop misses as Cabana rolls out of the way. Raven gets to his feet and goes for another elbow, but Cabana rolls against. Cabana to his feet as Raven holds the elbow. Cabana with an armringer and he jumps up and down with the elbow before wrenching it again. Poke to the eyes by Raven and a kick to the stomach. He goes for the Raven effect early, but Cabana is able to run him backwards into the corner. Cabana with right hands to Raven and he sets him up in the corner. Cabana backs off and goes charging, Running butt bumps misses as Raven moves out of the way. Irish whip to the other corner by Raven and he follows it up with a clothesline then bulldog combo that gets a two.

Headlock by Raven, but Cabana gets to his feet and connects on the back suplex. Cabana goes to the top rope and Raven crotches him and puts him in the tree of woe and kicks him in the chest a couple of times, runnindg dropkick by Raven! Raven unhooks the feet and goes for the cover, 1-2-Kickout. Raven picks him up and delivers a vertical suplex and goes to the top rope, but Cabana bounces back to his feet and runs to the top turnbuckle and delivers an overhead belly to belly! Shades of Kurt angle with that one as both competitors lay on the ground. Cabana gets to his feet and goes up top, MOONSAULT CONNECTS! 1-2-Raven puts his foot on the bottom rope! Cabana picks up Raven and puts him in a bearhug..DDT! Cabana goes to the second rope, Snap legdrop misses! Raven picks up Cabana, irish whip, Cabana reverses, Raven ducks the clothesline, SUPERKICK! Raven falls to the ground and wastes a little time before making the pin, 1-2-NO! Cabana kicks out at the last second. Cabana and Raven exchange blows in the middle of the ring, kneelift by Cabana and an irish whip, Raven reverses, Drop toe Hold! Raven locks in a boston crab like submission, Cabana gets to the ropes and Raven breaks the hold after a 4 count from the official.

Raven picks up Cabana, and cabana fights back with right hands and goes to kick Raven in the gut, Raven grabs the leg, ENZIGURI by Cabana! Cabana picks up Raven and calls for it, COLT 45 CONNECTS! Here comes the flock running down the ramp in full force.

Meltzer: "Damnit, these guys interfere in every match, they're going to cost Cabana the title!"

Uppercut to Lodi sends him to the ground, Tajiri goes to kick Cabana, T-Bone Suplex! Whipwreck goes for an ace crusher, but Cabana shoves him right into Richards! Cabana with a clothesline on Kidman, he's cleared the ring! He turns around, Raven grabs him for the RAVEN EFFECT... CABANA COUNTERS WITH A NORTHERN LIGHTS!! 1...2..3.. AND CABANA WINS IT AND HIGHTAILS IT OUT OF THE RING! Raven looks to be in utter shock as the ref hands Cabana the title as Cabana has finally captured gold here in WCW! Cabana holds the title up in the air on the ramp and the fans come around, as Raven has been dethroned as champion! Raven is throwing a fit in the ring as the flock tries to console him, but he'll have none of it as he kicks the ropes and throws a babyfit.

WINNER: COLT CABANA

<M:80% C:67% O:73% The WCW United States title has lost image. >

Meltzer: "We have a new United States champion in Colt Cabana! What a night it's been! Folks, see you next week!"

SHOW RATING: 77%

Im highly against a top title changing that quickly. I also am highly against raven not being that champion, lol. What can i say though a great show, and suprising for that factor. I also give you a lot of credit for the way you are pushing O Haire. All theese conversations backstage are really helping his charictor out.

I know a lot of people here are big Raven fans, me being one of them. There were A couple factors in Raven losing the belt.

1. I don't like a non-wrestler holding a title that has an image of 90 (Raven turned non-wrestler last July or August gametime)

2. Cabana's character has been coming up with big wins in the clutch (CM in 2/3 falls, Steiner at Superbrawl, etc). I now realize I haven't specified this part of his character enough.

Everything happens for a reason. I don't just allow random title changes or give guys titles to establish them. I mean, sure, I've had Christian, Booker T, Steiner, Edge, Raven , etc etc as US/World title contenders, I felt it was time to elevate someone else to that status. You'lle see soon enough. :devil:

I liked Cabana winning the Title. As much as I like Raven, he really doesn't have that much to offer anymore...he should be used to elevated talent in this case. His skills aren't that great, and they're only getting worse. Cabana, on the other hand, is only getting better.

I liked Cabana winning the Title. As much as I like Raven, he really doesn't have that much to offer anymore...he should be used to elevated talent in this case. His skills aren't that great, and they're only getting worse. Cabana, on the other hand, is only getting better.

user posted image

Wednesday, March 8th, 2006

- RATINGS -

Primetime:

WWE - 6.02

WCW - 5.48

ECW - 5.48

So ECW and WCW Deadlock yet again. This is definitely getting interesting. On another note, last week's thunder did a 2.75 on the ratings chart.

Amazing Red - moving up

The Amazing Red will be moving for midcard to uppermidcard following the recent use of his character in the new stable, The Spanish Uprising.

Ruckus - Also moving up

Also making a much anticipated and expected roster bump is cruiserweight champion Ruckus. Many say that it's about time, as he's definitely been hot with the fans, even as a heel.

WAR!

WCW and ECW have yet again found themselves in another 1 week war. ECW currently sits at 11 PI, where WCW sits at 20.

user posted image

WCW THUNDER

Wednesday, March 8th, 2005

1. That's not very Noble of them..

James Gibson makes his way down to the ring to kick off the show as Brain and Meltzer welcome us to the broadcast. Gibson looks to be in great form as he's preparing for his match in the ring. All of a sudden, The Flock's music hits, and out they come. Meltzer informs us that they're not scheduled to be out here. The flock circle the ring, Raven shouting orders. Like a pack of dogs, they all hit the ring at once and simply outman Gibson. Kidman, Lodi, Richards, Whipwreck and Tajiri all attack Gibson while Sinister Minister, Torrie and Raven look on. After the beatdown, Richards throws Gibson out of the ring. Raven gets in the ring and grabs a microphone, he looks pissed.

Raven: "Two days ago, the biggest injustice in the legacy that is my career occured. I lost the United States title.. TO A COMEDY CHARACTER. Well Colt Cabana, you don't see me laughing, now do you? You caught me off guard, you caught the flock off guard. Perhaps I made the mistake though, I misjudged you. Who honestly expected Colt Cabana to come out strong for that match. I defeat Christian and Booker T in a triple threat match 2 and a half weeks ago, only to lose to someone like..Colt Cabana? Rest assured Cabana, you haven't seen the last of the flock.

The last few weeks, well they haven't been the greatest for the Flock. But let's look at the circumstances. It took four heathens to defeat Billy Kidman for his Cruiserweight title. And Sinister Creation, well, they defeated 2 teams in one night, only to fall to the tag team champions due to exhaustion. And then to top it all off, as if it wasn't bad enough, I lose to Colt Cabana. But rest assured, there has been one shining star in  the Flock in recent weeks, and that man is Steven Richards! And next Sunday, at the Clash of the Champions, he's going to defeat CM Punk for that television title, and he will bring, no, I DEMAND he brings gold back to the flock. Quote the Raven, Nevermore!"

Raven throws down the microphone and the flock leave the ring, obviously in a bad mood.

<0:77% James Gibson gained overness from this segmen.t >

2. Petey Williams vs Air Paris

Williams gets heat as he's dressed in Canadian attire. The crowd is silent for Air Paris. Great match here that saw the two competitors go back and forth in the affair. Paris thought he had won it with a victory roll, but Wiliams managed to escape. Petey countered the tilt-a-whirl backbreaker by landing on his feet and delivering a russian leg sweep that got a two count. Paris looked good in the late going of the match, connecting on a flying wheel kick. He went of top for the cross body, but Petey rolled through to get a two count. The finish saw Petey Hitting an absolutely stunning Canadian destroyer for the obvious 3 count and celebrating with a canadian flag draped across his shoulders on the top rope.

WINNER: PETEY WILLIAMS

<M:88% C:44% O:66%>

3. Deception in the ranks

Spanky is sitting backstage, listening to his Ipod, Pure title by his side. All of a sudden, Low-Ki comes walking up to him.

Low-Ki: "What the hell was that all about this monday?"

Spanky: "What, I was just trying to help you?"

Low-Ki: "By doing what? Costing me a shot at the television title?"

Spanky: "I didn't cost you anything, you were gonna get attacked by Whipwreck!"

Low-Ki: "Listen to me Spanky, I'm not sure what the hell this whole jealousy issue that's going on with you is, and to be quite honest, I don't care either. Just hear this, I can handle myself in that ring, don't ever interfere on my behalf again."

Spanky: "Jealousy issue? Why would I be jealous of you?"

Low-Ki: "A belt doesn't mean anything Spanky, just remember that."

