2005: A War for the Ages (WCW)

user posted image

WCW MONDAY NIGHT NITRO

Monday, December 12th, 2005

<=:=><=:=>Intro and Pyro<=:=><=:=>

"I'm back and better then ever.." hits and out comes the boss before Meltzer even has a chance to welcome us to Nitro. Bischoff comes out to a mixed reaction before getting in the ring and grabbing a microphone.

Bischoff: "So we've reached the end of the year. It's been a great year for me, let me tell you, running WCW has been the best experience in the world. But that's not why I'm out here, I'm out here to take care of some business. First, this sunday, we've got a little pay per view called Starcade. Well, I made some promises last week, and I have to stay true to them, so I've granted the requests of CM Punk and Matt Hardy and at Starcade, Matt will take on Edge and CM will take on Austin Aries in singles competition! Also, I've signed another match, a 4 corners match for the cruiserweight title featuring Ruckus, Elix Skipper, Billy Kidman and Sonny Siaki! Well, now that that is taken care of, there's one more piece of business I need to attend to.

Recently, I've scouted the industry, and I've discovered 4 potential guys that I can bring to my organization, WCW. Now, I put some thought into it, and I decided that I'd rather ask my fans who they think I should sign. So who do you want to see in WCW, first we have, WWE Raw Superstar Tyson Tomko! (crowd boo's), WWE Smackdown superstar Orlando Jordan (crowd boo's), My very own nephew, ugh.. Eugene (crowd cheers) , or the largest man in sports entertainment today, The Big Show (crowd neutral). You can vote by logging into WCW.COM after the show and voting for who you think I should steal from the clutches of WWE, just like I've done in the past. And Vince, there's nothing you can do to stop me!"

Bischoff music hits and the crowd is in utter shock after this announcement as we go to commercial break.

<0:74%>

<=:=><=:=>commercial break<=:=><=:=>

COLT CABANA AND ACE STEEL VS AIR PARIS AND PAUL BIRCHALL

Cabana and Steel were accompanied to the ring by Adam Pearce, who proved to be a nuisance at ringside by choking Paris on the bottom rope in the early going. Cabana took control in the early going, countering nearly everything both Paris and Birchall could throw at him and looking very impressive. Finally, Birchall was able to hit a lariat that took the wind out of him. Midmatch, Birchall was in control of Steel, working the arm over and isolating him in the opposite corner. In the end though, Pearce's presence was just too much for Air Raid to overcome as after grabbing Paris's leg, Birchall attacked him on the outside, allowing Cabana to hit the Colt45 for the pinfall victory. After the match, all 3 men beat down Birchall and Paris before leaving.

WINNERS: COLT CABANA AND ACE STEEL

<M:87% C:54% O:70%>

Backstage, Maria is sitting down reading what appears to be the latest issue of Glam or something like that. All of a sudden, Edge walks up to her backstage and she gets a bit nervous.

Edge: "Hi Maria!"

Maria: "umm, Hi"

Edge: "Maria, I wanted to tell you that I'm really sorry about all that's happened in recent weeks. I just want you to know, I wasn't trying to spear you last week and that Matt throwing you out of the way was uncalled for."

Maria: "Ok, um, thanks?"

Edge: "Oh don't thank me, thank Matt for that big bruise on your elbow, that was a pretty bad fall you .."

Matt Hardy comes storming down a hallway.

Matt: "Get the hell away from her."

Edge: "Gotta go, nice chatting with you."

Edge takes off running down a hallway as Matt finally gets to Maria.

Matt: "What the hell was that all about?"

Maria: "It's none of your business Matt Hardy."

Maria goes walking off in the other direction, leaving Matt winded and confused.

<0:85% Matt Hardy gained overness from this segment. Maria Kanellis gained overness from this segment. >

We come back, and Cactus Jack's music hits! Out comes the hardcore legend to a great pop as he gets in the ring, he has something to say.

Cactus: "Rarely do I come out here and complain, but I have a bit of a problem, you see, Starcade is this Sunday, and there's someone who needs an asskicking this sunday that isn't scheduled to get one. So Whiskey Marc, why don't you bring your ass out here."

Whiskey's music hits and Marc stands out on the top of the entrance ramp.

Cactus: "I have to admit, you kicked my ass pretty good last month Marc, you really gave it to me by throwing me off the top of that cage. Me and you, we're not fit for a wrestling ring anymore. That's why, this Sunday, I want you Whiskey Marc, in a boiler room Brawl!"

Whiskey: "Just when I thought that I had taken out the trash, it comes back. Last week, you cost me the WCW United States title Cactus. If you're expecting me to deny your challenge, then you're wrong pal, you're dead wrong. And this Sunday, you're going to beg me forgiveness when I cripple you inside of that boiler room."

Cactus: "I'm already half crippled you dumb s.o.b, I walk with a limp, I wake up every morning in pain, as far as I'm concerned, not much more damage can be done. But you, you Whiskey Marc, this sunday, I'll be like a kid in a candy store, I won't know which body part to hurt on you first! BANG BANG!"

The two yell at each other while Cactus's music plays throughout the arena.

<0:93% Whiskey Marc gained overness from this segment. >

SEAN O'HAIRE VS HOMICIDE VS BIG VITO

Great match here as these three heavyweights hook it up here. Vito and Homicide exchange blows while O'haire watches. Homicide gains the upper hand and Irish whips Vito right into an O'hair Powerslam, then O'Haire gets up and lariat's Homicide! O'haire goes on the offensive with bodyslams to Homicide and Vito followed by a legdrop to Homicide, but Vito attacks O'haire from behind. No one really retains control of the match, with all 3 superstars each getting their opportunity to dominate. Midmatch, Homicide and O'haire teamed up long enough to hit a double team powerbomb, but it didn't last long as O'Haire went for a pin on Vito, which Homicide broke up. The two got into a shoving war which escalated to fists and finally a gut wrench powerbomb by O'haire, but literally out of nowhere Vito rolled up O'haire for a 2.99999. The ending came with O'Haire playing possum on the ground while Homicide hit a piledriver on Vito. As Homicide turned around, O'Haire threw him out of the ring and ran up top, hitting a seanton bomb for the 1-2-3 pinfall victory. After the match, O'Haire hightailed it out of there as Homicide ran back into the ring as the refs helped Vito the outside, who looked drained after the contest

WINNER: SEAN O'HAIRE

<M:81% C:66% O:73%>

Backstage, we see the Legion of Doom with Paul Ellering

Ellering: "Sinister Creation, you stole something that don't belong to you, nor will EVER belong to you. And this sunday, we're coming for them, we're going to take back our gold after we kick your asses"

Animal: "Actually Paul, me and Hurricane made a decision. We think that this Sunday, we'd rather be out there, alone, in the tag team title match. Too many funny things have happened lately Paul."

