2005: A War for the Ages (WCW)

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much like evryone elses opinion it seems, this nitro was one of the best so far. I love how there was anticipation for something that wasnt even on your show. You built it up great and it worked. This diary just keeps getting better and better.

I'm glad the buildup worked out how I expected, I'll definitely be using more stuff like that, I really enjoyed that element.

Also, I've made a little "switch" if you will. Let's just say, "Clash of the Champions." mmmkay.

user posted image

Source: NODQ.COM

Tuesday, January 10th, 2006

- RATINGS -

Primetime:

WWE - 6.10

WCW - 5.82

ECW - 5.46

TNA - 3.15

Vince's tactics lead to another high scoring Raw and a dip in WCW's ratings. Ouch.

ADAM PEARCE AND ACE STEEL DEFECT TO WWE

Last night, we saw a disappointing arrival of Adam Pearce and Ace Steel in WCW. Many had expected Colt Cabana and CM Punk to show up, but that just wasn't the case. In their first match, Pearce and Steel got squashed. We are expecting WCW retaliation, as it's widely rumored that Steel and Pearce were under development deals, and not open contracts.

COLT CABANA SHOOT INTERVIEW

We can confirm that Colt Cabana's interview last night was in fact a shoot interview. A match scheduled between Elix Skipper and Austin Aries was scheduled for that timeslot, but Eric Bischoff scratched it from the card for a more meatier Colt Cabana interview. We have heard that MANY people backstage were extremely impressed by Cabana's ability to shoot and he may be in line for a singles push.

WCW SIGNS KEVIN STEEN TO DEVELOPMENTAL DEAL

WCW has Signed Kevin Steen to a development deal and he has been sent to Atlantic City Wrestling. Steen had been wrestling for pro wrestling Guerrilla under an open contract. Steen takes the roster spot of Adam Pearce

WCW STEALS CHRIS SABIN FROM TNA!

To make up for the loss of Ace Steel, WCW has signed none other then TNA phenominon Chris Sabin to a written contract. We are expecting Sabin to make his debut soon.

WCW WRESTLER OF 2005

1. Chris Jericho (World Heavyweight champ sept 25 - current)

2. Scott Steiner (US Champ - July 4 - Sept. 25)

3. Booker T (US Champ - Sept. 25 - Dec. 19th)

4. Eddie Guerrero (cruiser champ - July 31st - Oct. 3rd, Tag champ - Sept 25 - Oct 31st)

5. Rey Mysterio (Cruiser champ - Oct 3rd - November 27th)

WCW TAG TEAM OF 2005

1. Jindrak and O'Haire (tag champs Aug. 28th - sept. 25th)

2. Los Mexicanos (tag champs Oct. 10 - Oct. 31st)

3. Legion of Doom (tag champs oct. 31st - dec. 25th)

4. Sinister Creation (tag champs Dec. 25th - Current)

5. Air Fare

BEST FACE OF 2005

1. Chris Benoit

2. Steve Austin

3. Booker T

4. Christian

5. Cactus Jack

6. Write in Entry: __________________

BEST HEEL OF 2005

1. Chris Jericho

2. Scott Steiner

3. Whiskey Marc

4. Eddie Guerrero

5. Raven

6. Write in Entry: _____________________

BIGGEST SHOCK OF 2005

1. Raven being drove off a cliff

2. Steve Austin surprise commissioner

3. The reformation of Legion of doom

4. Jericho kills hulkamania

5. Whiskey Marc ends Ernest Miller's career

6. Write in entry: ___________________________

BEST FEUD OF 2005

1. Raven and Steve Austin

2. Chris Jericho and Hulk Hogan

3. CM Punk and Colt Cabana

4. Edge and Matt Hardy

5. Booker T and Scott Steiner

BEST MATCH OF 2005

1. Hogan vs Jericho @ Fall Brawl (steel cage, pinfalls only)

2. Raven vs Austin @ Starcade (dog collar match)

3. Colt Cabana vs CM Punk @ Halloween Havoc (30 minute iron man ROH rules)

4. Jericho vs Benoit @ First Nitro (ladder match)

5. 30 Man 3-ring battle royal @ war games (Eddie Guerrero won a title shot)

6. Write in entry: _________________________

DEBUT OF 2005

1. Skipper/Homicide/Aries @ Wargames matchup

2. Christian interrupts Jericho on Nitro after Fall Brawl

3. Edge's Wargames debut to interrupt Matt's marrriage proposal

4. Mick Foley confrontation vs Whiskey Marc

5. Tajiri's run in on the Nitro after Fall Brawl

6. Write in Entry: ___________________________

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR 2005 (no one that has competed on WWE/WCW/TNA television regularly in the past. NOTE: Whiskey Marc is withheld from this list.):

1. CM Punk

2. Paul Birchall

3. Ruckus

4. Adam Windsor

5. Colt Cabana

2006 BREAK OUT STAR (This guy will rise above the rest in WCW and be the next Y2J)

1. Sean O'Haire

2. CM Punk

3. Colt Cabana

4. Chavo Guerrero

5. Austin Aries

user posted image

WCW MONDAY NIGHT NITRO

Sunday, January 11th, 2005

<=:=><=:=>Intro and pyro<=:=><=:=>

Meltzer: "What a great show we have for your tonight, including a world heavyweight title match!"

Coach : "That's right Meltzer, tonight, Chris Jericho will face Sonny Siaki!"

"I'm back.." hits and the Boss comes outs to a mixed reaction. Bischoff gets in the ring, which already has a table and two chairs set up. He grabs a mic.

Eric: "I'm out here to oversee the official contract signing between Chris Jericho and Booker T. This contract makes their match at Souled Out official, and both superstars have to sign to it. If I could, can I please get Booker T out here?"

"Can you dig it.." hits and Book comes out to a great ovation, smile on his face. He gets in the ring and shakes Eric's hand.

Eric: "And now, can I get the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Jericho to come out here?"

"Break the walls down.." hits and out comes Chris Jericho to a huge ovation of boo's. Jericho does all his traditional poses between getting in the ring and stares down at Booker T. They both sit down on apposite sides of the table.

Eric: "Gentlemen, this contract validify's your match at Souled Out on January 29th, 2006 between Booker T and Chris Jericho for the world heavyweight title. Booker, will you please sign here.

Booker looks over the contract before grabbing a pen and signing the contract. He stands up, and throws the clipboards towards Chris Jericho. Jericho calls over Eric and grabs the microphone.

Y2J: "Booker T, before I sign this contract, I just want you to know that at Soul Out, Booker, you'lle never take this title. Not on your best day Booker. You'lle be just another flash in the pan of the revolving door of jackasses that Eric Bischoff has me face each and every month because he knows, no one is in my league!"

Jericho signs the paper and stands up, handing it to Eric Bischoff. He takes off his glasses and him and Booker go nose to nose in a staredown, jawing at one another. All of a sudden, Jericho goes for a right hand, but Book blocks it. Right hand by Book, and another, and another, knee right to the groin by Jericho, that kills book's Momentum as he keels over. Jericho puts set him up and muscles him up, GUTWRENCH POWERBOMB THROUGH THE TABLE!!! Booker is laid out as Jericho's music hits. He puts one foot on Booker T's chest and holds the belt up in the air as his music hits. Bischoff is shocked at what he see's as we got to our first commercial break

<0:90%>

<=:=><=:=>Commercial Break<=:=><=:=>

AIRFARE (paris and Birchall) VS BACKSEAT BOYS (Acid and Kashmere)

Meltzer: "This is the debut of the Backseat Boys, Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere. We've heard great things about these kids, these boys have been very successful in the indy circuit."

