2005: A War for the Ages (WCW)

user posted image

WCW Monday Nitro

Monday, January 30th, 2005

<=:=><=:=>Intro and Pyro<=:=><=:=>

Meltzer: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome to Nitro! What a night it was last night, it's only bound to get more exciting tonight. We have two new champions in that of the Legion of Doom and Raven, who are both scheduled to be here tonight."

Coach: "Shhh, meltzer, that's not important, but this is..."

"BREAK THE WALLS DOWNNNN...." Jericho's music hits and out comes the champ in classy fashion wearing sunglasses and what looks to be a very expensive jacket with the heavyweight title on his shoulder as the crowd boos. The champ gets in the ring, which is set up for the highlight reel, and grabs a microphone.

Y2J: "Welcome to...MONDAY NIGHT JERICHO! You know something, as I was out partying last night, one of my lovely ladies said to me... "Champ, do you remember when you use to run WCW back in the day? And the answer is yes. I remember it like it was yesterday, it was 1997 and I was the king amongst the cruiserweight division. I was the most charismatic wrestler in that division, and everyone always told me, "When are you going to receive a world title shot, when are they going to take you out of the cruiserweight division. And I never knew the answer to that question back then. But then I learned, that Eric Bischoff never cared about me, he was too busy riding the coattails of the NWO and Hulk Hogan. He was too busy pushing that jackass Goldberg down all your throats. He was too busy priming Booker T for success. Well, 9 years later, 9 years, look where I am now. I stand in the ring, the highlight of the night, the man you pay all that money to see, the reigning messiah of professional wrestling and the entertainment world, but most importantly, WCW Heavyweight champion.

But I suppose everyone has to pay their dues. And speaking of paying dues, last night, one guy cashed in all those dues when he was appointed the new WCW comissioner, I'm talking about Mick Foley! (crowd pop). Before we bring the ole' Mickster out, I'd like to bring the man who held me down all those years, Eric Bischoff, and ask him the burning question, why Eric, Why?"

Bischoff's music hits and out comes the boss to a pretty decent ovation. Bischoff gets in the ring and grabs a microphone.

Y2J: "So Eric, I'll cut right to the chase, why?"

Eric: "Might I say, you're looking quite good tonight Chris Jericho."

Y2J: "haha, very good, Quit kissing ass Eric and answer the question jackass"

Eric: "Why Chris? You wanna know why? Because WCW needed someone who could lay down the law forcefully without taking it into their own hands. But perhaps, Mick Foley can answer that question for you."

Y2J: "What in the hell are you talking about Eric? I wanted to know why you held me down all those years you stubborn mule!"

Eric: "Chris, maybe some other time in private we can discuss the past, but for right now, I'm talking about the future."

Y2J: "Do you know who the hell your talking to Eric? This is my show, this the highlight reel. I ask the questions I want, you give the answers, bucko. I could care less about Mick Foley, this is my show, not his. For all I know, Mick Foley could be eating out of a garbage can backstage and..."

Foley's music hits, interrupting Jericho's mindless ranting. Mick comes out with 1 crutch as he's favoring that leg following last night. Mick is slow to get into the ring, and grabs a microphone."

Y2J: "Oh great Eric, not only do we have a braindead commissioner, but we have a crippled commissioner."

Bischoff: "As I was saying Jericho, perhaps Mick can offer some incite to the situation."

Foley: "Thank you Eric, perhaps this little ring monkey can shut up long enough for me to explain the conditions of our deal. You see, when Steve Austin got stripped of his commissionership, I immediately, how would you say it, put in my..aha.application if you will for the position. Now, being the hardcore legend and engaged in some violent wars as of late, I knew that the board would never buy it. Not until I agreed to a condition that would benefit both of us. Later this week, I'm going to get some long put off Surgery on the ole knee's and recover my body. So how does that concern the commissionership? Well the surgery is going to put me out of action for 6 months. That means no more matches for the Foley for about a half of a year. You see, the board liked Steve Austin as a commissioner, because he could lay down the law. But what they didn't like was the fact that Steve Austin took the law into his own hand from time to time. Well you see, I can't do that for the time being, and being the man that I am, the board immediately saw me as a..how would I put this..less manic Steve Austin."

Y2J: "Ok Trips, I don't need you in my ringah, delivering a twenty minute speechah. You've made your point, now get the hell outta my ring, so I can continue with Eric Bischoff."

Foley: "So you want to spend more time in the ring huh Chris? You think that your comments are going to go without acknowledgement. Mick Foley stopped eating of dumpsters back when checks signed by Vince Mcmahon started coming my way. So Chris, you look rarin' to go tonight, how about you defend that gold.."

Y2J: "You know what Foley, I am ready to go, who do got for me this week? Someone I've already beat?"

Foley: "Oh, you've never beat this guy Y2J, and some would say, you probably cant. Tonight, in this very ring, Chris Jericho will defend the heavyweight title against...C.M. PUNK!!!! Have a nice day!"

Foley limps out of the ring as Jericho kicks the ropes frustrated that he's going to have to face Punk tonight.

<0:87%>

Meltzer: "Can you believe that? CM Punk against Chris Jericho? That's a pay per view caliber match! And it's happening tonight!"

<=:=><=:=>Commercial Break<=:=><=:=>

ADAM WINDSOR, AIR PARIS AND PAUL BIRCHALL VS AL SNOW, BIG VITO AND AUSTIN ARIES

Airfair and Windsor came out together to a small pop. Vito and Snow out next to a series of boo's. The epic entrance of Austin Aries was last as he came out with Stacey by his side to some pretty big heat. Snow and Paris started this one out, with Snow getting the upperhand and hitting a bodyslam and an elbow drop for a quick two. Snow made the tag to Vito, who down right dominated Paris with a sidewalk slam. Paris made the tag to Windsor after Vito let him. Windsor came in, but once again, the size advantage was there as Vito went to work on him with a huge clothesline and then an irish whip followed by a powerslam. Vito let Windsor make the tag to Birchall who went toe to toe with Vito, not afraid of him because the size advantage wasn't there anymore. Vito went for a right hand, Birchill blocked and delivered stunning right hands of his own to Vito before irish whipping him and hitting a huge back body drop. Birchall picked up Vito and hit snakes eyes into the corner before delivering a huge back suplex. Birchall got a two as Snow broke it up. Birchall with an irish whip, but Aries made a blind tag. Birchall delivered a huge powerslam to Vito, who then rolled out of the ring. Birchall and Aries stared each other down and circled each other for quite a while. Out of nowhere, Windsor made the tag to Birchalls back and got in the ring ready to go after Aries.

Birchall looked at him confused and angry, as he didn't want to be tagged out. The two do have history as advasaries though. After a staredown, Birchall started to leave the ring, but didn't make it two steps as he turned around and floored Windsor with a lariat to the back of the head before Aries' eyes. Birchill picked up Windsor and put him on his shoulders, hitting a huge rolling samoan crash! The fans boo as Paris gets in the ring and asks Birchall what the hell he's doing. Birchall listens to him for about two seconds before kicking him in the stomach. He irish whips him right into aries, who hits a huge spinebuster on him! At this point, Snow and Vito are confused, but Stacey is on the outside clapping. Aries takes two steps back towards his corner as Birchall picks up Windsor and Paris and puts his them at each side of him, putting his arms under their shoulders, DOUBLE C4!!!!

Meltzer: "MY GOD WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT MOVE?"

Coach: "He just...he just did a backflip and..they did a frontflip..and WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!"

Aries covers Windsor as Birchall watches. This one's easily over as the crowd is in awe and shock at the debut of the C4. Stacey gets in the ring and stands in the middle of both men and raises their hands. Vito and Snow are still shocked and so is the crowd, as Birchall's apparently aligned himself with Aries!

WINNERS: Aries, Vito and Snow

<M:81% C:62% O:71% Paul Birchall's turn was completed, and he is now a heel. Paul Birchall gained overness from this turn. >

We go backstage, and Edge is standing by with Mean Gene.

Mean Gene: "Last Night, not only did you defeat Matt Hardy, but you attacked Maria.."

Edge: "You're damn right I did Mean Gene, and I attacked her two weeks ago too. You see..."

Christian comes walking up and stares Edge right in the eyes.

Edge: "Hey little brother, what do you want?"

Christian: "Don't give me that little brother crap Adam. You know damn well why I'm here. I'm here to stick up for a guy who's just like a brother to me, Matt Hardy. You know damn well what you've done to your relationship with Matt and Jeff, and you don't care, but I do. The Hardyz have been nothing but good to me throughout all these years, and I tried to stay out of it Edge, I really did, but when you attack Maria, a defenseless lady, that's where Christian draws the line. "

Edge: "Draws the line?"

Christian: "Yeah, and by that I mean that's when I stick up for those I care about. You see, maybe you don't have a conscience, but I do. And right about now, my conscience is telling me to do what I've wanted to do since I saw you arrive. I'm challenging you to a one on one match next week here on Nitro!"

Edge: "You're challenging me? That's a joke Christian. Everyone knows I've always been the more gifted one, the one with the better looks, the one who's shadow you stand in."

Christian: "The only shadow around here is the peep nation surrounding you, BITCH. Next week, I'm going to give blood relative...a new meaning. And that's something that even you Edge...can bank on!"

Christian walks away, leaving Edge with an angry look on his face standing by Mean Gene as we go to break.

<0:82% Christian debuted his new gimmick (cool), it got a positive response. >

CHRIS SABIN VS JODY FLEISCH

Meltzer puts over what a great new addition Sabin is to WCW as Fleisch is already in the ring. Sabin makes his grande entrance before the bell sounds and this one is about to start. Sabin with an early advantage with a headlock, but Fleisch runs towards the ropes and flips off the middle rope, taking Sabin down. Fleisch with an armringer, but Sabin is quick to reverse and deliver a ddt. Sabin was dominant in this match as these two heels butted heads. Midmatch however, Fleisch mounted some offense after connecting on a dropkick to the knee and a legdrop to the back of the neck. Fleisch went up top and went for a moonsault, but that's where it all went downhill, as Sabin moved out of the way, sending Fleisch crashing to the mat. Sabin went up top and took fleisch with him, putting him on his shoulders and jumping off and delivering a huge knee right the midsection of Fleisch. Sabin acted as if this match was nothing as he easily connected on the Sabin edge to Fleisch. The ref begans counting, but Sabin broke up the pin and connected with the cradle shock for the easy win in this squash. Sabin celebrates in the ring to a series of boo's, but none the less, impressive dominance by Sabin.

WINNER: CHRIS SABIN

<M:80% C:43% O:61% Jody Fleisch debuted his new gimmick (show stealer), it got a positive response. Jody Fleisch is losing overness because of his weak gimmick. <--- Arg, forgot this can't be a heel gimmick>

Backstage, we see Sean O'Haire, standing in a dark corridor, hat covering his face as he was in his trenchcoat.