Spanky: "What the hell is that suppose to mean? Do you know what this belt means? It means I'm a champion, and you're not. I've been hearing things Ki, People are telling me that you think you're better then me."

Low-Ki: "I've been hearing things too, I've been hearing that I better watch my back, because someone might be stabbing it any day now!"

Ki walks away, leaving Spanky with a smirk on his face as he puts his headphones back on.

<0:80% Spanky gained overness from this segment. >

4. The Carnage Crew (HC-Loc and Tony Devito) vs The Backseat Boyz

A great tag team affair between two up and coming tag teams here in WCW. Neither got much of a response from the crowd, but they livened up once the action started. Early in the contest, Devito caught Acid trying a cross body and connected on a huge fallaway slam that send Acid rooling to the outside. Kashmere came in, but he was the victim of a press slam by Devito with a gutbuster right onto the knee of HC-Loc. Distracted, Acid managed to get back on the apron and connect on a springboard legdrop that took Devito down. Kashmere and Acid connected on a double suplex onto HC-Loc later in the match, but it only got a two. From there, it was all downhill as the Carnage Crew were just too tough for the Backseat boyz, as Devito and HC-Loc took Kashmere and Acid's heads off with a Boot to the face and a lariat at nearly the same time. Swinging backdrop suplex gets Devito the pin on Kashmere as the fans came around, enjoying the violence in this one.

Winners: HC-Loc and Tony Devito

<M:95% C:58% O:76%>

5. Chris Sabin vs Jack Evans

Evans came out with Stacy and Aries, who obviously wanted a "closer look" at this one, although Aries and Stacy seemed to be infactuated with each other more then the match. Sabin came out next to a mixed reaction as he looks to defeat the newest member of Generation Next. Before Sabin could even get into the ring, Evans went up and over with a plancha on Sabin to start the match! Evans with a flying headscissors off the apron onto Sabin and he rolls him into the ring, getting an early two. Evans looked good in the early going with an irish whip and a 360 jumping kick to Sabin. Evans went up top and got huge elevation before connecting on a pinning frankensteiner! 1-2-Kickout. Michinoku driver II and Evans goes up top, as Sabin can't mount any offense after Evans attacked him before the match started. Evans misses on a shooting star legdrop and Sabin takes control as Aries takes notice.

Sabin with a leaping enziguri to take Evans to the ground. Sabin with a crucifix sitout powerbomb that gets another two as Sabin thought he had the win. Sabin went with an irish whip, but Evans jumped up onto his shoulders, looking for a hurricanrana. Running Liger bomb by Sabin gets another two as the crowd was stunned he kicked out. Another irish whip by Sabin and Evans jumps onto the second rope and springboards off, landing behind sabin. INVERTED DDT. Evans says it's over and goes up top, 630 MISSES! Sabin picks him up, CRADLE SHOCK!!! 1-2-3 and this one's over, but Aries hits the ring and kicks Sabin while he's down. Aries kicks away at Sabin before picking him up, Brainbuster connects and he tells Jack to go up top, 630 connects! Aries puts Sabin in the rings of Saturn as refs have to pry him off. Sabin may have defeated his third gen next member, but he doesn't look like a winner tonight!

WINNER: CHRIS SABIN

<M:85% C:39% O:62%>

6. Sinister Minister, meet Sean O'Haire

Sinister Minister is backstage, reading some sort of tabloid, you know, the one's that are nothing but fake news. The cover reads, "ALIENS INVADE WISCONSIN". Sean O'Haire walks up to Sinister Minister.

O'Haire: "Hey, don't read into that too much. Everyone knows those are fake."

Minister: "You just don't believe in conspiracies."

O'Haire: "Pal, my whole life is a conspiracy, that's just garbage that gets some writer who nobody wanted a paycheck every week."

Minister: "Watch it O'Haire, you try to play the role of informer, yet all your out to do is cause trouble. You mean nothing to me, shoo shoo, get out of here."

O'haire: "I'm not a dog who will just go away. Perhaps if you want me to leave your yard, you better send one of your dogs after me."

Minister: "Is that a challenge? If so, Tajiri is looking for a fight!"

O'Haire: "Tajiri huh? Pal, tell your client he's about to see things from a different perspective."

<0:75% Sinister Minister gained overness from this segment. >

7. A show of class

Backstage, we see Colt Cabana backstage playing Xbox360. He's yelling obsenities into his headset.

Cabana: "No listen here you little twelve year old, it doesn't matter how many times you fragged me, I'm still the US Champ!....No I won't suck on anything....what the hell does Pwned mean? ....Kid, your a nerd.....that rocket didn't hit me!...That wouldn't happen in real life..."

CM Punk opens the door and comes in. Cabana throws down the controller in frustration and turns around, seeing the Punker. He picks up his US title and puts it on his shoulder

Cabana: "Hey Punk!! How's it going pal?"

CM: "easy on the hospitality Colt, I'm not here to renew friendships.  I'm just here, to say...congradulations."

Cabana: "Well..uh..thanks! I didn't really expect to win gold in WCW before you and all."

CM: "I know, I know, but you know, that's alright, I'll have that television title soon enough. And you know what, it's good to see, you know, one of the boys, with gold around their waist."

Cabana: "uh, it's around my shoulder!"

CM: "You know what I mean. After I win that television title, and IF you're still champ, I think it's time for me and you to hook it up and see who's the better champion."

Cabana: "You know I'm always up for a friendly competition"

CM: "It's not friendly....yet"

Punk and Cabana shake hands before Punk leaves and Cabana goes back to his game. Are we seeing a possible Second City Saints reunion?

<0:86%>

8. Psychosis vs Ruckus, non title match

Pyschosis, the newest member of WCW and the Spanish Uprising, comes out with Juvi and Rey at his side, with Red noticeably absent. Ruckus comes out with Homicide and Skipper, and we already have a volitile situation on the outside. Collar and elbow tieup and Ruckus gains the advantage, sending Psychosis to the corner and delivering hard overhand chops to the chest. Irish whip into the other corner and Ruckus goes for the Razzle Dazzle, but Psychosis moves out of the way. Kick fury in the corner that ends with a spinning back heel kick and Ruckus goes down in the corner. Bronco buster by Pyschosis!

Homicide immediately gets on the apron to yell at Psychosis for the cheap move. Juvi gets on the other side of of the apron and yells back at Homicide! Psychosis picks up Ruckus, snapmare and a dropkick to the back of the head as Psychosis goes to the top rope, top rope legdrop misses! Ruckus hits the ropes, but Rey grabs the leg! Homicide and skipper have seen enough and we have a brawl on the outside between the two teams! Ruckus see's the mess and hits the ropes, CANNONBALL SENTON onto all four men! Ruckus gets involved in the fray and the ref calls for the bell, calling for the no contest. Psychosis goes to the top rope, Corkscrew sommersault Senton takes all five men on the outside down and we have a war on our hands on the outside as Playa Nation and The Spanish Uprising go at it. Finally, security is able to break it up after about a minute as the crowd is definitely into it.

WINNER: -no contest-

<M:87% C:73% O:80%>

9. Scott Steiner ain't no whiner! (ok that was lame).

Mean Gene: "Standing by at this time is Scott Steiner, Scott, I heard you had something to get off your chest."

Steiner: "That's right mean Gene. Scott Steiner hasn't faired too well lately, and the elbow is still bothering me a bit. But I'm not out here to bitch and moan. I'm out here to announce one thing. Next week, Big Poppa Pump is gonna bury the hatchet. You see, Booker T has asked me to be his partner in his match next week against Eddie Guerrero and Konnan, and I've accepted! I have my own agenda however, while Booker's out for revenge, I'm out to test my elbow. But rest assured, that doesn't mean Scott Steiner doesn't want to kick some ass, because that's what the big bad booty daddy is all about, ass kickin. And Eddie Guerrero, be warned, Freakzilla isn't going to go easy on you just because of a sore elbow. And to all the freakazoids out there, Scott Steiner aint gonna half ass nothing. Holla if ya hear me!"

<0:77% Scott Steiner lost overness from this segment. >

10. Sean O'Haire vs Tajiri

O'Haire came out to a very mixed crowd, but Tajiri's was obvious, nothing but heat for the flock member, who made his way out with Sinister Minister and Whipwreck. O'Haire takes early control with a side headlock that then a firemans Carry before applying a very early body scissors submission. Tajiri got to the ropes and O'Haire broke the hold. They look to tie up, but Tajiri with the kick to the stomach. european uppercuts by Tajiri send O'Haire reeling. Irish whip by Tajiri, reversed by O'Haire, HANDSPRRING BACK ELBOW, but O'Haire catches him, TIGER SUPLEX! 1-2-Kickout. O'Haire is looking good here, very technical as he comes down on the leg with a kneedeep after wrenching it. O'Haire with a knee submission that has Tajiri yelling pain. Tajiri makes it to the ropes and O'Haire breaks before delivering a few kicks to a downed Tajiri. Irish whip by  O'haire and he puts his head down, Tajiri with a sunset flip and tries to power him over, but O'Haire grabs his neck and pulls him up, Sinister Minister gets on the apron to distract the ref, MIST!!!!!! O'Haire lets him go and goes to the ropes as he's blinded. Tajiri sets him up, TARANTULA! The ref makes him break the hold and O'Haire falls to the mat. Tajiri out on the apron now and springboards into the ring, Hurricanrana!