Airfare come out to a small pop while the Backseat Boys get a neutral reaction, mainly from the indy rats in the stands. Kashmere and Paris start it off, Kashmere getting the upperhand with a european uppercut. Irish whip by Kashmere followed by a back bodydrop. Tag made to Birchall who comes in and fairs better off with right hands and a big bodyslam. Birchall hits the ropes, Kashmere goes up and over and takes off the opposite way, blind tag made from Acid, Birchall gets met with a huge springboard dropkick by Acid. Acid with a quick two count. Midmatch and airfare are receiving a beating by the new comers. Kashmere hits the spear on Paris before making a tag to Acid. Acid comes up and over with a springboard frontflip legdrop into a pin that Birchall breaks up. Dream Sequence by the backseat boys and Acid makes the tag to Kashmere and  this time they hit The Directors cut onto Paris! There's nothing Birchall can do but watch. Acid attacks Birchall, sending him to the outside. Acid hits a superkick to Birchall on the outside before getting back in the ring, T-GIMMICK TO PARIS! This one's over as they double cover Paris for the 1-2-3 and celebrate in the ring, getting a little bit of heat from the crowd for their heelish antics.

WINNERS: BACKSEAT BOYS

<M:91% C:57% O:74%>

We go backstage and see Edge walk right into Matt Hardy's lockerroom. Hardy turns around and immediately gets to his feet.

Matt: "What the hell do you want?"

Edge: "I want the truth you bastard."

Matt: "What the hell are you talking about?"

Edge: "It was you who through Maria down those stairs, wasn't it. Jealousy getting the best of you Matt?"

Matt: "Whoa whoa whoa, Me? What the hell are you smoking pal, I wasn't here. Maria knows that, I was doing promotional work in Canada."

Edge: "Canada huh, that's funny, because I was suppose to be on that promotional tour also and they told me it got cancelled."

Matt: "I'm sure they did, once management realized that you would be around a bunch of the guys and their wives. Listen to me Edge, how dare you try to turn this whole thing around. The proof is there. It was you who did it. You came running down the stairs only minutes after hit happened knowing that she was hurt down there. You did it, you attacked her."

Edge: "You know what Matt, that's a downright ridiculous accusation. In the last two months, I've done nothing but protected Maria from the likes of you."

Matt: "The likes of me? The only thing you're doing is trying to steal my future wife! You've already done it once you son of a bitch."

Edge: "Alright, that's enough. If you won't tell the truth, then I'm going to beat it out of you. At Souled Out, you and me, Last Man Standing match."

Matt: "Last man standing huh? You got yourself a match pal. Just don't go crying to Me or Maria after your left lying on your back!"

Edge: "Oh, I won't Edge. And don't go crying to me, when I have Maria lying on her back, in my bed!"

Edge and Matt staredown one another, and Edge acts like he's going to punch Matt, which causes Matt to flinch. Edge smiles and walks out of the room, leaving Matt standing there angry.

<0:82%>

AUSTIN ARIES VS ELIX SKIPPER

This is the match that we were suppose to have last week, but it got cancelled in lue of an impromptu Colt Cabana interview. Skipper out first to a great response. A new theme sound hits and out comes Austin Aries to a grand entrance, complete with fireworks. Aries walks out with Stacey at his side. Aries in the ring now and the bell sounds and here we go. Collar and Elbow tieup in the early going and Aries takes control with an armringer, as he's working the arm with an armbar. Skipper fights back and reverses with an armbar of his own before delivering a kick right to the face of Aries. arm drag by Skipper followed by an elbowdrop that gets a 1 count. Stacey shouts encouragement to Aries as Skipper irish whips him in the ring and puts his head down, double underhook backbreaker by Aries! Aries goes up top and hits a crossbody, but Skipper rolls through with a pin that gets a 2 count as Stacey looks worried.

Skipper takes control with a headlock, but Aries shoots him off the ropes, Aries hits the ground, but Skipper stops and hits a legdrop to the back of the neck! 1-2-Kickout. Chops by Skipper that sends Aries into the corner. Skipper comes running and hits a clothesline in the corner. Skipper sets him up top, TOP ROPE HURRICANRANA! Skipper is looking really good here as he goes up top, big elbow drop! 1-2-Kickout! Skipper with a back heel trip on Aries, and goes up top, looking for a moonsault. Stacey gets on the apron, distracting him. He jumps off the ropes and walks over to her. Stacey with a kiss right onto Skipper's lips!! Aries behind him and rolls him up and grabs the tights! 1-2-3 and Aries has stolen this one! But he's not finished. He full nelson's Skipper as Stacey gets in the ring and delivers a huge slap to the face of Skipper. Aries hits a full nelson suplex onto Skipper and goes up, 450!!! He looks at Stacey and they kiss in the center of the ring as Aries teases the crowd, giving a devilish look as he held her close and they leave to a series of boo's.

WINNER: AUSTIN ARIES

<M:81% C:66% O:73%>

We go backstage and see Hurricane and Animal in their locker room.

Hurricane: "Two weeks, two weeks and we recapture our gold!"

Animal: "Listen, Hurricane, there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about.."

Hurricane: "Go ahead man, anything."

Animal: "I've been thinking, this Sunday, if for some chance, we don't win the tag team titles, I think, I'm gonna hang em up man."

Hurricane: "Why? What we have going here is great. Power and paint man, Superhero and badass."

Animal: "Well, I'll be honest with you Hurricane, I never thought that an old timer like me could win the tag team titles again. You've been a grea partner man, and if we can recapture the gold, then I'll hang around, but if not, it's time to let the Road Warriors legacy rest in peace."

Hurricane: "Well I'm not gonna let that happen Animal! We're gonna win those tag team titles, and we're going to remain on the top of the tag team division for the rest of the year!"

Hurricane and Animal shake hands as we fade to commercial.

<0:72%>

We come back and see CM Punk walking backstage, he walks past Sean O'Haire, who's leaning against a wall. You can barely see his face as he's wearing his black hat and Trench coat.

Sean: "Well there he is, the straight edge phenom, CM Punk."

CM: "I know what your trying to do O'Haire, and it isn't going to work."

Sean: "Let me ask you something CM, it must be pretty hard to remain loyal to that straight edge lifestyle given all the pain you put your body through out in that ring."

CM: "I said shut up O'Haire."

Sean: "Don't you ever think about it CM, Don't you ever think that perhaps a drink might ease the pain a little. Don't you ever feel like a loser when you're sitting at the bars drinking pepsi while all your buddies are partying it up, having a good time?"

CM: "Listen to me O'Haire, your mindgames aren't going to work. Yes, Straight Edge means I'm better then you, and you're mind games are just that, games. I do my talking in that ring. So if you want to try to persuade me into anything, you better do it in the ring."

Sean: "Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not looking for a fight tonight. But perhaps, the man behind you is."

CM Punk turns around to get a chair wrapped around his skull courtesy of Eddie Guerrero.

Eddie: "You Jinxed me holmes, you cost me my match last week. I had other things on my mind in my match, I kept thinking, I kept thinking about how I wanted to DESTROY you vato. You challenged me a couple weeks ago, and now I'm challenging you essay! I want you at Souled Out. No more games amigo, I'm just going to Kick your ass!"