O'Haire: "Do I intimidate you? The general concensus is that I'm a pretty intimidating guy. But that's not why I'm here, I'm not trying to scare you. I'm here to enlighten in a world that is so dark and cruel. All I want to do is shed some light on the things you do not know, or want to see. I'm simply here to expose those who think that their actions have gone unseen. I'm not here to hurt you, I'm here to save you from yourself. Because you see, in a politically correct world, sometimes the only thing we can do is swallow our pride and hide our mistakes. Well not me, when I die, I'm not leaving this world with a guilty conscience. So use this time to reflect on something you did bad today? Did you smoke a cigarette in front of someone else? Did you look a little too long at that big chested blonde as she walked by? Did you just take a copy of that newspaper off the rack without paying because 50 cents is no big deal? Well, maybe to you those little things don't matter, but to someone else, maybe they do. But hell, what do I know, I just have a set of eyes and ears that don't block out what I don't want to know. And soon, maybe you will too."

O'Haire walks off, back turned to the camera as we fade out.

<0:75% Sean O'Haire gained overness from this segment. >

We fade into the locker room of Legion of Doom and Paul Ellering, who are along with some random faces on the roster celebrating their title win by having a big party. Supertars are standing around drinking beers and talking loudly.

Hurricane: "Well partner, we did it last night."

Animal: "Yes we did. It feels great to be back on top. I can't wait for our first title defense."

Unknown voice: "Yeah, we can't wait either.."

Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere walk into the picture.

Trent: "So, I see you got your belts back last night, we'll let you keep them warm for us while we go out there and continue to make our presence known in WCW."

Kashmere: "Animal, Hurricane, we're coming for those belts, and we'll have them around our waists before you can say retirement home, old man!"

Hurricane: "Well you go out there and earn your worth here in this company, but you remember one thing backseat boyz, we got to where we are by beating the best of the best, and you two, you're nothing more then another match on another day for the legion of doom!"

The backseat boyz laugh and walk out of the locker room as everything returns to normal and everyone continues having a good time, except for Animal, who walks away from the party.

<0:65%>

BACKSEAT BOYZ VS SINISTER CREATION w/ Sinister Minister

Both teams get heat from the crowd as they come out, especially Sinister Creation, the crowd definitely doesn't like them. Tajiri and Kashmere start out, which Tajiri quickly gaining the upperhand which leads to a fury of kicks and chops by Tajiri. Irish whip by Tajiri, reversed by Kashmere, SPRINGBOARD BACK ELBOW! Tajiri makes the tag to whipwreck, who goes up top and connects on an elbow drop for a two count. Whipwreck with punches before connecting on a bodyslam and a legdrop that gets another two before Acid breaks it up. Irish whip by Whipwreck, Kashmere ducks the clothesline, blind tag made by Acid, Kashmere ducks the clothesline again and Whipwreck immediately gets hammered by Acid's springboard dropkick. Double snap suplex by the backseat boyz, and Acid get a two on whipwreck. All of a sudden, the flock begans walking down the ramp! Acid gets distracted by them, which allows Whipwreck to make the tag to Tajiri, who immediately went up top and connected on a double legged dropkick to the back of Acid, who fell through the ropes. The flock look at Acid, but don't touch him. All of a sudden Tajiri comes through the middle rope with a suicide dive on Acid as the flock has circled both men now. Appearing intimidated, Tajiri immediately rolls Acid into the ring and covers him for a two count.

Meltzer: "I don't get it, why are these guys out here? Now they're surrounding the ring. Look at Raven, he's giving orders as to where they should stand. They're all out there, with the exception of Reese, who was fired last night at the hands of Eric Bischoff."

Tajiri with an irish whip, Acid reverses and goes for a clothesline, but Tajiri ducks. Lodi gets on the ring apron, distracting Acid as Tajiri comes back and connects on a bulldog. Raven and Richards stand climb on the apron on opposite sides of Kashmere and stare him down. Kashmere gets off the apron and starts backing off towards the ramp. Meanwhile, in the ring, the ref is just as confused as everyone else by this, but obviously isn't going to tell the flock anything. With Acid all alone, Whipwreck enters the ring and the two hits a double ddt on Acid. Acid begans getting to his feet, KICK OF DEATH! Tajiri makes the cover, 1-2-3 and the flock storm into the ring while Whipwreck and Tajiri can only watch. Sinister Minister is on the outside watching this all unfold as well.

WINNERS: SINISTER CREATION

<M:96% C:64% O:80%>

Raven, with US Title around his waist, calls for a microphone. Sinister Minister grabs the microphone from the ring announcer and gets in the ring, nervously giving it to Raven.  Meanwhile,  Richards is holding Acid up while Tajiri and Whipwreck nervously watch as Kidman and Lodi eye them.

Raven: "Last night, the flock took a hit as one of our men was sacrificed for the better of the flock. Eric Bischoff, Eric Bischoff thinks he can control us. But I've always been a firm believe in you cant control what cannot be owned, and the flock cannot be owned Eric. The flock cannot be bought, the flock cannot be disbanded and the only person the flock obeys, is their leader, the Raven. But the Flock can expand and we can manipulate those who think they control us. Trent Acid? Do you think you're better then me? Do you think you're better then Tajiri and Whipwreck? You obviously think you do, if you thought you could defeat them. Now I stand before you, let me just deliver a message to guys like you, guys who think they're better then us.

Richards pushes  Acid into Raven, who immediately puts him under his shoulder and connects on the Raven Effect.

Raven: "Tajiri and Whipwreck, let me deliver a message to you as well. You see, you're nothing more then two guys being given direction by a higher power, Sinister Minister. Little do you know, that in reality, anyone named Sinister Minister obviously answers to me, the all knowing master of Sin. That is why, Sinister Creation, your manager signed a deal with the devil, and you now belong to the flock. You answer to me, and you will deliver whatever my wishes call for. Is that understood?"

Tajiri bows his head and Whipwreck shakes his head yes.

Raven: "Well then, welcome to the nightmare that is my dream. And Eric Bischoff, you may have eliminated one us, but in reality, we've just gained two. Quote the Raven, nevermore"

Raven shakes hands with Tajiri and Whipwreck as well as Sinister Minister as the flock leaves the ring. The crowd has been hushed at the segment, and they're not sure how to react.

<0:70% Raven lost overness from this segment. >

We come back and see Eddie Guerrero standing alongside Mean Gene.

Mean Gene: "Eddie Guerrero, last night you defeated CM Punk at Souled Out, and now he's going to be facing Chris Jericho later tonight, how do you feel?"

Guerrero: "How do you think I feel holmes? Betrayed? ANNNNGRY? Disappointed? I feel as if my actions meant nothing last night. It should be me out there fighting for that world title. But noooo, Mick Foley book's CM Punk in the match. But that's ok, it's fine. CM Punk, go ahead and defeat Chris Jericho, that way I can defeat you for that title. We all know that I've proven I'm better then you. So go on, win that title essay, do it for me, EDDIE GUERRERO! I'll be watching amigo!"

<0:82%>

REY MYSTERIO VS BILLY KIDMAN©, LADDER MATCH FOR THE WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE

Rey Rey comes out to a very solid pop, as the fans are really digging him here. Rey looks at the ladder that's set up on the outside before getting in the ring. Kidman out next to a series of boo's. He looks at the ladder and pushes it over before getting in the ring and looking above him at his cruiserweight title. The bell sounds and here we go. Collar and elbow but Rey goes underneath the legs and grabs the Kidmans head, runs, jumps and hits his feet on the top rope, spins around and connects with a bulldog! What a way to start off the match as Kidman is floored. Rey picks up kidman, irish whip gets reversed by Kidman, but Rey hits a headscissors and out to the floor goes the champ. But Rey is right on him as he dives up and over the ropes with a cannonball onto Kidman. Rey stands on the apron and waits for Kidman to get up. Rey jumps off the apron and delivers a hurricanrana to Kidman, who oversells and flips right over the guard rail! The two fight in crowd for a bit until Rey throws Kidman over the guard rail back to rinside. Rey backs up and runs the guard rail (like Jeff hardy) and jumps off, but Kidman catches him with a powerslam! Kidman goes and grabs the ladder and slides it in the ring.

He begans to set up the ladder, but Rey climbs back onto the apron and up to the top rope, delivering a dropkick to the back of Kidman. Rey folds the ladder up and sets it up in the corner. He goes to irish whip Kidman into the ladder, but Kidman reverses! Rey jumps onto the ladder and backflips off, hitting Kidman with a reverse DDT! The ladder wobbles before finally falling onto Kidman! With the ladder across Kidman, Rey goes to the outside and grabs a chair before scaling the top ropes, ARABIAN FACEBUSTER TO THE LADDER!!! A nice tribute to Sabu there by Rey, who got quite the elevation on that move. Rey sets the ladder up and begans climbing, but Kidman rolls to the apron and springboards off the toprope, dropkicking the other side of the ladder. The ladder falls over backwards, leaving Rey trapped underneath. Kidman picks up the ladder and drops it right onto Rey before going up top, SENTON BOMB ONTO THE LADDER! Kidman grabs his back in pain as Rey convulses in pain to sell the move. Kidman sets up the ladder and begans climbing, but Rey gets up and stars climbing on the other side. Rey delivers shots to Kidman before grabbing his head and delivering a stungun onto the top rope as Kidman goes flying backwards. Rey climbs up the ladder again as Kidman lay on the apron. Rey could probably win right now if he wants, but instead, he DROPS THE DIME ON KIDMAN FROM THE TOP OF THE LADDER!!  The ladder falls over, landing on the ring ropes in a tilted angle as Rey grabs his backside in pain from the landing. Kidman is out on the apron.

Meltzer: "Oh my God!"

Coach: "That's 10 feet in the air he just jumped from"

Rey picks up Kidman and whips him into the corner. He sets Kidman on the top rope and climbs up, looking for a frankensteiner. Kidman punches him in the face and jumps off, hitting a version of the kidcrusher onto Rey. Rey's laying in the center of the ring now. Kidman has an idea. He sets the ladder up so it's diagonally in the corner, steps facing the turnbuckle. Kidman climbs the turnbuckle and then steps onto the ladder and climbs to the last step before the top. He takes one step onto the top and waits a second before standing on the top of the ladder as it shakes tremendously. After 1 1/2 seconds up there, he jumps off, CONNECTING WITH A SHOOTING STAR PRESS OFF OF THE LADDER!!!

Meltzer: "If I wasn't here, I don't think I'd believe what I just saw."

Coach: "I think I'm dreaming, he didn't just do that!"

Meltzer: "Oh, He did."