1-2-Kickout. Tajiri picks up O'Haire and starts delivering a kick fury to the legs and chest, O'Haire grabs the leg and spins him around, WHEEL KICK! Tajiri calls for it  and sets up, O'Haire ducks the Buzzsaw kick and gets up and rams Tajiri back first into the corner. O'Haire sets Tajiri on the top rope and climbs up top, double underhook suplex connects! Both superstars lay on the mat but O'Haire gets up before Tajiri and delivers a huge standing legdrop. O'Haire goes up top, Whipwreck tries to grab the leg, but O'haire kicks him off, SEANTON BOMB CONNECTS! 1-2-3 and O'haire gets the pinfall. Sinister Minister hits the ring and delivers a shot to the back of O'Haire with the cane. He turns around and looks at Minister, unphased. It looks bad for Minister, but Whipwreck comes from behind and grabs the head, WHIPPERSNAPPER!!! Sinister Creation has left O'haire floored in the ring.

WINNER: Sean O'haire

<M:82% C:62% O:72%>

11. America's Most Wanted © vs William Regal and Eugene, tag team title match

AMW come out without Miss Stacy at their side, she's been against this match since their friendly confrontation turned ugly monday. Eugene and Regal come out to a great response. It looks like it'll be Regal starting out against Harris. Collar and elbow tieup and Regal gains the advantage and hits a snapmare before applying a headlock. Harris quickly counters out and goes with an armringer, but Regal rolls out and wrenches the arm himself and goes behind. Harris with a snapmare and applies a headlock, great technical wrestling in the early going.  Regal gets to his feet and runs around the ring before using Harris's momment against him and throwing him out of the ring. Harris gets back in the ring and tags in Storm. Eugene calls for the tag, and Regal obliges and Eugene claps before getting in the ring. He calls for the test of stregnth, and storm laughs at Eugene before tieing up in the test of stregnth...FREAKISH stregnth by Eugene as he easily wins the test of stregnth and delivers a body slam! Eugene starts to climb to the top rope, but that's a big mistake, as Storm easily throws him off and delivers kicks to the back. Storm picks up Eugene and wrenches the arm and makes the tag to Harris, Harris jumps over the top with an axe handle onto the arm.

Harris with an irish whip on eugene and a back body drop, followed by a body slam as the crowd boo's. 1-2-kickout. Harris picks Eugene up and kicks him the stomach and he curls over. Harris comes off the ropes, looking for a knee lift, but Eugene hits a samoan drop! Both superstars lay on the ground now, Harris makes the tag to storm, and Eugene makes the tag to Regal! Regal in with forearm smashes and an irish whip, lariat! Body slam to Harris. Wraparound neckbreaker to Storm and Regal is feeling it. Hiptoss to Harris right onto storm!  The crowd gets behind Regal as he's come in with all the momentum in the world. Regal picks up Harris and throws him over the top rope. Harris comes running, Armdrag takedown and regal grabs the arm with an armbar! Storm gets to the ropes and Regal breaks the hold, but Storm rolls out of the ring. Harris has already grabbed the tag titles and the tag champs are leaving! They shrug off Regal and Eugene, leaving them in the ring and head up the ramp. Miss Stacy comes from the back and yells at them to get back into the ring, but it's too late, THE REF HAS COUNTED THE TAG CHAMPS OUT! The crowd boo's, but cheer as Eugene and Regal are declared the winners. Eugene is excited he even heard his name, but Regal is frustrated clearly, as he was so close to winning the titles. Perhaps another day though, as this one looks to get interesting.

WINNERS: Eugene and William Regal (by count out)

<M:80% C:72% O:76%>

Meltzer: "A disappointing finish to a great night. Folks, you have to catch Nitro! This Monday, we're less then 2 weeks from the weekend specticle that is The Clash of the Champions! Goodnight!"

SHOW RATING: 73%

user posted image

WCW Monday Nitro

Monday, March 13th, 2006

Glass shatters and out comes Steve Austin before Meltzer can even welcome us to the broadcast! The crowd goes wild as Austin makes his way to the ring and poses on the turnbuckles before grabbing the microphone.

Austin: "I'm looking for a man, maybe one of your can tell me if you seen him. He's a short little bastard, sawed off, about 6 foot, weights about, 210 pounds dripping wet, has bitch blonde hair and a stupid little goatee to go with it. He wears a leather jacket and tight leather pants and calls himself the king of the world. He's a Jerk, he's pathetic, he's an asshole! His name is right at the tip of my tounge, Christian, Crispin, Chris Kanyon, no, Chris Benoit, no, Chris..Chris...Chris... the man's name is Chris Jericho, and this sunday, it won't matter what his name is after I defeat that son of a bitch for the heavyweight championship. Chris Jericho parades around here like he's the greatest thing to every happen to wrestling. He claims he killed Hulkamania, he claims he's the king of the world. Well I claim that this Sunday, he's going to be one sorry son of a bitch. And as far as Eric Bischoff is concerned, you can be the special enforcer, the guest time keeper, the guest ring announcer, whatever the hell you want, as far as I'm concerned, you stay out of my business, and Stone Cold will stay out of yours. Now..."

"BREAK THE WALLS DOWNNN!!!" Hits and Chris Jericho comes out, interrupting Austin's speech. Jericho poses with the world title on the entrance ramp before walking down and getting right in the ring, staring right at Austin. Jericho reaches for a microphone that the ring announcer hands him.

Jericho: "Would you please, SHUT THE HELLLLLL UP. I'm not out here to talk Austin, I'm out here to fight. So come on, HIT ME!!!!!!! HIT ME!!!!!! HIT ME YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!"

Jericho is tempting Austin to hit him so he'll be out of the match this Sunday! Eric Bischoff barred these two from touching one another until the Clash. Austin looks down at the ground.

Jericho: "Yeah, that's right Austin, you can't. BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE B***S"

Austin raises his fist to Jericho and the crowd hushes. Austin wants to hit Jericho so bad, you can just tell by looking at how hard it is for him to hold back. Austin turns away and starts to walk away.

Jericho: "What's the matter Austin? Huh? Got a case of the limber tail? Afraid to face the GREATEST CHAMPION OF ALL TIME? Go ahead Austin, take your shot, I know you want to!"

Austin stops and turns around and the crowd cheers. He looks at Jericho and flips him the double middle fingers. Jericho drops the microphone and gets an angry look on his face, and now the tables have turned. Austin points to his chin, as if he's telling Jericho to hit him. Jericho raises his fist now, and winds up, but instead, he hits the mat and rolls out of the ring, smiling at Austin as he walks up the ramp. These two would love to beat the hell out of each other tonight, but it looks like they're going to have to wait till Sunday.

Meltzer: "Well Coach, I don't know if these two can even make it to Sunday without beating the hell out of each other."

Coach: "I hope Austin attacks Jericho before the weekend, wouldn't that be great? No Steve Austin around?"

Meltzer: "It'd be a crying shame. I'm looking forward to their match this sunday!"

Coach: "I'm looking forward to seeing my man Y2J defeat Steve Austin!"

Meltzer: "Well that remains to be seen!"

<0:99%>

Backstage, we see Christian walk into the lockerroom of US Champion Colt Cabana. Cabana is looking at himself in the mirror, posing with the title belt.

Christian: "Hey chumpstain!"

Cabana turns around and Christian and Cabana are nose to nose.

Christian: "Thanks for winning my belt from that asshat Raven. Now if you don't mind, I'll be taking back my title."

Cabana: "Your title? Your title? Hold on there a second pal. I was born yesterday and I know that nobody just gets handed a title."

Christian: "Uh..you were born yesterday?"

Cabana: "I mean, you were born yesterday."

Christian: "Try again."

Cabana: "Huh?"

Christian: "Nevermind."

Cabana: "No, try what again? Are you calling me stupid?"

Christian: "No..well yes...huh what?"

Cabana: "What's the matter, cat got your tongue?

Christian: "UGH, Just shutup for a second Cabana, I feel like I'm talking to Eugene, damnit. Cabana, I'll make this short and sweet, so even you can understand. This Sunday, at Clash of the Champions, your US Title, is coming home with Captain Charisma and all his peeps, BITCH!"

Cabana: "Captain Charisma? Well, Captain, let me ask you a question.. (in a pirate voice) "Shiver me timbers, where's your pirate ship at?"

Christian: "I'm not pirate dumbass, I'm a captain. I'm the captain, who makes it happen!"