Ellering: "What? Are you questioning my faith to you guys? It's mindgames by the sinister creation that's leading you to believe this, I'm telling you, YOU NEED ME OUT THERE, Sinister Minister will be at ringside."

Hurricane: "We know full well that he'll be at ringside Paul, and we trust you, we just, don't want you there this Sunday."

Ellering: "Well, fine, if that's how it has to be, if you guys want to do this yourselfs, alright. But just remember, Sinister Creation are a very deadly team, and without me, you guys are at a greater risk to lose the title for goods this time."

Ellering walks off one way as the Legion of Doom walk off the other and there's obviously unrest between the tag champs and their manager.

<0:67% Paul Ellering gained overness from this segment. >

MATT HARDY VS AUSTIN ARIES

Good technical matchup here as Hardy is fired up from the earlier conflict with Edge. Great chain wrestling in the early going as the two put on a great "I counter, you counter, we break" display on 3 occasions before flat out exchanging blows. Aries got off the Double northern lights suplex like last week, which got ooo's and ahh's from the crowd. Aries tried for a double jump moonsault, but Hardy rolled out of the way. Hardy with a swinging neckbreaker and a brainbuster and goes up top, Cross body! 1-2-kickout. Hardy on the offensive now and goes to work with an irish whip back body drop and a legdrop across for the neck for another 2 count. Hardy with a russian legsweep and goes up top, elbow drop misses and Aries takes control with a fisherman suplex and slaps in the fishhook which nearly gets him DQ'd. Aries picks him up and hits a Michinoku driver before heading up top, 450 attempt misses and Hardy goes behind Aries, German suplex  attempt but Aries blocks it and drops to a seated position, Monkey flip variation, but Aries holds onto the arm and goes into an armringer, but jumps up and hits a headscissors while still holding onto the arm and slapping in a crossarm breaker! Matt fights back and whips Aries, and ducks arie's spinning wheel kick, but Aries gets a piece of the referee. Not enough to take him out, but enough to knock him out of the ring. Edge comes running down and gets in the ring and goes for the spear, but Matt moves out of the way way and Aries getsa hard spear! Edge is shocked at what he just did and matt grabs him and throws him out of the ring. Twist of fate to Aries for the 1-2-3 pinfall win  as Matt celebrates his victory while yelling at Edge on the outside.

WINNER: MATT HARDY

<M:91% C:67% O:79%>

Glass Shatters and out comes Austin to a roarin' ovation. He does his traditional poses before grabbing the microphone.

Austin: "I'm gonna make this short and sweet. I aint out here to play games, I aint out here to talk trash, I'm out here to Kick some ass. So Raven, get your sorry carcass out here so you can get what's coming to you!"

Raven's music hits after a suspensful 5 seconds, but Raven isn't coming out. The music plays for 30 seconds before stopping.

Austin: "Running scared ya son of a bitch? Yeah, that's what I thought Raven. This sunday, I'm.."

Raven jumped the barrier and attacked Austin from behind, but Austin is quick to retaliate and the two exchange right hands in the middle of the ring! Austin finally gets the upper hand and throws Raven over the top rope. The two fight in the crowd for a couple minutes before going back to ringside. Austin goes to whip Raven into the turnbuckle, but Raven reverses and Austin crashes into it headfirst. Russian legsweep into the guardrail by raven. The two fight up the ramp and Raven attempts a ddt on the steel ramp, but austin throws him up and over and Raven lands back first on the steel. The two fight up the ramp and through the entrance area!

<0:91%>

CHRISTIAN VS BOOKER T©, US TITLE MATCH

Yet another great contest here as these two also display great wrestling skills. They exchange control in the early going with simple moves like body slams, wristlocks, headlocks, punches, etc. It looks to be anyone's match in the early going. Finally Book get control with a roundhouse kick. Whip by book gets followed with a samoan drop for an early two count. Book with another whip and goes for a powerslam, but Christian hits a tornado DDT instead! Christian goes to the top rope, but when he jumps off, Book catches him in Bookend position! Christian quickly elbows out and bounces off the ropes, but Book hits a powerslam for another two. The frustrated Christian regroups on the outside.

The two tieup and Christian applies a wristlock, then an arm ringer . Whip into the corner by Christian, who tries to follow through with a clothesline in the corner, but Book kicks him in the face and sits up top and jumps off with a hammerblow, but Christian hits him with a glancing blow in the stomach. Christian with a reverse DDT for a 2 count and he's starting to feel it. Christian climbs up top, but Book is quick to his feet and climbs up top too, SUPERPLEX by Book and that took the life out of both of them. Book makes a delayed cover, but only gets a 2 count. The two battle to their feet and exchange right hands, Book finally gets the upperhand and kicks Christian in the stomach, SCISSORS KICK! Here's the cover, 1-2- KICKOUT AT 2.999999!! Book is shocked! Book with a bodyslam and he goes to the top rope, HARLEM HANGOVER MISSES and book is in a world of pain. Christian hooks it in, UNPRETTIER!!! 1-2-3 and WE HAVE A NEW UNITED STATES CHAMPION!!! Christian celebrates with the newly won gold in the ring as the crowd cheers him.

WINNER CHRISTIAN

<M:77% C:84% O:81% Christian gained overness from this match. >

Meltzer: "Ladies and Gentlemen, we just got word that Eric Bischoff has booked a rematch for Starcade between Christian and Booker T in Christian's first US Title defense!"

Coach: "What a shocker we just saw moments ago!"

REY MYSTERIO AND AMAZING RED VS LOS MEXICANOS

Rey and Red receive great pops while the crowd is pretty neutral on Los Mexicanos. Konnan and Red start it out, with Red using his quickness to his advantage and getting an early dropkick to the back to start this one out. Red in control with a flying head scissors takedown as Konnan then makes the tag to Eddie. Eddie takes it to Red, as the two have some history here in WCW. Eddie is simply too powerful for red, who ends up getting planted with a sidewalk slam after diving onto Eddie. Midmatch and Los Mexicanos are in control as Rey desperately needs to get a tag to Red. Konnan and Eddie work him over with a series of double teams. Rey finally is able to counter an Eddie guerrero powerbomb with a ddt and then drop the dime on Eddie before making the tag to Red, who goes up top and immediately hits a backflip corkscrew on Eddie, who wasn't expecting it at all.