The fans chant Holy shit as Kidman rolls around on the ground in pain for 10 seconds. Kidman sets the ladder up so that the Rey's neck is trapped under the bottom step. He isn't choked, but he can't move and Kidman stars to climb the other side. As Kidman's almost in reach of the belt, Rey awakes and tries to move, but there's nothing he can do. Kidman reaches up and grabs the belt, pulling it off the ring before falling onto the ground. The bell sounds and Kidman is declared the winner. Kidman lays on the canvas for a few seconds before rolling out of the ring and laying on the outside as Rey is left in the ring disappointed and bested by Kidman. Kidman finally gets to his feet and raises his hand in the air as he walks out."

WINNER: BILLY KIDMAN

<M:83% C:84% O:83%>

Meltzer: "Can you believe this night? What else can possibly happen Coach?"

Coach: "It's definitely been wild and off the hook. That last match was simply crazy. Those cruiserweights never seize to impress"

CM PUNK VS CHRIS JERICHO©, WORLD TITLE MATCH

CM comes out first and the fans eat this guy's gimmick up like crazy, they're in love with CM Punk as nearly half the crowd throws up the X along with CM. Jericho comes out next with World title around his waist. He does all his poses as the crowd boo's before getting in the ring.

GLASS SHATTERS! Out comes Steve Austin as the crwod goes Nuts. Austin stares at both competitors in the ring before delivering double middle fingers to both of them. Austin then walks over to the announce table and has a seat.

Meltzer: "Apparently we're going to be joined by Steve Austin."

Austin: "Hello Meltzer. Coach? You still got a job here son? "

Meltzer: "Steve, why are you out here?"

Austin: "Oh you know, the usual, just scouting my opponents. Getting a closer look if you will"

Coach: "Yeah.. sure"

Austin: "WHAT?"

Coach: "Don't start...'

In the ring, the bell has sounded. CM Punk extends his hand and Jericho looks at it before spitting on the hand of Punk! Punk looks away, but then retaliates with right hands that rock Jericho. Punk with a kick to the stomach and an abdominal stretch which Y2J quickly counters out of with a hiptoss. Jericho follows up with an armdrag and an armbar onto Punk, slowing the momentum. Punk gets to his feet and delivers an elbow to Jericho's face before bouncing off the ropes and taking Jericho to the ground with a shoulder block. CM hits the ropes, Y2J jumps right over him, then hits the ground, Punk comes running back and out of no where Jericho hits a hurricanrana on punk."

Meltzer: "I've never seen Jericho do that, that's a rey mysterio and ultimo dragon move."

Austin: "Well david, it's common knowledge that Chris Jericho is actually both of those masked superstars. How else do you think he could afford to pay all those supermodels that stand around him?"

Jericho goes for a pin, but only gets a two count. Jericho up and kicks punk in the stomach and he keils over. Jericho hits the ropes, but Punk regains composure and hits a dropkick right to the chest of Jericho! CM Punk connects on a standing backflip press and then a legdrop before hooking the leg for a two count. CM picks up Jericho and gets him into the corner. Hard chops by CM, who delivers 4 of them to Jericho before Jericho just falls on the ground in pain. CM Picks him up and hits a tornardo DDT in the corner! Punk goes to the top rope, CROOKED LEGGED MOONSAULT!

Austin: "I'll tell you, Jericho is a student of the game, he's learned to take quite the beating in his years in that ring!"

CM with the pin, 1-2-Kickout! CM Punk now in firm control. PEPSI TWIST! 1-2-Kickout. Punk with an irish whip and puts his head down. Jericho stops himself and puts CM Between his legs. POWERBOMB! But Jericho holds on, Double powerbomb! Jericho grabs the legs and tries to turn Punk, but he can't. Punk pushes him off, and Jericho stumbles backwards into the referee, who goes lunging through the middle rope and to the ground.

Austin: "Hey, would you look at that, who would have guessed that would happen?!"

CM walks towards Jericho. Jericho goes for a low blow kick. CM grabs his leg and spins him around, kicks him in the stomach and delivers the devil's lock DDT!! Punk goes to the corner, DOUBLE JUMP MOONSAULT!!! Punk covers Jericho, but there's no ref. Just then, Eddie Guerrero comes running down to the ring to a series of boo's .

Austin: "Hey, it's Eddie Guerrero! Wow, this is turning into a pretty big mess, wouldn't you say Meltzer?"

Meltzer: "I'd have to agree!"

Eddie gets in the ring and attacks CM Punk. The two exchange punches, but Guerrero gets the better of them and delivers the 3 amigos to CM. Jericho jumps off the ropes and connects with the lionsault and covers him! A second ref comes running down and begans counting the pinfall, 1-2- CM kicks out!! Eddie is in shock now and picks up the ref and kicks him in the stomach and throws him to the outside. Jericho picks up CM and Eddie helps him as they hit a huge double team powerbomb to Punk.

Austin: "I dropped my wallet in the ring, I'll be right back!"

Austin throws the headset down and goes running towards the ramp as the original ref is now in the ring and counting the pinfall. 1-2- AUSTIN JUMPS ON THE REF BREAKING UP THE PIN! Austin goes to work on Eddie delivering right hands. Eddie misses a right hand and Austin ducks, STUNNER!!! Jericho shifts his attention to Austin and runs for a clothesline, Austin ducks, Stunner!! The ref is starting to get up as CM is just now getting to his feet. Jericho has rolled out of the ring following the stunner, as did Eddie Guerrero. CM stares at Austin and extends his hand and the crowd cheers. Austin looks down at his hand, Kick to the stomach, STUNNER!! The crowd cheers even at that! But wait, the referee has made a motion, he's thrown this one out and ....HE'S DISQUALIFIED CHRIS JERICHO FOR INTERFERENCE ON HIS BEHALF BY STEVE AUSTIN!! Steve Austin looks at the ref funny as CM Punk is declared the winner. He laughs manically, as the ref didn't catch the other 2/3rds of Austin's work. Austin finishes his laughing and looks seriously at the ref, Kick to the stomach, STUNNER! Austin has just left everyone demolished in the ring as he exits it, looking back on the carnage he's created. Jericho is kneeling on the ground looking as if he's about to cry at the refs decision. Our final shot is of Austin smiling as he looks back at the ring.

WINNER: CM PUNK (by DQ)

<M:95% C:92% O:93% Chris Jericho lost overness from this match. CM Punk gained overness from this match. >

SHOW RATING: 76%

Edited by Disengager

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to say, I would never have booked the Edge-Matt Hardy feud the way you have but I love how you have done it! The Christian involvement as well, mwah!

The O'Haire and Raven promos are awesome as well.

Would give Souled Out 8/10

Great news about Thunder

Ha Ha! Finally caught up, it only took two weeks.........

Very impressive so far, I particularly like your updates and the backstory stuff McMahon/Heyman, Bischoff/Sophie etc is all very entertaining.

I marked out for the Hogan nostalgia trip at the start, it really made it feel like a WCW diary to me.

Good job on repackaging O'Haire, I always enjoyed his work but never saw it developed as you have here.

So many points I just can't remember! Aaaaaaaaagh. I'll just have to edit them in later.

Excellent work anyway.

user posted image

Source: NODQ.COM

Wednesday, February 1st, 2006

- RATINGS -

Primetime:

WWE - 6.02

WCW - 5.42

ECW - 5.42

So WCW and ECW tie in the ratings this week, most interesting indeed. We can confirm that in addition to Xplosion, which airs graveyard Saturday Nights,  NWA TNA has gotten a second TV deal with MTV for a graveyard show. More on this as it comes in.

PAY PER VIEW BUY RATES

For the first time since ECW and WCW's opening, The "Big 3" all had their pay per views on the same weekend, here's how the buy rates turned out. WCW Pulled a solid win out of their hat over ECW, While big dog WWE kept rollin'

WWE "Royal Rumble" - 1.97

ECW "The Struggle Within" - 0.95

WCW "Souled Out" - 0.99

In addition, we do have more details regarding Souled Out. It was attending by 11,572 people with a gate of close to $700,000. WCW made nearly 2.5 million in PPV Revenue.

HUGE WCW RUMOR

There are rumors floating around that Eric Bischoff may have in fact secured a second television show, more on this as it develops.

WCW WINS WAR WITH ECW

WCW recently clashed heads with ECW in a one week war, and came out on top due to their better workers and more professional manner. However, ECW still has the starpower advantage over them.

BILLY KIDMAN: Moving up the card

WCW Cruiserweight champ Billy Kidman is being moved from the midcard to the upper midcard by WCW Management following his great victory on Nitro as well as recent high rated segments.

EDDIE GUERRERO: A Step Down

Sources are saying that Eddie Guerrero has been removed from the main event scene in WCW due to fan resentment. Eddie will now be working the upper midcard, most likely continuing his feud with CM Punk

STEVE AUSTIN: "Steiner working stiff"

In his first complaint since returning to active competition, Steve Austin let it be known that he felt as if Steiner was trying to purposely work stiff on him at the pay per view. Although he wasn't injured, he worried that potential work with Steiner could prove dangerous.

JODY FLEISCH: Moving up the card

Jody Fleisch, who is often overlooked by WCW Management, has finally received a push up the card from lower midcard to the midcard. It's great to see this talent get a push in the right direction, despite being squashed by Chris Sabin on Nitro.

ATLANTIC CITY WRESTLING UPDATE

Here is Tom Prichard's latest report on the stars of ACW and how their development is coming along:

Mr. Aguila: Technique (1 point); Over (3 points); Brawling (2 points); Charisma (3 points);

M-Dogg 20: Brawling (1 point); Charisma (1 point); Over (2 points); Technique (2 points);

Josh Prohibition: Over (3 points); Brawling (3 points); Speed (3 points); Technique (2 points); Charisma (3 points);

Katsuyori Shibata: Brawling (3 points); Speed (3 points); Technique (3 points); Charisma (3 points);

Ryuji Ito: Over (1 point); Brawling (1 point); Speed (2 points); Technique (3 points); Charisma (2 points);

Chance Beckett: Brawling (1 point); Over (2 points); Speed (2 points); Technique (2 points); Charisma (3 points);

Kenny B: Brawling (1 point); Over (2 points); Speed (3 points); Technique (3 points); Charisma (3 points);

Takao: Over (1 point); Technique (1 point); Charisma (1 point); Brawling (2 points); Speed (2 points);

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Nodq.com would like to give a big happy birthday to the following WCW athletes this month: Chavo Guerrero (35), Chris Kanyon (36), Sean O'Haire (35), Road Warrior Animal (44), Johnny Kashmere (24)

Finally caught up and have to say this diary is awsome. I like how you booked the Austin/Raven and Matt/EdgE fueds, and I'm loving Jericho's title reign even though I thought Eddie was going to steal it at starrcade. Hopefully after dropping the U.S. title Christian will eventually get a ME push (Y)

user posted image

WCW THUNDER

Wednesday, February 1st, 2005

The Very first episode of Thunder! It's amazing WCW were able to put this together so fast given the 5 hour notice. It appears as if fans who attended the press conference earlier were given frontrow seats, as many of them have WCW VIP passes. The arena is a bit smaller then the typical places Nitro is usually held, more then likely the short notice. The setup is the Nitro setup, with the exception of the Nitro banners, which have been replaced by Thunder banners! The fans are absolutely going wild as we get our first shots of the arena. A familiar voice comes on.