Cabana: "Well, I'm a captain too, you've never heard of Captain Cabana and the 3 Punkateers? Hey I know, let's have a walk the plank match!"

Christian: "Captain...Cabana? Punkateers? Walk the plank match?  Listen, whatever you and Punk do in your spare time, I don't care."

Cabana: "He took me ice fishing once, in Canada. Have you ever Ice fished?"

Christian, frustrated as hell, just walks out, leaving Cabana talking to himself about his ice fishing story. Cabana turns around, and Christian is gone.The funny thing, all that time, he was looking in the mirror, yet he was shocked when he turned around. The fans laugh at these two's confrontation.

<0:82%>

SEAN O'HAIRE VS MIKEY WHIPWRECK

O'haire, comming off a victory last week against Tajiri, is looking for a little bit of redemption against Sinister Creation after they attacked him after the match. Whipwreck comes out with Tajiri and Sinister Minister, and the trio receive a round of boo's from the crowd. Collar and elbow tieup and Mikey goes behind O'Haire, but O'Haire delivers a big elbow to the face and a kick in the stomach, before going to work early with a double underhook backbreaker. O'Haire picks Whipwreck up and sends him into the ropes, connecting on a huge dropkick as he came back. O'Haire goes for the pin and gets a quick two. Pickup and a scoop slam by O'Haire and he's looking to end it early as he goes to the top rope. Mikey gets up and crotches him up top before heading up top as well. Super FrankenMikey connects and he goes for the pin, but only gets a two count as O'Haire was able to get the shoulder up in time.

Whipwreck picks him up and delivers a snapmare takeover and hits the ropes, O'haire rolls backwards onto his back and connects with a monkey flip on Whipwreck. Big clotheslines by O'Haire take Mikey to the ground. Standing legdrop and O'haire  makes the cover, but only gets a two. O'Haire with an irish whip and he catches him, big Sidewalk slam. Sinister Minister gets on the apron to distract the ref. Tajiri hits the ring as O'Haire picks Whipwreck up, O'Haire turns around, MIST BUT O'HAIRE DUCKS AND WHIPWRECK GETS IT!! Kick to the stomach of Tajiri and O'Haire sends him right under the bottom rope. He turns around, Mikey is stumbling around still..BOOM..SUPERKICK TO THE FACE! O'haire hooks the leg and makes the cover, 1..2..3 and O'Haire has foiled Sinister Creation's plans! O'Haire celebrates the win in the ring before leaving the ring as Sinister Minister and Tajiri check on Mikey.

Winner: Sean O'Haire

<M:75% C:69% O:72%>

Backstage, we see Commissioner Foley has a makeshift office set up, with a door just randomly placed in front of his desk, which is just in a wide open area. Regal and Eugene walk up and Regal is confused by the presence of the door, as he can clearly just walk around it. Eugene is a bit confused too, but knocks on the door.

Foley: "Come in! .. Ah yes, Sir Williams and Eugene, what can I do for you two fellows today?"

Regal: "Well Mick, we have a bit of a problem. Did you see the match last week against those two cowboy looking fellows?"

Foley: "America's Most Wanted? Yeah, I saw, and I gotta say, the ending was a bummer."

Regal: "So you have the same feelings as me and my partner Eugene then? Well Commissioner Foley, we were wondering if we could have a rematch against them tonight for the tag team titles?"

Foley: "Hmmm..I'll do you one better William. How about, I make that match, but at Clash of the Champions instead?"

Regal: "That would be bloody brilliant I say. Just out of curiosity, why the generousity."

Foley: "Well to be honest with you Regal, I kinda feel a little bad about what happened a couple weeks ago, I heard what our little devil Eugene did to your car with that paintball gun I gave him."

Eugene: "I painted it orange!!!"

Foley: "hahaha, attaboy Eugene"

Regal: "Don't encourage the lad. A paint job on an Aston Martin is bloody expensive!"

Eugene: "Uh ohhhh."

Regal: "What's uh oh Eugene?"

Eugene: "I..left..candy on the ...oops."

Regal: "You left that dispicable chocolate bar on my leather seat on a hot day? Eugene!!!!"

Regal goes running away towards the parking garage , and Foley is all laughter as Eugene smiles.

<0:89%>

Backstage, we see Stacy Keibler and Austin Aries standing by with Mean Gene.

Mean Gene: "Stacy, you requested this time?"

Stacy: "Yes I did Gene. Chris Sabin, you think you've got our number. But this Friday, on the Clash of Champions weekend edition of Thunder, Austin Aries is going to hurt you in ways you never thought possible. So you've got 3 wins against Generation Next. Big deal, you got lucky on two of those wins. And speaking of getting lucky, Come on Austin, let's get out of this landfill."

Austin: "One second Stacy, Chris Sabin, this Friday, if you're looking for the sweep against Generation Next, you're not going to get it. Just like the yankees, you're going to choke. But speaking of choking.."

Stacey gives Austin a curious-like look before the two kiss porn star style and walk away, leaving Men Gene standing there.

<0:80%>

Matt Hardy's music hits and out comes the angelic diablo, carrying..a ladder! The crowd pops hard at Hardy's appearance, he's mass over here. He gets in the ring and sets the ladder up in the middle of the ring.. He grabs a microphone and climbs to the top of the ladder.

Matt: "Most people are afraid of heights. They fear ladders, they fear falling, but not me. The last year of my life has been nothing but a free fall. I was on top of the world, I had a girlfriend I loved, I had a job waiting for me when I got back from injury, everything was going great. Then something happened, and I went tumbling down. One man ruined my life, crushed my spirits. But then I forgot all about that and rebuilt my life when I signed with WCW last July. I rebuilt myself a new life, and I found someone else, someone who means the world to me. But then I made some mistakes, and that one man from my past came back to try to ruin my life again. If you don't know, that man is Edge. Me and Edge, we go way back with ladders, as many of you all know. And at clash of the champions, you all may think that I'm out here to challenge Edge to a ladder match, but I'm not. I want something more brutal, something more demonic. Something that's never been done before. Edge, this Sunday, it will be the final showdown between me and you. And after I destroy you, I'm going to move on in my life. Edge, this Sunday, I want you in a TABLES, LADDERS, CHAIRS......AND HELL IN THE CELL!"

Coach: "A TLC and H in the cell? He's just making things up now!"

The crowd pops hard for the idea of that match. Edge's entrance hits and out comes Edge amidst all the smoke. Edge walks with a purpose right into the ring and takes the microphone from Matt.

Edge: "You're right Matt, this does have to end. I've got more important things to worry about then Matt freakin Hardy. And this sunday, I accept your match. And Matt, I've already taken you to hell and back, and I'll do it again, but this time, you won't be coming back! And you can bank on it"

Matt jumps down off the ladder and the two go toe to toe. Right hand by Matt, Edge counters and delivers right hands of his own. Knee lift by Matt and an irish whip..SPEAR!!!!!! Edge Speared Hardy! Edge grabs the ladder and closes it and sets it down on the ground. He picks up matt and body slams him onto the ladder and goes to the 2nd rope, BACK SENTON off the 2nd rope and onto Hardy! Hardy rolls around in pain as he's just been driven back first into the ladder. Edge smiles before his music hits and he leaves the ring.

<0:87%>

SPANKY VS SONNY SIAKI, pure title match

Siaki comes out, and gets a great response from the crowd. Spanky out next, and he gets mostly cheers, although you can tell the fans are starting to turn on him a bit. Spanky takes a good look at the belt before handing it to the referee. Pure title rules apply for this one, 20 count on the floor, 3 ropebreaks per competitor and then the ropes are legal, closed fists are illegal, first one gets you a warning, each one after costs a ropebreak, and if you don't have any, you're disqualified. Collar and elbow tieup and Spanky goes behind with a rear waistlock. Siaki with a standing switch and goes behind spanky, Spanky runs to the ropes and holds on, sending Siaki flying backwards. The ref is calling that a ropebreak! (Spanky 2, Siaki 3). Spanky argues with the ref, but Siaki turns him around and kicks him in the stomach. Irish whip by Siaki and a back body drop connects, followed by a clothesline up and over the ropes. Siaki hits the ropes and hits a baseball slide on Spanky that sends Spanky into the guardrail. Siaki climbs to the top rope and dives off onto Spanky, but Spanky moves and Siaki eats a face full of guardrail. Spanky throws him back in the ring and goes for a pin, but only gets two.