2 count before Konnan breaks it up,  But Rey jumps over the ropes and hits a springboard reverse DDT to the crowds delight. Rey throws Konnan through the ropes and the two go fighting through the crowd. In  the ring, Eddie has taken control of Red and is simply giving him a beating. 3 amigos connects and Eddie follows with the rolling senton. Back suplex and this is all Eddie. All of a sudden, Konnan and Rey appear back at ringside! This distracts the ref, who is yelling at them to get back in the ring. Meanwhile, Here comes Jericho running down the ramp and into the ring, undetected by eddie Guerrero! Low Blow uppercut behind Eddie's back amd that took it out of Eddie. SATELITE DDT BY RED!! Red goes up top, RED STAR PRESS! 1-2-3 and Rey and Red win it, but just as soon as Red gets the 1-2-3, he pops off Eddie and jumps right on the ropes before leaping forward with a cannonball plancha onto Rey and Konnan as they were still battling!

WINNERS: REY MYSTERIO AND AMAZING RED

<M:84% C:77% O:80%>

Meanwhile, in the ring, Chris Jericho has gotten back in the ring as Eddie is getting to his feet in the corner. Eddie turns around the two stare at each other while Jawing. They get toe to toe.

Meltzer: "The tension is so thick you can cut it with a shoelace!"

Coach: "Your an idiot Meltzer."

The two are forehead to forehead now and are just staring each other down. Finally, Jericho extends his and and delivers a hellacious bitchslap right across the face. Eddie looks to the side for a second before smiling and backing away. Eddie just smiles as Jericho is confused as hell at what just happened. We fade out at the site of Eddie smiling sadistically.

Meltzer: "Folks, Starcade is this sunday, you can't miss it, Order NOWWW"

<0:93% Eddie Guerrero gained overness from this segment. >

SHOW RATING: 79%

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Source: NODQ.COM

Tuesday, December 20th, 2005

- RATINGS -

Primetime:

WWE - 6.06

WCW - 5.86

ECW - 5.49

TNA - 3.11

Nothing to see here.. movin' right along..

BIRCHALL: A PUSH IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

Paul Birchall is being pushed from the opening position onto the lower midcard. Birchall continues to impress WCW with his in ring ability despite mic skills.

WCW WINS WAR, SENDS ECW REELING.

WCW recently won their war with ECW, which caused ECW's PI to drop from 11 to 6% global. However, the war caused WCW a loss in Public image from 11 to 8. We'll have more on this as it develops

RAVEN FINDS RELIGION

It is being said that Raven has appeared to be a changed man following his newly found relgious ways.. whatever that means.

WCW RELEASES TOP NAME

We have gotten word that World Championship Wrestling has bought out Mark Jindrak's contract, leaving the door open for a future return. Following the Jindrak-O'Haire split, many felt it was due to Jindrak not having the ability to get over with the fans as well as his in-ring work not improving. WCW wishes him the best of luck in all his endeavors and certainly is open to a return at a later date.

Edited by Disengager

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Chris Jericho© vs Eddie Guerrero

-Jericho's not going to lose yet.

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

-As much as I like Austin, I think Raven's going to win.

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

-Christian is a good Champ, Booker can move on to Jericho.

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

-I think Edge will cheat to get a win.

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

Cactus Jack vs Whiskey Marc

-Time for Marc to get a win, though I don't think this is over yet.

4 CORNERS CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Sonny Siaki vs Elix Skipper vs Ruckus vs Billy Kidman

Bonus question: Which superstar will be the one who gets pinned: Ruckus

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Sinister Creation vs Legion of Doom ©

-Title change for the night.

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

-I'd like to see Punk pull out a win, he's the future.

STARCADE CONTEST

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

Bonus question: Which superstar will be the one who gets pinned: Skipper

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

Guest Crossface

STARCADE CONTEST

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

BTW,if you want,call me Ori.

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

Bonus question: Which superstar will be the one who gets pinned: Kidman

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

STARCADE CONTEST

Winner: Jericho

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

Raven

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

Christian

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

Edge

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

Whiskey Marc

Siaki

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

LOD

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

CM Punk

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

Bonus question: Which superstar will be the one who gets pinned:

Ruckus

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

Bonus question: Which superstar will be the one who gets pinned: ____Kidman_____

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

Bonus question: Which superstar will be the one who gets pinned: Kidman

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

Bonus question: Which superstar will be the one who gets pinned: Elix Skipper

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

Bonus question: Which superstar will be the one who gets pinned: RUCKUS_________

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

Bonus question: Which superstar will be the one who gets pinned: __________Skipper________

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

STARCADE CONTEST

Alright monkeys, you know the rules. First to get the most correct guesses gets a prize pertaining to my diary. Last month, VA_Finest1 won and chose that he wanted Elix Skipper in a match on Starcade, which is essentially how the four way match came about. You know how it works, bold who you think will win and answer the bonus questions, if any.

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

DOG COLLAR MATCH

Raven vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Christian© vs Booker T

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

Edge vs Matt Hardy

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

GRUDGE MATCH

Austin Aries vs CM Punk

user posted image

WCW STARCADE

Sunday, December 25th, 2005

<=:=><=:=>FREE PER VIEW SHOW<=:=><=:=>

Mean Gene: "Hello everyone and Welcome to WCW Starcade Pre per view. We have 8 great matches for you tonight, let's run through the card before we get you to the first match of the night."

Mean Gene runs through the match previews.

Mean Gene: "Now, we take you to the arena for your free per view matchup between CM Punk and Austin Aries! David?"

We get the first shots of the Arena and the setup. There are 3 trons, two square ones and a triangular one in the middle that resembles something of the triangle in the starcade logo. A Big Starcade logo is behind where the entrance is and there is a very long entrance ramp that leads to the ringside area.

Meltzer: "Thanks Mean Gene, Folks, this is just a taste of the great action you will see tonight only on Starcade!"

GRUDGE MATCH

CM PUNK VS  AUSTIN ARIES

Punk comes out to a great ovation here to the first pop of the night. The restless crowd is happy to finally get this show started. Aries comes out to a bit of heat but an otherwise silent crowd. Punk grabs a mic.

Punk: "Aries, I know what your doing. You trying to make a name for yourself here in WCW. Well that's all good, but you picked the wrong guy to use as a stepping stone. You see, when I beat you tonight, and rest assured, I will beat you, I've got bigger fish to fry. Why am I so confident? Because Straight edge means.."

