Screamo and emo.

MalaCloudy Black

God, I hate all the splitting of hairs within genres. But aaaanyways, here's some bands that you may like.

Belvedere: Haven't heard a lot from them, but Closed Doors is a cool song.

From First to Last: Kiss me, I'm Contagious, Ride the Wings of Pestilance are both good songs.

Hawthorne Heights: Ohio is for Lovers, Dissolve and Decay

Hidden in Plain View: Halycon Daze, Ashes, Ashes

Moneen: Are We Really Happy?, Start Angry... End Mad.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screamo stuff (both the noise, and the core/metal parts) - Amber Inn, From Ashes Rise, Grade, Joshua Fit For Battle, Orchid, Portraits of Past, Saetia, Spirit of Versailles, Time In Malta, Torches to Rome, Usurp Synapse, Yaphet Kotto.

Edited by Funk Odyssey

Fall Out Boy:

A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me

Dance, Dance

Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying (Do The Scene A Favor And Stop Coming To Shows)

Grenade Jumper

I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me

I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Makes Me Think You Should Shut Your Mouth

Our Lawyers Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued

Sophmore Slump Or Comeback of The Year

Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today

The Patron Saint Of Liars And Fakes

XO

That's mostly songs from their new album "From Under The Cork Tree" and they have turned to... taking much longer names for their songs. The next band... I don't know IF you can classify them, they're so unique, but I am going to throw it out there anyways.

Blood Brothers:

Love Rhymes With Hideous Carwreck (Y)

Ambulance vs. Ambulance

Fucking Greatest Hits

Actually, are 36 Crazyfists emo? I don't care, but listen to them.

Nope, they fall into the numetal genre. One of my favorite bands, BTW.

Arguably, thier second album could be conisidered nu-metal with slight emo-ness, although not in the downright sappy way that most of the bands on these lists are. Good band, one of my faves also, I'd recommend them even to an emo fan.

And all genres these days, IMO, are full of shit bands, with the ratio between shit and good being way, way in favour of the shit. Its because there are too many labels willing to sell any old shit (underground-wise), and there are a lot of bands chosen on what they can sell, rather than talent (commercial-wise)

First off, I'll list my favorite screamo/emocore/indiecore/post hardcore/emo bands, and then I'll list some other decent bands.

Circle Takes The Square

Majority Rule

Eyes Upon Seperation

Welcome The Plague Year

City of Caterpillar

Love Lost But Not Forgotten

Page Ninetynine / Pg. 99

Joshua Fit For Battle

Hot Cross

Since By Man

Daughters, though I personally dislike them

Fear Before the March of Flames

Lickgoldensky

Light the Fuse and Run

Orchid

Jude The Obscure

Planes Mistaken For Stars

Song of Zarasthustra

You and I

People keep slagging on screamcore, but seriously, when any new genre picks it up it is instantly demonized by people who don't like it. No one liked metal at first. No one liked punk at first. No one liked rap at first.

And really, as much as I don't really like bands like Brand New, Thrice and Thursday, they are pretty good at what they do. And for every Brand New and Thrice there is are good screamcore bands. And, one other thing... Much Music here in Canada has a huge hard-on for bands like Alexisonfire. And as much as the screaming bothers people, the shit is catching on with the kids. And if that stops them from listening to Backstreet Boys or 50 Cent... well, than I guess I'll keep buying their music and requesting their videos.

People keep slagging on screamcore, but seriously, when any new genre picks it up it is instantly demonized by people who don't like it. No one liked metal at first. No one liked punk at first. No one liked rap at first.

And really, as much as I don't really like bands like Brand New, Thrice and Thursday, they are pretty good at what they do. And for every Brand New and Thrice there is are good screamcore bands. And, one other thing... Much Music here in Canada has a huge hard-on for bands like Alexisonfire. And as much as the screaming bothers people, the shit is catching on with the kids. And if that stops them from listening to Backstreet Boys or 50 Cent... well, than I guess I'll keep buying their music and requesting their videos.

I wasn't making fun of Brand New, Thrice and Thursday. They just aren't my thing. Ok, I did love that Brand New song Sic Transit Gloria... ok, I do like Brand New. But Thrice and Thursday just aren't my thing... but I tell everyone I know to check them out. Because they are more mainstream friendly than say... Underoath.

In any event, and I don't want to sound like some elitist fuck, but Thrice, Thursday, the new Alexisonfire and Brand New are all far from Screamo, just like about almost every other "Screamo" band people have listed thus far (with the exception of Circle Takes the Square, Usurp Synapse and some others).

Really, just listen to something like Page 99, and then listen to Thrice, and try to find the similiarities. There are basically none.

In any event, and I don't want to sound like some elitist fuck, but Thrice, Thursday, the new Alexisonfire and Brand New are all far from Screamo, just like about almost every other "Screamo" band people have listed thus far (with the exception of Circle Takes the Square, Usurp Synapse and some others).

Really, just listen to something like Page 99, and then listen to Thrice, and try to find the similiarities. There are basically none.

Edited by Funk Odyssey

Oh, but the second part of my list are screamo (or any if its related genres) bands as well. It's just that the first part of the list are my favorite bands in that genre, and while the bands in the second part of the list are good too, I just don't like them as much.

Edited by Bas

Oh, but the second part of my list are screamo (or any if its related genres) bands as well. It's just that the first part of the list are my favorite bands in that genre, and while the bands in the second part of the list are good too, I just don't like them as much.