Spanky picks up Siaki and snapmares him over and applies a dragon sleeper. After struggling, Siaki goes for an uppercut, but Spanky dodges it, and another. Knowing he's stuck in the hold, Siaki rolls to the ropes (Spanky 2, Siaki 2). They break and go to lock up again, but Spanky kicks him in the gut. Abdominal stretch by Spanky and the ref is out of position and misses Spanky's heel like antics as he grabs the ropes. Finally the ref see's spanky use the ropes after checking a couple times and kicks his hand. Siaki with a hiptoss on Spanky! Siaki goes to work on Spanky..Right hand..uh oh, there's a warning from the ref, those aren't allowed. Siaki kicks Spanky in the stomach, russian legsweep connects. Siaki goes to the top rope, but Spanky crotches him and goes up as well. Superplex connects. 1-2-and Siaki kicks out. Spanky picks Siaki up and irish whips him, Siaki ducks the clothesline, Right hand! That's going to cost him a rope break (Spanky 2, Siaki 1), and you can tell Siaki's out of his element here. Poke to the eyes by Spanky and he throws Siaki to the outside. Spanky his the ropes suicide cannonball dive through the second rope! Spanky picks up Siaki, Irish whip into the steel steps and the crowd doesn't like Spanky's antics very much. Spanky rolls him back in the ring.

Low-Ki begans making his way down to ringside to get a better look at this match. Spanky sees him and doesn't like it very much, and Siaki attacks him from behind while he's distracted. irish whip by Siaki, reversed by Spanky..wraparound DDT by Siaki! Siaki picks up Spanky and irish whips him, Samoan drop! Siaki makes the cover, 1-2-Spanky grabs the ropes (Spanky 1, Siaki 1). Siaki picks Spanky up and delivers another right hand before realizing what he just did, that's his final rope break and that's Siaki's third time he's done that, 2 of which cost him ropebreaks! (Spanky 1, Siaki 0).

Meltzer: "Let me tell you something about these pure matches, this is a whole different element, and what we're seeing right now is Siaki completely out of his element. This style of wrestling is certainly a unique style that only WCW can offer you!"

Spanky kicks Siaki in the stomach and delivers a gut wrench powerbomb. Spanky goes to the top rope, elbow drop misses! Spanky gets to his feet and Siaki goes behind him, the ref is out of position and he MISSES THE LOWBLOW BY SPANKY! The fans boo as Spanky grabs Siaki's head, SLICED BREAD #2! 1-2-3 and Spanky wins it, but Low-Ki has something to say, as he spins Spanky around as Spanky's being given his title. Ki wants to know why Spanky cheated, but Spanky shrugs him off. Ki grabs spanky again and spins him around and yells at him. Spanky gets back in his face. Ki pushes him backwards, into Siaki. Spanky turns around, SIAK BOTTOM! Ki looks down at Spanky, who's been laid out. Ki yells "I hope you learned your lesson." to Spanky, as he obviously doesn't approve of Spanky's cheating antics.

WINNER: SPANKY

<M:79% C:69% O:74% Spanky gained overness from this match. >

Backstage, we see The Hurricane, sorta. He's dressed in street clothes, no longer has green hair, no mask, no superhero outfit. He has a microphone.

Hurricane: "I'm Shane Helms, and many of you know me as, well, as a past identity. Let me just tell you, that part of me is gone, and is never coming back. He's taken a permanent vacation. And his alter ego, the journalist Helms, he's gone too. I don't know where they went. Those two have left me here, by myself. And you know what? For the first time in a long time, I'm happy. I'm glad that neither of them are here. In fact, I'm feeling fine. There's a new Shane Helmes on the block, and things are finally feeling sweet! Sugar Shane is back baby, and he's better then ever! And those other guys, you can forget about them, they're never coming back!"

Shane looks around a little confused, as if he's not sure where he is, and then he just walks off camera.

<0:71% Shane Helms debuted his new gimmick (split personality), it got a positive response. >

Homicide vs Juventud Guerrera

Homicide comes to the ring with the rest of Playa Nation, Elix Skipper and cruiserweight champion Ruckus. Juvi comes out with Red, Rey and Psychosis as the Spanish Uprising are in full effect. Playa Nation stand in the ring tall, this is suppose to be a one on one matchup, but I don't think that is going to happen, as all four members of the Spanish Uprising are in the ring. Fingers are being pointed and waived in the ring. All of a sudden, we have gang warfare on our hands as it's an all out brawl in the ring as all 7 men duke it out. Skipper is thrown to the outside, as is Juvi and Homicide, and this thing has just broken down into a piere six brawl. In the ring, Ruckus connected with a spinning heel kick on Rey. Ruckus throws Red over the top rope and Psychosis as well and hits the ropes, corkcrew plancha over the top rope takes everyone out! Rey is the only one left standing in the ring! Rey grabs the microphone.

Rey: "Hey, I see how this is. This isn't gonna get settled here. This Sunday, at the Clash, how about this alright.. 6 man tag match, Spanish uprising and the playa nation. And we'll settle this. How does that sound?

Ruckus walks away from the crowd on the outside grabs a microphone.

Ruckus: "Uprising, you got a deal. But rest assured, if it's gang warfare you want, that's what we're all about dawg. You can bring all 4 of your asses and we'll still whoop your ass even though we're down a man! Ruckus and the playa are coming for you uprising, you brought the hate, now we're gonna bring the pain."

The two groups take a few parting shots as officials break them up. How said, Juvi vs Homicide would have been a great match too!

Winner: -No Contest-

<M:87% C:67% O:77%>

Backstage, we see CM Punk, working out, doing situps. The crowd pops at the site of Punk on the tron. All of a sudden, Raven and Steven Richards walk up. Punk jumps to his feet and gets ready for a fight.

CM: "Raven, get the hell out of here. I don't want nothing to do with you, I've already had my wars with you. Don't make me hurt you again."

Raven: "Hold on there mall rat, you'lle get your fight soon enough. Now I know you and Steven have a big match this Sunday for the television title, and to be quite honest, I don't have anything against you anymore Punk. We lead two seperate lifestyles, let's just keep it at that."

CM: "Raven, you've lived a life of Debauchery. You're a druggie, you're a conman, and you're up to no good."

Raven: "Or so you claim. Look, we didn't come to start trouble or jump you from behind. Steven has expressed to me that he plans on defeating you in the center of the ring fair and square, and has requested that the flock doesn't interfere in the match this Sunday. I've just come to be the voice for him, as he feels he's simply too good to talk to you"

CM: "Too good to talk to me? What do you have these guys on Raven? Better yet, don't answer that Raven, god knows what drugs you have this wackjob on. Raven, I know what you're doing and it won't work. I've seen the headgames you play, and your word means nothing."

Raven: "My words speak volumes to right the right people Punk. Just remember that. And just remember, regardless of what Steven wants, one snap of my fingers Punk, One snap, and my minions of darkness will attack."

Raven snaps his fingers and Richards acts like he's going to punch Punk. Instead, he holds up, and Punk flinches.

Raven: "Scared yet? Fear us."

Raven and Richards walk off, obviously just trying to play mindgames with Punk. Punk goes back to doing situps, but has a much different, much more worried look on his face, and he looks around to make sure no one's behind him.

<0:87%>

Scott Steiner and Booker T vs Eddie Guerrero and Konnan

Los Mexicanos come out to a loud ovation of boo's and Eddie soaks up the heat, as he thrives off the crowd's negative reaction. Steiner out next and he gets a pretty good reaction, but not quite the reaction Booker T gets, as he's really over here. The match starts out with Konnan going up against Booker T. Collar and elbow and Book backs Konnan into the corner, and delivers three thunderous chops before whipping him into the other corner and delivers a clothesline. Fireman's carry takeover by Book and he wrenches the arm and makes the tag, and here comes Steiner. Steiner comes in and delivers a targeted shot to the ribs before bodyslamming Konnan. Steiner hits the ropes, but Eddie kicks him in the back. Steiner punches Eddie inthe face and the ref prevents Eddie from coming in the ring. Rake of the eyes by Konan and he delivers a hook kick following an arm ringer, to the bad arm of Steiner. Steiner shakes off the injury, but Konnan picks him up and applies an armbar and makes the tag to Eddie. Eddie comes in and irish whips Steiner. Steiner comes back with a clothesline and an elbow drop, but it misses, and Steiner is clutching onto his arm and yelling in pain. The ref gets Eddie away from Steiner and the trainers come down. The ref helps Steiner out of the ring and Steiner is helped to the back by EMT's.. it looks like we have a handicap match now!

Meltzer: "Steiner needs to take some time off, he needs to realize he can't wrestle through that injury."