Aries attacks punk from behind and the bell sounds. Whip by Aries, CM reverses, Tilt a whirl but Aries lands on his feet, arm drag by aries but Punk lands on his feet, Punk with a clothesline, Aries ducks it and grabs the arms, going for a backslide, Punk rolls through and goes for an underhook suplex, Aries breaks free and lands on his feet, kick to the stomach by Aries, Aries puts his leg on Punks head and does a backflip, Punk goes to clothesline him as he lands, Aries ducks, goes behind release german suplex, punk lands on his feet and goes for a german of his own but Aries runs towards the ropes, Punk holds on and rolls him up but instead of pinning, he rolls through powers Aries up with a pinning german suplex! 1-2-Kickout and the two break.

Meltzer: "My god I've never seen that many counters to start off a match."

The fans chear as the two go at it again, Test of stregnth, Aries wins and hits a bodyslam, but punk trips up the feet, both superstars to their feet, hiptoss by Punk but Aries sweeps the legs this time, Leg drop attempt by Aries misses, but Punk's dropkick to the back connects. Standing backflip press for a 2 count from punk and he's emerged in control here. Pepsi Twist by Punk and he pins for another 2 count. Punk with an irish whip, Aries reverses and hits a powerslam. Aries with the illegal fish hook which draws heat from the crowd but he breaks before the 5 count. Aries whips punk into the corner and sets him up top. Punk tries to fight it, but Aries hits a BRAINBUSTER OFF THE TOP ROPE! 1-2-2.999 Kickout. Aries hits the ropes, lionsault! 1-2- 2.999 kickout again. Aries runs up the turnbuckles to the top rope, Split legged moonsault misses! Punk picks him up, Devils lock DDT. Punk now goes up top, Crooked legged Moonsault! 1-2-Kickout. Punk sets Aries up in the tree of woe and hits a huge baseball slide right into the face. Punk positions Aries up top and goes for the pepsi plunge, but Aries pokes him in the eyes and hits a huge belly to belly off the top rope for another 2 count. Both superstars lay on the canvas for an 8 count before getting to their feet, exchanging blows.

Aries gets the upperhand and hits a swinging neckbreaker on Punk. Aries goes up top and calls for it, 450 misses as Punk rolled out of the way and Aries hit the mat hart. Devil's lock DDT by Punk. Double jump springboard Moonsault off the top rope and he covers Aries, 1-2-Kickout. Irish whip by Punk, Aries reverses and flapjack's punk high into the air, ACE CRUSHER! Both superstars lay on the canvas now extremely tired from this fast paced match. Aries is starting to get to his feet, but all of a sudden, Punk NIPS UP AND HITS AN ABSOLUTELY SICKENING SHINING WIZARD ON ARIES! Punk hooks the leg for  the pin, 1-2-3 and CM Punk emerges victorious as he celebrates. Match of the year candidate for sure here.

WINNER: CM PUNK

<M:94% C:74% O:84%>

Mean Gene: "What an absolutely stunning match by two of wrestlings brightest young stars. Folks, you have to order Starcade, because it starts.. now!!!"

<=:=><=:=>Intro and HUGE pyro<=:=><=:=>

Meltzer: "Do you believe that match?"

Coach: "On any other night, that would be a match of the night, that was simply stunning."

Meltzer: "You're right coach, we have 7 more matches to deliver to you only on Starcade, but let's start off with tag team action!"

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

LEGION OF DOOM© VS SINISTER CREATION (w/ Sinister Minister)

Sinister Creation out first and surprisingly, they don't have the tag team titles! They get in the ring, and Minister unbuttons his coat, theres the belts, both around his waist! L.O.D's music hits and Hurricane and Animal come running down the isle and hit the ring and Minister scrambles to leave the ring as we have an all out Brawl on our hands. Animal and Hurricane toss Whipwreck and Tajiri out of the ring and climb the turnbuckles and yell to the crowd as they're riled up and the crowd is loving it.  Whipwreck and Hurricane start this one off as Sinister Creation regroup and Animal leaves the ring. Armringer by Hurricane, but Whipwreck reverses and follows up with a big kick to the midsection. Whipwreck hits the ropes, blind tag made by Tajiri. Hurricane dodges whipwreck's clothesline, but can't dodge Tajiri's springboard wheel kick to the face. Tajiri with control now and hits a body slam and a backflip splash on Hurricane. Tajiri picks up Hurricane and assaults him with a array of kicks to the body, but Hurricane finally grabs his leg and spins him around, but Tajiri comes back with a spinning heel kick right to the face and Hurricane hits the ground. Animal has to break up the pin.

Tag made to Whipwreck who comes in and goes to work, hitting Hurricane with chops. Irish whip by Whipwreck, but Hurricane bounces off the ropes and hits a flipping neckbreaker onto Whipwreck. Tag made to Animal and Tajiri, and Animal comes in and cleans house, hitting a clothesline on Tajiri and a clothesline on Whipwreck, followed by a body slam to each of them. Gutwrench powerbomb to whipwreck and whipwreck leaves the ring, but Tajiri has recovered and Animal turns around to walk right into a big spin kick to the side of the head. Tajiri goes up top, Legdrop onto Animal but he only gets a 2 count. Animal gets up and Tajiri tries for an irish whip, but Animal easily reverses it, SPRINGBOARD BACK ELBOW, but it didn't take Animal down! Tajiri goes for another Springboard back elbow, but Animal grabs him, Full nelson slam with Authority! Animal picks him up and goes for a powerbomb and right as he has him up, TAJIRI MISTS HIM!! Animal is blind and stumbles to his side as Hurricane tags himself in. Springboard dropkick by Hurricane on Tajiri. Tajiri quickly makes the tag to Whipwreck.

The ref has now been occupied trying to help Animal clean his eyes on the outside. Whipwreck with a poke to the eyes on Hurricane, Butterfly backbreaker! Sinister Minister hands Mikey one of the tag team titles! Mikey swings it as Hurricane gets to his feet, Hurricane ducks it and kicks Whipwreck in the stomach as Whipwreck drops the title, Irish whip by Hurricane and he puts his head down. Mikey comes back after bouncing off the ropes, Grabs Hurricanes head for a DDT, swings around, feet hitting the top turnbuckle, TORNADO DDT ONTO THE TAG TEAM BELT! Sinister Minister runs around to the other side of the ring and throws the ref back in the ring as Animal is still on the ground. Here's the pin, 1-2-3 and we have new tag team champions!!! The crowd boo's at the cheap finish for this one as Sinister MInister hands Whipwreck and Tajiri each a tag title. They hold the belts in the air, displaying the newly won gold. You can't help but think that the mindgames that caused Ellering's absence played a big roll in this one

