The Hitman Movie is finally a go

Mysterio2000X

Vin Diesel is Hitman

Source: Variety

June 15, 2005

Vin Diesel will star as Agent 47 in 20th Century Fox's upcoming adaptation of Hitman, the best-selling video game franchise from Eidos and developer IO Interactive.

Diesel also will serve as executive producer. Charles Gordon and Adrian Askarieh are producing through their respective companies, Daybreak Productions and Prime Universe Productions. Daniel Alter will co-produce.

The game's story centers on an international assassin known as Agent 47 who works for a mysterious organization dubbed the Agency. The first three games in the franchise have sold more than 10 million units. Eidos plans to release another sequel, "Hitman: Blood Money," this fall.

"'Hitman' is a project that by the virtue of its DNA can and will reach far beyond its already substantial core audience," Askarieh said. "The canvas on which this adventure takes place is something that movie audiences have embraced for the last 40 years. We obviously are delighted to have Vin Diesel on board, too -- he and Agent 47 are a match made in heaven."

I think that Diesel could be good in the role, as long as there is a ton of killing and lots of different weapons. It should be good, and I'm glad Uwe Boll isn't directing it either.

I think Vin will do o.k. He has the whole bald thing down. Agent 47 was smaller then him though, and older, and seemed European to me. Maybe Vin isn't the right guy after all.

But to say Hollywood can't cast is an understatement. Colin Farrell as Sonny Crockett, are you fucking kidding me?

Yea, I think that this could be the perfect role for him. Not much talking at all, he just needs to have an angry look on his face as he's blowing dudes away. Nice and easy for him.

God! H-Town stop with the damn game movies! You're already messing up Doom, Bloodrayne, and Halo, just forget about the other games. Please! Unless it's Zelda. Zelda: The Movie would rule.

For those wondering why I'm not liking this, it's because the last good game adaptation came out a whole decade ago...

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

The problem being that they want someone young, so they can turn him into the next BIG action hero, basically it'd be great if once in a while the lead of a new film was from an older more experience/better actor.

• 1 year later...

I’ve played a bit of HITMAN, the Eidos game that inspired this film, and it’s fun. Like any game-to-film adaptation, though, there’s a lot of heavy lifting required to turn it into a narrative worth watching.

And it looks like Skip (SWORDFISH) Woods has nailed it. At least, whatever he just turned in has finally gotten the film a greenlight. For a while now, Vin Diesel is the name that’s been attached to the film as star.

Nope. It’s Timothy Olyphant instead. And, frankly, I think that’s awesome casting. I’m a huge fan of DEADWOOD, I can’t wait to see him play another growling, deadly sonofabitch.

Luc Besson has just come aboard the film to co-produce along with Chuck Gordon, Adrian Askarieh and Daniel Alter, and the film should be in theaters as early as next fall from 20th Century Fox.

I love the Besson-produced action films that Fox has been releasing the last few years. I wish he was directing more often, but I don’t really care who’s behind the camera as long as the films maintain that same standard of kick-assery, and this one provides at least the opportunity for more of the same. Fingers crossed.

I got that from AICN. I coulda made a new thread, but simply renaming this one seemed better and saves dolphins.

I love Timothy Olyphant, he's an awesome fucking actor. I am now actually looking forward to this with him and Luc Besson attatched. Before I was very meh, but now it is a must see.