Tony Schiavone: "Hello Wrestling fans and welcome to THE FIRST EVER episode of Thunder! I'm Tony Schiavone, as you may remember me. And along side me is.."

Bobby Heenan: "Shut up Schiavone, I don't need an introduction. Just my voice along is enough to make these fans scream!"

Schiavone: "Well, There's no denying the greatness of one Bobby "The Brain" Heenan! Isn't it great to be back?"

Heenan: "Back? I don't know where the hell you went Schiavone, but I've still been in the business. I don't see you getting called up to WWE to do promotional work."

Schiavone: "Either way, I think the show is about to get underway!"

1. A Bosses Welcome...

Eric Bischoff hits the ring as the crowd goes ecstatic. Bischoff looks rushed, hurried and a little tired, but you know he absolutely loves that Bischoff chant the crowd is giving him.

Eric: "It's so great to be back on Wednesday night! And it's so great to finally have a show specifically for WCW's selling points, our fantastic cruiserweight division and the young up and comers of the business! You know, A couple weeks ago, a certain wrestling promotion owner who I won't name any names Paul Heyman, questioned the fact that we'd even have one television show this year. Well, as I stand here, you can go ahead and rub your eyes Paul if you don't believe it, but now WCW has TWO television shows. And we're not done yet, oh no. We're gonna go head to head with Vince on Thursday Nights, believe me, it will happen. And don't think this is the only surprise in store in the future, we're looking into signing some more of the top talent around the world and then some! But that's for a later date, for now, let's just all rejoice the return of Thunder! And let's do it, with a highflying affair!"

<0:75%>

2. Ruckus vs The Amazing Red

Red was the first one out in this one and shook hands with Bischoff as they walked by each other on the ramp. Ruckus was out next to a decent array of boo's from the crowd. This was a seesaw highlight reel matchup featuring two of WCW's best young cruiserweights. Ruckus hit the razzle dazzle midmatch and followed it with a tornado DDT, but couldn't pickup the victory. Ruckus and Red battled for a couple more minutes until Ruckus went up top and went for the Poetic Ruckus 450, which Red avoided. Red fought back with everything he could, even delivering a stiff dropkick right to the face and a corkscrew moonsault, but could only get a two count. The abrupt ending to this one came when Ruckus hit The Falcon Arrow for the 1-2-3 victory. He celebrated in the ring after the match before leaving Red in the ring as the crowd was hot for the first match of the night.

Winner: Ruckus

<M:96% C:65% O:80%>

3. The Taste of Defeat...

A highlight video plays for the Matt Hardy and Edge feud. The video recaps the more major events of the feud, but mainly focuses on Edge's victory at Souled Out over Matt, which actually shows video clips of the matches high spots instead of just pictures. The video focuses on the fact that Edge is dominating Hardy in the feud, making his life and Maria's a living hell.

<0:77%>

4. The New Generation

Paul Birchill and Austin Aries hit the ring with Stacey Keibler, who can dress in more skimpier clothes then usual seeing how this is MTV and the executives obviously like sex and violence! Stacey cuts a promo on her boys.

Stacey: "Monday Night, the dawning of a new generation began. A Generation of dominance, a generation of excitement, a generation of BIG proportions. Paul Birchill, the once caged monster, has been released, and has alligned himself with me and Austin."

Aries: "You see, I saw untapped potential in the big man, and believe me, so did Stacey! When Paul delivered that absolutely stunning move, that C4 to both of those guys, I realized that he was everything we expected, and more. Me and Paul, we're part of a movement in the wrestling business, we're the future. Hell, you can just call us, GENERATION NEXT!"

Stacey: "The next generation is here, and it's in the form of Austin Aries and Paul Birchill. And don't think we won't expand, because we will. As I always say, the more men the better. Speaking of more men, I believe you have a match Paul!"

<0:76% Paul Birchall debuted his new gimmick (monster), it got a positive response. >

5. Paul Birchill vs Adam Windsor

You can tell that Windsor isn't looking forward to this one by his slow concerned walk as he made his way to the ring. From the moment the bell sounded, this one was an absolute squash, with Birchill playing the monster heel and taking his agression out on Windsor. After two minutes of dominating power moves like a spinebuster, press slam, and a powerbomb, Birchill hoisted Windsor up on his shoulders and connected with the rolling Samoan crash. But he wasn't done yet, Birchill showed amazing athletiticism, hitting a standing moonsault! Schiavone freaked out when the big man hit that, but he was speechless when the monster connected with a standing shooting star press as Stacey and Austin looked on impressed as Birchill made the cover for the 1-2-3. As Stacey and Austin made their way into the ring to congradulate Paul, Air Paris came running down the ramp, which was a big mistake as he immediately met an Aries kick to the gut and a Birchill C4! Stacey watched on in delight as Birchall climbed one turnbuckle and Aries climbed the other. Aries connected on the 450 and then called for Birchill to hit something, who obliged, connecting on a shooting star press. The trio left both Paris and Windsor in the ring in pain.

WINNER: Paul Birchill

<M:81% C:50% O:65%>

6. Not a Happy Camper..

Whiskey Marc is seen sitting in a dark room, cigarette in his mouth.

Marc: "On Sunday, I felt something I didn't think was possible. I felt angry I had won a wrestling match! Why you ask? Because I didn't hear the screams of Mick Foley, I didn't hear him utter those two words, "I Quit." I may have won the match, but in reality, I didn't win anything, since Mick got appointed commissioner by Eric Bischoff. With a lunatic like that, I can only imagine what he has in store for me. But you know what, that's alright, that's ok. When Foley comes back from surgery in a couple weeks, I'll destroy whatever he puts in my path. Now get the hell out of here, this interviews over, because I'm going to hit a bar and get out of this cesspool they call..pfftt.. "Thunder".

<0:82%>

7. Sinister Creation vs DDP and Kanyon

Sinister Creation were accompanied to the ring by Sinister Minister, Lodi and Richards of the flock. DDP and Kanyon got a great response from the crowd. DDP and Kanyon stayed in control for most of the match, making quick tags and showing great teamwork with double team maneuvers including a Kanyon Springboard legdrop to Tajiri, who DDP had resting across his back. A few nearfalls for the Jersey boys in this one as Sinister Creation managed to break them up. Midmatch, the presence of the flock came into play, as Tajiri distracted the ref while Richards choked DDP on the bottom rope. Whipwreck distracted the ref later in the match, but DDP hit a clothesline on Lodi, who had entered the ring to interfere. In the end though, the numbers game just was too much for the Jersey Boys to overcome, as Whipwreck hit the whippersnapper on Kanyon and Richards prevented DDP from making the save as he held DDP's leg as the ref counted the 3. After the match, the flock delivered a four on two beatdown to the jersey boys as Sinister Minister watched on laughing before leaving the ring.

Winners: Sinister Creation

<M:83% C:72% O:77%>

8. Hello Thunder, meet Edge

Edge is backstage for an interview along with Lillian Garcia.

Edge: "So this is Thunder eh? A nice little run down show, I'm glad they can finally keep all the trash off of our show, Nitro! But besides that, I've been called a monster as of late for what I did Sunday Night, but I'm no monster, I'm simply a man, a man with a fire inside of him. And that fire gives me the drive to do what I did. See, I never wanted to hurt Maria, but then I got to thinking, what I did, didn't really hurt Maria as much as it hurt Matt. But Hey, the way I see it, I did the guy a favor, he actually got to share a hospital room with her Sunday Night! Hopefully they were able to catch up on old times. I'm sure Matt will be at Raw, and don't think for one second I won't have my eye on him when I beat my little brother, Christian! I've done it before, and I'll do it again, because we all know who's the better of the two of us, and that would be me, and that's something, that even you Lillian, can bank on!"

Edge pats Lillian's backside before walking off, leaving her shocked.

<0:77%>

9. Chris Sabin vs Ultimo Dragon

The fans were red hot for this one, as these two top talents hooked it up in good fashion. This match was a spot monkey's dream, as they seemingly threw all wrestling out of the window just to go for the big moves. The fight quickly spilled to the outside, where Dragon hit a asai DDT and then an Asai moonsault. Sabin fought back however, nailing a huge wheelbarrow suplex onto Dragon on the outside. Sabin got back in the ring, ran towards the turnbuckle, springboarded to the top and somersalted off onto Dragon which got a huge pop. Sabin only got a two count after throwing him back in the ring. A couple minutes later, Dragon hit the super dragonsteiner in the corner, but only got a two count. The end of the match saw Sabin counter a tiltawhirl with a headscissors takeover and go for Cradle Shock, but Dragon broke free and attempted the running Ligerbomb, but Sabin used Dragons momentum against him as he was able to counter into a pinning hurricanrana for the 3. Sabin rolled out of the ring, leaving Dragon frustrated in the ring as he stole this one with a surprising 3 count.

WINNER: CHRIS SABIN

<M:92% C:57% O:74%>

10. The Highlight of the Night arrives!

Chris Jericho's music hit and the crowd boo'd but also cheered as the champ is on Nitro! Jericho, dressed in suit and sunglasses, came to the ring, belt on his shoulder. He didn't even bother to do his poses before grabbing a microphone.

Y2J: "Yep, just how I remember it, a rundown, boring, asshat red headed stepchild of a television show. No wonder I didn't see anyone I recognized in the back besides Eric, who would want to show up on this crap? I mean, how many people are here? 3000? 4000? Man, I knew Eric wanted another television show, but this is ridiculous. This is scraping the bottom of the barrel. And on MTV no less, that's funny really. You want to know something about MTV, They refuse to play my band Fozzy's videos on TRL even though all the Jerichoholics are requesting them 24/7. So if they refuse to play my videos, then I refuse to provide them with the quality, show stealing entertainment that only Chris Jericho can provide. As far as I'm concerned, Monday Night Jericho is all the highlight of the night needs. Wednesday Night "Thunder," or should I say, Wednesday Night Blunder, can kiss my ass, because I will never, evvvvvvver, defend this title on a show like this!"

Jericho's music hits as the champ walks out without talking to anyone, apparently disgusted by the debut of Thunder.