Eddie walks off leaving CM down on the ground. O'Haire looks down at him.

Sean: "Sometimes our own worst enemies are the ones we don't see coming."

Sean O'Haire walks off, leaving CM clutching his head as he tried to sit up against the wall.

<0:80% Sean O'Haire gained overness from this segment. >

CHRISTIAN AND REY MYSTERIO VS BILLY KIDMAN AND STEVIE RICHARDS

Raven, Lodi and Reese accompany Kidman and Richards to the ring, but immediately get sent to the back by referee Charles Robinson as the fans cheer the flock being thrown out. Christian and Rey come racing down the ramp and we have a match on our hands. Christian and Stevie exchanging right hands while Mysterio gets the upper hand on Kidman. Tandem irish whips by Kidman and Stevie. Clothesline by Christian and flying head scissors by Mysterio as Richards and Kidman leave the ring to regroup. Mysterio hits the ropes and swings out of the ring holding onto the top rop. He lands on the apron, Asia moonsault! Christian climbs to the top rope and dives onto all 3 of them, taking them down. Christian throws Kidman into the ring as the referee restores order. Alley Oop powerbomb by Christian and Kidman lands face first on the canvas. Tag made to mysterio who comes over the top rope, dropping the dime! 1-2-Richards breaks up the pin and kicks Mysterio

Kidman now in control, with a couple kicks to the stomach. He grabs Rey's head and sits up top. Rey fights back, as Kidman is standing on the top rope. Kidman goes up and over with a sunset powerbomb onto mysterio that gets a two count. Tag made to Richards who comes in and absolutely pummels mysterio with a huge clothesline. Bodyslam by Richards who then sits Rey up and delivers a dropkick to the back. Irish whip by Richards, who then lifts Rey above his head for a press slam!!! he drops rey face first, but rey grabs his head and spikes Richards down for a ddt!! Both contestants are down and crawling to their corners. Tag made to Kidman, who comes in and grabs Rey's leg, not allowing him to make the tag. Rey with an enziguri to Christian before rolling over and making the hot tag.

Christian comes in like a house of fire, delivering clotheslines to Kidman and Richards. Powerslam onto Kidman and a lowblow to Richards! The ref can't do anything about it because Richards isn't the legal man! Richards goes reeling onto the ropes. Rey comes out of nowhere with a 619!!! Christian hoists Kidman up on his shoulders and Rey goes up top, BULLDOG OFF THE SHOULDERS!! Christian picks up Kidman as Rey dives over the top rope with a cannonball onto Richards. UNPRETTIER TO KIDMAN! Here's the pin, 1-2-3 and Christian has gotten some retribution o nthe flock for their attack last week. Rey and Christian celebrate in the ring following their victory.

WINNERS: REY MYSTERIO AND CHRISTIAN

<M:83% C:80% O:81%>

We go backstage and Scott Steiner is standing by with Mean Gene Okerland. The crowd pops at Steiner's appearance on the tron.

Mean Gene: "Scott Steiner, you requested this time."

Scott: "Your damn right I did Mean Gene. Last week, Steve Austin, you cost me my shot at the world heavyweight title against that snot nosed punk chris Jericho. I rolled into Nitro tonight looking to kick someone's ass, looking to kick YOUR ASS. And then I find out that you're not here tonight! Well next week Stonecold, I'm calling your punk ass out. This is fare warning that next week, you're gonna have hell to pay when I beat the living hell out of you!"

Steiner walks off, leaving Mean Gene standing there.

<0:89%>

We got to Eric Bischoff's Office, where it looks like Eric has another announcement to make.

Eric: "I just wanted to let everyone know, that I just got off the phone with the board of directors, and they've informed me that they have appointed a NEW commissioner to WCW. However, being that this announcement will ROCK the FOUNDATION of WCW, I've decided, that I will make the announcement AT SOULED OUT!! Also, I have one more announcement to make. I have signed yet another match to SOULED OUT! It will be the WCW Cruiserweight champion Billy Kidman going one on one with REY MYSTERIO! And the flock is barred from Ringside! If any member of the Flock tries to interfere, they will be FIRED on the spot!"

The fans cheer at the announcement as suspense builds regarding the commissionership of WCW! All of a sudden, Colt Cabana walks into Eric's office and the crowd begans to boo.

Eric: "Well Cabana, what a surprise, and what do I owe of this visit?"

Cabana: "All joking aside Eric, I want a match next week. Last week, I talked a bunch of crap against the guy, just to find out he wasn't defecting from WCW. He's been calling me all week, getting in my face about what I said. Next week, I want CM Punk in 2 out of 3 falls. '

Eric: "You want CM Punk in 2 out of 3 falls ? You know what Cabana, I know a great match when I hear one, and you got it. Next week, in the main event, CM Punk will take on Colt Cabana in a 2 out of 3 falls matchup!! How does that sound?"

Cabana: (in an english voice) "It Sounds bloody great sunshine. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go throw some shrimp on the barby to celebrate!"

Cabana walks out of Eric's office singing showtunes as Eric smiles at Cabana's comedic exit.

<0:77% Colt Cabana gained overness from this segment. >

Mick Foley in the parking garage, shaking hands with random crew members and fans, signing a few autographs as well. It looks like he just arrived at the building. Whiskey Marc comes from behind, delivering a vicious chop block to the back of the legs. Folley falls backwards, hitting the ground back first as he clutches onto his knee in pain.

Marc: "Hahaha, Foley, I guess you better watch where your going next time. I won't hold it against you if you can't make it Souled Out!"

Marc walks off laughing as EMT's are checking on Foley, who's writhing in pain still clutching onto his right leg.

<0:89%>

CHRIS JERICHO© VS SONNY SIAKI, WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Siaki comes out to a great response. As Siaki's in the ring, we see clips on the tron of what Jericho did to Booker earlier in the show. Jericho comes out next to a grand entrance as the fans boo the hell out of him. Jericho is in the ring now and the bell sounds and here we go. Test of Strength that Jericho undoubtably wins and sends Siaki to the ground with a huge hiptoss. Siaki goes for the test of strength again with one arm! Jericho grabs his hand and twists it, sending shocks of pain down Siaki's arm. armdrag by Jericho and the champ is as cocky as ever tonight. Siaki, not learning his lesson, goes for a collar and elbow tieup, but Jericho kicks him in the stomach and delivers a kneelift to the face and Siaki hits the ground. Jericho puts one foot on his chest and flexes, but only gets a 1 count for that non-chalent pin. Irish whip by Jericho, but Siaki jumps onto the second rope and jumps off with a back elbow! Siaki fights back with forearms before trying to irish whip Jericho, but Jericho reverses and puts his head down. Siaki telegraphs it with a kick to the chest, but Jericho gets right up and hits him with an inside out clothesline, killing the fans reaction throughout this hope spot.

Jericho on the offensive and goe to work on the leg, with elbow drops to the inside thigh. Jericho drives his knee directly into Siaki's. Irish Whip by Jericho and Siaki can't even stand as he falls to the ground. Jericho laughs as he picks up Siaki, Double underhook backbreaker by Jericho, so looks to be in firm control of this one. Jericho hits the ropes, going for the lionsault, but Siaki got his knee's up! Both superstars lay on the ground in pain, as getting the knees up definitely hurt Siaki just as much as Jericho. Both superstars get on their feet and Siaki blocks right hands, delivering his own. Jericho goes for a right hand, but Siaki ducks and hits the SIAK BOTTOM!!! Both superstars lay on the canvas again. Finally Siaki drapes his hand over Jericho, but only gets a 2 count.

