Man United Thread

Jook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, some of the ticket prices have risen as much as 27% as a way of getting in revenue lost due to 2 disappointing seasons in a row. And nobody was happy about that. To be fair though, I dont think Glazer will rise prices of tickets that much. I would say he will concentrate on merchandise prices to raise profit within the club.

Nobody is doubting that Glazer isnt an idiot, I am sure he is a good businessman. The problem is, nobody really knows what his plans for Man Utd are. If he has long term plans for Man Utd, and wants to own it, and then his sons to own it, I suppose that would be better, at least we could rest assured they will ALWAYS have the interest of the club first. But what if he just wants to make his money quickly, pay off debts and get rich, and then get out? As a Man Utd fan, thats my main concern, and Im sure thats what many other true Man Utd fans are against.

Actually, they'll probably win the Premiership in about two years, then go down the shitter two years later. Then sit around the bottom the next five, then a slow recovery.

That's my prediction for ManU, based on what the TB Bucs have been doing so far. Glazer got the team to their first Super Bowl, won it. Then they fell hard the second season after that SB win. They'll be back... might be a couple more years on top of the past couple of suffering.

Well, by the looks of it, the Man Utd fans are going to make the club sink. Great fans.

Loads are planning to ruin the cup final by invading the pitch and tying themselves to goalposts.

And also there is a plan to get themselves kicked out of Europe for next season by any means nessicary. Man Utd fans have really bettered their reputation recently.

Well, looks like all us Man Utd fans can do nothing but accept it really. I am a lot more willing to accept it now, since he has said that he bought the club for his sons, who are avid EPL supports. At least he has long term interest in the club, and anybody with a vested long term interest in the club wont do anything to screw it up.

Personally, the picketing supporters, who are threatening a boycott are a disgrace. If they were true Man Utd supporters they would support their club no matter what. If they dont want to go to games, others will gladly take their places.

However, wanting to rename Old trafford "The Nike Arena" is nothing short of a travesty.

If he renames it that though and wipes off most of his debt in one quick swipe I'm okay with it. We'll always call it Old Trafford and once the contract on how long they've sponsered it for ends it'll probably revert back to being called Old Trafford.

This takeover will give the club an awful lot of stability though as the Glazers are going to be in this for the long run as they're ultimately business men and will not want to lose £200 odd million.

And well after being a bit anti it now I'm okay with it now, the club will survive it the debt probably wont be anywhere near as bad as the protesters are making it out to be especially if the glazers do manage to strike a massive deal with say nike to almost wipe out the debt. its what Arsenal did with the Emirates Stadium.

I think it's a joke the way that United fans are just giving up on the club. My mate's a United fan and he said:

"I don't care what division, who the manager is, who the owner is or where we play, they're my fucking club and I'll support them"

I'm inclined to agree.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

You've already got the fans saying 'I'll burn my season ticket', 'I'll never buy a replica shirt again', 'I'll throw away my ManU pencil case', basically give them two weeks and they'll be back to their old tricks again, its all talk.

Guest Red Devil

I'm not really sure where all these so called Man Utd fans are but from the supporters that I've talked to agree with me that Glazer should be given a chance. If he fucks it up then you can do what you want but at least give the guy a chance. Now he's in here IIRC that means that the £0 Transfer budget should have been increased upto £20 Million so hopefully that can shut up some of the so called fans.

All I'm hoping for is nothing bad happens to tarnish the already waning United fans reputation at the Cup Final.

Yes but I assume most fans want funds to try and challenge Chelsea. Of course they can't possibly do that but £20m? Wigan will probably have more than that.

Whats wrong with £20million? to me, regardless of how high profile you're suppose to be, if you can't bring in significant talent for that amount, then you need a new scouting system.

If a transfer budget is all that makes you happy, then you're not much of a fan, I'd much rather not spend a penny in 5 years than end up going down the plug hole.

Guest Small Blue

Another thing is, Man Utd fans moan about Chelsea 'buying' the title. Surely if we spend £100mill of Glazer's money and win the title then we are buying it too? £20mill is a great amount when you can get a striker like Solskjaer for £1.5mill and Keane for a few million too.

I think having smaller transfer budget is better. At least this way, the youngsters will get a chance to prove themselves, without having to compete with what is there now, plus a whole flood of new people an over inflated transfer budget would bring. Who knows, we may have another Scholes or the like ready to come that could get missed because of a rampant transfer budget.

Another thing is, Man Utd fans moan about Chelsea 'buying' the title. Surely if we spend £100mill of Glazer's money and win the title then we are buying it too? £20mill is a great amount when you can get a striker like Solskjaer for £1.5mill and Keane for a few million too.

A new Patrick Vieira and a new Roy Keane pop up every couple of weeks as far as the media are concerned, its a shame they're all shit.

See: Jiri Jarosik