Man United Thread

Jook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count yourself lucky. I got suspended for that Boro topic, AND a 25% warning, and I did about the same as you two. Then again, that might be down to aj being a sensible, fair moderator rather than anything else.

I think you did worse in that topic than these two did in this one, so the suspension was sensible...if a little long :P

...anyway.

United are being strongly linked with Riquelme. Apparently he's available for £8m. My approval of the signing depends on who's bought to do the defensive side of things. If spending £8m on Riquelme means United can't afford to bring in a top-notch defensive mid, then I don't approve of it. It wouldn't be a total disaster if United had to rely on Giggs/Scholes/Rossi to be the creative attacking force in the midfield next season.

That said, as long as there's money left over for a holding midfielder then I think United should snap up Riquelme. He's got the right balance of youth and experience, and he'd finally give United a good dead-ball man again.

Edited by Hipster Doofus