Coach: "Ah let the big meathead ruin his elbow if he wants to"

Booker comes in the ring and ties up with Eddie, chops from Booker followed by an irish whip, spinning heel kick misses and Eddie goes for a cross body after he hits the ropes. Booker Catches him and connects on the fallaway slam. Tag made to Konnan who comes in and receives a powerslam and a headlock, but Eddie kicks Book in the back. Book gets to his feet and goes to attack Eddie, but Konnan delivers a back suplex that gets a two count. Pickup and an irish whip by Konnan, rolling thunder Lariat. Konnan goes and makes the tag to Eddie. Eddie with the back senton over the top rope onto Booker and covers him by laying back first ok Booker's side with an arrogant pin. 1-2-Book cradles him..1-2-Konnan breaks it up and Eddie stomps Booker. Eddie picks up Book and irish whips him, Book reverses, Spinning heel kick connects. Konnan comes in the ring, but gets met with a sidekick. Eddie tries to attack book from behind, but Book hits a back chop to the gut of Guerrero, DDT! Book is feeling it, Spinaroonie! Konnan comes charging, BOOKEND!! Konnan rolls to the outisde. Eddie kicks Book as he gets up and irish whips him, Leg lariat! That Killed Booker's momentum. Eddie picks up Booker, 3 amigos connect and Eddie says it's over. Eddie goes up to and calls for it, FROG SPLASH, but Book rolls out of the way, but Eddie does a roll and doesn't take the impact from the frog splash. Book with a kick to the stomach and a bounce off the ropes, SCISSORS KICK!! 1-2-3 and Book has won the match! Booker rolls out of the ring as Konnan hits the ring and goes to stomp Book. Book gets his hand raised as he's walking backwards up the ramp. Book smiles, as he's got a bit of redemption here tonight.

WINNER: BOOKER T AND SCOTT STEINER

<M:74% C:81% O:78%>

Meltzer: "What a night it's been folks. The Clash of the champions pay per view is looking a lot clearer. We have one final stop to go, don't miss Thunder at a special time this Friday night as we kick off the Clash of the Champions Weekend, Live from Atlanta, Georgia! Goodnight folks!"

SHOW RATING: 79%

Wow another good Thunder and great Nitro. Cabana is just classic. The XBox thing was funny as hell. I also am liking O Haire still, good way to get him in an actual match feud now. Of course the Shane Helms thing was awesome IMO. Glad to see Suga Shane back. This whole KI and Spanky thing is also working very well. Im just so suprised to see someone can actually make a diary as good as this on this consistant of a basis. Cant wait for the Clash.

user posted image

Wednesday, March 15th, 2006

- RATINGS -

Primetime:

WWE - 6.05

WCW - 5.44

ECW - 5.50

ECW come out with a pretty marginable victory this week. With the clash of the champions coming up, this isn't good news for Eric Bischoff. On a side note, Thunder did a 2.81 last week.

WCW Wins War

WCW won the weekly war against ECW last week. WCW now sits at 16% PI, where ECW sits at 5%

Petey Williams - moving up

Petey Williams has been bumped from opener to Lower midcard following his recent tv work.

O'Haire - Tajiri working stiff

Sean O'Haire recently complained to WCW management that Tajiri stiffed him in their match. O'Haire wasn't very happy after their match, and it was noticeable backstage

Jimmy Jacobs - Walking on thin ice

In a radio interview last week, wcw superstar Jimmy Jacobs completely trashed Chris Jericho, Steve Austin and Eddie Guerrero, making comments in regards to their backstage presence being "like a mini triple h". Although he was not punished, sources say this may have killed the push he was in line to receive. We'll have more on this as it develops.

user posted image

WCW THUNDER

Friday, March 17th, 2005

1. Upping the ante

The show starts out with Eric Bischoff, sitting at his desk in his office.

Eric: "Tonight, I'm here to make an announcement in regards to one of the matches at Clash of the Champions. As you may have seen, there is a 30 man over the top battle royal that will take place at the Clash. Well, I'm here to up the ante in that match. You see, I've decided that the winner of that match will receive a title shot at ANY title of their choosing, at ANY time they want within the next 60 days. Thank you very much, and welcome to the start of THE CLASH OF CHAMPIONS WEEKEND!"

<0:81%>

We get our first shots of inside the Georgia dome, it doesn't look like the entire set has been set up yet for the clash, but what's up now will work. As we get some shots via craned cameras, you can clearly see steel siding and equiptment hidden behind baracades. 30,000 Screaming fans are on hand to witness the first event of the weekend, Thunder!

2. Homicide vs Juventud Guerrera

David Meltzer informs us that Playa Nation and The Spanish Uprising have been banned from ringside. Juvi comes out to boo's, whereas Homicide gets a decent ovation. Collar and elbow and Homicide gets the early advantage and goes behind and tries for a german suplex, but Juvi lands on his feet and grabs Homicides head and hits a bulldog to take control of the match. Back and forth match here that saw both men nearly hit their finishers, the Juvi Driver and the Vertabreaker, in the very early going. Homicide connected on an overhead belly to belly, but Juvi retaliated almost immediately with a head scissors after being irish whipped. Juvi messed a double jump springboard Moonsault. At the 6 minute mark, Juvi connected on bodyslam and went up top for the 450, but Homicide crotched him up top and hit a super ace crusher that got a two count and an "ahhhhhh" from the crowd. Homicide threw Juvi outside through the ropes and hit the ropes, looking for the cannonball suicide dive through the middle rope, but Juvi moved out of the way. Juvi connected on a Asia moonsault and threw Homicide inside. Juvi went for the Juvi driver, but he couldn't get him up. Boot to the stomach and the Vertabreaker by Homicide gets the pinfall victory and gives Playa Nation momentum going into the huge Six man tag this sunday.

WINNER: HOMICIDE

<M:87% C:67% O:77%>

3. This one should be great..

Backstage, we see Spanky barge into the locker room of Low-Ki, who, to Spanky's surprise, is reviewing Spanky's match from Monday. Low-Ki gets up like he's ready for a fight.

Spanky: "Studying tape of the Ring Of Honor MVP I see?"

Low-Ki: "MVP? Boy, are you retarded? If it wasn't for me, we wouldn't even be here right now."

Spanky: "boo hoo hoo, I'm still Pure Champ, and that's all that matters"

Low-Ki: "You're the type of guy who needs gold in order to be noticed Spanky, well I don't. I make a name for myself by making people remember me."

Spanky: "I don't need anything, I was trained by.."

Low-Ki: "Oh, I forgot, you like to ride the coattails of your mentor."

Spanky: "I don't need to ride the coattails of anything, I could defeat you, I could defeat anyone in this company."

Low-Ki: "Is that so? Well why don't you put that Pure title on the line at Clash of the Champions?"

Spanky: "Fine, but after I defeat you, you better bowdown and show the MVP a little respect, damnit."

Low-Ki: "And after I beat you, you go to the doctor and get a reality check, because you aren't dealing with a full deck pal."

Spanky and Low-Ki have a stare down before Spanky turns around and walks out of Low-'ki's locker room.

<0:81% Spanky gained overness from this segment. >

4. Determined to win

Backstage, we see Edge, standing by with Mean Gene. Edge takes the microphone from Mean Gene and boots him out of the picture.

Edge: "Matt Hardy, I want you to listen good. This Sunday, we're going to use chairs, we're going to drive one another through tables, we're going to jump off ladders, all inside a steel Cell. There will be no escape Matt Hardy, none. This Sunday, I'm taking you to hell and only I'm coming back. And at the end of the match, neither of us will be the same. We both know what happens inside of that cell, unrivaled, brutal violence. And there have been some violent matches in WCW in the past year, but NOTHING will be as violent as our encounter. We will both bleed buckets and yell in pain. But in the end, and you listen good Matt, I'm going to break you in two. You say I've caused you heartache and mental anguish, well this time it's physical, and this little war between me and you, it's going to end. And after my hand gets raised in victory, I'm going after the world title, you can bank on it!"

<0:77%>

5. Eugene vs Chris Harris

Eugene comes out with William Regal at his side, whereas Harris come out with his tag team partner James Storm. Harris takes early advantage on an oblivious Eugene by kicking him in the stomach to take control of the matchup. Irish whip by storm and he back body drops Eugene. He goes for a quick cover, but only gets a two as Eugene oversells his injuries. Pickup and a body slam by Harris and he goes to the second rope, looking for a knee drop, but Eugene gets the boot up in the face. Eugene fights back with weak rights hands that send Harris into the corner. Eugene climbs the ropes and delivers 10 punches as the crowd counts. Harris grabs Eugene and slams him to the ground with a powerbomb. Harris has been taken off guard by Eugene in this, as he thought it'd just be a walk in the park. He checks his forehead, he has a small ammount of blood trickling down from those shots. He picks up Eugene and bulldogs him to the ground. 1-2-Kickout with authority and Eugene is starting to look mad.

Harris picks up Eugene and irish whips him, Eugene ducks the clothesline and hits the ropes, Harris goes for a powerslam, but Eugene reverses into an armdrag followed by a series of them as Regal shouts encouragement. Eugene with an irish whip on Harris, HARRIS SPEARS HIM! Harris smiles as Eugene lays flat on his back. Harris hooks Eugene in the sharpshooter, but Eugene powers out immediately and gets to his feet. Harris hammers him in the head a couple times, but Eugene "hulks up" in the ring before point at Harris. Harris goes for a punch, but Eugene reverses it and punches Harris a few times before biting the face! Irish whip by Eugene, reversed by Storm, Storm goes for  the clothesline, ROCK BOTTOM BY EUGENE! Eugene stands in front of him and removes his elbow pad and smiles and hits the ropes, He goes for the people's elbow, but Harris sits up as he was preparing to deliver the elbow. The crowd boo's, but Eugene hits the elbow anyways to the top of the head! Eugene grabs Harris's legs and spins him into the center of the ring and yells "WOOOOOOOO"...FIGURE FOUR!!! Harris almost immediately taps out and Eugene's won it!