Siaki gets to his feet and picks jericho up, delivering a bodyslam. The fans go wild as Siaki calls for the most electrifying legdrop in pro wrestling today! Siaki does the motion and hits the ropes once and then again, He does a front flip and goes for a legdrop, but Jericho stands up and Siaki hits the mat backside first. Jericho grabs the legs and turns Siaki over for the LIONTAMER!! Jericho drives the knee right into the back and Siaki immediately taps out. Jericho's music hits, but he's not done yet as he doesn't release the hold. After 10 seconds, Booker T comes running in and puts his head down, driving Jericho right into the corner. Chops by Booker followed by a skinning back kick in the corner. Book pulls jericho out of the corner and delivers a gut kick and bounces off the ropes, SCISSORS KICK!! We fade out with Book doing the spinaroonie in the ring and posing on the top turnbuckle as Jericho is down and out on the canvas.

WINNER: CHRIS JERICHO

<M:100% C:86% O:93%>

SHOW RATING: 80%

ok i have just read your whole whole diary (took me two days). and i know i dont post much but of all the diaries that I have read this one by far takes it, i mean the dedication is out of this world. KEEP IT UP MAN!!!

Edited by dlane0087

user posted image

Tuesday, January 17th, 2006

- RATINGS -

Primetime:

WWE - 6.07

WCW - 5.49

ECW - 5.50

TNA - CANCELLED BY NETWORK

BREAKING NEWS: TNA CONTRACT NOT PICKED UP BY WGN!!!

WGN has stopped airing TNA!!  WGN was not willing to renew or extend TNA's monday night television contract due to the companies failing public image. This is obviously huge news for Vince Mcmahon, as his whole intention was to get TNA out of the monday night scene.

BREAKING NEWS: ECW ENDS WCW'S 28 WEEK #2 STREAK

In another shocking turn of events, WCW's rating plummetted this week nearly a half of a point! Following TNA's departure from television, instead of fans tuning into the other shows, they simply tuned off. While ECW and WWE remained nearly unaffected, WCW was hit hard this week. Experts say that the reason was perhaps WCW's show last week. Although Nitro was strong last week, they had "that one show" where nothing seemed to click. More on this as it develops.

BACKSEAT BOYS: MOVING UP

Following their debut last night, The Backseat Boys, Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere are moving up from the lower midcard to the midcard.

RUMOR PATROL

Rumors are running rampant as to who the new WCW Commissioner will be. Names that are being thrown around as possibilities by the internet smarks are as far ranged as The Rock to even ECW owner himself Paul Heyman! Needless to say, WCW either has something huge in store, or this whole thing could be a big bust. Also on the rumor patrol, many smarks are saying that Steve Austin's character needs a change of pace. Look for him to perhaps show a different side on the next Nitro

user posted image

WCW MONDAY NIGHT NITRO

Sunday, January 11th, 2005

<=:=><=:=>Intro and pyro<=:=><=:=>

Meltzer: "Souled out is upon us this Sunday only on pay per view. Things are certainly getting read hot here in WCW, it should be a great night.

GLASS SHATTERS and out comes Stone Cold to an absolutely huge ovation. Austin poses on the four turnbuckles before grabbing a microphone.

Austin: "If my ears don't deceive me, last week I thought I heard someone say that they were going to call out Stone Cold Steve Austin. If my eyes didn't deceive me, I believe that son bitch was Scott Steiner! Scott Steiner had the nerve to talk trash about Stone Cold last week on Nitro when I wasn't there. You know what I call a person who talks trash behind your back? A Coward, a yellow bellied son of a bitch. Scott Steiner thinks that he can call me out because he injects himself with steroids every week, well ah ah, No one calls out Stone Cold Steve Austin. That's why Scott Steiner, I'm calling YOU out. Stone Cold Steve Austin has something to say to you."

Steiner's music hits and out comes the genetic freak Scott Steiner. He walks down the ramp and gets into the ring, staring a hole in Austin through his sunglasses.

Steiner: "Austin, last week, I said I'd call your punk ass out. You seemed to have one upped me this week, but let me one up you. Let me make this short and sweet. Me and you Austin, one on one, SOULED OUT. Your may be a rattle snake austin, but everyone tells me that I'm like a boa constrictor. I squeeze the life out of my opponents with the largest arms.."

Austin: "You think you can cut a promo on Steve Austin? ah ah, that aint gonna happen. Scott Steiner, you challenge Stone Cold to a match, well I accept your challenge and this sunday, I'm gonna whip your ass all over that arena. You say your a boa constrictor, I say your one sorry son bitch. Steiner.."

"I'm back...." hits and out comes the Boss! Bischoff stands up top on the entrance ramp as the crowd here in Atlanta cheers the man.

Bischoff: "Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a minute. I knew this would happen, I knew you two would want to fight, so I already booked the match. You see, I know that Steve Austin and Scott Steiner is a good match on any night, but for Souled Out, let's raise the stakes. That's why I've decided that at Souled Out, you two will compete in a singles match, but for the NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP TO THE WCW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE!"

Austin: "Well Eric, to be perfectly honest with you, I think that's a great match, there's just one problem. I can't wait that long."

Austin goes to kick Steiner in the stomach, but Steiner grabs the leg and spins austin around, back suplex! Steiner with the irish whip, but Austin reverses. Steiner holds onto the ropes and does the Kane flip over the rope and smiles as the crowd boo's.

Steiner: "Not tonight Austin. This Sunday, bring your best, because you know I'm hungry for that heavyweight title. Holla if ya hear me when I say you're looking at the next WCW Heavyweight champ!"

Steiner's music hits and the crowd is split between the two faces. Steiner smiles as he walks up the ramp, leaving Austin in the ring.

<0:85% Steve Austin debuted his new gimmick (crazy) , it got a positive response. >

An unknown theme hits and a video plays on screen, it's just a weird spiral like video of green circles on a black background. All of a sudden the words "THE SHOCK" appears on the screen and we cut to the arena, IT'S CHRIS SABIN MAKING HIS WCW DEBUT!

CHRIS SABIN VS PAUL BIRCHILL

Sabin gets a relative weak response from the crowd, as they're not sure of his disposition. He is acting quite cocky in the ring however, doing the classic HBK sit on the ropes bit as Birchill comes out to an ok response. The ref rings the bell and we're set for the first action of the night. Sabin with a heel trip in the early going and immediately goes to work on the leg. He attempts the figure four right away, but Birchall pushes him off with his other leg, Sabin hits the ropes and comes back with a pinning jacknife hold, Birchall powers out and hits a backslide that gets a 1 count. Sabin lowers his head and tries to take Birchill down, but Birchill stands his ground and the two finally get tied up in the corner. The ref tries to break the hold, and it looks like it's going to be a clean break, but Sabin delivers a bitchslap right to Birchill! Birchall is absolutely pissed off about that one and goes to clothesline Sabin, but Sabin ducks and goes behind, tiger suplex! 1-2-kickout.