WINNERS: SINISTER CREATION

<M:86% C:68% O:77%>

<=:=><=:=>Nitro hype video<=:=><=:=>

SONNY SIAKI© VS BILLY KIDMAN VS ELIX SKIPPER VS RUCKUS

Siaki comes out to a great response, as does Skipper. The crowd is pretty silent for Ruckus and Kidman gets a few audible boo's. Siaki starts the match out by attacking Ruckus and Kidman and Skipper go at it as well. Irish whip by Siaki but Ruckus hits a huge Hurricanrana that sends Siaki scrambling to the outside. Kidman irish whips Skipper into Ruckus, and Ruckus hits a spinning heel kick! Kidman with a clothesline to Ruckus, Ruckus ducks it and hits an russian leg sweep before getting up and diving over the top rope onto Siaki with a no hands plancha! Skipper sees this and goes to the top rope, moonsault onto Siaki and Ruckus. Kidman to the other turnbuckle, Shooting star press onto the 3 on the outside and we have a trainwreck on the outside.

Siaki emerges from the crowd and throws Kidman in the ring before going to work. Reverse DDT by Siaki and he goes up top, but Ruckus throws him off the turnbuckle and to the floor! Ruckus with a springboard headscissors takedown in the ring. Skipper gets to the apron and see's Kidman down so he goes to the top and hits a huge elbow drop on Kidman. Ruckus Irish whips Skipper, but Skipper reverses. Instead of bouncing off the ropes, Ruckus goes through the middle rope with a suicide dive on Siaki! SKipper sees this and does hits the ropes and jumps onto the top rope and dives off with a cannonball that takes out the two. In the ring, Kidman has  chance to recover. Skipper gets onto the apron, and Kidman tries to suplex him in,but Skipper lands on his feet and takes off, KIDMAN BACK BODY DROPS SKIPPER ONTO RUCKUS AND SIAKI ON THE OUTSIDE!! Skipper falls to his knees and recovers. Ruckus gets on the apron now and shoulder blocks Skipper in the stomach. Ruckus with a verticle suplex that sends Skipper to the outside, but Skipper lands on Kidman's shoulders and hits a hurricanrana!! Ruckus with an Asia moonsault off the apron shortly after that and it's apparent these guys would rather fight on the outside! Siaki irish whips Ruckus into the stairs, but Ruckus jumps on top of them and backflips off and catches Siaki with a reverse DDT!!

Kidman has thrown Skipper in the ring now and hits him with a falling front slam. Kidman goes up, SHOOTING STAR PRESS CONNECTS! Here's the cover and Ruckus goes up top, 1-2-Pin broken up by a frontflip double stomp to kidman's back. Ruckus turns around, SIAK BOTTOM by Siaki! Siaki grabs Kidman, Siakalypse Now!! Siaki stands up, only to get the Play of the DAY By skipper! Skipper pins Siaki... 1-2-Kidman breaks it up! Kidman throws Siaki to the outside, and turns around and gets a kick right to the stomach, Powerbomb attempt by Ruckus, KID CRUSHER!!!!! Kidman with the cover, 1-2-3 and we have a new cruiserweight champion as Kidman is quick to get out of the ring as Siaki gets back in and tries to get a piece of him. Kidman holds the belt in the air.

WINNER: BILLY KIDMAN

<M:81% C:69% O:75%>

Meltzer: "Two title matches, two new champions, Do you think this is a sign of things to come Coach?"

Coach: "Are you talking about my main man Chris Jericho losing the belt to Eddie Guerrero? Cuz I don't think so!"

Meltzer: "Well, what about Christian?"

Coach: "Are you a peep Meltzer?"

Melter: "Maybe that conversation is for a later date. I think backstage they're just about ready for the boiler room brawl!"

BOILER ROOM BRAWL

CACTUS JACK VS WHISKEY MARC

We see a referee tell Whiskey Marc to get in there and that Cactus is already in the boiler room. Whiskey is hesitant, but gets in and the referee shuts the door. Whiskey walks slowly through the boiler room, looking for cactus, but he's no where to be found. After a good minute of looking for Cactus, Marc turns around and heads for the door. Cactus emerges from a huge pile of rags and chokes Marc with what appears to be rope! Marc back elbows him and goes to work, hitting straight shots to Cactus's face. It's hard  to tell from the terrible lighting, but Cactus might be busted open. Cactus with a low blow kick on Marc and Marc bends over in pain. Cactus hits a pulling piledriver right on the Cement! Cactus climbs on top of some sort of cage no higher then 4 feet and jumps off with an elbow drop onto Marc. Cactus disappears, but reappears moments later with what appears to be a broom. Cactus hits Marc right in the face with the broom handle and it breaks. Cactus picks up Whiskey and throws him face first into a wall, and goes for another whip to the other wall, but Whiskey reverses it, grabs Cactus and hits a belly to belly suplex on him right onto the concrete.

Cactus is in obvious pain and Marc grabs a folding chair and sets it up. He sits on the chair and picks up Cactus and starts to deliver right hands, but Cactus delivers right hands of his Own. Cactus gets to his feet and Kicks Marc in the stomach and Marc falls over in the chair. Cactus picks him marc and hits a double arm DDT! Cactus throws Marc onto that huge pile of rags and begans climbing a ladder on the wall. He gest to a scaffold that's about 12 feet in the air, yells "BANG BANG!" and jumps off the scaffold and delivers a huge elbow to Whiskey. Whiskey sells it and the two lay there for a about a minute. Cactus is the first one up and walks off, only to come back with a barbed wire 2x4!! Cactus pulls a lighter out of his pocket and lights the 2x4 on fire!! Cactus goes to swing it at Marc, but Marc ducks and the 2x4 lands in the rags, igniting them! There must have been a bit of oil or something on those rags. The two back off from the fire a bit and Marc kicks cactus in the stomach and goes for a powerbomb, but Cactus breaks free and goes behind Whiskey and shoves him towards the fire, but Whiskey stops him time. The sprinkler system goes off, drenching everything. Cactus charges right at him and they both go into the flame, which immediately dies down at the combination of water and the impact.

Cactus leads Marc to another part of the boiler room, and here we see a huge generator that has stairs on each side of it and a pile of scrapwood. Cactus immediately throws Marc into the scrap pile and goes looking for a weapon, Meanwhile, Whiskey has found a fire extinguisher and as Cactus comes back with a wet floor plastic sign, Whiskey sprays him with the fire extinguisher, temporarily blinding him. Whiskey Marc gets back to his feet and kicks Cactus in the stomach, vertical suplex into the wood pile. Marc picks him cactus and whips him into the wall before dropping to his knees and hitting a low blow on him as Cactus was stumbling backwards. Whiskey walks to the other side of the room and notices about an 8 foot dropoff leading to the spot they were just at. He also notices that there are a couple tanks laying on the ground. Whiskey Picks up Cactus and leads him to the dropoff and throws him off. There's a huge bang, but no explosion or fire.