<0:93%>

11. Sonny Siaki vs Colt Cabana

Cabana and Siaki main eventing a show? YES!  The fans were definitely happy as these two came out. Despite being a heel, Cabana got a pretty good response from the crowd, who seem to be enjoying his quality matches. Siaki, or "The Siak"'s gimmick is quite over with the fans, who really seem to be enjoying it. These two hooked it up with a series of counters in the early going as neither man was able to gain an advantage. Finally Siaki got some chops off to the chest of Cabana, which instantly turned red. Siaki didn't hold the advantage too long, as Cabana immediately hit a back body drop and locked in a leg grapevine. Siaki fought back however, eventually hitting a DDT and going up top, hitting a legdrop which got a 2 count. Siaki hit a pretty impressive bodyslam inverted DDT like maneuver which got a great response from the crowd. Cabana caught Siaki as he attempted a springboard cross body, and delivered a huge fallaway slam. Cabana went up top, looking for a moonsault, but Siaki hung him up top in a tree of woe before connecting on a baseball slide ot the face for another two count. Later in the match, Cabana finally got the upperhand with the bearhug DDT and a snap ledgrop from the second rope. Cabana called for the Colt 45, but Siaki hit a standing dropkick instead and went for a backflip splash, but Cabana got the knees up, kipped up and hit the colt 45 for the 1-2-3 victory. After the match he celebrated as his victory concludes the first episode of Thunder!

WINNER: Colt Cabana

<M:99% C:78% O:88%>

SHOW RATING: 77%

Guest Crossface

Good Thunder,i liked the Stacy promo and the formation of GN,i hope that more tag teams like that will pop up in the future to replace the stinky LOD.

Wow...every time I read, I find something I like better. Love the hype for Thunder, loved the promos, and I like Generation Next. This definitely is a good diary. Please keep it up because this is what my WCW really deserved, not what Vince gave it :( (Y)

user posted image

WCW Monday Nitro

Monday, February 6th, 2006

"I'm Back..and Better then ever.." And out comes the boss before Meltzer can even welcome us to the show. Bischoff is all smiles tonight, as everything seems to be going his way as of late. He gets in the ring to a decent ovation before grabbing a microphone.

Eric: "As you can see, I'm in a good mood. And why? Well, I'll get to that later, but first, I have some announcements to make regarding a major event. You see, on March 19th, WWE will hold the yearly spectical of wrestling, the grandaddy of them all, Wrestlemania. Well Vince, competition has arrived. You see, I've decided, instead of having Uncensored in March, we're going to have a much larger event, an event equal to that of Wrestlemania. That's why, live from Altanta, Georgia inside the GEORGIA DOME, on March 19th, 2006 World Championship Wrestling will host the return of the most epic event in wrestling history, the orginal grandaddy of em all, THE CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS *crowd pops*. It will be an all weekend fan festival, all three nights will have action, but the highlight of the weekend will undoubtedly be the the actual show on Sunday Night! The road to the clash begans tonight, as we have a mere 6 weeks left!

But that's not the only reason I'm out here. You see, your new WCW Commissioner Mick Foley will not be here tonight, as he's recovering from his successful knee surgery from last Thursday. Mick will be out of action for a couple weeks, but then rest assured, he'll be back and he'll lay down the law. But for tonight, I'll be doing the honors. You see, after last week's train wreck that was MY main event, I've decided that this whole thing has to be resolved TONIGHT! That is why, in tag team action, Eddie Guerrero will team with Heavyweight champion Chris Jericho to take on the team of C.M. Punk...and STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN! *crowd pop*.

Finally, I have one more MAJOR announcement to make, and Vince, I think you'lle want to hear this one. You see, some time ago, I asked the fans who they wanted me to sign from WWE, and I gave them a choice. They made their decision, and I had no trouble whatsoever getting this guy to come to WCW. So without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, the newest member of WCW....MY NEPHEW....EUGENE!!!!"

Eugene's music hits and out comes the loveable man as the crowd goes wild Eugene waves to the crowd and claps his hands in excitement before rolling into the ring and trying to grab the microphone away from Eric Bischoff. Eric gets Eugene to finally calm down and stand next to him.

Eric: "That's right, Eugene is here on WCW! Now Eugene, I want to ask you a question, are you ready? Ok, Eugene, who is your favorite Wrestler?"

Eugene: "CHRIS JERICHO!!!!!"

Eugene runs to the ropes and does the Jericho pose as the crowd has a mixed reaction to his answer, but laughs none the less. Eugene runs back to Eric.

Eric: "Chris Jericho? I thought you liked that other guy....you know..The guy with the big nose?"

Eugene: "I did...but now..now..now I don't have to say that anymore!"

The crowd laughs at Eugene's response.

Eric: "Well you know what Eugene, I have another surprise, this time, this one's for you. A few years ago, I gave a man a chance to prove himself to me by helping me out with, well, with you Eugene! And in his contract, it stated that wherever Eugene goes, this guy must keep a close eye on you! I'm talking about your friend, WILLIAM REGAL!!!"

Regal's music hits and out comes the british gentlemen in suit and tie to a great reaction from the crowd, who are absolutely shocked. William gets in the ring and is met by a huge hug from Eugene. He shakes hands with Eric Bischoff and grabs the microphone.

Regal: "Vince, I want you to listen good sunshine. You never respected the likes of me, and you made that obvious by making me do disgusting and purposturous things like, like..Kiss your ass..ugh. Listen here ya Bloody millionaire, I've crossed the line, I've defected, and now you Vince Mcmahon can kiss MY ASS!

Eric: "Now Vince, I know your already speed dialing you lawyers, well, you can hang up that phone. You see, last month, when you stole two of my guys, what you didn't realize is that they were both signed to DEVELOPMENTAL DEALS and not verbal agreements like they told you. If you go so far as to file a lawsuit against WCW, We'll counter twice as fast. You see, you got greedy, you stole two. I only stole one. I suggest you make Mr. Regal's contract null and void, or we'll fight you in court Vince, and rest assured, with the stipulation in Regal's contract and the fact that you breached two 7 year WCW Development deals worth way more then what you paid William Regal, you'lle only be making a fool of yourself. And don't think I'm not finished Vince, I'm just getting started!"

Eric's music hits and the trio leave to a thunderous ovation, what a shocking way to start off Nitro!

<0:89% William Regal gained overness from this segment. Eugene Dinsmore gained overness from this segment.>

RUCKUS VS BILLY KIDMAN, WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Ruckus is surely gaining popularity quickly here in WCW, but it's definitely not the good kind! Kidman comes out, and the crowd is all over him despite his clean victory last week. With both superstars in the ring, they tied up in the early going, but neither could get the advantage as they cleanly breaked twice. Finally Kidman got the upperhand and backed Ruckus into the corner and delivered a huge open hand slap to the chest. Whip by Kidman to the other corner and Ruckus jumps up and avoids a charging Billy Kidman as he turned him over for a sunset flip that got a two count. Ruckus took  control from there, connecting on shots to the face and a bodyslam followed by a standing legdrop and standing backflip press that got another two count. Ruckus connected on a back heel trip and went up top, but Kidman shoved him to the outside as he goes going for a moonsault or something of that extent with his back turned to Kidman. Kidman climbed the top rope and delivered a shooting star press to the outside on a standing Ruckus.

A quick holy shit chant with that one as Kidman rolls him in the ring and gets a two count. We see Rey Mysterio in the back, looking on at this one via a monitor. In the ring, Kidman has taken control, connecting on a tornado DDT And a springboard elbow drop that gets another two count. Ruckus fought back however and regained control of the match with great momentum, connecting on the Razzle Dazzle and the Poetic Ruckus 450 that only got a two count as Ruckus was quite shocked, as even Meltzer thought we had a new champ. Ruckus went for the falcon arrow, but Kidman got away, Ruckus went behind Kidman, but Kidman hit a lower blow kick between the legs that the ref didn't see. After that, it was all downhill for Ruckus as Kidman hit the Kid Crusher and the shooting star for the three count and celebrated his victory in the ring. Meanwhile, we cut back to backstage, where we see Rey shaking his head at Kidman's cheating antics before walking off.

WINNER: BILLY KIDMAN

<M:92% C:54% O:73%>

We go backstage and see Stacey Keibler, Austin Aries and Paul Birchill in their locker room. They seem to just be chilling out.

Austin: "So Paul, when did you learn that move, that C4?"

Paul: "I just picked it up one day while training."

Stacey: "It's absolutely spectacular. Words cannot describe it Paul, they really can't. I've NEVER seen a move that dominating before in my life."

Austin: "Well, with the exception of the 450 of course!"

Stacey: "Well of course, Austin, you're the master and commander of the aerial assault. But as much as I like the 450, there's another number I like just as much Austin...can you guess what it is?"

Austin: "Well Stace, if I had to take a guess, there's probably a 6 and a 9 in there somewhere right?"

Stacey grabs Austin's hand and the two leave the room together as Austin grins at Birchill, who gives an evil grin before going back to watching old footage of his tag matches with Air Paris on the flatscreen tv.

<0:82% Paul Birchall gained overness from this segment. >

We switch to a different part of backstage, where CM Punk is walking with reason backstage. He turns a corner and see Eddie Guerrero skipping rope, getting ready for the match later tonight.

CM: "Just the man I wanted to see."

Eddie: "Oh you'lle see me later tonight essay, you'lle see me when you're laying backfirst in that ring!"

CM: "We'll just see about that, but that's not why I'm here Eddie. I want a match Eddie"

Eddie: "Are you stupid holmes, did you not hear Eric Bischoff? We have a tag match later tonight, what are you, smoking crack or something?"

CM: "No Eddie, I'm straight Edge, and since you've never heard that term before in your life, let me spell it out for you. I'm drug free and I'm alchohol free. But hey, those two are things your quite familiar with aren't you?"

Eddie: "What are you saying holmes?"

CM: "Being straight edge means I'm better then you, and I want a match to prove it. This wednesday, THUNDER, me and you, let's settle the score. You've won one, I've won one. Winner takes all."

Eddie: "You want me to perform on...Thunder? That show? That disgusting run down breeding ground for no talent garbage? Come to think of it, you fit that description holmes. Alright essay, you want the match, you got the match. But don't go crying to your mommy when I prove to you and all those other jackasses on that show just how overrated you are!"

Eddie walks off, leaving CM Punk standing there.

<0:76%>

Sonny Siaki is already in the ring waiting for his opponent. "CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKAAA" Hits and out comes Booker T to a huge response. He does his intro and his pyro hits. As he's making his way to the ring, he's attacked from Behind by Whipwreck and Tajiri! Lodi, Stevie Richards and Billy Kidman join in on the attack as Raven shouts orders while Torrie and Sinister Minister watch on. They roll Book in the ring, and Siaki, thinking he has a clean win, goes for the pin. Lodi climbs to the top rope and delivers a legdrop right onto the referee, who was counting the three. Siaki gets up and turns around, only to receive a Stevie Kick! Lodi and Whipwreck hold Book up on his knee's, long enough to Tajiri to hit the kick of death! While all this is going on, Raven, US Title around his waist,  is sitting in the corner, microphone in hand.