Birchill is a bit shaken up after that one. Sabin tries to hoist him up on the shoulders for a death valley driver, but Birchill delivers an elbow to the head. Birchill bounces off the ropes, but Sabin catches him on the shoulders and drives him down with the death valley Driver! Sabin runs towards the corner and jumps onto the top rope without using his heads, double jump moonsault, but Birchill moves out of the way and Sabin goes crashing into the mat. Birchill on the offensive now with a pair of chops and an irish whip, spinebuster! Birchill goes to the top rope, but Sabin is up and punches him in the back a couple times..SABIN EDGE! 1-2-kickout. Sabin looks to be in full control of this one, overpowering Birchill throughout the match. Sabin grabs Birchill from the back while he's still on canvas. Birchill grabs onto the bottom rope, but it's no good, wheelbarrow suplex by Sabin. Sabin picks him up, CRADLE SHOCK! This one's over, 1-2-3 and this was all Sabin in a very well disguised squash. After the match, Birchill extended his hand, being a good sport about the loss. Sabin looked at his hand and kicked it away, leaving Birchill angry in the ring.

WINNER: CHRIS SABIN

<M:86% C:49% O:67%>

We go backstage were we see the Backseat Boyz backstage with Mean Gene

Mean Gene: "Last week you two made quite the impa.."

Acid: "Your damn right the Backseat Boyz made some noise last week. Let me tell you something Mean Gene, when your as talented as us, a lowly victory against guys like Air Fare aint nothin'. Just another match for the backseat boyz, the hottest commodity around."

Kashmere: (in a hogan voice) "Let me tell you something Mean Gene..... woo that felt good to say that, did you like my Hogan impersonation?"

Acid: "If I wasn't watching, I couldn't have told the difference."

Kashmere: "But that same saying can't be said about us, the Backseat Boys. You see, me and Trent, we've been around the block more then a few times, we know who's who in this company. Last week, that was nothin. We've got our eyes on the prize, that tag team titles. And soon enough,those belts will be around our waists. Not that we need them, but you gotta agree Trent.."

Acid and Kashmere: "The chicks dig the gold!"

Acid and Kashmere walk off as we go to commercial break.

<0:62%>

DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE vs AL SNOW

With a match like this, you couldn't expect much could you? Two aging tag team wrestlers, way past their prime, in singles competition? Well, you better guess again as these two pulled out all the stops in the early going. A little chain wrestling in the early going, reversing armringers and small, non damaging submission holds as the crowd got into this matchup. Snow took control with a cheap shot to the gut and a firemans carry followed by a blatant choke that damn near got Snow Disqualified. DDP mounted a comeback shortly after that, hitting a series of ring hands and finally a turn around clothesline that got a 2 count. With DDP in control, the crowd started to rally behind him. DDP hit a running knee lift to snow's face and an elbow drop that earned him another two count.

DDP with the irish whip, but snow dove at him for a cross body. DDP caught him and planted him down with a front falling slam. DDP put Snow in a leg grapevine, but luckily Snow was able to get to the ropes. Snow mounted a comeback following a fury combo of kicks to the legs and ribs. Snow hit a ddt which earned him a 2 count as DDP got the shoulder up. DDP fought back delivering shots to the midsection but Snow killed him moment with a kneelift. Irish whip by Snow, but DDP reverses and hits a powerslam! With his mentor in trouble, Big Vito came running down the ramp as DDP and Snow both exhaustingly got to their feet. DDP Noticed Vito hit the ring. Vito tries for a running big boot, but DDP ducked and Vito laid out Snow in the middle of the room. DDP hit the Diamond Cutter on Vito which sent him to the outside. Kanyon came running down the ramp and towards Vito while DDP made the cover in the ring, 1-2-3 and DDP wins this one due to some unintentional help from Vito. On the outside, Kanyon irish Whips vito right into the steel steps as DDP celebrates in the ring.

WINNER: DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE

<M:76% C:72% O:74%>

Coach: "Why hasn't Kanyon been fired yet? I can't stand that guy!"

Meltzer: "I think we get the point Coach, you don't like Kanyon."

Coach: "Don't like? I hate the guy. Look at him, that's a face not even a mother could love. Look at that greasy hair, who knows what's in it. "

We go backstage, where Sinister Creation is standing by with Sinister Minister.

Minister: "So my plan didn't work. Eric Bischoff has so rudely interjected and is making us defend the tag team titles against the legion of doom next week at souled out. Does he actually think that they intimidate us? Do they not forget who we are? Mikey Whipwreck, former ecw heavyweight champion, Yoshihiro Tajiri, ECW Television champion, not to mention, the current wcw tag team champions. Along with myself, the sinister Minister. The man with the devine plan. Do the L.O.D really think that they can defeat us in a steel cage? That's our element. They say we're the underdog in the match, well, we all know that caged animals are vicious, and they will fight back. They call you Animal, but you lack Animalistic instincts. This Sunday Animal, this Sunday your last match will go down as a defeat. The past always falls victim to the present."

We go to commercial as the camera pans in the on the evil faces of Sinister Creation.

<0:71% Sinister Minister gained overness from this segment. >

KONNAN VS REY MYSTERIO

The internet smarks are definitely looking forward to this match. Konnan comes out first to some heat from the crowd, but when Rey hits, they go wild. this one starts off with Rey going through Konnans legs and delivering a dropkick to the back that sends Konnan staggering into the ropes. Irish whip by Rey gets reversed by Konnan. Konnan elevates Rey high into the air with a flap jack, but Rey comes down and hits a hurricanrana that sends Konnan scrambling to the bottom rope. 619 attempt , but Konnan gets back on his feet and grabs rey's legs and puts him on his shoulders, but rey finds a way to squirm off the back of Konnan and attempt a sunset flip. But Konnans too powerful for that and he grabs rey by the neck and pulls him up and hits a sitout powerbomb for a two count.

Irish whip by Konnan who hits the rolling thunder Lariat! Konnan uncharacteristically goes to the top rope, but rey gets to his feet, springboards off the top rope and hits Konnan with an enziguri! Rey climbs up top, frankensteiner! Rey goes to the apron and springboards into the ring, dropping the dime and earning a two count. Rey picks up Konnan and delivers a couple chops before trying an irish whip, Konnan reverses again. This time, rey goes for the headscissors, but spins around in circles on Konnan a couple times before finally delivering them as the crowd marks out for that one. Rey calls for the west coast pop, and springboards off the top rope. Konnan catches him on his shoulders and powerbombs him right into the turnbuckle! Konnan picks Rey up and grabs his head, tornado DDT! Here's the cover, 1-2-kickout.

Konnan is shocked, but picks Rey up, Irish whip by Konnan, but Rey takes out his leg with a dropkick. Standing barrel role legdrop by Mysterio and he has the crowd fired up in this instant classic. He goes to the outside again and calls for the west coast pop, but Kidman comes running down the ramp. Rey springboards up and Kidman jumps onto the apron, slamming against the ropes. This sends Rey flying into the ring and landing on his side. Kidman climbs the top rope and delivers a missle dropkick to Konnan. The ref calls for the bell and throws this one out. Kidman picks Rey up and sets him up for a powerbomb...KID CRUSHER and he drills Rey's face right into the mat. Kidman goes up top and sets up for the shooting star, but Konnan grabs him and throws him off the top rope and he does a flip and lands back first. Kidman is quick to leave the ring as Konnan goes chasing towards him. Meanwhile, Rey is on the outside, resting up against the announce table as he clutches onto his head. Him and Konnan give one another a look, they're both dissapointed the match had to end that way.