Meltzer: "MY GOD GET HELP IN THERE NOW!"

A light appears in the background and 4 figures go running towards Foley. Whiskey looks at the carnage he just caused and even he's shocked. We don't get to see Foley on the ground as we just see Whiskey walking towards the door and eventually out of it as more road agents and refds go running into the boiler room

WINNER: WHISKEY MARC

<M:75% C:86% O:82% Mick Foley lost overness from this match. Whiskey Marc gained overness from this match. >

<=:=><=:=>Hardy/Maria/Edge video<=:=><=:=>

Meltzer: "Well this next contest, I personally can't wait for this one. A war's been brewing amongst these two since, well, well before WCW's recreation!"

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

MATT HARDY VS EDGE

Matt comes out to a solid ovation despite his recent heelish antics. Edge is out next and the crowd is all over him. Both contestants get in the ring and the bell sounds. They immediately walk right up to each other, going nose to nose as their vocies raise. Edge tries to for a right hand, but hardy blocks and delivers right hands of his own, going to work on edge. Whip by Hardy gets reversed by Edge, who follows it up by throwing hardy over the top. Edge turns bis back, but Matt skinned the cat! Matt with an inverted DDT on Edge that  completely took edge by surprise. Hardy goes to the second rope and hits a legdrop for a quick two count and takes firm control of this matchup.

Hammerlock by hardy as he wrenches the arm. Edge reverses and wraps hardy's wrenched arm around his neck and takes him down for a quick 1 count. Stomps by Edge as Hardy gets to his feet. Irish whip by Edge, back body drop kis countered with a kick to the downed edge, Matt bounces off the ropes only to come on the receiving end of a dropkick. Edge with another quick two counnt. Poke to the eyes by Edge which proves to be the turning point of the match as he takes control with a veritcal suplex followed by an elbow drop and then a leg grapevine which has Hardy racing for the ropes. Irish whip by edge and he follows it up with a back body drop. Edge accends to the top rope, but matt shakes the rope, putting edge in a procarious position. Matt climbs up top as well and hammers Edge with right hands, but Edge shoves Hardy off the ropes and dives off with a huge splash onto a downed Hardy. He gets a 2 count before matt kicks out.

Edge with a seated headlock on Hardy. Hardy gets the crowd behind him as he tries to get to his feet. He shoots Edge off the ropes, but out of nowhere, EDGE HITS THE SPEAR!! 1-2-KICKOUT AT 2.9994. Edge is in firm control now as he body slams Hardy and goes to the top rope. He tries for something, but Matt gets the boot up right into Edge's face and rolls him up with a schoolboy for a 2 count as the fans start to rally behind Matt. Matt with an irish whip, big lariat. Legdrop to Edge and Hardy grabs the leg, 1-2-Kickout. Hardy with a swinging neckbreaker.1-2-Kickout. Kick to the stomach by Matt, he calls for the twist of fate! As Matt turns around, Edge pushes him and Hardy hits the ropes. Edge lowbridges the bottom rope and Hardy goes crashing out of the ring.

Edge up and over with a slingshot onto Matt. Edge sets up for the spear and charges at matt as he gets to his feet, but Hardy hits a drop toe hold. Hardy picks up Edge and goes to whip him into the steel steps. Edge reverses, sending Matt crashing into the steps. Edge fights with a crewman on the outside, stealing his chair. The ref is yelling at Edge from the ring as he's now stopped his 10 count. Matt gets to his feet and Edge simply demolishes him with a huge chairshot right across the skull. The ref calls for the bell, it looks like Hardy will win this one by DQ as Lillian announces him the winner. Edge is furious and gets in the ring, arguing with the ref before kicking him in the stomach and DDT'ing him on the chair. Edge goes to the outside and throws Hardy in the ring. Edge picks up Matt hary's lifeless body, Edge-O-Matic on the chair and the back of Hardy's Skull hits the chair.

Edge gets up and laughs at the destruction he has caused in the ring as refs and trainers go to check out Matt. As Edge is walking up the ramp, Maria comes running out from the back to a small pop. She tries to run past Edge, but he grabs her and forces her backwards instead of out to the ring. Not in an agressive tone, but in more of a "stay out of there" sort of way. The fans boo Edge as he does one final pose before leaving.

WINNER: MATT HARDY (by DQ)

<M:80% C:85% O:83%>

<=:=><=:=>Souled Out hype vid<=:=><=:=>

US TITLE MATCH

CHRISTIAN © VS BOOKER T

Christian comes out to a big pop as he flashes his newly won gold. Book comes out to a much larger pop despite losing the title. The two size each other up in the early going, but Book takes the early advantage with a knee lift as the two were about to collar and elbow tieup. Book with hard chops and an irish whip. Christian ducks the spinning heel kick and hits a back breaker on Book. Christian plays to the crowd with Book on the crowd, big mistake as Book gets up and spins Christian around, delivering right hand after right hand before Clotheslining Christian to the outside. Christian regains his composure on the outside before getting back in the ring.

The two look liek they're going to tie up, but Christian drops to his knees and goes behind book, tripping him up before spinning around and applying a front headlock. Book tries to get to his feet, but Christian hits a neckbreaker across his shoulder, sending Book back to the ground.Christian rams his knee right into the shoulder before delivering a knee drop to the shoulder. Christian sends Book to the ropes, but Book comes right band with a flying forearm. Book goes behind Christian, but Christian hits a snapmare takeover followed by a huge spinekick that looked pretty painful. Christian picks Booker up and goes for a double underhook suplex, big Book sends him up and over with a back body drop. Book in control now and Irish whips Christian...Spinning Heel Kick! Book goes up top and waits for Christian to get to his feet, MISSLE DROPKICK and Booker is feeling it now. Vertical suplex by Book followed by a gutwrench sitout powerbomb that gets a 2 count. Irish whip by Book, who puts his head down.. Christian stops and delivers an underhook backbraker to Book!

