Screamo and emo.

MalaCloudy Black

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coheed and Cambria I've heard descirbed as "nerdcore" :/

The Used are a good Emo band (check out "A Box Full Of Sharp objects", "The Taste Of Ink", "Poetic Tragedy" and "Buried Myself Alive") IMO, even though I know sod all about emo.

Check out Funeral For A Friend ("Juneau", "Bend My Arms To Look Like Wings", "Bullet Theory" and "Escape Artist Never Die")

Finch, if you haven't heard them are pretty good (check out "What It Is To Burn", "Grey Matter", "Perfection Through Silence" and "A New Beginning").

Glassjaw, if you classify them as emo, as pretty good (I think they go into "post hardcore" though...which is basically emo :/) (check out "Ape Dos Mil", "Siberian Kiss" and "Cosmopolitan Bloodloss")

I don't really know many screamo bands personally, but yeah, thats my best emo offerings. Also, if you like the older emo/more just rock with emo aspects, check out The Promise Ring or Jimmy Eats World (who I'm sure you'd have heard of, but they are technically emo, so yeah.....fits this answer)

As people have already said, Coheed & Cambria man. Check out "The Crowing", "The Velorium Camper I, II & III", "Elf Tower, NM", "Junesong Provision" and "Delirium Trigger".

The Used and FFAF are worth checking out too :D

Ummm....From Autumn To Ashes and Thursday too, although the former might not be classed as screamo/emo.

Eighteen Visions, but again, they might be classed differently.

My Chemical Romance are worth checking out too. Try "Helena", "Thank You For The Venom", "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" and "It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Fucking Deathwish"

Edited by The Second Stage Turbine Blade

.................Benji for future refernce The Used are not screamo. kk (Y)

SCREAMO - In my eyes, Screamo is an offshoot of Melodic Hardcore. It's got lots of the elements of hardcore however is not as fast, and often has normal singing in, though it is primarily screaming. Good bands....

Alexisonfire

Hot Cross

Saetia (Favourite Screamo band, though are nowhere near my favourite band)

Circle Takes The Square

Grade

The Avenging Disco Godfathers

Envy

Off Minor

I can't think of anymore at the minute.

While i'm at it, MELODIC HARDCORE (More like punk than hardcore, well some are more like hardcore than punk. Screamo is more like this only with more screaming, bah, it's hard to explain.).

Kid Dynamite

Break The Silence (AWESOME!!! Any band with Mr Precision is awesome though. 88 Fingers Louie, Rise Against, BTS. GOnna see them in September (I hope).)

Thought Riot

Raised Fist

Poison The Well

Strike Anywhere

Fury 66

From Autumn With Ashes

EMO - I don't listen to much 'emo' so this is something i'll sturggle with.

The Get Up Kids (The old stuff was awesome, I really hated the new stuff but recently i've been really digging it. It's a lot softer, and the production is good)

Sunny Day Real Estate

Death Cab For Cutie

I've ran out of bands.

Edited by Funk Odyssey

Definitely check out Alexisonfire. Best songs are Water Wings, Pulmonary Archery, Accidents, 44 Caliber Love Letter, No Transitory and Polaroids of Polar Bears. I'd definitely watch out to see when they are coming around to your area [they actually probably already have, did an American tour with Rise Against I think].

Thrice:

Under A Killing Moon

To Awake Avenge The Dead

All That's Left

Deadbolt

Trust

....those are my favorite songs by Thrice, personally I'd go for those songs first.

Alexisonfire:

Where No One Knows

Accidents

No Transitory

Pulmonary Archery

Control

...Same as above, these are my favorite songs by them, so personally I'd listen to them first.

In alphabetical order and without Thursday because you don't like them, regardless of them being IMO one of the best current Emo-core bands around :P : 400 Years, Boys Life, Braid, Cap'n Jazz, Chamberlain, Christie Front Drive, Dag Nasty, Elliot, Friction, Fugazi, Get Up Kids, Gray Matter, Hated, Hot Water Music, Husker Du, Jawbreaker, Jets to Brazil, Joan of Arc, Kerosene 454, Life Time, Mineral, Moss Icon, Promise Ring, Rites of Spring, Samiam, Shotmaker, Sleepytime Trio, Sunny Day Real Estate.

This list includes Emo bands from the 80's when Emo and Post Hardcore were often joint together and toured together as their sound had a lot of similarities, 90's stuff with elements of poppy punk (not in a sum 41 kind of way), recent Emo-core bands and emo bands with an indie pop/rock touch.

Screamo stuff (both the noise, and the core/metal parts) - Amber Inn, From Ashes Rise, Grade, Joshua Fit For Battle, Orchid, Portraits of Past, Saetia, Spirit of Versailles, Time In Malta, Torches to Rome, Usurp Synapse, Yaphet Kotto.

Other Bands with emo/screamo elements that may or may not be called by some magazine Emo/Screamo but who cares - BoySetsFire, Jimmy Eat World, Thrice, Coalesce, Converge, Econochrist, Poisonthewell, Thrice.