WINNER: NO CONTEST

<M:83% C:79% O:81%>

We go backstage, and we see Foley sitting on a countertop in a small room as two doctors in whitecoats check out his leg. They bend his leg and he makes a facial expression as if it was painful.

Doctor #1: "Well Mick, it looks like you have a pretty bad tissue bruise in your knee. I'd advice you stay off it as much as possible for the next two weeks."

Foley: "Am I cleared to wrestle doc?"

Doctor #2: "Mick, I'd strongly advice against it. You could risk some serious strain to that tissue,"

Foley: "But am I cleared to wrestle?"

Doctor #1: "Since the injury isn't life or career threatening Mick, you are technically cleared to wrestle. However, as my partner said, we don't want you walking on it much, let alone wrestling."

Foley: "The doctors wanted me to stop the match when the undertaker threw me 25 feet of a steel cage. I had a tooth sticking out of my nose and that sure as hell didn't stop me. Pain is my friend and I will embrace it this sunday. So what if Whiskey Marc gave himself an easy target, he can have the advantage, because quite frankly, if he needs an advantage to defeat me, then it's not really much of a defeat now is it?

Foley walks out of the room on his own, limping extremely bad, leaving his crutches behind.

<0:88%>

We come back and apparently we are following Sean O'Haire as he walks through the arena. After about 30 seconds, he reaches a door. He stands outside for a second before walking in. He walks right in on Stacey Keibler and Austin Aries. Austin is sitting in a leather chair with Stacey sitting on the armrest as they embrace in what could only be called pornstar like kissing. Stacey has no top on, just a pink bra and a skirt. They notice Sean and stay in the same position, but stop kissing.

Sean: "Well well well, what do we have here, the lovebirds. So Stacey, have you brought him over for dinner at the folks house yet?"

Stacey: "Uhh....A little privacy Sean?"

Sean: "Uhh...A little decency Stacey? It seems as if everytime I see you, you're sucking face with some new guy. Why is that Stacey, I know one's not enough for you? But five, six, seven , eight.. doesn't that seem a little excessive to you?"

Stacey: "I have needs Sean. A womens needs have to be fulfilled"

Sean: "You know, if all women in the world were like you Stacey, the world's population would be doubled. Don't you ever fear the risk of getting pregnant from one of these random macho built men?"

Stacey: "I don't worry Sean, We use protection, and anyways, I'd love to have kids someday. Money isn't an issue, I'd make a good mommy. Isn't that right Austin?"

Austin: "Uhhhh...errmmm..yeah.. I guess you would Stacey! I know you would!"

Sean: "You think so Stacey? You think you could handle the responsbility of a little one running around your house? No more going to work for about a year and a half Stacey, think you could stay away from a locker room of guy's for that long? What about those needs Stacey? What if the baby comes crying when random guy number 6 has you on your back moaning? You see Stacey, you're nothing more then a dumb blonde, and unfortunately, you fit the exact stereotype of the majority of parents today. Young, dumb, just wanted to make love and ended up making a human being. You know what Stacey, on second thought, go ahead and ruin your life. Hell I don't care, why would I care? It's your life, you should live it how you please. If you have desires, go ahead and fill them with reckless abandonment. Sometimes a mistake can lead to a good thing, and sometimes a mistake can ruin someones live, but hey, you already know that, you saw what happened to Matt's life didn't you?"

Sean walks out of the room and shuts the door.

Austin: "Now let's get back to where we left off baby.."

Stacey: "No Austin.. I think I'm going to take a walk."

Stacey gets up and buts her shirt back on, leaving Aries dissapointed in the locker room as she leaves him behind.

<0:87%>

BOOKER T/MATT HARDY VS CHRIS JERICHO/EDGE

Booker T and Matt come out first to strong ovations. Edge is out next to a series of boo's. Finally, the highlight of the night himself comes out and the crowd here in atlanta is all over him. Jericho gets on the apron to do his poses, but Booker shoves him off and heads to the outside and we have a match on our hands. Hardy attacks edge with a series of punches to the back and side of the head as he's all over Edge. Meanwhile on the outside, Booker T just stun gunned Jericho on the guardrail outside. Book goes for a vertical suplex, but Jericho reverses it and gets into the ring, leaving book on the outside. Jericho attacks Matt Hardy, who's getting the better of Edge. Double irish whip, but Matt comes back with a double clothesline! Matt covers Edge but only gets a 1 count as Jericho breaks it up.

Edge with a rake of the eyes and makes the tag to Jericho, who coems in and is all over Matt with a series of right hands before reeling back and bitchslapping him. Matt with a kneelift and a snapmare and a huge kick right to Jerichos back. Irish whip by Matt, but Jericho comes back with the flying forearm. Jericho grabs the legs and tries to turn him for the liontamer, but Matt rolls him up for a two count. Tag made to Edge and tag made to Booker as the two fresh men come in the ring. Book with chops to Edge that echo throughout the arena. Irish whip by Book, but edge comes back and goes behind, rolling him up for a schoolboy that only gets two. Edge takes control with a european uppercut and a bodyslam. Edge hits the ropes and Book goes up and over him. Edge meets the boot of Book, who connects on a spinning heel kick. Book climbs to the top rope and hits a missle dropkick! Edge kicks out at 2. Book with an irish whip into the ropes. He goes running at Edge, but Edge leaps up and sits on the top turnbuckle and grabs Book's head, TORNADO DDT! Edge crawls over and makes the tag to Jericho

Jericho comes in and kicks Book while he's down before doing the one foot on the chest pin. Book grabs the leg and trips him up. Jericho tries to make the tag to Edge, fearing for his life, but Book won't let that happen and pulls him in with a reverse waist lock, German suplex by Booker T and he's feeling it. SPINAROONIE! Edge comes in  the ring but he's met with big boot to the face and heads out of the ring. Matt follows him on the outside and attacks him as the two fight their way up the ramp, leaving Book and Jericho in the ring! Jericho hits Book from behind, who was watching Matt and Edge fight up the ramp. Irish whip by Jericho, book reverses and puts his head down, one arm bulldog by Jericho! Jericho springboards off the ropes, LIONSAULT...But Book gets the knees up! Jericho grabs the legs and tries to turn him over for the liontamer, He struggles. Book reaches up and grabs the head and rolls him up, 1-2-3 and Book has pinned Jericho cleanly and Jericho cannot believe it!! He's in disbelief as Book rolls to the outside, his hand raised the winner. As his music hits, he motions that the belt is going around his waist and Jericho throws a tantrum i nthe ring.

WINNERS: BOOKER T AND MATT HARDY

<M:81% C:89% O:86%>

We go backstage and Captain Charisma himself is standing by with Mean Gene.

Mean Gene: "Christian, this Sunday.."

All of a sudden Raven walks up and the two stand face to face. Raven grabs the microphone.

Raven: "This Sunday, a new champion will be crowned as the flock captures United States gold. Christian, I've told you once, I've told you twice, and I'll tell you again, you can't stop destiny. The great thing about destiny is, there's nothing you can do about it, it just takes it's course. Well I can see into the future, and I see.."