Christian goes up top, cross body, but Book rolls through and here's the pin, 1-2-Kickout. Both superstars get to their feet and Christian delivers a right hand that's blocked. Hard chops by Book before he whips Christian into the corner. Christian goes up and over ala Ric Flair, and Book side kick's him right off the apron and Christian goes crashing into the guardrail. Booker goes up and dives off onto Christian, but Christian sidesteps and Book hits his jaw on the top of the baracade. Christian rolls Book back in the ring ring and goes up top, Double stomp to the chest! Here's the cover, 1-2-kickout. Christian with irish whip and puts his head down, SCISSORS KICK!!!! Book is too tired to make the pin, and stalls before finally pinning him. 1-2-KICKOUT AT 2.999. Book picks up Chrstian, Spinebuster slam and Book heads up top. Book goes for the Harlem Hangover, but misses and lands right on his backside . Christian picks up book and turns him, UNPRETTIER!! 1-2-3 and Christian retains the title with another huge victory over Booker T! Christian celebrates his victory as Book sits on the mat, looking a little ticked off about the loss.

WINNER: CHRISTIAN

<M:77% C:82% O:80% Christian gained overness from this match. >

<=:=><=:=>Raven - Austin video package<=:=><=:=>

DOG COLLAR MATCH

RAVEN VS STEVE AUSTIN

Raven comes out first with the flock, who immediately get sent to the back by the referee. The ref chains up Raven as Austin comes out to a thunderous ovation. Raven poses on the ropes as Raven, now with dog collar and chain around his neck, leaves the ring. Austin gets in a staredown with Raven, who's on the outside, as the ref chains up Austin. Once chained up, the ref signals for the bell and Raven gets back in the ring. Austin waste's no time, going right to work with right hands to Raven before finally taking him down with one. Raven gets back up but gets put back down twice with huge haymakers. Bodyslam by Austin onto the chain and Raven is feeling that one. Austin is quick on his feet and wraps the chain around Raven's neck, choking him with it. Finally raven rakes the face and Austin breaks the choke. Raven on the offensive now and he irish whips Austin amd hits a drop toe hold right onto the chain! Raven kicks Austin in the head a couple times before going outside and looking under the ring. Raven emerges with a steel chair! Raven gets back in the ring, but is instantly met with an elbow drop to the back as he slid under the rope. Austin grabs the chair and swings it at Raven, Raven ducks, but Austin is quick to respodn with a huge chairshot over the head of Raven.

Austin sets the chair up in the ring, but Raven punches him. Raven with an irish whip into the corner to Austin. Raven comes charging with the clothesline, grabs the head and hits a bulldog as Austin's face meets the chair! Raven picks up Austin and looks to be going with the Evenflow early in the contest, but Austin fights out of it and whips Raven into the ropes, BACK BODY DROP ONTO THE CHAIR! The chair is completely bent up now and Austin kicks it out of the ring. Austin hits the ropes and hits the two finger salute elbow drop. Irish whip by Austin, but Raven baseball slides through the bottom rope, which trips Austin due to the chain's legnth. Raven pulls Austin out of the ring by the chain, but Austin is quick to respond with right hands. Austin whips Raven right into the stairs. Austin pulls up the mat on the outside, exposing the concrete. Austin sets up raven for a Piledriver, but Raven hits a back body drop on Austin. Raven begans setting up the spanish announce table, but Austin blindsides him with a clothesline. Austin gets on the table and pulls Raven onto it. He looks like he's going for a piledriver, but Raven drops to his knees and hits a low blow uppercut on Austin, EVENFLOW THROUGH THE TABLE!!! Both superstars are down now.

Raven throws Austin into the ring after about 45 seconds, but can only get a 2 count. Raven forces Austin up via pulling on the chain. Raven pulls the chain, bringing Austin running towards him, Raven goes for a clothesline, Austin ducks, superkick by Raven and Austin goes reeling towards the ropes. Raven pulls Austin towards him again, but Austin ducks a second superkick, kick to the gut, STUNNER!! Raven pops up and stumbles towards the ropes, going up and over them. Austin takes wo steps backwards and RAVEN IS BEING HUNG ACROSS THE ROPES!! After about 20 seconds of Austin pulling the chain, Raven can finally get his footing on the apron. Raven climbs up top, and Austin follows. Superplex by Austin, who is on the offensive bigtime now with the crowd soley behind him. Austin picks up Raven, kick to the stomach, Stunner attempt, Raven shoves him off, Austin bounces off the ropes, LOU THEZ PRESS by Austin which are followed by Mounted punches. Austin goes for another two finger salute elbow, but Raven rolls him up. 1-2-Kickout at 2.999 and Austin almost lost another one!! Austin picks up Raven and goes behind, trying for a German suplex or something. Raven reverses and goes behind Austin, BIG MISTAKE!! Austin grabs the neck and drops down, STUNNER!!!!!! Raven slit his own throat there!! Here's the cover, 1....2....3 AND AUSTIN FINALLY WINS ONE AGAINST RAVEN!!!

Austin unhooks himself from the dog collar and throws Raven out of the ring before celebrating this huge win on all 4 turnbuckles, drinking about a 12 pack in the process. The fans go wild, as Austin is finally able to defeat Raven.

WINNER: STEVE AUSTIN

<M:89% C:91% O:90%>

Not so fast, Right as Austin is about to leave the ring, Eric Bischoff's music hits and out comes the owner of WCW! Bischoff has a microphone in hand as Austin stands in the ring.

Eric: "Steve, a few weeks ago, we spoke regarding your situation as commissioner and that the board of directors was placing you under 45 day review following your actions against Raven when you committed that horrorific act. Well Steve, the board has reached a verdict'

Eric gets out a piece of paper from his pocket as Austin is staring a hole through him.

Eric (reading from paper): "We, the members of the board of WCW, find Steve Austin to be a very sick individual who is, at times, a very irrational and dangerous person. We, the board of WCW, condem Steve Austin's actions as commissioner. It is our responsbility to keep the utmost safety of our performers above everything else, and we feel that Steve Austin is a major risk to that promise. Therefor, affective as of December 25th, 2005, Steve Austin has been relieved of his commissioner duties. A new comissioner will be appointed by Eric Bischoff with the board's approval at a later date. Thank you and Happy holidays."

The crowd boo's heavily at this as they're not happy at all with this decision. Austin grabs a microphone

Eric: "Now Steve, I just want you to know, I didn't have anything to do this with decision whatsoever. I mean."

Austin: "You know what Eric, you wanna know what I think? I think this is a bunch of crap! But you know something else, the board of directors, can kiss my ass Eric. Tomorrow night, on Nitro, I'll be giving a state of the union address to everyone in WCW, including you, Eric. And that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold said so!"

Austin leaves the ring as his music hits and the crowd cheers whatever it is Austin will have to say tomorrow night on Nitro.