Raven: "Eric Bischoff, I told you this would happen. YOU CAN'T CONTROL US. We have you backed into a corner. You can't fire us because you know we'll all go elsewhere.  You see, we have you in a position where you MUST accept the fact that we are a force to be reckoned with and there's just not much you can do about. Eric Bischoff does not run WCW, Mick Foley does not run WCW, Chris Jericho does not run WCW, these people are mere figureheads to the true group in control, The Flock! Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

<0:86% Sonny Siaki debuted his new gimmick (impressionist). Stevie Richards gained overness from this segment. >

Meltzer: "These guys, they just don't care. One of our featured matches is now ruined by these heathens, these monsters."

Coach: "Shh, shutup Meltzer, don't look at them, they're walking up the ramp, we don't want to start trouble."

Meltzer: "It's not right Coach, it's not right and you know it!"

Backstage, we See Scott Steiner walking towards the guerilla position to get ready for his match. He stops and looks into a room, where loud noises are coming from. He walks in, only to see Colt Cabana playing Super Smash Brothers Melee on Gamecube! (cheap plug for our sponsors!). Cabana is obsessed with the game, not even realizing Steiner is watching him.

Steiner: "Is that all life is, one big video game to you?"

Cabana jumps in his chair, startled, and falls backwards in the chair. He's now laying in the ground and see's who it is, Scott Steiner.

Cabana: "Oh hey Scott, didn't see you back there."

Steiner: "Yeah I bet, I'll tell you what you need to do, you need to stop playing video games at work and start watching the show on that television. You might learn something."

Cabana: "That's ok, I prefer smash brothers, I've almost got to the final boss!"

Steiner: "It's punks like you that don't have any respect for this business, my match is up next, you better watch, perhaps you could learn a little from the ring general that is Big Poppa Pump"

Cabana: "Well Scott, lemme ask you a question, what am I gonna learn? How to punch someone? How to do a "Belly to belly" suplex? Perhaps I should watch the technique of your pushups you do! Oh, who could forget the devastating Steiner Recliner, my god!"

Steiner: "Listen here.."

Cabana: "No you listen to me Steiner, you old fogey. Maybe you should watch some of my matches Pal, perhaps you could learn *snickers* a moonsault, or *snickers* the Colt 45. I'd love to see you do either one of those!

Steiner: "I'll have my eye on your Punk!"

Cabana: "No, I'm Colt, Punk should be around here somewhere though"

Steiner leaves the room frustrated, leaving Cabana flat on his back still on the floor!

<0:86%>

WHISKEY MARC VS SCOTT STEINER

Whiskey Came out to huge heat, while Steiner came out to a great crowd reaction as the fans really enjoy the presence of the largest arms in the world! From the opening bell, this one was an all out slugfest, with both superstars enjoying connecting on stiff right hands to the face. It looks as if they're trying to one up each other in the ring, seeing who can hit each other harder! Whiskey gains the upperhand with big haymakers and then a sidewalk slam! Whiskey connected on a big legdrop that produced a two count. Whiskey argued with the ref to count faster. As he was yelling the ref, Steiner connected on a back suplex. Steiner with falling elbowdrop pin, but Bounches off and does pushups in the ring. Whiskey jumps to his feet and stomps Steiner right in the back as he was trying to get up. Whiskey connects on a double underhook backbreaker, but only gets a two count.Whiskey with an irish whip and a thunderous spinebuster on Steiner. Whiskey says it's over and goes up top for the Broken beer bottle splash (frog splash), but Steiner catches him up top and climbs up top, delivering a couple more shots before connecting on a huge superplex for a two count.

Steiner picked him up and connected on the belly to belly and uncharacteristically, went to the top rope, Steiner jumped off with an elbow drop, but Marc quickly moved out of the way and Steiner went crashing to the mat. He clutched his elbow, and Marc went to work on it, delivering kicks to the elbow which caused even more pain to Steiner, as the injury actually looks legit.Marc irish whipped Steiner, but steiner connected on a clothesline with the other arm! Working one handedly, Steiner picked up Marc, but Marc fought back with shots to the midsection. Gutwrench powerbomb by Marc! Marc picks up Steiner and irish whips him and puts his head down, SPIKE DDT BY STEINER! Steiner rolls on top of Marc, and hooks in the steiner recliner!! Even though he's working without the majority of power in one of his arms, Marc taps out to the hold, selling the dominance of it. Hey, isn't this the same guy who wouldn't give up after a double arm ddt on barbed wire? Let's just forget about that! Great match for Steiner, who goes to celebrate, on the top rope, while clutching his arm, but Whiskey attacks him from behind, pulling him off the top rope. FULL NELSON SUPLEX by Whiskey Marc and Steiner clutches his arm while Whiskey Marc evilly laughs before leaving

WINNER: SCOTT STEINER

<M:73% C:88% O:83%>

We go backstage, and Austin Aries and Stacey Keibler are walking hand in hand, both looking a bit tired after their ..let's just say escapade. All of a sudden, they look ahead, and see Maria. Stacey walks up to Maria

Stacey: "Oh Maria, so glad to see you're back, we didn't expect you back this time after that attack from Edge. You must be a real wreck after everything you've been through with mat. Speaking of wreck, wow, look at your face! You look awful!"

Maria had heard enough and slaps Stacey in the face! Stacey jumps on Maria as the two roll around backstage. Coach is yelling CATFIGHT!!!! at the top of his lungs, doing his best Joey Styles impersonation. Road agents come and try to break it up as the two are rolling around on the floor. After about 30 seconds, Aries was able to grab Stacey from Behind as she tried to get to Maria, who was being held back by road agents. The crowd was definitely into this one, as we haven't had a catfight on Nitro in quite awhile!

<0:67% Stacy Keibler lost overness from this segment. >

EDGE VS CHRISTIAN

Christian came out first and the peeps were eating him up as they love this guy, who should be in line for a main event run at any time now. Edge out next and the crowd is all over him with boo's, Edge couldn't buy a fan in this arena! It looks as if we're gonna have a test of strength to start it out, but Edge kicks Christian in the gut and this one is underway. Edge with a hiptoss, but Christian counters and clotheslines Edge before applying a front headlock. Edge reverses with an armringer, but is met by a huge back elbow. Christian hits the ropes, but Edge hits an armdrag, but then Christian hits one of his own and applies an armbar to Edge to slow the pace. Edge gets to his feet and reverses the armbar, but Christian pokes him in the eyes! Christian calls him a bitch before irish whipping him and delivering a back body drop followed by an atomic drop. In Control, Christian kicks edge in the stomach and delivers a DDT! Christian goes up top, CROSS BODY CONNECTS! 1-2-Kickout. Christian applies a headlock, but Edge shoots him into the ropes. Christian with a shoulder takedown on Edge. Christian hits the ropes, Edge hits the ground, then jumps over him, finally hitting him with a spinnin gwheel kick on the next encounter!

Edge goes to the top rope and connects with the missile dropkick, but before he can make a pin, something in the crowd distracts him, it's a main in trenchcoat, glasses and a black Beanie. Edge, obviously thinking it's Matt Hardy, leaves the ring and starts to walk over to him, but Christian climbs up top and dives right onto Edge! Christian gets up and irish whips Edge right into the stairs before throwing him back in the ring and getting a two count. Christian with a scoop slam on edge and hits the ropes, connecting on a huge knee drop to the gut before getting another two. Christian goes behind edge, but Edge with a standing switch. Christian runs towards the ropes, but Edge holds on and rolls him up for a two count. Edge lifts christian up and is behind him again, Edge goes for a german, but Christian blocks and goes behind, connecting on the inverted facelock back breaker. Christian picks him up and connects on the falling inverted DDT! Christian goes for the cover, 1-2-Kickout!

Christian picks up edge and irish whips him, SPEAR!!!! Edge goes to the top rope and waits for Christian to get to his feet, SPINNING WHEEL KICK FROM THE TOP ROPE CONNECTS! 1-2-Kickout. Edge with an irish whip and puts his head down, Christian with a kick to the chest, Edge ducks a christian clothesline, EDGEACUTION! Edge makes the cover, 1-2-3. Edge picks up the win and rolls outside to confront the man that distracted him earlier. He walks up the man, and takes off his beanie, but to edge's shock he has short blonde hair!

Meltzer: "MY GOD, MATT HARDY JUST CAME FROM UNDER THE RING AND HE'S BEHIND EDGE!!!!!"

Coach: "Edge, LOOKOUT!!!"

Hardy spins edge around and kicks him in the stomach, TWIST OF FATE!!!! The crowd marks out hard Matt, who knows how long he's been under the ring! Hardy grabs a chair and slams it on the ground a couple times, awaiting Edge to get to his feet. He does and Matt lays him out with a stiff as hell chairshot!! Hardy throws the chair on the ground and raises his hands in the air as his music hits the PA System!

WINNER: EDGE

<M:80% C:86% O:84% Edge gained overness from this match. >

We go backstage, where we see Jericho. He grabs the mic out of Mean Gene's hand and shoves him out of the picture, he's obviously pissed off about something.

Y2J: "I'm going to make this short and I'm going to make this sweet. Eric Bischoff, how dare you book me in a match without confronting me beforehand junior. Let me get this straight, I have to team up with a guy I beat just a couple of months ago. Eddie Guerrero, the taco eating resident of WCW. And my opponents, first, you got a guy who unrightfully won that match against me last week, the man they call the future of pro wrestling, CM Skunk! And then you've got the next person to be added to my list of casualties, Stone Cold Steve Austin. Well Austin, you will never....ever..beat me for my heavyweight title, and as far as tonight goes, don't cross me, because I'll put you right back to where you came from, the shelf."

<0:98% Chris Jericho gained overness from this segment. >

CM PUNK AND STEVE AUSTIN VS EDDIE GUERRERO AND CHRIS JERICHO

Eddie out first to heat from the crowd, but not nearly as much heat as world Champion Chris Jericho, who does all his poses before getting in the ring. Jericho and Guerrero exchange words in the ring as CM Punk's music hits. CM comes out to an absolutely greate response, but it's nowhere near as much as Steve Austin, as the crowd goes absolutely wild as he gets by far the biggest ovation of the night. Austin comes walking down the ramp and him and CM get in the ring at the same time and started to go to work, as Eddie and CM and Austin and Jericho exchanged blows. Austin with right hands that took Jericho right up and over the top rope. Austin followed Jericho out of the ring and into the crowd as those two battled out of site. In the ring, CM Punk is all over Eddie Guerrero, connecting on a spinning heel kick and a backflip press early that gets a two count. Devils Lock DDT by CM Punk that gets a two count. Punk in firm control with an irish whip, Eddie ducks a clothesline and hits a dropkick that sends Punk to the outside. Eddie slingshots up and over onto CM Punk.