Christian: "Shut your mouth....BITCH! This is the Captain's time, not Raven's soapbox preacher time. If you want to spew all your garbage Raven, perhaps you should go do it on public access, cause no one wants to hear that **** on Nitro! The peeps are all here, they want to hear their Captain do what he does best, entertain the masses. Raven, this Sunday, you say it's your destiny, but I'd call it a travesty. You say it's your will, I say no way. This belt, this United States title, is going no where. And do you know why? Because the last thing I'd want to do is let down the peep nation at Souled Out."

Raven: "I must admit, you talk a good game. But the name of the pay per view alone, Souled Out, is very ironic. Me and you, we're a lot alike. We're two souls wondering this earth, wanting nothing more then success. Yet we're two opposites. But I use to be alot like you. You see, I use to be lost in the shuffle, but now I just shuffle with the lost. I use to want what you need, approval from those idiots out there. But you see, when you stop caring, when you stop feeling the need to be respected, when you stop performing for them, you reach a whole new level. A level a guy like you could never reach. You reach a level of understanding, you start seeing things differently. You use that gold as a way to boost your popularity, I'll use it, for much greater purposes. This Sunday Christian, you'lle fall victim to the effect that is simply known as Raven. "

Raven walks off, leaving Christian standing there alongside Mean Gene.

<0:82%>

COLT CABANA VS CM PUNK, 2 OUT OF 3 FALLS MATCH.

Meltzer: "This one should be classic, anytime these two hook it up, it's great."

Cabana comes out first to a mixed reaction, this guy's work has been gold as of late. CM Punk comes out to nothing but cheers, he's really over in Atlanta. He stands atop the turnbuckle and does the X, his legion of followers in the crowd throw up the X as well. The bell sounds and the two actually shake hands before this one in a mutual respect for one another despite the fact they seemingly cant stand each other

FIRST FALL:

Collar and elbow tieup and neither man can get an advantage. Cabana breaks away and they circle one another for a second before engulfing in another. Neither man gets the advantage as they jocky for position around the ring. Finally Cabana breaks CM into the corner and the ref calls for the break. It looks as if they may break clean.. but guess again as Cabana delivers a sickening chop to the chest of CM. He delivers another that echos throughout the arena. CM reverses position and hits Cabana with 4 hard chops to the chest. Both of their chests are bright red after that affair. CM goes to whip Cabana to the other corner, but Cabana reverses and CM goes running towards the corner, but climbs the ropes and hits a move  very similar to Jeff Hardy's whispey in the wind, but he lands on top of Cabana and grabs the leg, but only gets a two count. Bodyslam by CM and he drops the leg across the throat of Cabana. CM grabs the legs and goes for a jacknife hold pin, but Cabana immediately powers up and puts him in underhook position. Underhook sitout powerbomb! 1-2, and CM pulls himself on top of Cabana, 1-2- Cabana rolls over and puts his head through CM's legs, 1-2-CM pushes his head and Cabana does a flip, CM puts his feet on top of Cabana's arms, 1-2, Cabana rolls over goes for the backslide, 1-2-CM's feet hit the ground and he stands up with a show of great power, having Cabana in the crucifix position, SITOUT CRUCIFIX POWERBOMB! CM immediately jumps to his feet and jumps onto the top rope, Crooked legged moonsault! 1-2-3 and CM Punk has obtained the first fall at the 7 minute mark!

SECOND FALL:

CM almost immediately goes for another cover as there are no breaks in this one.1-2- Cabana kicks out and CM puts him in a rest hold, the reverse chinlock. After about 20 seconds, Cabana delivers elbows to CM's gut before hitting the ropes, High knee to the chest by CM Punk stolen right from Triple H's moveset. Standing moonsault press by CM Punk, 1-2-Kickout. CM picks Cabana up and hoists him onto his shoulders, but Cabana falls off and puts Punk in a rear waist lock, Dragon suplex! Cabana stands on both of CM's boots and grabs the arms, SURFBOARD! He grabs the neck as well and locks in the dragon sleeper. After 30 excruciating seconds, CM finally is able to elbow Cabana right in the face! Cabana's nose is busted wide open. CM with a hammerlock, PEPSI TWIST! CM Picks up Cabana and underhooks him, "WELCOME TO CHICAGO MOTHER ******" Punk yells out as the network obviously bleeps it. Underhook backbreaker drop to Cabana. Texas cloverleaf by Punk! Cabana is yelling in pain in the middle of the ring. After 30 seconds, he finally reaches the ropes. CM picks up Cabana, but Cabana hits a low blow kick as Punk was behind him and the ref wasn't in position! Cabana goes up top, big elbow drop. 1-2-Kickout. Swinging snap suplex and Cabana goes to the outside. Springboard legdrop!! 1...2...no. Cabana with an Irish whip and a tilt a whirl, but he holds on, he's trying to set him up for a tombstone! CM kicks his legs and eventually reverses the hold, now trying to get Cabana positioned right for the Tombstone...BUT CABANA REVERSES AND HITS A SICKENING TOMBSTONE!! Cabana with a deep hook of the leg, 1-2-3 and this one is tied!!!

FINAL FALL:

Cabana goes up top, but misses a huge moonsault onto Punk. Cabana goes to sit up, SHINING WIZARD!!! CM goes for it and locks in the DEVILS LOCK!!! Cabana is on the verge of tapping, but makes it to the ropes. CM goes behind Cabana and goes for a german, but Cabana drops to one Knee. CM with a couple hard shots to the back and tries again, but Cabana blocks it and goes behind CM. CM runs towards, the ropes, but Cabana hands on and rolls him up.. but instead of the pin, he powers him up and release german suplexes him with such great stregnth and the CM hits the referee! The ref falls to the outside and is out of it. Cabana picks him up, Northern lights suplex with a bridging pin, but there's no ref!! Cabana goes to the top rope, but CM goes up as well and delivers a stiff european uppercut to Cabana. Punk goes up top as well and sets up Cabana, PEPSI PLUNGE!!!! The ref is still out!! Eddie Guerrero comes racing down the ramp and attacks CM Punk. Low blow kick by Eddie Guerrero and he puts CM Between his legs, POWERBOMB! Cabana is to his feet now and notices what's going as Guerrero climbs to the top rope. Cabana is pissed and goes to the ropes, racking Eddie up top! Cabana climbs up the top rope, BRAINBUSTER DANNNNNGERRROUS To Eddie!! Cabana picks up Eddie and throws him over the top rope as the fans Cheer. Cabana stands in the corner and waits for CM to get to his feet as the ref gets back in the ring. The fans cheer Cabana's actions, as he wants to win this one cleanly.

CM gets back to his feet and notices Eddie Guerrero on the outside. They circle one another, CM Extends his hand and Cabana shakes it really fast as the fans go wild for the show of sportsmanship. Here's the big finish, clothesline attempt by Cabana, punk ducks and goes behind, Punk up on the shoulders, spins around and goes under the legs for a pinning frankensteiner! 1-2-No. Both superstars are back on their feet, CM Tries for a clothlesline, Cabana ducks, NECKBREAKER! Cabana goes for a legdrop, Punk kips up and kicks Cabana in the chest, Standing backflip press, Cabana sits up, back senton by Cabana. Irish whip by Cabana, Punk with a cross body, Cabana rolls through and stands up. Sheer power by Cabana as he muscles CM off the canvas and onto his shoulder, but CM wiggles his way back into a sunset flip position and tries to get Cabana over, He does, but Cabana quickly boxes the ears with his legs. Both superstars kip up, Punch attempt by CM, Cabana ducks and grabs him, COLLLTTTTTT 45!!!!!! Cabana with the pin, 1....2....3 AND CABANA WINS 2 FALLS TO 1!! A Five star match as both superstars lay on the canvas as we geta thunderous ovation from the crowd who are on their feet clapping and whistling after this amazing main event. Both superstars finally get to their feet and Cabana's hand is raised.