<0:81%>

<=:=><=:=>Jericho/Guerrero video package<=:=><=:=>

CHRIS JERICHO© VS EDDIE GUERRERO

Guerrero comes out first and there's quite a few cheers, I guess people hate Jericho so much that even a heel like Eddie would be better as champ then him. Jericho comes out next to easily the biggest heat of the night. In fact, as he's walking down the ramp, he gets absolutely drenched in beer or softdrink by one fan. Jericho brushes it off like nothing happens and does his poses. Referee Nick Patrick holds the world title up in the air and the bell sounds and here we go. Both superstars circle one another in the ring, extending their arm for a tieup but quickly taking it back, going for the quick leg sweep, you know the drill. Finally, they tie up, and Jericho gets the upperhand with an armringer. BITCHSLAP by Jericho and he backs off, smiling as Guerrero looks angry. They tie up again, and this time it's eddie with an armringer and an even stronger bitchslap! Jericho is pissed and immediately sweeps the legs, but Guerrero sweeps Jericho's legs out from under him while he's on the ground. The two both get back to their feet and lock up. Finally Guerrero gets the upperhand and delivers forearms to the face before slapping on a reverse chinlock.

Jericho fights back with elbows to the gut. Jericho bounces off the ropes, but Eddie goes behind him. Jericho runs towards the ropes and holds on, sending Eddie flying backwards off of him. Jericho charges at Eddie, Arm drag by Eddie, followed by a hiptoss and a cross armbar. Great catch as catch can wrestling by Eddie Guerrero that has Jericho a bit frustrated. Jericho finally makes it to the ropes and Eddie breaks the hold. Jericho walks agressively towards Eddie, and eddie delivers a drop toe hold to him before spinning around and applying the fujiwara armbar! Jericho finally inches his way to the ropes again and they break. Collar and elbow tieup now and Jericho gets control. Bodslam by Jericho, but Eddie is quick to sweep the legs and grabs Jericho's right leg, elbow to the inside of his leg and Jericho is down in pain. One legged boston crab applied to Jericho and the true wrestling fans in the audience are applauding the technicity of Guerrero's assault. Once again, Jericho gets to the ropes and the hold is broken. The two go to collar and elbow tieup again, but Jericho kicks Eddie in the stomach and delivers a double underhook suplex.

Jericho with a lamagistral cradle which gets a quick two count. Jericho with a small package now as Eddie got to his feet for another two count, finally, Jericho goes for a schoolboy, but stands up and starts to try to turn the walls of Jericho. It's not working, so instead he applies the figure four! Eddie writhes in pain in the center of the ring, finally turning the hold over and Jericho reaches for the ropes. Eddie irish whip's Jericho, but Jericho hits the one arm bulldog. Jericho hits the ropes, lionsault gets blocked by Eddie via putting the knees up. Eddie with an armringer and goes to the top rope, "Oldschool" variation by eddie, which is essentially the same as oldschool but he does a roll as he lands. Guerrero goes outside but only for a second as he hits the senton splash on Jericho for a 2 count. Eddie picks up jericho and goes for the 3 amigos. Jericho blocks the 3rd vertical suplex, instead reversing into a brainbuster! Jericho goes up top and connects with the missle dropkick. Jericho grabs the feet and turns Eddie over, LIONTAMER!!!

Eddie writhes in pain in the middle of the ring, doing everything he can do to get to the ropes. After 20 seconds, he finally does, and Jericho breaks the hold and allows eddie to get on his feet. Eddie comes charging and Jericho for a shoulder block, but Jericho sidesteps and Eddie catches the referee! The ref goes tumbling to the outside as Jericho kicks eddie in the stomach. POWERBOMB!! Jericho holds on, DOUBLE POWERBOMB! Wait, Scott steiner comes running down the ramp as Jericho is turning the liontamer, he doesn't see him! Steiner in the ring now. Full nelson slam!!! The crowd goes wild at the sight of Scott Steiner running down. Steiner with an irish whip to Jericho, INSIDE OUT LARIAT!! Steiner picks up Jericho, BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX! Steiner leaves the ring and throws the ref back in, Eddie up top, FROGSPLASH.

Meltzer: "STEINER JUST COST JERICHO THE WORLD TITLE, IT'S GONNA BE OVER!!!"

The ref see's the pin and starts the slowcount, 1.........2...........KICKOUT!! Steiner can't believe it, Eddie can't believe it, and neither can the fans. Eddie goes up top again for another frogsplash, but Jericho gets to his feet and hits the rope, catching Eddie uptop. Jericho turns him around and climbs uptop. SPIDER GERMAN SUPLEX!!! BUT OH SHIT, EDDIE HIT THE REF  AND THE REF GOES DOWN AGAIN!!!! Steiner capitolizes and gets back in the ring and grabs Jericho, who's up top still. Jericho fights Steiner off and finally gets him to fall off the turnbuckle with a huge elbow to the face. Jericho sores through the air, connecting on a Moonsault onto Steiner before rolling him out of the ring. Guerrero attacks Jericho from behind as the ref is starting to get to his feet. Irish whip by Eddie, Jericho comes back with a flying forearm!! Jericho hits the ropes, LIONSAULT!!!! Jericho hooks the leg with all his might, 1....2....3 AND JERICHO RETAINS!!!! Match of the year candidate right now as Jericho has tears in his eyes as he's handed his title by the ref.

Meltzer: "Jericho overcame the odds of Steiner, overcame the technical wrestling of Eddie Guerrero and has retained the title here at Starcade! Folks, Nitro tomorrow night is CANT MISS ACTION!! What will Austin have to say? Thanks for watching!"

Jericho is clutching his head in pain before holding the title up in the air one final time. as we fade out.

WINNER: CHRIS JERICHO

<M:100% C:73% O:86%>

SHOW RATING: 79%

1. 9/10

2. Yes

3. I didn't really like Kidman winning the Cruiserweight Title, I thought you had something good going with Siaki.

Overall another great show from you, I was suprised (and happy) to see Austin win the match against Raven. I'm wondering where you're going to go in 2006....Austin vs Jericho maybe? That'd be interesting, to say the least.

8/10

yes

I didn't really like Christian retaining, no particular reason really, I just thought Booker T would be a better champ like he was when he started becoming a star in wcw. Haha, I figured I'd go in a different direction and pick Austin Aries, I'm a big mark for Austin Aries, he's one of the only wrestlers I follow on the indy scene. I just think CM Punk is over rated by everyone and always over pushed, I would like to see Austin Aries make a nice mid card champion at some point.