Meanwhile, Austin and Jericho have fought back to the ring, with Austin on the offensive, clothesline Jericho up and over the guardrail, back onto the floor. Austin rolls Jericho onto the ring, but Jericho delivers kicks to Austin as he rolled back into the ring. irish whip by Jericho, LOU THESZ PRESS! Austin goes to to work with right hands to the face and hits the ropes, going to drop the two finger salute elbow, but Eddie lowers the top rope and Austin goes to outside, landing on his feet and delivering right hands to Eddie. Eddie turns around only to meet a CM Punk kick and DDT. CM irish whips Eddie into Austin, who back body drops him on the outside. CM and Austin roll into the ring, trapping Jericho. Jericho looks like he's going to go 2 on 1, but rolls out of the ring. CM Punk follows him around the ring. Meanwhile, Eddie attacks Austin from the back and delivers a bodyslam. Eddie goes to the outside and connects on the slingshot senton, but only gets a 2 count. Eddie with an irish whip, Austin reverses and throws Eddie over the top rope with a back body drop. CM Punk now rolls Jericho into the ring! He's all alone with Jericho! Jericho goes for a clothesline, Austin ducks and goes to work with right hands that sends Jericho into the corner. Austin stomps a mudhole in Jericho while CM takes care of Eddie on the outside.

CM Punk rolls back into the ring and him and Austin connect on a double team vertical suplex. Austin holds Jericho in a full nelson while CM hits the ropes, CM goes for a clothesline, but Jericho breaks free and CM hits Austin with a dropkick! Jericho rolls CM Punk kicks Jericho in the stomach and irish whips him, putting his head down, ONE ARM BULLDOG! Jericho hits the ropes, Lionsault connects!!! Jericho goes for the pin, Austin goes to break it up, but he's blindsided by Eddie, who tackles Austin to the mat, 1-2-3 and JERICHO AND EDDIE WIN!!! But it's not over as Austin has gotten the upperhand on Eddie. Austin irish whips Eddie right into Jericho and Jericho hits the ground. Eddie turns around, STUNNER! Austin turns around and walks right into a Jericho LOW BLOW KICK!!! We fade out as we see Austin rolling around on the ground in pain as Jericho looks back with an angry look on his face.

WINNERS: CHRIS JERICHO AND EDDIE GUERRERO

<M:88% C:91% O:90%>

SHOW RATING: 81%

Guest Crossface

Funny funny show.

Cabana: "Well Scott, lemme ask you a question, what am I gonna learn? How to punch someone? How to do a "Belly to belly" suplex? Perhaps I should watch the technique of your pushups you do! Oh, who could forget the devastating Steiner Recliner, my god!"

ROFL.

user posted image

Source: NODQ.COM

Tuesday, February 7th, 2006

- RATINGS -

Primetime:

WWE - 6.06

WCW - 5.42

ECW - 5.41

WCW Squeaks out a win over ECW with a strong Nitro. This nitro was one of the best in recent memory.

EUGENE AND REGAL DEBUT!!

We here at Nodq were in utter shock to see William Regal on Nitro, as we were also surprised by Eugene as well. It was expected that Big Show would be the defecting superstar to WCW, but apparently that's not the case, as Eric has found a way to bring two great talents to WCW. We look forward to these two's future work.

AMAZING RED: Moving up

The amazing Red is moving up from the lowermidcard to the midcard following his work in the last week.

Christian: Main Eventer in testing

WCW has decided to bump Christian up to the main event to see how fans will react to him.

Colt Cabana: On fire

Colt Cabana is the fastest rising star in WCW at this point in time, and that has caused him to be bumped up to the upper midcard. This guy's segments are amongst the best in WCW. Rumor has it, he may even surpass CM Punk by as early as next month!

Ruckus: Red hot

Ruckus is also being heralded as one of the fastest rising stars in WCW. Incredibly, his stock has been rising just as fast as Cabana's, and he is being bumped from the lower midcard to the midcard, with a bump to the uppermidcard possibly happenign within the next two weeks.

Siaki: upper midcard material

Yet another status change, as Sonny Siaki will be moving up from midcard to upper midcard. Many people backstage are very impressed by his recent gimmick work and his ability to impersonate The Rock!

RUMOR: WCW signs at least 20 wrestlers, prepares to buy ROH rights?

In addition to William Regal and Eugene, rumor has it that Eric Bischoff has signed an additional 20 wrestlers to his list of talent, with more potentially coming. In addition, they've also increased staff size by quite a bit. It is also being said that Eric may have an ROH deal sealed up by early as tomorrow.

WCW makes some cuts, sends one down to development

To future our rumor that WCW has signed a lot of new talent, WCW made some cuts shortly after Nitro. Here is the list of talent that who's contracts were bought out:

Katsuyori Shibata

Kenny B

Takao

Ryuji Ito

All four were seen as not developing fast enough in Atlantic City Wrestling. In addition, Sexxxy Eddie has been sent down to ACW, as WCW has no current plans for him.

user posted image

WCW THUNDER

Wednesday, February 8th, 2006

Tony Schiavone: "Good evening and welcome to Thunder! I'm Tony Schiavone,

Bobby Heenan: "And I'm more handsome then him"

Schiavone: "Alongside me, a pleasure as always, Bobby "The Brain" Hennan."

Heenan: "You know something Schiavone, you have a pretty good gig here, usually people have to pay to be in the grace of my presence. "

Schiavone: "Is that so Brain?"

Heenan: "Yep, they pay, do their job, then leave!"

Schiavone: "I won't even go there..."

1. Ultimo Dragon vs Austin Lee

Austin Lee got a pretty stale response from the crowd, but Dragon got a great response as he's definitely one of the more underrated stars of WCW. The two tie up in the early going and Lee gets the upperhand, but quickly loses it to Dragon, who pretty much took control the entire match. Dragon went for the running liger bomb fairly early, but Austin Lee managed to hit a hurricanrana to reverse. Lee went up top, but missed on a moonsault, which prompted Dragon to hook in the dragon sleeper. In the end, Dragon just proved to be too knowledgeable in the ring, as Lee fell to the Running LIgerbomb after Dragon hit a fury of kicks. Dragon celebrated in the ring as we officially kick off Thunder!

Winner: Ultimo Dragon

<M:93% C:56% O:74%>

2. Want respect? Attack a bigger dog!

Booker T is backstage, about to cut an interview, but before he can answer Lillian Garcia's question, he blindsided by non other then Chris Sabin! Sabin attacked Book with a series of mounted fists to the face before hitting spin kick onto Booker T. He looked at Lillian and grabbed the microphone.

Sabin: "Booker T, don't take personal, I'm just making a statement!"

Sabin spits on Booker T before walking off, leaving Book down and in a world of hurt.

<0:79%>

3. Jersey Boys vs Backseat Boyz

Trent acid and Johnny Kashmere came out first to a chorus of boo's. DDP and Kanyon hit the ring next and the crowd popped for the boys from Jersey. Great matchup here, as both teams displayed a great deal of technical wrestling, reversing armringers and simple submissions. DDP got the upperhand on Acid early in the contest via a stiff Lariat. Kashmere had to breakup the pin following that one. DDP made the tag to Kanyon, who came in and unleashed on Acid in the corner, delivering right hands. Kanyon went up for a superplex, but Acid pushed him off and connected with a legdrop before making the tag to Kashmere. Kashmere hit  a springboard dropkick onto Kanyon which got a two. Kashmere and Acid took control of the matchup from there on out, making quick tags and excuting on double team maneuvers on Kanyon while DDP could do nothing but watch. Acid hit the Blue thunder bomb, but DDP had to break up the pin. While the ref was restoring order, Kashmere went up top and connected on a diving bulldog to Kanyon. DDP hit the ring again, but he was met by an acid Yakuza kick. T-Gimmick to Kanyon gives Acid the pinfall over Kanyon in this one as the crowd boo's in disapproval.

WINNERS: The Backseat Boyz

<M:86% C:69% O:77%>

4. Impersonations aren't always Nice!

Sonny Siaki is looking at himself in a mirror backstage, raising his eyebrow and posing amongst himself. Sean O'Haire appears behind him. Siaki stops the silly poses and turns around.

O'Haire: "Lemme ask you something Siaki, lately, you haven't been yourself. This isn't the Sonny Siaki I'm use to. No this is a much different man, a man, who doesn't want to act like himself. Why Sonny? Because you knew that Sonny Siaki wasn't good enough to get over with these fans? "

Siaki: "Is that what you think?"

O'Haire:"Well to be honest.."

Siaki: "It doesn't matter what you think! Listen here you Rudy poo candy..."

O'Haire: "Sonny, I'm sorry, "The Siak", just cut the crap for one second. I'm not here for a fight. I'm just here to ask you why? Why must you capitolize off of someone elses personality? In my eyes, you're no better then these little girls and boys who dress up to follow scenes. You know, the punk rockers, the goths, the trendy hipsters, the things that this miserable station, MTV, promote!"

Siaki: "Sean O'Haire, you run your mouth, and for the last few weeks, all The Siak hears is, "I just want to enlighten the masses," Well let me tell you something, whatever your selling, The Siak isn't buying. The Siak thinks that you can take your enlightment, turn it all sideways, and stick it.."

O'Haire: "Whoa whoa whoa, you carbon copy year round halloween enthusiast, enough of the catch phrases, because I know each one of them individually inside and out, I've heard them a million times, because they've been said a million times! Speaking of individually, isn't wrestling about being yourself? Being original? Being inventive. I'll leave you with this: They always say the original is always better then the remake Siaki, and you're as fake as they come. You say you're not buying whatever I'm selling? Well then, I guess that leaves me no choice but to beat what I'm selling into you. Next week, you and me, if you smelLLLLLLLLl.., what I'm trying to sell!"

Siaki: "The Siak accepts. And I want you to think about this, when you're laying on your back, in the middle of the ring as I deliver the most electrifying legdrop in the world today, I want you to think about all the people you've annoyed in recent weeks, because I'm the peoples champ, and I do it for them...If you smellllllalalalaowwww.. what the Siak.."

O'Haire doesn't let him finish and puts his finger on Siaki's mouth before sssshhhh'ing him and walking out, leaving Siaki standing there.

<0:74% >

5. Austin Aries and Paul Birchill vs Lodi, Tajiri and Mikey Whipwreck

Schiavone informed us that Aries and Birchill actually asked for a three on two match for tonight. The Flock came out to a pretty solid response of hatred, as they've definitely got heat. Stevie Richards accompanied them to the ring. Aries, Birchill and Stacey hit the ring next in dramatic fashion. Stacey looks something like a cross between a high class supermodel and a pornstar, definitely hot in that slutty way. Birchill started this one off and simply dominated Lodi, delivering a Spinebuster, press slam and sitout powerbomb for a pin that Tajiri had to breakup. Birchill makes the tag to Aries, who comes in with shots on Lodi before connecting on an extremely creative full nelson to an inverted DDT variation. Aries teases Lodi, taking him into the flocks corner and teasing letting him make a tag before connecting on a  huge german suplex that saw Lodi do a flip and land on his stomach. Aries connects on a dropkick and makes the tag to the monster. Birchill lifts Lodi up for a press slam, but Aries goes up top and dives off, connecting on a ace crusher to Lodi, who was elevated high in the air! Birchill makes a tag to Aries, who goes up top and connects on the 450 splash to Lodi! Aries makes the cover in their corner, and Whipwreck and Tajiri run in to make the save, but Birchill stands in front of Lodi, stopping Tajiri and Whipwreck dead in their track. The ref counts the 1-2-3 as we have a standoff in the ring between sinister creation and Birchill.