CM Punk looks across at Cabana and the two look at one another, They walk up to each other in the center of the ring, CM Punk extends his hand in a show of sportsmanship, Cabana grabs him and gives him a huge hug!!! CM raises his hand along with Cabana's and points at Cabana.

Meltzer: "Well this is definitely something. These two, after their deep rivalry last year, their memorable 5 star classics, and now, our first match of the year candidate for 2006, yet another CM Punk Colt Cabana classic. I don't know what to say. These two have such a respect for each other in that ring, that respect has overcame hatred and these two have found a new degree of friendship. They may be fierce competitors, but there's no denying greatness, and you're looking at two of the finest young athletes in the world today. They may not see eye to eye, they may have different views on life and next week, they may return to their old antics, but these two were certainly something tonight. This is truly a you have to be there to believe it atmosphere. Folks, you can't miss Souled Out! See you Sunday!"

WINNER: COLT CABANA

<M:91% C:77% O:84% Colt Cabana gained overness from this match. >

SHOW RATING: 77%

I must say I absolutely love your diary it's definitely one of my favourites. I'm enjoying Jericho as heel world champion and I hope Christian retains at Souled Out.

WCW WRESTLER OF 2005

4. Eddie Guerrero (cruiser champ - July 31st - Oct. 3rd, Tag champ - Sept 25 - Oct 31st)

WCW TAG TEAM OF 2005

5. Air Fare

BEST FACE OF 2005

1. Chris Benoit

2. Steve Austin

3. Booker T

4. Christian

5. Cactus Jack

BEST HEEL OF 2005

1. Chris Jericho

2. Scott Steiner

3. Whiskey Marc

4. Eddie Guerrero

5. Raven

BIGGEST SHOCK OF 2005

BEST FEUD OF 2005

4. Edge and Matt Hardy

BEST MATCH OF 2005

6. Write in entry: _________________________

DEBUT OF 2005

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR 2005 (no one that has competed on WWE/WCW/TNA television regularly in the past. NOTE: Whiskey Marc is withheld from this list.):

1. CM Punk

2. Paul Birchall

3. Ruckus

4. Adam Windsor

5. Colt Cabana

2006 BREAK OUT STAR (This guy will rise above the rest in WCW and be the next Y2J)

1. Sean O'Haire

2. CM Punk

3. Colt Cabana

4. Chavo Guerrero

5. Austin Aries

WCW WRESTLER OF 2005

WCW TAG TEAM OF 2005

5. Air Fare

BEST FACE OF 2005

1. Chris Benoit

2. Steve Austin

3. Booker T

4. Christian

5. Cactus Jack

BEST HEEL OF 2005

1. Chris Jericho

2. Scott Steiner

3. Whiskey Marc

4. Eddie Guerrero

5. Raven

BIGGEST SHOCK OF 2005

6. Write in entry: ____________________________

BEST FEUD OF 2005

4. Edge and Matt Hardy

BEST MATCH OF 2005

6. Write in entry:colt cabana vs cm punk (nitro jan 11 2/3 falls)

DEBUT OF 2005

1. CM Punk

2. Paul Birchall

3. Ruckus

4. Adam Windsor

5. Colt Cabana

1. Sean O'Haire

2. CM Punk

3. Colt Cabana

4. Chavo Guerrero

5. Austin Aries

WCW WRESTLER OF 2005

WCW TAG TEAM OF 2005

5. Air Fare

BEST FACE OF 2005

1. Chris Benoit

2. Steve Austin

3. Booker T

4. Christian

5. Cactus Jack

BEST HEEL OF 2005

1. Chris Jericho

2. Scott Steiner

3. Whiskey Marc

4. Eddie Guerrero

5. Raven

BIGGEST SHOCK OF 2005

BEST FEUD OF 2005

4. Edge and Matt Hardy

BEST MATCH OF 2005

6. Write in entry:colt cabana vs cm punk (nitro jan 11 2/3 falls)

DEBUT OF 2005

1. CM Punk

2. Paul Birchall

3. Ruckus

4. Adam Windsor

5. Colt Cabana

1. Sean O'Haire

2. CM Punk

3. Colt Cabana

4. Chavo Guerrero

5. Austin Aries

WCW WRESTLER OF 2005

WCW TAG TEAM OF 2005

5. Air Fare

BEST FACE OF 2005

1. Chris Benoit

2. Steve Austin

3. Booker T

4. Christian

5. Cactus Jack

BEST HEEL OF 2005

1. Chris Jericho

2. Scott Steiner

3. Whiskey Marc

4. Eddie Guerrero

5. Raven

BIGGEST SHOCK OF 2005

BEST FEUD OF 2005

3. CM Punk and Colt Cabana RoH!

4. Edge and Matt Hardy

BEST MATCH OF 2005

2. Raven vs Austin @ Starrcade (dog collar match) <-- so im a Raven and Aries mark... so what lol

DEBUT OF 2005

1. CM Punk

2. Paul Birchall

3. Ruckus

4. Adam Windsor

5. Colt Cabana

1. Sean O'Haire

2. CM Punk

3. Colt Cabana

4. Chavo Guerrero

5. Austin Aries

user posted image

Tuesday, January 24th, 2006

- RATINGS -

Primetime:

WWE - 6.08

WCW - 5.41

ECW - 5.45

Another step backwards for WCW and yet another win by ECW, only this time in a little larger fashion. With a war a' brewin' and a WCW payperview this Sunday, theres' no telling what will happen

EDGE - A Step Backwards

Sources are saying that the fans have began to loath Edge as a main event wrestler that is the reason WCW management have moved Edge down to the upper midcard level.

WAR! ECW and WCW butt heads again.

It looks as if WCW and ECW will go to war yet again this week. Look for both companies to take a dive in PI once again. Currently WCW sits ahead of ECW by 3 points, 14 to 11.

CHRIS SABIN DEBUTS

Last night, we saw the arrival of Chris Sabin onto the WCW Scene. We can't tell you how excited we are to see him in WCW. We expect great things out of him in the future

Edited by Disengager

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Chris Jericho© vs Booker T

#1 CONTENDERS MATCH TO THE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

Scott Steiner vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Raven vs Christian©

HIGH STAKES "I QUIT" MATCH

Whiskey Marc vs Cactus Jack

THE SECOND ENCOUNTER: LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

Matt Hardy vs Edge

CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Rey Mysterio vs Billy Kidman

TORNADO TAG CAGE MATCH FOR THE TAG TEAM TITLES

Sinister Creation© vs Legion of Doom

GRUDGE MATCH

CM Punk vs Eddie Guerrero

BONUS QUESTION:

Who will be the next WCW Commissioner (2 points): Vince Russo (Y)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Chris Jericho© vs Booker T

#1 CONTENDERS MATCH TO THE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

Scott Steiner vs Steve Austin

US TITLE MATCH

Raven vs Christian©

HIGH STAKES "I QUIT" MATCH

Whiskey Marc vs Cactus Jack

THE SECOND ENCOUNTER: LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

Matt Hardy vs Edge

CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Rey Mysterio vs Billy Kidman