After the match, Storm hit the ring, but so did Regal and he have a brawl on our hands! Eugene and Regal clear the tag team champions from the ring before celebrating Eugene's Victory. Eugene does Hulk Hogan's poses and gets a great response for it.

WINNER: EUGENE

<M:84% C:66% O:75%>

6. Cabanarama

We see CM Punk walking backstage, yelling out Cabana's name, obviously looking for the US Champ. He's asking random people if they've seen Colt Cabana. CM opens up a door, it's an equiptment room.

CM: "Cabana??"

Cabana: "In here Punk!"

CM walks into the room and rounds a corner, he's shocked by what he see's. Cabana is dressed up in Atlanta Falcons football gear, Helmet and all, and has a football in his hand.

CM: "What the hell are you doing Cabana?"

Cabana: "Look at what I found Punk! All of this stuff is just sitting here. Look, I wrote my name on the back of this jersey!"

Cabana shows the jersey to Punk, it looks like Cabana has used chalk or some sort of red paint to cover up the word "Vick" with "Colt"

CM: "Cabana!! Those are the Falcons Jerseys! You can't do that! You're going to get WCW in trouble!"

Cabana: "I'll just tell them it wasn't me."

CM: "You wrote the word "COLT" on the back of that jersey, who do you think they're going to suspect did it?"

Cabana: "Christian?"

CM: "Ugh, listen Cabana. Eric Bischoff booked us in a match tonight. Me and you have to take on Steven Richards and Christian. Now listen, we have history, as a team, we're unstoppable, and you don't have to like me and I don't have to like you for us to succeed."

Cabana: "I like you Punk!"

CM: "Ugh, shut up. My point is this, There's no way Christian and Richards can work together tonight, all we have to do is get along long enough for them to self destruct, do you understand?"

Cabana: "Self destruct? There's no way I'm getting into the ring with them if they're just going to blow up."

CM: "Sometimes I wonder about you.."

Cabana: "Punk, I said I liked you, but not in that way bro. I've got a girlfriend."

CM just looks at Cabana, and smacks him on the helmet before walking out. Cabana grabs a football and starts yelling out football terms before throwing the ball right into a fire extinguisher cabinet and breaks the glass. Cabana runs out of the room, football gear still on.

<0:85%>

7. Austin Aries vs Chris Sabin

Generation Next is in full force tonight as they come at at the side of Austin Aries. Austin kisses Stacy before getting in the ring. Sabin's music hits and the crowd livens up to him a bit as he runs down to the ring, this is the confrontation we're all waiting to see. Sabin hits the ring, but before he can get up, Aries is all over him with kicks to the back. Sabin gets to his feet and Aries irish whips him, Sabin ducks the clothesline, ducks another one, CROSS BODY! 1-2-Kickout by Aries the two immediately get to their feet and staredown. Collar and elbow tieup and Aries gets control and backs him into the corner, huge chops by Aries echo throughout the arena. Aries whips him into the other turnbuckle without authority and Sabin hits the mat. Aries laughs as he slowly walks over to Sabin. Pickup and a scoop slam and Aries hits the ropes, elbow drop connects and Aries makes a cocky cover, but only gets a two count. Aries picks up Sabin and irish whips him, Sabin connects on a swinging neckbreaker. Sabin hits the ropes, Evans grabs his leg. Sabin with a slingshot plancha onto Evans and attacks Shane and Birchill as the Aries distracts the ref. Sabin's attack quickly works against him as Gen next gain the advantage and hammer Sabin before sending him back into the ring.

Belly to belly suplex by Aries, who goes up top, calling for the 450. Sabin gets to his feet and connects on a leaping enziguri on Aries that crotches him. Sabin goes up top, Frankensteiner connects! Sabin picks Aries up off the ground with a wheelbarrow suplex. Michael Shane gets on the apron and Sabin punches him down. Sabin turns around. Kick to the gut by aries and he puts Sabin on his shoulders, reverse DVD style. Rolling Samoan Crash, a modified version of Birchill's! Aries jumps onto the top rope, Moonsault connects!1-2-Sabin grabs the ropes! Aries picks up Sabin and double underhooks him, Sabin powers him up and over into a pinning predicament, 1-2-Aries powers up and has Sabin's head between his legs, he flips over, sunset flip! 1-2-Sabin rolls onto of Aries, 1-2-kickout. They get to their feet, Sabin with a inside cradle, 1-2-Kickout. Both get to their feet, kick to the stomach by Sabin and he hits the ropes, Sunset flip and he tries to pull him down. Aries sits on the shoulders,1-2-Sabin grabs the arms with his legs and brings him down, 1-2-Aries rolls backwards and gets to his feet, holding onto Sabin's legs, BOSTON CRAB! Sabin stays in the hold for 15 seconds before getting to the ropes.

Aries kicks him as Sabin gets to his feet, Knee to the gut by Sabin and he sets him up, SABIN EDGE! 1-2-Kickout. Sabin hits the ropes, but Birchill clumbs him in the back as he hits the ropes and the ref didn't see it. Sabin turns around to yell at Birchill, Aries comes up from behind, TIGER SUPLEX! 1-2-Kickout. Aries back on the offensive and goes behind Sabin, Sabin runs to the ropes, Aries holds onto him rolls him up, but they both get to their feet, GERMAN SUPLEX WITH A BRIDGE! 1-2-3 and Aries wins in! Generation Next hit the ring, and the beatdown ensues as all 4 members of Generation Next stomp on Sabin while Stacy watches on.

WINNER: AUSTIN ARIES

<M:84% C:54% O:69%>

8. Not another one..

Generation Next is continuing their assault on Sabin. Aries has locked in the rings of saturn now and is looking to rip Sabin's head off. All of a sudden Alex Shelley and Jimmy Jacobs come running down to the ring. Stacy immediately gets out of the ring as Shelley and Jacobs slide in, Shelly with a clothesline to Shane, Jacobs with a dropkick to Evans that sends both of them to the outside. Birchill tries for a double clothesline, both of them duck. double kick to the stomach, DOUBLE DDT! Aries breaks the hold on Sabin and runs towards Shelley, Shelley tosses him right up and over the top and the crowd cheers. Shelley calls for a mic.

Shelley: "Austin Aries, how dare you and that little Bitch Jack Evans recreate something that I started so long ago. Did you think I forgot about the feud we had last year? I didn't Aries, I don't forget anything. So that's your little group huh? Those 3 and that little slut over there? Well this is my group Austin. You say your Generation Next, your the future of wrestling? Let me tell you something, I don't live in the past, I don't live in the future, I LIVE IN THE NOW! And so does Jimmy Jacobs and Chris Sabin. So if you're generation next, that's fine by me, because we're GENERATION NOW! And we're coming to kick your ass. This isn't over Aries, not by a longshot!"

Sabin finally struggles and uses the ropes to get to his feet. He thanks Shelley and Jacobs for coming to his aid. It look as though we have ANOTHER stable in WCW? What the hell?

<0:73%>

9. What a hypocrite..

Backstage, we see Mick Foley in his makeshift office. Scott Steiner walks through the "door", arm in a sling.

Steiner: "You wanted to see me Mick?"

Foley: "Yes yes. Scott, I have the list of signees right here for the battle Royal this Sunday, and you're name is on it."

Steiner: "So?"

Foley: "So don't you think that maybe you should take some time off and let that elbow heel itself?"

Steiner: "Foley, The last person I want to be lectured to about a nagging injury is you. You're the hardcore legend Mick, you've wrestled with broken bones, concussions, loss of blood, the works. Don't tell me I shouldn't wrestle with a hurt elbow mick."

Foley: "I'm not telling you that you should wrestle Scott, I'm telling you that you CANT wrestle. The doctors haven't cleared you for competition, so I called you here to let you know, I'm not letting you in that battle royal."

Steiner: "Mick, this is bull crap! Those doctors don't know what they're talking about. Are you going to let some quack keep me out of the biggest event of the year?"

Foley: "Quite honestly Scott, yes, yes I am. Those "quacks" as you call them were the ones who performed surgery on my knees, they're the finest doctors available."

Steiner: "Mick, this a bunch of BS!"

Steiner turns around and kicks down Mick's office "door" before walking away angry.

<0:82%>

10. Can you dig it?

We see Booker T with Mean Gene backstage.

Mean Gene: "Booker T, this Sunday, you have a chance to get back in the world title picture if you can defeat 29 other men in the battle royal.."