Stevie Richards shouts at them to attack, but they don't Richards gets in the ring and yells at them while Birchill watches all this going down. Tajiri and whipwreck finally attack Birchill, but don't get very far as Birchill shoves them both away. Richards sqeaks out of the ring as Birchill picks them both up, DOUBLE C4 and Schiavone goes crazy! We think the madness is over, but not quite. On the outside, Stevie Richards has began walking up the ramp and makes it to the top as he's walking backwards, witnessing the carnage in the ring. All of a sudden, someone comes out of the entrance. Stevie Richards turns around to leave, SUPERKICK!!!!!! The shadow emerges out on the entrance ramp, IT'S MICHAEL SHANE!!!

WINNER: Aries and Birchill

<M:81% C:61% O:71%>

6. The Generation grows...

Michael Shane makes his way to the ring in cocky fashion as Aries and Stacey clap for him. Stacey grabs a mic as Shane shakes Birchill's hand and hugs Aries.

Stacey: "The revolution known as Generation Next has been in full recruit mode the past week, and I've scored! I've scored by bringing yet another talented athlete to Generation Next. Everyone says this guy has a bright future ahead of him, but I say, by alligning with us, his star just got a little brighter!"

Shane: "Thank you Stacey, and thank you for earlier, that was most awesome! The franchise player has arrived in the form of greatness. You see, I've done it all in that other promotion, and the fact is, I was simply waisting my time, waiting for something to happen. But I won't wait any longer, WE won't wait any longer, the time is now, and we will seize the opportunity. We're Generation Next, and there's nothing you can do to prevent the future from happening NOW!"

Shane, Birchill and Aries pose in the ring while Stacey points to them, licking her lips. I wonder how many more guy's she'll have to recruit before she's satisfied!

<0:62% Michael Shane gained overness from this segment. >

7. WHAT A RUSH.....

The Legion of Doom come out to a great response, tag titles around their waists. Hurricane grabs a microphone.

Hurricane: "The Legion of Doom is back and we are, you're world tag team champions! And as champions, we're always looking to defend out gold. That is why tonight, we're issuing an open challenge!"

Animal: "Sinister Creation, Jersey Boyz, anyone in the back who thinks they can beat us, come out now, because we're looking for a fight!"

They wait in the ring 15 seconds before two guys come out dressed in all white with white masks to no theme music, the crowd is dead and Schiavone says that he believes they are the Los Conquistadors. The Conquistadors get in the ring and Animal and Hurricane, even though a little confused, shake their hands and we have a tag team title match on our hands!

<0:68%>

8. Legion of Doom vs The Los Conquistadors, tag team title match

Schiavone: "I'm confused with this one, these guys certainly don't look like conquistadors, they're too tall to be mexican!"

Heenan: "What are you, an idiot? Haven't you heard of Yao Ming? The guy's like 9 feet tall!"

Schiavone: "His last name is Ming Brain, do the math."

Heenan: "I just did, he's 9 feet tall!"

One of the masked wrestlers and Hurricane lock it up in the early going, with the Conquistador gaining the upperhand after a test of stregnth. Hard shots by the masked grappler, who whips Hurricane off the ropes and connects with a textbook dropkick. Tag made to the other Conquistador, and he takes control with an armringer and a hiptoss before making an early cover getting the two count. The fans are very confused, as there's no telling who these Conquistadors even are. Hurricane finally gets some offense, who makes the tag to Animal, who comes in on fire, connecting on clotheslines, then a bodyslam, then finally a powerslam. Irish whip to one of the conquistadors and Animal lifts him up for a press slam. The other Conquistador connects on a superkick to Animal and the Conquistador he had above his head fell on top of him for a pin, which Hurricane broke up. The Conquistadors take control of Animal and go to work, making quick tags and using the speed advantage against Animal. These guys definitely aren't lightweights, but they're quite agile, and they've definitely teamed together before, as they have great ring chemistry. After about 3 minutes of domination, Animal finally connected on a spinebuster and made the hot tag to Hurricane. From there on out, all hell broke loose, and one of the Conquistadors and Animal battled on the outside, before he sent animal crashing into the ring steps.The other conquistador hit a huge spear and a delayed vertical suplex on Hurricane, as he let the blood rush to the head. The other Conquistador got into the ring and held Hurricane in front of him while the other one went to the top rope AND DOVE OFF, CONNECTING ON A HUGE LEGDROP!

Schiavone: "Wait a second, I've seen that move before!!"

One of the Conquistadors makes the cover on Hurricane, 1...2...3 AND WE SHOCKINGLY HAVE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPS! One of the Conquistador's picks up and Hurricane and throws him over the top rope and he lands with a huge thud. Meanwhile the second Conquistador has rolled Animal into the ring while the other gets a table and sets it up on the outside. They both get in the ring and lift Animal up, POWERBOMB THROUGH THE TABLE!!!

Schiavone: "MY GOD!! They broke him in two!!"

The Conquistador's look at their newly won tag team gold before throwing them to the ground. They peel off the masks

Schiavone: "IT'S JAMES STORM AND CHRIS HARRIS!! These guys are one of the best tag teams in the world, and they're here, in WCW? I don't believe this Brain, they've destroyed the legion of doom!"

The crowd is boo'ing heavily as Storm and Harris walk out with their newly won gold as Hurricane and a crew of EMT's are checking up on Animal as a stretcher is starting to be wheeled out to ringside.

WINNER: The Los Conquistadors

<M:82% C:67% O:64% The WCW Tag Team title has lost image. >

9. Rey Mysterio vs Konnan

We get the rematch that the fans wanted from a couple weeks ago between these two stars, who look to hook it up again. Rey got a huge ovation, which Konnan got the opposite. These two pulled out all the stops and spots. Rey countered the rolling thunder lariat with a monkey flip out of the ring and then connected on an Asia moonsault onto Konnan. Rey jumped off the apron onto Konan, but Konnan caught him and ran him backfirst into the steel post before taking control of the match. Konnan hit a huge snap suplex and double underhook suplex onto Rey that got a 2 count. Rey regained control by connecting on a 180 cross body off the middle rope after being irish whipped by a cocky Konnan. Rey went for the 619 early, but Konnan moved out of the way, so instead, Rey springboarded off the top rope and connected with a dropkick to Konnan. Rey dropped the dime for a two count.Rey went for punches in the corner, but got a sitout powerbomb for his efforts. In the end however, just as it seemed as if Konnan had this one locked up, Rey hit the 619 and a west coast pop for the victory. After the match, he celebrated in the ring, making the motion that he's looking for gold around his waist

WINNER: Rey Mysterio

<M:83% C:79% O:81%>

10. The battle continues...

We see a hype video for the Matt Hardy and Edge feud again this week, this time however, instead of a video package, we're just treated to clips of the Christian/Edge match on Nitro and the events that transpired afterwards, which saw Matt come from under the ring to layout Edge.

<0:78%>

11. Main event Spectacles

Eddie Guerrero comes out first to heat from the crowd. When CM Punk makes his dramatic entrance, the crowd eats it up. With the crowd firmly behind him, it seems as if Eddie may be the underdog here! The two lock up in the center of the ring with a collar and elbow tieup, and neither man gains the upperhand. They lock up and size up one another for the first minute of the match. All of a sudden, out of absolutely no where, 12 men jump the guard rails from all different angles of the ring. The crowd marks out as all of them are quite familiar, I wonder if the fact that we're in Philly has anything to do with that! Punk and Eddie now shift their attention to the men around the ring, as Eddie is confused, but not CM Punk. With CM and Eddie having their back turned to one another, the 12 men hit the ring, and surround them in a circle. Punk, while Eddie's not paying attention, runs past the men and slides out of the ring and begans walking backwards up the ramp, leaving Eddie surrounded. The crowd is completely marking out as they know Eddie has it coming to him.

Eddie tries to leave the ring, but he's held back boy HC-Loc and Tony Devito, The Carnage CREW!!! They deliver a huge double team chokeslam to Eddie! Mark and Jay Brisco point to Spanky, who's wearing some sort of title belt around his waist. The briscoes pick up Eddie and throw him to Spanky, who grabs his head, SLICED BREAD #2!! BJ Whitmer slaps Jack Evans on the chest and Evans goes up top, CORKSCREW 630 OFF THE TOP!!! Jimmy Rave and Jimmy Jacobs pick up Eddie Guerrero and throw him to Roderick Strong, who lifts eddie up under the arm pits and brings him down, connecting on a backbreaker. Roderick picks up Eddie and hits him with a huge Crucifix Cutter. While all this is going on, CM Punk is staring into the ring.

Schiavone: "These guys are all former Ring of Honor superstars, Thunder has been invaded and Eddie Guerero is the victim."

Heenan:"But why didn't they attack CM Punk?"

Schiavone: "Don't play stupid Heenan, you know damn well of punk's status with ROH."

Heenan: "Yeah but, Eddie was in it at one point too!"

Schiavone: "These guys are clearly disgruntled and in no laughing mood, but why hasn't security done anything?"

Heenan: "Would you stop a dozen ruthless men to save one guy? I don't think so!"

Shiavone: "Who's in there, that's BJ Whitmer, Jack Evans, the Briscoes and the Carnage Crew, Jimmy Rave and Jimmy Jacobs, Roderick Strong and I think, yes that's James Gibson as well. Hey, who's that other guy climbing to the top rope in the bandana?

In the ring now, Tony Devito and HC Loc are holding Eddie Guerero in the air, high above their head. The man on the top rope jumps off, connecting on a double stomp right into the gut of Eddie Guerrero as he falls 7 feet to the ground.

Heenan: "Yep, that's that little weasel Low-Ki"

Spanky grabs a microphone.

Spanky:"The Dirty dozen has arrived! We are, the remains of what everyone in the audience knows us as, (crowd yells along with him) RING....OF...HONOR. And we are all here to STAY! ROH has invaded WCW, and I promise you, We're here to STAY!"

Each of the 12 in the ring pulls a pieec of paper out of their pockets. They unfold them, and surely enough, at the top they all have the wcw logo and the word "OFFICIAL AGREEMENT" at the top. CM Punk looks on both interested and perhaps a bit intimidated.

<0:84%>

Schiavone: "The debut of Michael Shane? New tag team champions? I thought I had seen it all, but apparently not, I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!! Folks, you have to catch Nitro, WE NEED ANSWERS ERIC, WE NEED ANSWERS!!!"

SHOW RATING: 73%

Edited by Disengager