Booker: "That's right Mean Gene. Let me tell you something, there's no if's, there's whens. So WHEN Booka T wins the battle Royal this Sunday, Austin, Jericho, whichever one of you has that title, the Booka Man is coming for you. Booka T is looking to get back in the title hunt, and what better way then to defeat 29 of the finest stars WCW has to offer. And after I beat them, Jericho, Austin, I'm gonna beat you too and then you'lle be looking at the 6 time WCW Heavyweight champion, now can you dig that...SUCKAAAAA"

Eddie Guerrero comes walking into the picture, and Book gets an angry look on his face.

Eddie: "I just though I'd let you know essay, that if you want to win that battle royal, you're going to have to get through me amigo, Eddie Guerrero. And After I win that battle royal, I'll be the one going for the gold, not you Booker T. Now can you dig that..vato?"

Eddie starts to walk off

Booker: "Well see "vato", we'll see."

<0:91% Eddie Guerrero gained overness from this segment. >

11. CM Punk and Colt Cabana vs Christian and Steven Richards

This is certainly an interesting match. Christian comes out first to a great ovation, but Richards comes out with the flock to boo's. As they get in the ring, Christian is almost intimidated. Cabana is out next and the new US Champ gets a split reaction from the crowd. Raven yells at him as he waits for his partner on the outside. The lights go out, and Punk's music hits the arena, and the crowd goes absolutely nuts. Punk makes his way out to a phenominal response. He pats Cabana on the back as the flock leave the ring. Both superstars get in the ring and we have a battle on our hands. Punk and Richards exchange blows, while Cabana and Christian do the same. Cabana and Punk get the upper hand, and Punk throws Richards out of the ring on one side, while Cabana clotheslines Christian out on the other. The teams regroup as the fans cheer. It looks like Punk is going to start it out. Christian want's Richards to start for his team, but the flock's presence for Christian to start this one out. Punk and Christian tie up, Punk gains the uppperhand and goes behind, elbow to the face and a kick to the gut by Christian followed by a vertical suplex. Christian with an armringer and takes Punk to the ground with a heel trip. Legdrop to the arm by Christian. Christian gets up, and Richards makes the blind tag, and Christian seems a bit upset.

Richards climbs to the top, dropkick on Punk connects and he scurries to make a pin, 1-2-Kickout. Headlock on Punk by Richards. Punk gets to his feet and shoots him to the ropes, Shoulder block takes punk down. Richards hits the ropes the other way, Punk goes up and over, then hits the ground, Hurricrana by Punk! Punk makes the tag to Cabana. Cabana with an irish whip, back body drop connects! Cabana with the clothesline. Cabana puts his head down and runs at Richards, slamming him right into the corner. Irish whip to the other corner by Cabana and Cabana hits a running butt bump that takes Richards out of it. 1-2-Christian breaks up the pin. Tag made to CM Punk, who kicks Richards in the stomach. Double underhook suplex connects and Punk goes to the outside and is looking to springboard in, but Lodi grabs his leg as the Flock start gathers on the ground behind him. Punk kicks Lodi's face, ASIA MOONSAULT TAKES OUT THE FLOCK! Punk gets back on the apron, but Richards connects on a shoulder to the gut of Punk. Vertical suplex by Stevie into the ring, but Punk lands on his feet and runs towards the ropes, STEVIE KICK OUT OF NOWHERE! Both superstars have to make the tag now. Punk crawls to his corner and makes the tag to Cabana. Christian see's this and as Richards goes to tag him, Christian jumps off the apron!

Raven immediately attacks Christian for not making the tag to Richards and Christian tries to fight back, but the entire flock has swarmed him. Cabana comes in the ring and goes to work on Richards with right hands. Bearhug by Cabana, who turns it into a DDT. Cabana goes for the pin, 1-2-Raven puts Richards leg on the bottom ropes. Sinister Creation and Billy Kidman are issuing a beat down to Christian on the outside now. Cabana picks up Richards, belly to belly suplex! Cabana goes for the pin, but Raven grabs Richards leg and pulls him out of the ring as the crowd boo's. Sinister Creation throw Christian into the ring and the Flock just flat out start leaving, carrying off Steven Richards! Christian is completely out of it after that beat down. Cabana picks up Christian, and HITS HIM WITH AN UNPRETTIER just to be an asshole, as he could have already won it. Cabana makes the non-chalant pin and lays across Christian, 1-2-3 and this one's over. CM gets in the ring and it looks like he's asking him why he did that. The two exchange words before Cabana is given his US Title. Cabana holds the belt up high in the air and CM pats him on the back. Cabana stands on the ropes and holds the title in the air, and we fade out seeing CM Punk looking at Cabana.

WINNER: CM PUNK AND COLT CABANA

<M:89% C:84% O:86%>

Meltzer: "Will CM Punk have gold of his own come this Sunday? Will Colt Cabana be able to keep his belt as he defends against Christian? Folks, the biggest event in wrestling history is just two days away! You can't miss it! This weekend is definitely going to be the best weekend in wrestling history, wouldn't you say so Brain?"

Heenan: "Without a doubt, I can't wait until Sunday!"

Meltzer: "For Bobby Heenan, I'm David Meltzer, See you Sunday!"

SHOW RATING: 78%

user posted image

Source: nodq.com fan report

Saturday, March 18th, 2006

Saturday at Clash of the Champions Weekend

"Hey, I just got home from the WCW clash of champions saturday night. Let me just say, WCW put on a hell of a fan festival today. Nearly 25 top WCW Supertars, including Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero and even Chris Benoit signed autographs for nearly four hours. I talked to Chris Benoit, he said he'll back in the ring in around a year or so, which was a bummer. Hulk Hogan made a special appearance, hyping the event and cutting a promo on Chris Jericho. There were a lot of great attractions. You could call a match of your choice from 2004 with either David Meltzer or Coach. Also, there were playable demos of the new WCW video game.

Fozzy played a 1 and a half hour show at around 3:30PM. They were great. Jericho got heat from the crowd, and was talking trash on Austin in between songs. At the end of their performance, Steve Austin came on stage and made fun of Chris Jericho's leather pants. Austin then proceeded to sing "Coombaya", which got laughs from the crowd.

At 7:30 the wrestling event got underway inside of the Georgia dome. It looks a lot different from Thunder yesterday, but not exactly complete. Anyways, here's what I remember from the event. There were probably around 33,000 people or so, but only around 20,000 or so by the time the event ended at 11:00 or so.

Chance Beckett defeated Roderick Strong

The crowd was dead for this one as it was the first match of the night. Beckett looked really good, winning with the inverted texas clover leaf.

Sexxxy Eddie d. Mr. Aguila

The crowd sort of began to liven up for this one. Aguila looked really good, very fast in the ring. Eddie won with the five star porn splash.

M-Dogg 20 and Josh Prohibition d. Kevin Steen and Jimmy Rave

Everyone who saw the event would agree M-Dogg 20 stole the show. By far the most exciting wrestler, he hit a springboard frogsplash and won it with a running shooting star press.

Paul Birchill d. Air Paris and Adam Windsor

This one was essentially a squash. Birchill looked really good and hit the double C4 for the victory.

Big Vito and Al Snow d. The Briscoes

This was a great match and Snow and Vito got the first real reaction of the night out of the crowd. Snow won it with a moonsault on Jay.

Alex Shelley and Jimmy Jacobs and Austin Aries and Jack Evans battle to a time limit draw

These two teams battled to a 15 minute draw. The fans asked for 5 more minutes, as this one was off the hook. Evans amazed fans with the 630 twice in the match! Jacobs took a sick bump after Aries threw him to the outside when he tried a contra code. Jacobs finished the match with a bit of a limp.

Whiskey Marc d. Bobby Roode

Yet another squash. Marc won within two minutes here. After the match, he cut a promo on Mick Foley. Foley's music hit and Foley came out to a huge pop. Foley and Marc exchanged words, Foley threatening to kick Marc out of the battle Royal

Torrie Wilson d. Stacy Keibler in a bikini contest

Stacy wore the SMALLEST MICRO BIKINI I've ever seen. If I hadn't had great seats, I would have assumed she was naked, as it was flesh colored. Torrie seemed a little disgusted, and was awarded the victory. Stacy attacked her at the contest and kicked her in the face.

Sean O'Haire and Edge d. Sinister Creation

This was a very good match, although everyone knew what to expect. Edge hit the spear and O'Haire hit the Seanton bomb on Tajiri for the win. After the match, Matt Hardy came from the crowd and jumped Edge and the two had to be pulled apart

Steve Austin came out to end the show, thanking us all for coming out and cutting a promo on Jericho. Jericho's music hit, but the champion no showed, just playing mindgames with Austin.

overall, I'd say the night went pretty well and many fans enjoyed seeing the show, even though there weren't many big names. I'm guessing this show was used as a tryout for many of the wrestlers to see how they perform in front of a crowd.